Author Topic: Fox is reporting another possible mass shooting  (Read 19393 times)

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Fox is reporting another possible mass shooting
« Reply #175 on: October 05, 2015, 01:08:00 pm »
How do you know a shooting even happened?  It was on the news, you know.  I mean, how can you trust 'them'?

You don't... they're lying to you either way... that's the point...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Carling

« Reply #176 on: October 05, 2015, 02:55:06 pm »
Well, one would have to assume some sort of centralized coordination. And that's a bridge too far for me, Dan. I don't go in for vast conspiracies, right or left.

The JournoList is an example of centralized coordination.  The MSM is basically a press release organ for the Democrat Party.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #177 on: October 05, 2015, 03:10:32 pm »
The JournoList is an example of centralized coordination.  The MSM is basically a press release organ for the Democrat Party.

And, the overwhelming number of liberal schools and university professors turnout liberal journalists, who then reinforce the liberal point of view in the populace...who then become liberal university professors who turn out liberal journalists, who then... It's a perpetual ideology machine.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg thing, too.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2015, 03:11:35 pm »

"Ezra Klein controlled the forum's membership and limited it to "several hundred left-leaning bloggers, political reporters, magazine writers, policy wonks and academics."

Ol' Ezra wouldn't be a member of 'the group that cannot be criticized'... would he?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2015, 03:17:44 pm »

But, I forgot to mention ... It's simply a liberal milieu we are dealing with, not a command and control center.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2015, 03:29:22 pm »
But, I forgot to mention ... It's simply a liberal milieu we are dealing with, not a command and control center.

If you'll just try a little harder... work a little harder... get a GOP President and Congress... then you'll overcome the 'liberal milieu'...

NOT...    :silly:

Offline Carling

« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2015, 04:03:06 pm »
And, the overwhelming number of liberal schools and university professors turnout liberal journalists, who then reinforce the liberal point of view in the populace...who then become liberal university professors who turn out liberal journalists, who then... It's a perpetual ideology machine.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg thing, too.

"Check the transcript, Candy."

Stephanapoulus' seemingly random question to Romney about birth control that started the "war on women" nonsense.

It doesn't take a math genius to put 1+1 together when looking for examples of coordination between the Dems and their friendly media in terms of controlling the narrative.  Watch the liberal news media.  Rush Limbaugh literally puts out hilarious audio examples of liberal media soundbites being exactly the same across all networks, including the same buzzwords.  How does that happen?  It can't be a coincidence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2015, 05:11:29 pm »
"Check the transcript, Candy."

Stephanapoulus' seemingly random question to Romney about birth control that started the "war on women" nonsense.

It doesn't take a math genius to put 1+1 together when looking for examples of coordination between the Dems and their friendly media in terms of controlling the narrative.  Watch the liberal news media.  Rush Limbaugh literally puts out hilarious audio examples of liberal media soundbites being exactly the same across all networks, including the same buzzwords.  How does that happen?  It can't be a coincidence.

I never said democrats don't have cheerleaders in the media. Just that there is no "central" command and control, as in a "vast conspiracy directed by a shadowy "someone," whom the conspiracists are forever unable to name.

Nor do I believe Rush Limbaugh is part of a right wing media conspiracy.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2015, 05:36:37 pm »
I never said democrats don't have cheerleaders in the media. Just that there is no "central" command and control, as in a "vast conspiracy directed by a shadowy "someone," whom the conspiracists are forever unable to name.

Nor do I believe Rush Limbaugh is part of a right wing media conspiracy.

It's not a conspiracy, but then, none is required to achieve the desired effect.

An essentially uniform story narrative comes about quite naturally - because of the common beliefs, assumptions and values held by news reporters and editors who grew up in the same places and went to the same schools. It is then affirmed and amplified by the broad network of news sources upon which the mainstream media rely, including public policy organizations (both governmental and non-governmental), single-issue advocacy groups, and public relations/consulting firms - the vast majority of which are allied with liberal causes. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2015, 05:42:38 pm »
It's not a conspiracy, but then, none is required to achieve the desired effect.

Actually, it is a conspiracy.  JournoList and the echo-chamber of terms used on the msm proves that it is.

The only real question is... just how large is this conspiracy...

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2015, 05:57:02 pm »
Actually, it is a conspiracy.  JournoList and the echo-chamber of terms used on the msm proves that it is.

JournoList was (and is) primarily a resource for writers and editors who all think the same way already to contact academics and institution members who also already think the same way. I'm certain it has been used as a conduit for narrative and storyline development, but as such, it operates independently from other leftist movement opinion leaders and outlets, a fine list of which appears here.... http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Movement.asp
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2015, 05:58:56 pm »
JournoList was (and is) primarily a resource for writers and editors who all think the same way already to contact academics and institution members who also already think the same way. I'm certain it has been used as a conduit for narrative and storyline development, but as such, it operates independently from other leftist movement opinion leaders and outlets, a fine list of which appears here.... http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Movement.asp
How do you know it operates 'independently' from other leftist outlets?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2015, 06:16:35 pm »

An essentially uniform story narrative comes about quite naturally - because of the common beliefs, assumptions and values held by news reporters and editors who grew up in the same places and went to the same schools. It is then affirmed and amplified by the broad network of news sources upon which the mainstream media rely, including public policy organizations (both governmental and non-governmental), single-issue advocacy groups, and public relations/consulting firms - the vast majority of which are allied with liberal causes.

You made the point way better than I did in my attempt - but sometimes my time is limited and I rush through. What are you laughing at? It's a credible excuse. :whistle:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2015, 06:19:05 pm »

I agree with Dan.  There have been far too many cases of different MSM outlets using the same wording/phrasing on breaking stories for it to have been mere chance.  Sometimes the exact same wording.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2015, 06:37:21 pm »

I'm totally on board with you on this one, Dan.      :beer:            (((ducks)))
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2015, 07:09:49 pm »

I agree with Dan.  There have been far too many cases of different MSM outlets using the same wording/phrasing on breaking stories for it to have been mere chance.  Sometimes the exact same wording.

There are organizational reasons for the exact wording.

(Preface: reporters and editors are lazy. They've been known to invent sources and attributions. As a qualifier, I have a journalism degree from Cal State but went in a different direction after graduation.)

News agencies (AFP, Reuters, DPA, TASS etc) sell news to outlets. Local newspapers, TV, radio stations subscribe to news services because they don't have the resources to gather national and international news themselves.

Combine those two facts and what you get is similar wording in TV, radio and newspaper stories. Plus there's the Internet, a new, major source of the echo chamber effect.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2015, 07:12:11 pm »
Don't forget also that all news agencies use the same style guide.

Psst - do you think he knows we're all in on the conspiracy? Or is he just guessing?  :whistle:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:13:03 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #192 on: October 05, 2015, 07:19:39 pm »
There are organizational reasons for the exact wording.

(Preface: reporters and editors are lazy. They've been known to invent sources and attributions. As a qualifier, I have a journalism degree from Cal State but went in a different direction after graduation.)

News agencies (AFP, Reuters, DPA, TASS etc) sell news to outlets. Local newspapers, TV, radio stations subscribe to news services because they don't have the resources to gather national and international news themselves.

Combine those two facts and what you get is similar wording in TV, radio and newspaper stories. Plus there's the Internet, a new, major source of the echo chamber effect.
I have long complained that the Associated Press, with its access to almost every newspaper in America and countless TV and radio outlets, is one of the most dangerous organizations in America. They have a unique ability to control a narrative that few other agencies have.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2015, 07:23:37 pm »
I have long complained that the Associated Press, with its access to almost every newspaper in America and countless TV and radio outlets, is one of the most dangerous organizations in America. They have a unique ability to control a narrative that few other agencies have.

I just hate coinkidinks like that...

Offline aligncare

« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2015, 07:24:58 pm »
Don't forget also that all news agencies use the same style guide.

Psst - do you think he knows we're all in on the conspiracy? Or is he just guessing?  :whistle:

Exactly.

I just think that liberal and conservative are the two major ways of thinking about the world - political and social. Each team uses similar plays (arguments), live life in similar ways (not exactly but you know what I mean).

I feel certain that new brain scanning technology may someday show structural differences between liberals' and conservatives' brains. And in the case of liberals they'll discover the hamster died.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2015, 07:41:37 pm »
Dan is absolutely right.....watch this and then get back to me.

And not once is there a repeat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0LCTl3o2kY
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2015, 07:55:57 pm »

DC, heard this before. Just lazy talking heads, that's all.

I looked up the word gravitas: Definition: seriousness. Synonyms: dignity, gravity, sobriety.

Sometimes one particular word works the best (to show off how smart they think they are.)

Online mountaineer

« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2015, 07:59:27 pm »
FWIW, I am a former reporter. One of my coworkers at the newspaper, a very good reporter and writer, applied for a job at AP. They told her they wouldn't hire her because she had been spotted at a rally for a Republican gubernatorial candidate. It wasn't actually a rally and she was just hanging out with some friends, but that pretty well sums up the hiring practices there.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2015, 08:00:30 pm »

No question about it - they frequently use the same wording, phrasing and story line/narrative, while omitting any facts or details that tend to contradict the "approved" narrative.

The point I'm trying to make is that we cannot assume from such commonalities alone that a "conspiracy" is afoot, or that purposeful collaboration between media outlets is undeniable. For one thing, many of these media sources are in direct competition with one another for circulation or ratings or web advertising "hits". It is simply not in their interest to collaborate on everything.

Instead, from what I've seen and heard, liberal opinion makers all arrive at pretty much same place because they're on the same metaphorical "Info train" - they get their news from the New York Times and the Washington Post... who increasingly get their news from UPI, AP and Reuters (all liberal-dominated, of course). They get their position papers from the Center for American Progress and Brookings. They get press releases directly from the DNC, complete with talking points. They've got incestuous, revolving door relationships with government institutions in Washington/Maryland/Virginia. Hell, they marry each other in great numbers, after having gone to the same prep schools and colleges and grad schools. They live in an echo chamber of "acceptable" liberal opinion, which light never enters and dissent never escapes.  And yes - they're also lazy. 

Offline Carling

« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2015, 08:02:41 pm »
DC, heard this before. Just lazy talking heads, that's all.

I looked up the word gravitas: Definition: seriousness. Synonyms: dignity, gravity, sobriety.

Sometimes one particular word works the best (to show off how smart they think they are.)

There are many more examples of what DC posted.  There is no way it is all coincidence that numerous media outlets use the same term.  I'm just surprised that there are still people on the right who don't think Democrats and the White House coordinate news events and narratives with their liberal media friends.