Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 527699 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2800 on: April 15, 2021, 09:42:31 am »
Not the work boots, either... **nononono*

@Smokin Joe

I have to wonder how many here understand the reference to "red wings". My best GUESS is "very few".

And "No,I will NOT explain this on a public board,so don't ask.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2801 on: April 15, 2021, 09:55:25 am »
@Smokin Joe

I have to wonder how many here understand the reference to "red wings". My best GUESS is "very few".

And "No,I will NOT explain this on a public board,so don't ask.
You don't need to explain to a guy who spent his 'bad ol' days' on a motorcycle... :beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2802 on: April 15, 2021, 11:23:57 am »
You don't need to explain to a guy who spent his 'bad ol' days' on a motorcycle... :beer:

@Smokin Joe

One of these days I am going to find and post the last surviving photo of me sitting on the 40 Knucklehead with the 3/4 rake,15 over springer,"lightening" cam and valve train,and peanut tank that I finished building after getting out  of the army in 1970.

I was literally the only Harley rider in a 3 county area,plus I had a long beard,long hair,and was not/am not open to the idea of being abused.

I was once described in traffic court as "a long-haired individual with a hippy-looking beard riding a chopper-style motorcycle that was passing traffic."

The cop didn't seem to be happy when *I* described him in court as a "a neo-Nazi with a shaved head that looked like Porky Pig."

I may have still be a bit aggressive that soon after getting out of the army.

They couldn't hit me up with a speeding ticket because the scoot "profile" was too thin to be recorded.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 11:27:23 am by sneakypete »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2803 on: April 15, 2021, 07:43:01 pm »
@Smokin Joe

One of these days I am going to find and post the last surviving photo of me sitting on the 40 Knucklehead with the 3/4 rake,15 over springer,"lightening" cam and valve train,and peanut tank that I finished building after getting out  of the army in 1970.

I was literally the only Harley rider in a 3 county area,plus I had a long beard,long hair,and was not/am not open to the idea of being abused.

I was once described in traffic court as "a long-haired individual with a hippy-looking beard riding a chopper-style motorcycle that was passing traffic."

The cop didn't seem to be happy when *I* described him in court as a "a neo-Nazi with a shaved head that looked like Porky Pig."

I may have still be a bit aggressive that soon after getting out of the army.

They couldn't hit me up with a speeding ticket because the scoot "profile" was too thin to be recorded.
:beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2804 on: April 15, 2021, 11:43:42 pm »
Long hair gives the cops something to get a good grip on. Don't ask how I know that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2805 on: April 15, 2021, 11:53:40 pm »
Long hair gives the cops something to get a good grip on. Don't ask how I know that.

@bigheadfred

Yeah,but that is a double-edged sword. If I am close enough they can grab me,they are close enough I can get my hands on them.

Online corbe

« Reply #2806 on: April 16, 2021, 01:55:36 pm »
2 women busted for trying to use a $1M bill — at a Dollar General store

Jami Ganz, New York Daily News  11 hrs ago

Who wants to be a millionaire?
 A pair in Tennessee attempted to pass off a $1,000,000 bill to cover a purchase at a Dollar General store in the Knoxville area.

Tennessee’s Amanda McCormick and relative Linda Johnson sure tried, and now they’re paying for it, sort of, The Smoking Gun reported Wednesday.

McCormick, 39, tried to pay for several gift cards with a counterfeit $1 million bill at the Dollar General in Knoxville-area Maryville, where she was joined by 61-year-old Johnson, according to the police report obtained by the outlet. The story was first reported by local paper The Daily Times.

McCormick claimed to have received the bill “in the mail from a church, but could not provide the church information,” the report notes.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/2-women-busted-for-trying-to-use-a-1m-bill-at-a-dollar-general-store/ar-BB1fHJjP?ocid=msedgntp

The image below is just 2 women from Tennessee and has absolutely nothing to do with the above article

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2807 on: April 16, 2021, 03:13:36 pm »
McCormick, 39, tried to pay for several gift cards with a counterfeit $1 million bill at the Dollar General in Knoxville-area Maryville .  .  .

That's 'Mar-vul', just south 'Alcoa.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2808 on: April 16, 2021, 05:32:21 pm »
2 women busted for trying to use a $1M bill — at a Dollar General store

Jami Ganz, New York Daily News  11 hrs ago

Who wants to be a millionaire?
 A pair in Tennessee attempted to pass off a $1,000,000 bill to cover a purchase at a Dollar General store in the Knoxville area.

Tennessee’s Amanda McCormick and relative Linda Johnson sure tried, and now they’re paying for it, sort of, The Smoking Gun reported Wednesday.

McCormick, 39, tried to pay for several gift cards with a counterfeit $1 million bill at the Dollar General in Knoxville-area Maryville, where she was joined by 61-year-old Johnson, according to the police report obtained by the outlet. The story was first reported by local paper The Daily Times.

McCormick claimed to have received the bill “in the mail from a church, but could not provide the church information,” the report notes.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/2-women-busted-for-trying-to-use-a-1m-bill-at-a-dollar-general-store/ar-BB1fHJjP?ocid=msedgntp

The image below is just 2 women from Tennessee and has absolutely nothing to do with the above article

Dang @corbe I was gonna say 39 and 61? Those Tennessee women age good!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2809 on: April 17, 2021, 12:23:47 am »
@bigheadfred

Yeah,but that is a double-edged sword. If I am close enough they can grab me,they are close enough I can get my hands on them.

Ahem...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2810 on: April 23, 2021, 05:00:09 pm »

'Large explosion' caused by 80 pounds of tannerite in New Hampshire gender reveal party, police say
by Haley Victory Smith
April 22, 2021 07:24 PM

In yet another example of a gender reveal gone wrong, a Kingston, New Hampshire, celebration caused a "large explosion" using 80 pounds of tannerite, according to local police.

Law enforcement responded to reports of an explosion on Tuesday and confirmed in a press release that it was due to "an over-the-counter, explosive target used for firearms practice [and] sold in kit form" that was set off at a quarry.

The people who were involved told law enforcement they felt like it was the safest place to set it off, according to local reports.

No injuries were reported, but residents in the area said the explosion shook their homes.

(more)
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/80lbs-tannerite-gender-reveal-explosion

80lbs of boom boom! Apparently it was felt and heard miles away.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline verga

« Reply #2811 on: April 23, 2021, 05:41:22 pm »
'Large explosion' caused by 80 pounds of tannerite in New Hampshire gender reveal party, police say
by Haley Victory Smith
April 22, 2021 07:24 PM

In yet another example of a gender reveal gone wrong, a Kingston, New Hampshire, celebration caused a "large explosion" using 80 pounds of tannerite, according to local police.

Law enforcement responded to reports of an explosion on Tuesday and confirmed in a press release that it was due to "an over-the-counter, explosive target used for firearms practice [and] sold in kit form" that was set off at a quarry.

The people who were involved told law enforcement they felt like it was the safest place to set it off, according to local reports.

No injuries were reported, but residents in the area said the explosion shook their homes.

(more)
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/80lbs-tannerite-gender-reveal-explosion

80lbs of boom boom! Apparently it was felt and heard miles away.
WTF 80lbs of tannerite, are you kidding me. What kind of rednecks are they growing in New Hampshire?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2812 on: April 23, 2021, 06:19:32 pm »

Couple planned wedding at Florida mansion. But no one told the owner.
They sent elaborate invitations to the two-day festivities at their "dream home and estate."

NBC
By Hayley Vaughn
April 22, 2021, 9:49 PM CDT

A Florida couple attempted to host a two-day wedding celebration at a mansion they didn't have permission to use, and when the owner found out about it on the day of their planned nuptials, he called the police.

Courtney Wilson, the groom, and Shenita Jones, the bride, sent elaborate invitations to family and friends to attend their wedding at their "dream home and estate." But they never got permission from the owner, Nathan Finkel, to hold the event there, NBC affiliate WTVJ in Miami reported.

(more)
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/couple-planned-wedding-florida-mansion-no-one-told-owner-n1264962
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #2813 on: April 24, 2021, 12:35:17 am »
Couple planned wedding at Florida mansion. But no one told the owner.
They sent elaborate invitations to the two-day festivities at their "dream home and estate."

NBC
By Hayley Vaughn
April 22, 2021, 9:49 PM CDT

A Florida couple attempted to host a two-day wedding celebration at a mansion they didn't have permission to use, and when the owner found out about it on the day of their planned nuptials, he called the police.

Courtney Wilson, the groom, and Shenita Jones, the bride, sent elaborate invitations to family and friends to attend their wedding at their "dream home and estate." But they never got permission from the owner, Nathan Finkel, to hold the event there, NBC affiliate WTVJ in Miami reported.

(more)
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/couple-planned-wedding-florida-mansion-no-one-told-owner-n1264962
Shenita Jones, the bride, 888mouth

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2814 on: April 24, 2021, 04:38:45 am »
Shenita Jones, the bride, 888mouth

@GtHawk

The most amazing things about that story to ME were these idiots didn't even know the owner was living in an outbuilding on the property,and the fact that they were so arrogant they went ahead and spend a freaking PILE of money setting it up.

Talk about "feeling entitled!"

What do you think the odds are of them filing a racial discrimination law suit?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2815 on: April 24, 2021, 04:39:56 am »
Shenita ......, the bride, 888mouth

@GtHawk

What an odd way to spell,well,you know.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #2816 on: April 24, 2021, 04:42:04 am »
@GtHawk

What an odd way to spell,well,you know.
I was kind of relieved there weren't any pictures.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2817 on: April 24, 2021, 04:47:40 am »
I was kind of relieved there weren't any pictures.

@GtHawk

I saw a photo. Her family must have money.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2818 on: May 23, 2021, 03:36:00 am »

https://www.businessinsider.com/tardigrades-survive-being-shot-gun-2021-5?op=1

Scientists shot tardigrades out of a gun at more than 2,000 mph to see if the critters could survive.

<snipit>

These microscopic creatures can survive in the vacuum of space, inside a volcano, and in an Antarctic lake nearly a mile underground. They have even returned to normal functioning after being frozen for three decades.

But according to a recent study in the journal Astrobiology, even seemingly indestructible tardigrades have their limits.

The researchers shot canisters full of tardigrades out of a high-speed gun at various speeds to see if the creatures could survive the pressure of each resulting impact.

==================================================================================

Fodder for thought the next time your Alma Mater calls begging for research $ donations.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2819 on: May 24, 2021, 10:41:03 pm »
Body of missing man discovered inside dinosaur statue
Phil Shiver
May 24, 2021

A 40-year-old man was found dead inside a large papier-mâché dinosaur statue in Spain after being reported missing by his family only hours earlier, multiple Spanish outlets reported over the weekend.

The man, whose identity has been protected, was discovered when a father and son who frequent the area alerted police after noticing a foul smell and seeing what they perceived to be a human leg through a crack in the statue, local news outlet La Vanguardia reported.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, they were forced to cut the statue open in order to remove the man's corpse.  ... The Blaze

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #2820 on: May 25, 2021, 01:39:07 am »
Body of missing man discovered inside dinosaur statue
Phil Shiver
May 24, 2021

A 40-year-old man was found dead inside a large papier-mâché dinosaur statue in Spain after being reported missing by his family only hours earlier, multiple Spanish outlets reported over the weekend.

The man, whose identity has been protected, was discovered when a father and son who frequent the area alerted police after noticing a foul smell and seeing what they perceived to be a human leg through a crack in the statue, local news outlet La Vanguardia reported.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, they were forced to cut the statue open in order to remove the man's corpse.  ... The Blaze

Not what you want to find in a Pinata.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #2821 on: May 25, 2021, 01:40:41 am »

https://www.businessinsider.com/tardigrades-survive-being-shot-gun-2021-5?op=1

Scientists shot tardigrades out of a gun at more than 2,000 mph to see if the critters could survive.

<snipit>

These microscopic creatures can survive in the vacuum of space, inside a volcano, and in an Antarctic lake nearly a mile underground. They have even returned to normal functioning after being frozen for three decades.

But according to a recent study in the journal Astrobiology, even seemingly indestructible tardigrades have their limits.

The researchers shot canisters full of tardigrades out of a high-speed gun at various speeds to see if the creatures could survive the pressure of each resulting impact.

==================================================================================

Fodder for thought the next time your Alma Mater calls begging for research $ donations.
Sounds like the cockroaches got some competition for sole survivor.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2822 on: May 25, 2021, 01:51:33 am »
Sounds like the cockroaches got some competition for sole survivor.

@GtHawk

Noticed that to date nobody has even bothered to shoot cockroaches out of a gun at high speed to see if THEY survive?

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #2823 on: May 25, 2021, 02:47:25 am »
@GtHawk

Noticed that to date nobody has even bothered to shoot cockroaches out of a gun at high speed to see if THEY survive?
I'd like to just how much alcohol was consumed before someone thought of shooting tardigrades out of a gun?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2824 on: May 25, 2021, 03:12:32 am »
I'd like to just how much alcohol was consumed before someone thought of shooting tardigrades out of a gun?

@GtHawk

Given the probable IQ's of the people involved,I suspect it was something a lot more sophisticated than alcohol involved this "Hold mah......" discussion.