Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528517 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2125 on: August 24, 2019, 09:51:23 pm »
Well it looks like they finally got what they wanted, to be just like married heterosexuals, bitter divorces, custody battles and spying on each other. May they thoroughly enjoy the fruits of marriage they demanded. :silly: :silly: :silly:
Yeah. If they'd just shacked up, splitting the sheets could have been a lot simpler.

A cousin of mine observed in the '70s that this particular preference group seems to be rife with people who are jealous and insecure (a vicious circle). That not only devastates their relationships, but often costs lives through conflict or suicide.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2126 on: August 26, 2019, 09:09:33 pm »
Oklahoma mother who forced kids to eat dog feces avoids prison

JAY, Okla. – A Delaware County woman who starved her children and made them eat dog feces will avoid jail time after pleading no contest to charges connected to the crime.

According to court documents obtained by News 4, Mary Elizabeth Moore’s 5-year-old and 3-year-old children were hospitalized in the intensive care unit and were “so malnourished that hospital staff had to place them on a special diet and applied nasal feeding tubes to both children.”

Investigators say the 5-year-old weighed just 26 pounds, while the 3-year-old weighed 18 pounds.

https://kfor.com/2019/08/26/oklahoma-mother-who-forced-kids-to-eat-dog-feces-avoids-prison/

It sounds like a joke headline but the kids really suffered and child services apparently did take the children away from her. 

I'd think someone like that should be committed, pictures of the mother look like she is off her rocker.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2127 on: August 27, 2019, 01:39:48 am »
Incredible.  I know the sheriff of this county.  He must have been sickened by this case.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2128 on: August 27, 2019, 02:05:01 am »
I hope they took away her guns so she won't be able to hurt anyone.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2129 on: August 27, 2019, 04:02:58 am »
It sounds like a joke headline but the kids really suffered and child services apparently did take the children away from her. 

I'd think someone like that should be committed, pictures of the mother look like she is off her rocker.
I saw her picture and the only thing I could think was 'How drunk or stoned did someone have to be.....................'

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2130 on: August 28, 2019, 06:46:44 pm »
Even puns are offensive now

A comedian has been asked to apologise for a vegetable-based joke.

Swedish comedian Olaf Falafel has been asked to apologise for a joke he made at the Edinburgh Fringe.

The joke was as follows: ‘I keep randomly shouting out “broccoli” and “cauliflower” – I think I might have florets.’ TV channel Dave awarded it the ‘Joke of the Fringe’ prize.

But not everyone was amused. Suzanne Dobson, chief executive of Tourette’s charity Tourette’s Action, thought the joke was ‘rubbish’. Fair enough.

But she went further. She also demanded an apology from the comedian: ‘Humour is a great way of educating people – but not only is it not funny to poke fun at people with Tourette’s, it’s not even that funny a joke, is it?’ She also said the joke brought ‘shame on Dave’. (Arguably a funnier statement than the joke itself.)

Of course, there is nothing offensive about this joke and people with Tourette’s are clearly not the target of it. It was a pun, not some covert incitement to hatred.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/08/22/even-puns-are-offensive-now/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2131 on: August 28, 2019, 06:49:21 pm »
Puns don't kill people...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2132 on: August 28, 2019, 06:50:33 pm »

Swedish comedian Olaf Falafel has been asked to apologise for a joke he made at the Edinburgh Fringe.

The joke was as follows: ‘I keep randomly shouting out “broccoli” and “cauliflower” – I think I might have florets.’ TV channel Dave awarded it the ‘Joke of the Fringe’ prize.

But not everyone was amused. Suzanne Dobson, chief executive of Tourette’s charity Tourette’s Action, thought the joke was ‘rubbish’. Fair enough.

But she went further. She also demanded an apology from the comedian: ‘Humour is a great way of educating people – but not only is it not funny to poke fun at people with Tourette’s, it’s not even that funny a joke, is it?’ She also said the joke brought ‘shame on Dave’. (Arguably a funnier statement than the joke itself.)

Of course, there is nothing offensive about this joke and people with Tourette’s are clearly not the target of it. It was a pun, not some covert incitement to hatred.

10 years from now there will be nothing left but white guy jokes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2133 on: August 28, 2019, 06:59:08 pm »
10 years from now there will be nothing left but white guy jokes.

Even those are doomed.  No fun of any kind!

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2134 on: August 28, 2019, 10:22:23 pm »
Puns don't kill people...
Shhhhhhhh!

They'll be picketing for Pun Control next!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #2135 on: August 29, 2019, 12:27:41 pm »

I think Susan Dobson is a vegetable based joke.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2136 on: August 30, 2019, 03:51:52 pm »
Tennessee man sues Popeyes for running out of chicken sandwiches

The Times Free Press reports that Craig Barr of East Ridge, Tennessee is challenging the company. The newspaper said the lawsuit accuses Popeyes of false advertising, deceptive business practices and causing him to waste "countless time driving" to and from local chains to find the sandwich.

Barr also claimed he was scammed out of money from a person who posted an ad online claiming he could get sandwiches from a location where they had some of them hidden in the back. He paid $25 but claims he received nothing in return.
…
Barr claimed he suffered tire damage and that one of his rims was cracked during his search from the sandwich.
He is seeking $5,000 in damages.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/tennessee-man-sues-popeyes-for-running-out-of-chicken-sandwiches/ar-AAGwIip?ocid=spartandhp

Offline thackney

« Reply #2137 on: August 31, 2019, 01:37:02 pm »
Tennessee man sues Popeyes for running out of chicken sandwiches

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/tennessee-man-sues-popeyes-for-running-out-of-chicken-sandwiches/ar-AAGwIip?ocid=spartandhp

They should decide in his favor but only award a coupon for a chicken sandwich.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2138 on: August 31, 2019, 02:21:09 pm »

But that won't pay for all the "damages" he suffered.   :rolling:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2139 on: September 01, 2019, 07:04:08 am »
And his attorney should be made to scrub the bathrooms with a toothbrush! Sheesh!

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2140 on: September 02, 2019, 02:52:54 pm »
Man accidentally shoots himself twice in one night in Detroit

WXYZ 8/31/2019

https://www.wxyz.com/news/man-accidentally-shoots-himself-twice-in-one-night-in-detroit?fbclid=IwAR3-3HPpoBGf_RT_p4r5RcYratElmdTc_zOcW4iTFTmodzzzgf1W7zIQdoo

DETROIT (WXYZ) — A man is in stable condition after accidentally shooting himself twice in one night in Detroit.

Around 2:00 a.m. Saturday, scouts were dispatched to a local hospital on a "Shooting/Cutting RPT" call. Officers arrived and spoke to the 31-year-old victim, who said he shot himself at his home and then later at a bar on the 7000 block of W. Warren where he was dee-jaying.

Police say the victim sustained one gunshot wound to the thigh and was privately taken to a nearby hospital.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2141 on: September 02, 2019, 03:01:48 pm »
Well, I believe his story.   :silly:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2142 on: September 02, 2019, 03:06:30 pm »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2143 on: September 02, 2019, 03:19:48 pm »

Offline thackney

« Reply #2144 on: September 02, 2019, 07:49:22 pm »
Man accidentally shoots himself twice in one night in Detroit

WXYZ 8/31/2019

https://www.wxyz.com/news/man-accidentally-shoots-himself-twice-in-one-night-in-detroit?fbclid=IwAR3-3HPpoBGf_RT_p4r5RcYratElmdTc_zOcW4iTFTmodzzzgf1W7zIQdoo

Did the second shooting happen while he was describing the first?

Here, let me show you how it happened....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2145 on: September 02, 2019, 08:02:53 pm »
Did the second shooting happen while he was describing the first?

Here, let me show you how it happened....

Article says:

Police say the victim sustained one gunshot wound to the thigh and was privately taken to a nearby hospital.

What, did he miss the first time he shot himself?  :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2146 on: September 02, 2019, 08:08:37 pm »
Fairly common actually. Punks are constants shooting themselves in their junk, in their butts, in their thighs and feet. This is what happens when they get all their 'weapons training' from TV and movies. These are the guys who will try to shoot a rifle with one hand, and hold their pistols sideways.

Punks with guns typically do not understand what a 'safety' is for, and many of them don't even know what or where it is. And they always grab their weapon by the trigger, as if the trigger is some kind of handle for picking the weapon up. If your finger is on the trigger, you are supposed to be aiming at something and ready to fire. They don't understand this.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 08:09:59 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2147 on: September 03, 2019, 01:42:16 pm »

Woman Found Dead In Port-A-Potty On W&J College Campus
By Amy Wadas
September 3, 2019 at 9:33 am

WASHINGTON, Pa. (KDKA) — Authorities are investigating after a woman’s body was found in a port-a-potty this morning on the campus of Washington & Jefferson College in Washington County.

According to a college spokesperson, the body of a woman was found just before 7 a.m. inside the portable toilet   ...

College officials say one of the contractors tried to get in the port-a-potty, but it was locked and remained that way for quite a while.  ...  Rest of story at KDKA

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2148 on: September 03, 2019, 01:55:41 pm »
Ridiculous News from the land down under, where women glow and men plunder.
Vegan woman demands neighbour stop using meat on barbecue due to smell
A frustrated vegan woman from Perth has taken her neighbours to court over the meat and smoke smells wafting into her backyard.
by Shireen Khalil

Frustrated vegan Cilla Carden is so fed up with her two neighbours she has taken them to court over the meat and smoke smells coming from their barbecue.

The Perth woman said she couldn’t enjoy her backyard in the suburb of Girrawheen, claiming her neighbours deliberately allow their barbecue meat and fish smells to waft into her yard.

“They’ve put it there so I smell fish, all I can smell is fish … I can’t go out there,” Ms Carden told Nine News.  ...

She told Nine News she believed her neighbours were “absolutely deliberate” in allowing their smells to cross into her yard.

And it’s not just the smell of meat and fish that has made her furious — it’s the smell of cigarettes and the sound of children playing with basketballs.

“It’s been devastating, it’s been turmoil, it’s been unrest, I haven’t been able to sleep,” Ms Carden said.  ...
Rest of story

Twitter response:
Cameron Gray  @Cameron_Gray
Dear @WeberGrills
: Please send this awful woman's neighbors a few of the largest grills you make.

9:31 AM · Sep 3, 2019

Offline verga

« Reply #2149 on: September 03, 2019, 02:15:03 pm »
STFU/STFD (Shut up/ sit down)
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.