Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528660 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2016, 03:46:43 am »
Two Dead After Cemetery Brawl in Moscow

MOSCOW (AP) — A violent brawl Saturday at a Moscow cemetery involving about 200 people in an apparent turf war left three people dead and 23 others hospitalized, police and health officials said.

Those in the brawl fired guns and used shovels, shovel handles, steel bars and baseball bats against their opponents, Russian news reports said.

Two of those who died were hit by a car driven by someone trying to flee the scene, Moscow police spokeswoman Sofia Khotina told the Interfax news agency. She said the three people in the car, who were armed with pistols, were among more than 50 people detained by police.

The city health department said another person also was killed and four of the 23 hospitalized were in serious condition.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/3f0ad3d070144d939ea0a066f1cec6ca/moscow-cemetery-brawl-leaves-2-dead-10-wounded

Yes, I heard about this. Up to 3 dead now.

http://www.rferl.org/content/moscow-cemetery-brawl-deaths/27734745.html

Ethnic Chechens, Daghestanis, Uzbeks, and Tajiks were reportedly among those detained.

Based on reporting by Reuters, AFP, TASS, and the BBC

So, this clarifies who was probably fighting as the article I read said "ethnic groups" but still this happened near Moscow.

geronl

« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2016, 04:17:03 am »

Thieves Attempt to Siphon Gas From a Bus But Accidentally Suck Out Sewage

http://973thedawg.com/thieves-attempt-to-siphon-gas-from-a-bus-but-accidentally-suck-out-sewage/

Read More: Thieves Attempt to Siphon Gas From Bus Accidentally Suck Out Sewage | http://973thedawg.com/thieves-attempt-to-siphon-gas-from-a-bus-but-accidentally-suck-out-sewage/?trackback=tsmclip

A few fellas in Australia recently learned a lesson on why you should watch what you put in your mouth.

Some thieves really needed a little gasoline in their lives so they decided to attempt to siphon it from a tour bus. They snuck up to the bus in the middle of the night, stuck a hose in the tank, and got to sucking.

There was one big problem. They put the hose in the wrong place. So instead of siphoning gas, yep, they were siphoning from the sewage tank!

An investigating police sergeant said, “We can infer they [made] a very hasty retreat, with a somewhat bitter taste in their mouth.”

Read More: Thieves Attempt to Siphon Gas From Bus Accidentally Suck Out Sewage | http://973thedawg.com/thieves-attempt-to-siphon-gas-from-a-bus-but-accidentally-suck-out-sewage/?trackback=tsmclip

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2016, 12:14:16 pm »
Lawsuit seeks to ban balloon releases at University of Nebraska football games

An activist in Omaha is asking a federal court to ban balloon releases at University of Nebraska football games, the latest skirmish in a nationwide battle over whether the soaring spectacles exact a heavy toll on the environment.

Randall Krause filed suit in the state’s federal court alleging the release of thousands of bright red balloons by Cornhusker fans following the first touchdown of home games violates national environmental laws. He likens the balloons to flying garbage that endangers wildlife and even children when they eventually fall to the earth.

“The mass balloon releases during football games at Memorial Stadium result in the open dumping of solid waste,” Mr. Krause alleged in a 14-page suit filed Monday.

The university, which has been releasing thousands of balloons at home games since the 1940s, doesn’t comment on pending legislation, said Steve Smith, spokesman for the school.

“It is, however, worth noting that every balloon released in Memorial Stadium is natural latex biodegradable, and they are tied off with 100% cotton strings,” Mr. Smith said in a statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/16/lawsuit-seeks-to-ban-balloon-releases-at-university-nebraska-football-games.html?intcmp=hpbt3

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2016, 01:41:21 pm »

http://973thedawg.com/thieves-attempt-to-siphon-gas-from-a-bus-but-accidentally-suck-out-sewage/

Bunch of "potty mouths"

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2016, 03:33:17 pm »

Instant poetic justice.
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2016, 03:40:11 pm »
Instant poetic justice.

"No tank too big, no tank too small, teacup or cesspool, we suck 'em all."

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2016, 09:53:27 am »
Lawsuit seeks to ban balloon releases at University of Nebraska football games

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/16/lawsuit-seeks-to-ban-balloon-releases-at-university-nebraska-football-games.html?intcmp=hpbt3
It's a string, less rubber than a condom, and no special sauce. Just because they will be dispersed more widely than the local 'inspiration point', doesn't make them deadly. Exactly what data do they have to show any harm?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2016, 02:59:39 am »
Strange news; not ridiculous and I am sorry for the death involved. I don't think this quite merits a separate thread under national news though with such pressing problems.

Jelly Belly family sued over man crushed by WWII tank

The Jelly Belly family is being sued over the death of a man crushed by a WWII tank at the chairman's home in August. The tragedy occurred at a family reunion at the California home of Herman Rowland Sr., chair of the candy company's board and an avid collector of old military vehicles.

Rowland's son-in-law, Dwayne Brasher, husband of Jelly Belly CEO Lisa Brasher, was driving one of those vehicles, the aforementioned 1944 M5 tank. While he was driving Kevin Wright around, Wright was tossed from the tank and into its path.

Now, Wright's father (who was living with and being taken care of by Wright at the time of his death) and two adult daughters (whose mother died in 2009) are suing Rowland and his son-in-law, the Daily Beast reports.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/05/18/jelly-belly-family-sued-over-man-crushed-by-wwii-tank/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2016, 03:06:04 am »
Now, this is ridiculous!
Colorado babysitter held in drive-through bank robbery with kids in car

May 16 A Colorado babysitter has been arrested on suspicion of robbing a drive-through bank by falsely claiming that a man in her vehicle threatened to harm the two children in her care unless given money, police said on Monday.

According to the Greeley Tribune, Einspahr planned to rob the bank to pay back $15,000 under a possible plea agreement in previous theft cases. She remained behind bars Tuesday, according to Weld County Jail records. The sheriff's office says there was never actually a man in the SUV, and it's unclear who the second person detained was. As a result, Einspahr has been charged with two counts of child abuse as well.

According to the Coloradoan, Einspahr wrote a note demanding $500 and sent it through the drive-thru tube to the teller. Soon after the robbery took place, police found the white SUV she drove parked in front of a house. Although the children, whose ages were not disclosed, were not harmed, she was also charged with two counts of child abuse.

http://bilbaoya.com/2016/05/18/colorado-babysitter-held-in-drive-through-bank-robbery-with.html

Okay, so the extenuating circumstances are that a man was threatening to hurt the 2 children in the car, maybe not as odd as just looking at the headline.

Basque news website but they must have some news feed just like there is a decent Italian news website that does it.

http://bilbaoya.com/2016/05/18/colorado-babysitter-held-in-drive-through-bank-robbery-with.html

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2016, 05:08:56 pm »
GOP Lawmaker Proposes The State Of Louisiana Regulate Strippers' Weight.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kenneth-havard-louisiana-regulate-strippers-weight

A Republican lawmaker on Wednesday proposed that a bill raising the minimum age for dancers at strip clubs also allow the state of Louisiana to regulate strippers' weight.

State Rep. Kenneth Havard was discussing the bill, which would raise the minimum age for exotic dancers from 18 to 21, when he also threw out there that he'd like the dancers to remain under 160 pounds, according to The Huffington Post. Havard also suggested the maximum age for a stripper under the law should be 28.
ADVERTISING

Some of Havard's female colleagues quickly criticized his comments.

"I can’t even believe the behavior," state Rep. Julie Stokes told the New Orleans Times-Picayune. "I hear derogatory comments about women, I see women get treated differently than men.”

Havard quickly withdrew his amendment, calling it a "poke at over regulating everything."

“It was aimed at both men and women. I can’t strip either. I’m a little overweight,” Havard told the Times-Picayune.

He did not immediately respond Thursday morning to TPM's request for comment.

The bill raising the minimum age for exotic dancers, which was intended to curb human trafficking, passed the state's House by a vote of 96 to 0.

----

And what if I like big butts and I cannot lie?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2016, 05:23:32 pm »
Woman Gets Asked To Leave Gym Because Her Boobs Are Too Large

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/19/woman-gets-asked-to-leave-gym-because-her-boobs-are-too-large/

A Canadian woman was “humiliated” after she was asked to leave her gym because her boobs were “too large.”
Woman asked to leave gym because her boobs are too big

Jenna Vecchio lives in Ottawa and was working out with her husband over the weekend at the Movati Athletic Club when a gym employee approached her and asked her to leave.

The employee said other gym goers complained that Vecchio “made them feel uncomfortable” because her chest was too big for her shirt.

“I said I can’t help it that my chest may appear larger than some other women’s here because of my small frame, but I can’t do anything about it,” Vecchio said during an interview this week.

-----

I'd say no self-respecting male would file such a complaint, but we are talking Canada here.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2016, 05:45:11 pm »
Woman Gets Asked To Leave Gym Because Her Boobs Are Too Large

“I said I can’t help it that my chest may appear larger than some other women’s here because of my small frame, but I can’t do anything about it,” Vecchio said during an interview this week.

-----

I'd say no self-respecting male would file such a complaint, but we are talking Canada here.

My bet is the complaint came from female patrons of the Gym who were having trouble attracting attention to themselves...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2016, 06:20:32 pm »
No all male jury would convict her....

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2016, 02:42:36 pm »
Vegas Judge Handcuffs Public Defender In Court To Teach Her A 'Lesson'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/conrad-hafen-zohra-baktary-handcuffed-court

A Nevada public defender was handcuffed alongside inmates in jail clothing in court Monday after a judge accused her of interrupting him while she argued on behalf of her client, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

In a tense exchange, Las Vegas Judge Conrad Hafen told Zohra Bakhtary, a deputy public defender, to “be quiet” as she made the case for keeping her client, who was appearing on theft charges, out of jail.

“Zohra, be quiet,” the judge cautioned the attorney, according to court transcripts obtained by the Wall Street Journal.

“Judge, you’re asking—” Bakhtary said, but the judge cut her off.

“You’re making—” Bakhtary tried again before Hafen asked if she wanted to be found in contempt of court.

She tried yet again: “Judge, you’re asking—”

“Zohra, be quiet. Now. Not another word,” Hafen shot back.

Bakhtary said, “Judge, you’re—,” before Hafen turned to his marshal and directed him to take the public defender into custody, saying, “Travis, right now. I’m tired of it. Right now.”

Bakhtary said, “Judge, you’re—,” before Hafen turned to his marshal and directed him to take the public defender into custody, saying, “Travis, right now. I’m tired of it. Right now.”

Bakhtary was handcuffed and placed in the jury box, the Review-Journal reported. Her client was ordered to spend six months in jail.

Hafen later asked for her to be released, saying, “I think she’s learned a lesson.”

“You need to have order in a courtroom,” the judge later told the Review-Journal. “And there needs to be proper decorum with attorneys.”

Hafen also said he’s had difficulty with Bakhtary in his courtroom before, but he’s “been trying to work with her.”

“There’s been a progression of steps in the courtroom where I’ve tried to let her know it’s not proper decorum for her to continue to talk over me or interrupt me after she’s already made her argument,” he told the Review-Journal. “Once an argument is made, then you have to allow the judge to respond, so there’s a clear record, and you shouldn’t be interrupting the judge as the judge is making a ruling...Today it just spilled over to where I thought, ‘Well, clearly she’s not understanding what I’m trying to tell her.’”
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2016, 03:26:10 pm »
Meth Burrito? Border Officers Find Woman Carrying $3,000 Of Crystal Wrapped In Tortillas

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency released a statement Tuesday announcing the arrest of a woman who was found carrying more than a pound of methamphetamine disguised as a bag of burritos.

According to CBP, officers stopped the 23-year-old Nogales, Ariz., woman at the Morley Pedestrian gate on Friday.

A narcotics canine led them to the hidden contraband, which officers estimated carried a street value of roughly $3,000.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/26/border-officers-find-woman-carrying-3000-of-meth-wrapped-in-tortillas/#ixzz49m9wv38d

------

Yo quero Taco Meth?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2016, 02:43:40 am »
Heimlich, 96, uses own maneuver to save life

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/96-dr-henry-heimlich-uses-his-own-technique-first-time-save-someone

He’s demonstrated how to save lives countless times since inventing his technique four decades ago, but Dr. Henry Heimlich had never used his namesake maneuver on someone who was actually choking — until this week.

On Monday evening, when a woman who happened to be sitting next to him in their upscale Cincinnati retirement community choked on a piece of hamburger, 96-year-old Heimlich sprung into action.

“I immediately knew she was choking,” Heimlich told NBC News. “I just realized, I’ve got to go over and save her.”

So the doctor stood up, wrapped his hands around Patty Ris, 87, and began to squeeze her abdomen.

“It worked right away,” the grateful Ris told NBC News.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2016, 03:14:39 am »
WEED BETTER STOP EM: Sheep Eat Cannabis Plants, Create Hilarious Havoc

http://www.mediaite.com/online/weed-better-stop-em-sheep-eat-cannabis-plants-create-hilarious-havoc/

In what the local media described as an “out-of-control” situation, a heard of sheep ransacked remnants of a cannabis factory that had spilled over onto the side of the road.

In Swansea Valley South Wales, the sheep were found creating utter destruction in people’s gardens after ingesting large amounts of the residual marijuana, presumably looking for Doritos or Taco Bell in the process.

“There is already a flock of sheep roaming the village causing a nuisance,” said Swansea Valley Councillor Ioan Richard. He continued, “We could have an outbreak of psychotic sheep rampaging through the village.”

(NOTE TO SELF: MOVIE IDEA)

One of the sheep — and I really hope this is true — reportedly broke into a bungalow and caused a mess in someone’s bedroom...
The Republic is lost.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2016, 06:25:54 am »
WEED BETTER STOP EM: Sheep Eat Cannabis Plants, Create Hilarious Havoc

http://www.mediaite.com/online/weed-better-stop-em-sheep-eat-cannabis-plants-create-hilarious-havoc/

In what the local media described as an “out-of-control” situation, a heard of sheep ransacked remnants of a cannabis factory that had spilled over onto the side of the road.

In Swansea Valley South Wales, the sheep were found creating utter destruction in people’s gardens after ingesting large amounts of the residual marijuana, presumably looking for Doritos or Taco Bell in the process.

“There is already a flock of sheep roaming the village causing a nuisance,” said Swansea Valley Councillor Ioan Richard. He continued, “We could have an outbreak of psychotic sheep rampaging through the village.”

(NOTE TO SELF: MOVIE IDEA)

One of the sheep — and I really hope this is true — reportedly broke into a bungalow and caused a mess in someone’s bedroom...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrew1djRCWM[/youtube]
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2016, 02:47:14 pm »
Seattle’s ‘man in tree’ incompetent to stand trial after spending 25 hours in 80-foot sequoia
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/seattle-man-tree-incompetent-stand-trial-article-1.2656861

Slow news days.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2016, 06:18:17 pm »

Man arrested in Calhan domestic violence shooting 

Man challenges daughter to a “duel”

A man has been arrested after pointing a gun at his daughter and wife during a domestic violence incident Wednesday night, according to a news release from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Department.

Robert Williams told his daughter to get another gun from the house so that the two could “duel,” the release said.

A struggle between the two ensued, and the father’s gun went off. The juvenile daughter fired a round back in his direction. No one was hit or injured.

More at http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/02/man-arrested-in-calhan-domestic-violence-shooting/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2016, 06:26:33 pm »

Robert Williams told his daughter to get another gun from the house so that the two could “duel,” the release said.

A struggle between the two ensued, and the father’s gun went off. The juvenile daughter fired a round back in his direction. No one was hit or injured.

This is only okay with super-soakers at ten paces.

geronl

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2016, 11:17:06 pm »
5 Months in Jail but had $2 bail

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/queens-man-unaware-2-bail-spends-5-months-rikers-article-1.2656363
Must have been such a pleasant guy they made a point of letting him know. He had three hots and a cot anyway, considering the initial arrest was for stealing a coat...

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2016, 11:20:11 pm »
Must have been such a pleasant guy they made a point of letting him know. He had three hots and a cot anyway, considering the initial arrest was for stealing a coat...

I bet he'll end up suing the city for $30,000 or something

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2016, 09:41:01 pm »
When you want to name your daughter Katelyn, decide that's too common, and accidentally name her Kevin instead:

Woman swaps letters for Roman numerals in baby's name

An Australian woman has come up with a unique name for her daughter. You could liken it to a vanity plate for your car, but using Roman numerals.

Instead of Kaitlyn, they replaced the 'ait' with VIII, making it "KVIIIlyn."

http://www.wgrz.com/features/woman-swaps-letters-for-roman-numerals-in-babys-name/234190851
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024