Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528624 times)

Offline thackney

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2075 on: July 31, 2019, 04:54:18 pm »
79-year-old woman sentenced to 10 days in jail for feeding stray cats
https://www.ajc.com/news/national/year-old-woman-sentenced-days-jail-for-feeding-stray-cats/BLPFXqa62gGyp4vPf7y09M/

...Nancy Segula of Garfield Heights said she started feeding them a few years ago when the cats would visit her on her back porch....

...But Segula's neighbors called the authorities who issued her a citation.She received three others. The final one told her to appear in front of a judge who sentenced her to 10 days in the Cuyahoga County Jail. She has to report on Aug. 11, WJW reported....

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2076 on: July 31, 2019, 08:29:35 pm »
I know you all have been wondering:
Woman who urinated on potatoes at West Mifflin Walmart seemed drunk, police say
Tom Davidson | Wednesday, July 31, 2019 3:29 p.m.
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Police said a woman caught on camera urinating on potatoes at a West Mifflin Walmart appeared to be drunk when she walked into the store, according to a criminal complaint filed against her.

About $200 worth of potatoes were tainted by the urine, police said in a criminal complaint.

The woman, Grace Brown of Whitehall, and her attorney met with police Tuesday, and she told authorities she was the woman caught in surveillance video from the store, police said.

Brown made no further statement to police. Her attorney, Casey David White, didn’t return messages seeking comment Wednesday.

At about 10 p.m. July 24, surveillance camera footage captured a woman entering the grocery side doors of the Walmart. She appeared unsteady on her feet and intoxicated, police wrote in the criminal complaint. She walked to the produce section, pulled her pants down and squatted on a produce rack where potatoes and other vegetables were displayed for sale, according to the complaint.

She stood up, pulled up her pants and walked out of the store, leaving a puddle of liquid that was found by an employee who reported it to security, police said. The woman then re-entered the store and sat on a bench for a few minutes before leaving with an unidentified male, police said.

While at the station, police played clips of the footage to Brown. Police said she identified herself as the woman in the video.

Brown is facing charges of open lewdness, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.

Walmart disposed of the tainted potatoes and sanitized the area.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2077 on: July 31, 2019, 08:46:15 pm »
This is part of a new internet fad. Teenagers are opening products and spitting in them while being filmed. In other cases they open a product and lick it, then reseal it. Then they post the video of them committing the act on youtube or facebook or whatever.

It makes no sense at all. Of course many of them have been arrested, since they post a video of their own guilt on the internet as this woman did.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2078 on: July 31, 2019, 09:48:29 pm »
I know you all have been wondering:

Ick.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2079 on: August 02, 2019, 07:56:06 pm »
Michigan Man Uses Blowtorch to Kill Weeds, Sets Trailer Park on Fire

A man using a blowtorch to clear weeds in a mobile home community accidentally started a fire that forced dozens of residents to temporarily evacuate.

The blaze began Wednesday around 5:15pm in Green Oak Township, Michigan, about 50 miles from Detroit. According to Fire Chief Kevin Gentry, the fire began in a shed, but when firefighters arrived just a minute later, it had already spread to one trailer, and then another. In all three units were damaged.

At least one resident lost their home and their pet, reports Fox 2 in Detroit.

https://www.newsweek.com/blowtorch-trailer-park-fire-michigan-1452292

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2080 on: August 02, 2019, 10:46:06 pm »
Michigan Man Uses Blowtorch to Kill Weeds, Sets Trailer Park on Fire
Well, better than the usual case of a guy lighting a match to look into his gas tank to see if there's any gas in there. I suppose.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2081 on: August 05, 2019, 08:43:45 pm »
The Beetl Is An Autonomous Robot That Finds And Picks Up Dog Poop
https://odditymall.com/beetl-autonomous-dog-poop-robot

Using cloud networking, computer vision and a mechanical design, the Beetl dog poop cleaning robot uses its front camera and live image analysis to hunt down dog poop in your yard. Once it finds it, the robot rolls directly over it, and drops down a mechanical claw that picks up it and places it into a sealed internal container to be disposed of once it's done.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2082 on: August 05, 2019, 09:13:33 pm »
The Beetl Is An Autonomous Robot That Finds And Picks Up Dog Poop
https://odditymall.com/beetl-autonomous-dog-poop-robot

Using cloud networking, computer vision and a mechanical design, the Beetl dog poop cleaning robot uses its front camera and live image analysis to hunt down dog poop in your yard. Once it finds it, the robot rolls directly over it, and drops down a mechanical claw that picks up it and places it into a sealed internal container to be disposed of once it's done.

Someone should get rich off of this.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2083 on: August 05, 2019, 10:30:38 pm »

Absolutely!! A Roomba for the yard!!  I would buy one in a heartbeat. :laugh:

Online corbe

« Reply #2084 on: August 08, 2019, 09:36:41 pm »
Louisiana woman says meth found hidden inside body part is not hers: police

Nicole Darrah By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

A Louisiana woman allegedly caught with meth hidden inside her vagina said she didn't know where the drugs came from, police said.

Ashley Beth Rolland, 23, was accused on July 31 of stealing $5,000 from the apartment of a man she'd been staying with for about a week, according to documents published by the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office.

<..snip..>

https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisiana-woman-meth-vagina-not-hers
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2085 on: August 08, 2019, 10:13:55 pm »
A Louisiana woman allegedly caught with meth hidden inside her vagina said she didn't know where the drugs came from, police said.
This is one of those "How Many Times Has This Happened to You?!?!!!" kind of things.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2086 on: August 08, 2019, 10:55:27 pm »

Ashley Beth Rolland, 23, was accused on July 31 of stealing $5,000 from the apartment of a man she'd been staying with for about a week, according to documents published by the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office.

<..snip..>

She looks "Not Guilty" to me...

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2087 on: August 09, 2019, 01:19:57 am »

<..snip..>

@corbe

Don't ya just HATE it when that happens? Pretty girl. I'm sure she had it by accident because she looks so innocent.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2088 on: August 09, 2019, 02:55:55 am »
I think she's in cohoots with this guy...

https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-county/clearwater-man-says-3-syringes-found-in-his-rectum-arent-his/

Each one carrying the other's stash so they can claim it's not theirs.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2089 on: August 19, 2019, 05:10:10 pm »
Fake Cop Arrested After Pulling over Real Detectives, Police Say

Valiery Portlock, 25, is charged with first-degree criminal impersonation of an officer, second-degree reckless endangerment, unlawful fleeing from a police officer, and other traffic violations, in Nassau County, New York, according to Newsday.

The defendant, a resident of the hamlet of Hicksville, was driving a Nissan Sentra at about 11 a.m., cops said. He attempted to pull over an unmarked van by using an air horn and emergency lights, officers said. Surprise, surprise, there was electronic squad detectives inside. That van stopped, and the real police approach him with their shields, cops said.

Portlock is accused of making a less-than-graceful escape. He swerved onto oncoming traffic, and entered the Long Island Expressway at 85 mph, officers said. Highway patrol officers arrested him, cops said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/fake-cop-arrested-after-pulling-over-real-detectives-police-say/ar-AAFYMWr?ocid=spartandhp

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2090 on: August 20, 2019, 12:40:13 pm »
Not that anyone around here would do this ...
Woman breaks into bar, drinks until employees show up in the morning: cops
By Kenneth Garger
August 20, 2019
New York Post

It’s five o’clock somewhere.

A Kentucky woman was arrested for allegedly breaking into a closed bar and drinking there until employees showed up to open the watering hole in the morning, according to a report.

Donna Martin is accused to busting into the Slainte Public House in Georgetown, Ky., early Monday, Lex 18 reported.

Employees arriving shortly before 8 a.m. found Martin posted up at the bar, the outlet said.  The workers called police, who charged Martin with burglary and public intoxication.

What, me worry?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2091 on: August 20, 2019, 02:06:44 pm »

I hope it has better reliability that those junk Roombas.  But you are right, this is going to be someone's goldmine.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2092 on: August 20, 2019, 06:40:04 pm »
Living in the Houston Humidity, this thread seems the right place for this:

Energy Star's thermostat recommendations surprise the internet
https://abcnews.go.com/US/energy-stars-thermostat-recommendations-surprise-internet/story?id=65072381

A federal program is taking some serious heat for recommending that homes be kept at 78 degrees during the day.

Energy Star, a program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy, said people should set their thermostat to 78 degrees when they are home and "need cooling" in an effort to save energy during the spring and summer.

And when you're sleeping or away, the suggested temperatures go up. When sleeping, it's recommended that the thermostat is kept at 82 degrees, and when away, people should set the thermostat to 85 degrees, Energy Star said....

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2093 on: August 20, 2019, 06:48:29 pm »

https://abcnews.go.com/US/energy-stars-thermostat-recommendations-surprise-internet/story?id=65072381

A federal program is taking some serious heat for recommending that homes be kept at 78 degrees during the day.

Energy Star, a program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy, said people should set their thermostat to 78 degrees when they are home and "need cooling" in an effort to save energy during the spring and summer.

And when you're sleeping or away, the suggested temperatures go up. When sleeping, it's recommended that the thermostat is kept at 82 degrees, and when away, people should set the thermostat to 85 degrees, Energy Star said....

What's wrong with that?  Mine's set to 78 most of the year, though I might go as low as 76 for a few hours if I'm going to be working outside.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2094 on: August 20, 2019, 06:59:51 pm »
Mine runs about 82 during the day, but my room goes down to 74 at night.  I can't sleep at 85.  What are they talking about? 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2095 on: August 20, 2019, 07:02:17 pm »

Turning the thermostat down is harder on the A/C unit that has to work harder to bring the temperature down.  I have not found it economical to do so at all, and I lived in Phoenix.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2096 on: August 20, 2019, 07:04:49 pm »
Well, I had some young puppy installing my new air conditioner suggest I set my thermostat to 73 to 75 degrees "to get the humidity out of the air."  I told him at my age I don't move around as much as I did when I was at his age, so at 73-75 degrees, I'd be freezing my tail off. 

My former HVAC guy, now retired, told me to keep the thermostat in summer at 78-80 and in winter from 70-73.  Following his advice has worked for me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2097 on: August 20, 2019, 07:05:48 pm »
Mine runs about 82 during the day, but my room goes down to 74 at night.  I can't sleep at 85.  What are they talking about?

They are saying what's comfortable for them should be comfortable enough for you.  Now comply, you serf.  I'd lay a good bet the bureaucrats responsible for the edict don't run their houses at 82F at night.
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2098 on: August 20, 2019, 09:30:23 pm »
They are saying what's comfortable for them should be comfortable enough for you.  Now comply, you serf.  I'd lay a good bet the bureaucrats responsible for the edict don't run their houses at 82F at night.

Coming soon to a socialst USA near you.....   The Thermostat Police.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2099 on: August 20, 2019, 10:19:54 pm »
Coming soon to a socialst USA near you.....   The Thermostat Police.

Why do you suppose they want everybody with an Alexa to buy a Nest thermostat?  "Near you" will be on the wall just outside your bedroom.
I will NOT comply.