Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 533769 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2575 on: June 22, 2020, 03:08:37 pm »
@catfish1957

Or even "Florida Undecided",who "dresses" appropriately for whatever party it is going to attend.a

I was just wondering if maybe it was a guy who thought nobody would find an xray image of a man with TWO penises to be somewhat unusual,and worthy of a closer look.

Well, you know this transgender shit has gotten out of hand.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2576 on: June 22, 2020, 03:11:25 pm »
Well, you know this transgender shit has gotten out of hand.   :silly:

@catfish1957

I guess in some cases that would depend on how many free hands you have.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

« Reply #2577 on: June 22, 2020, 07:15:50 pm »
@catfish1957

I guess in some cases that would depend on how many free hands you have.
You are D@MN lucky I had swallowed my drink,before I read you comment.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2578 on: June 23, 2020, 05:20:07 pm »
Thank goodness for the NY Post.
Man’s bladder explodes after holding in pee for 18 hours after beer binge
By Ben Cost
June 23, 2020 | 12:30pmUrine trouble.

In an incident that redefines “sleeping it off,” a Chinese man’s bladder burst when he unknowingly held his pee in for 18 hours after binging on booze.

The 40-year-old man, identified only as Mr. Hu, reportedly fell asleep — ahem, passed out? — after downing 10 bottles of beer during a heavy drinking session the night prior — without heeding nature’s call once, reports Zhuji Daily. ...

... [A] CT scan revealed that his bladder was torn in three places. ... Even worse, one of the holes had ruptured toward the patient’s abdominal cavity and forced part of his intestines to spill into the bladder — a complication doctors deemed potentially fatal if not fixed immediately. ...
Full (bladder) story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2579 on: June 23, 2020, 08:00:41 pm »
Nope. Not buying it.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2580 on: June 23, 2020, 08:07:23 pm »
Nope. Not buying it.
Most would pass a garden sized stone with that much pressure, or awaken in a huge puddle or wet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2581 on: June 23, 2020, 11:13:18 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2582 on: June 29, 2020, 07:50:31 pm »
Flightradar24  @flightradar24
SAS flight #SK2184 is delayed by about 90 minutes as some activists glue themselves to the aircraft body before departure from Ängelholm in Sweden
https://flightradar24.com/SAS2184/24cff673

3:38 PM · Jun 29, 2020
I can't read Swedish, but https://www.nsk.se/2020/06/29/personer-hindrar-flygplan-i-angelholm-att-lyfta/
Also, this Swedish story, which seems to indicate they're climate activists. Figures. https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/helsingborg/personer-hindrade-flygplan-pa-angelholms-flygplats-fran-att-lyfta

Probably too much to ask that the glue-on-flesh sensation is very unpleasant.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2583 on: June 29, 2020, 08:05:14 pm »
If it were REALLY good glue,the airplane could have taken off anyway.

Wouldn't want one of them sucked into an engine and cause a crash.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2584 on: June 29, 2020, 09:03:34 pm »
Extinction Rebellion Sverige  @ExtinctionR_SV
Breaking: SAS Flight Blocked by Rebels – No Bailouts for Dirty Industries! Activists are physically blocking the domestic flight, demanding that no taxpayers’ money be used to bail out the airline industry. 
#BailoutThePlanet #extinctionrebellion #climatechange #jointherebellion

Extinction Rebellion and 3 others
3:50 PM · Jun 29, 2020

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2585 on: June 29, 2020, 09:07:47 pm »

Yeah, some good 100 MPH tape and they'd just have increased the fuel requirements and changed the trim...

Oh wait, is that a turboprop?  888bravo
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 09:09:46 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2586 on: June 29, 2020, 09:07:48 pm »
Breaking: SAS Flight Blocked by Rebels – No Bailouts for Dirty Industries! Activists are physically blocking the domestic flight, demanding that no taxpayers’ money be used to bail out the airline industry. 

eh, a little after burner will take care of them

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2587 on: June 29, 2020, 09:36:46 pm »

Better outcome would be being peeled off based on  turbluence of going 500 mph at 30,000 feet. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2588 on: June 29, 2020, 09:45:49 pm »
Better outcome would be being peeled off based on  turbluence of going 500 mph at 30,000 feet.

Sweet... Like a Bandaid... Rip it off quick!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2589 on: June 29, 2020, 10:14:50 pm »
:silly:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2590 on: June 29, 2020, 10:49:50 pm »
I really think the corpses glued to the roof of the cockpit would cause an unacceptable amount of drag, and may not even make cruising altitude.  :shrug: 

They'd have to land somewhere downrange, and scrape them off onto the waiting pickup trucks, and then file a new flight plan. Extra drinks for the passengers and they're good to go within an hour or so.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2591 on: June 29, 2020, 11:09:24 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2592 on: June 29, 2020, 11:15:48 pm »
I can't read Swedish, but https://www.nsk.se/2020/06/29/personer-hindrar-flygplan-i-angelholm-att-lyfta/
Also, this Swedish story, which seems to indicate they're climate activists. Figures. https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/helsingborg/personer-hindrade-flygplan-pa-angelholms-flygplats-fran-att-lyfta

Probably too much to ask that the glue-on-flesh sensation is very unpleasant.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2593 on: June 29, 2020, 11:18:29 pm »

I always thought Mrs. Butterworth was white. I'm so confused.  :shrug:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2594 on: June 29, 2020, 11:41:59 pm »
This story is a few days old. I heard about it on the radio driving home from work.

San Francisco Giants commit to cardboard cutouts instead of fans for 2020 season

Whether fans will be able to see live-action baseball from a stadium seat this season remains to be seen. MLB has not ruled it out or enacted a league-wide plan in its 2020 season agreement with the players.

The San Francisco Giants, though, have ruled that no fans will be allowed at Oracle Park this year. And in their place, season ticket holders will be allowed to submit photos to be used as cardboard cutouts in the seats.

Link

I was only half listening but for $99 you could submit a photo and get a cutout. I don't know if you had a choice of seat selection. I don't know what team you are supposed to be rooting for.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2595 on: June 29, 2020, 11:58:29 pm »

Which really sucks for Mrs. Butterworth because she's not black.  It's like that guy who plays a cartoon character on Fox.  Outta work for NOT being black.  :shrug:  He did it to himself.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2596 on: June 30, 2020, 12:00:36 am »
This story is a few days old. I heard about it on the radio driving home from work.

San Francisco Giants commit to cardboard cutouts instead of fans for 2020 season

Whether fans will be able to see live-action baseball from a stadium seat this season remains to be seen. MLB has not ruled it out or enacted a league-wide plan in its 2020 season agreement with the players.

The San Francisco Giants, though, have ruled that no fans will be allowed at Oracle Park this year. And in their place, season ticket holders will be allowed to submit photos to be used as cardboard cutouts in the seats.

Link

I was only half listening but for $99 you could submit a photo and get a cutout. I don't know if you had a choice of seat selection. I don't know what team you are supposed to be rooting for.

What would "rooting" look like in this context, anyway?
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2597 on: June 30, 2020, 12:19:50 am »
What would "rooting" look like in this context, anyway?

Compost. For the price, you should be laminated. All weather all season fan. Just think. With the right wind conditions you could see what a real wave should look like. Or an orgy.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2598 on: June 30, 2020, 02:21:54 am »

Is it wrong for me to think it would be hilarious for someone to walk up to them and crank up a chain saw and tell them sorry but the planes gotta go so............................

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2599 on: June 30, 2020, 02:26:05 am »
Is it wrong for me to think it would be hilarious for someone to walk up to them and crank up a chain saw and tell them sorry but the planes gotta go so............................

No more wrong I think than seeing how long they can keep up...  :whistle:

:laugh: