Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528549 times)

Online corbe

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1900 on: April 25, 2019, 02:03:05 am »
Feds charge Rhode Island man who allegedly threatened to kill and eat a pro-choice college professor

BY MICHAEL BURKE - 04/24/19 08:35 PM EDT

Feds charge Rhode Island man who allegedly threatened to kill and eat a pro-choice college professor
Federal authorities have charged a Rhode Island man who is accused of threatening to rape, kill and eat a college professor with pro-choice views, according to MassLive.

Matthew Haviland, who was charged with cyberstalking and sending threatening messages, allegedly wrote in a March email to the unidentified professor that the professor and others with left-wing views deserved to be "slaughtered," according to the report.

“You will have your face ripped off and eaten by me, personally,” Haviland is accused of writing. “I will enjoy raping your body after you’re dead.”

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/440575-feds-charge-rhode-island-man-who-allegedly-threatened-to-kill
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1901 on: April 25, 2019, 02:35:37 am »
That's a little...non-traditional.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1902 on: April 28, 2019, 01:41:18 am »
Cops claim that mice ate half a ton of missing marijuana

Eight police officers in Argentina who were fired were so desperate that they put the blame on mice and claimed the rodents ate half a ton of marijuana that had gone missing.

The cannabis was noticed to be missing when police made an inspection of the warehouse in which it was stored in Pilar in Argentina. Javier Specia, the former police commissioner, had left 13,000 pounds of cannabis unsigned when stepping down from his post one year ago. The successor to him conducted a search with officers and found that half a ton of the substance was missing.

Food experts from Buenos Aires University said that there is no way that the mice would have mistaken the cannabis for food. They went on to say that even if the mice had found it and thought it was food they would have found a huge group of dead mice in the warehouse, after ingesting it.

https://www.disclose.tv/cops-claim-that-mice-ate-half-a-ton-of-missing-marijuana-332589
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1903 on: April 28, 2019, 08:16:35 am »
Cops claim that mice ate half a ton of missing marijuana

Eight police officers in Argentina who were fired were so desperate that they put the blame on mice and claimed the rodents ate half a ton of marijuana that had gone missing.

The cannabis was noticed to be missing when police made an inspection of the warehouse in which it was stored in Pilar in Argentina. Javier Specia, the former police commissioner, had left 13,000 pounds of cannabis unsigned when stepping down from his post one year ago. The successor to him conducted a search with officers and found that half a ton of the substance was missing.

Food experts from Buenos Aires University said that there is no way that the mice would have mistaken the cannabis for food. They went on to say that even if the mice had found it and thought it was food they would have found a huge group of dead mice in the warehouse, after ingesting it.

https://www.disclose.tv/cops-claim-that-mice-ate-half-a-ton-of-missing-marijuana-332589
Just imagine all the stoned cats walking around with a second hand buzz....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1904 on: May 02, 2019, 02:49:10 pm »
Thieves try to siphon gas from bus, instead tap into sewage tank

the discarded cap and lack of fuel stolen suggested they had failed to get away with what they were hoping to steal. “We can infer they beat a very hasty retreat, with a somewhat bitter taste in their mouth, ”

https://thewest.com.au/news/offbeat/thieves-get-the-bad-oil-from-bus-sewage-tank-ng-ya-135357
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline verga

« Reply #1905 on: May 02, 2019, 04:09:01 pm »
Cue the scene from "Christmas Vacation"
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1906 on: May 03, 2019, 07:41:57 am »
Thieves try to siphon gas from bus, instead tap into sewage tank

https://thewest.com.au/news/offbeat/thieves-get-the-bad-oil-from-bus-sewage-tank-ng-ya-135357
Some crimes are their own reward.... :silly:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1907 on: May 03, 2019, 12:36:16 pm »
Some crimes are their own reward.... :silly:

@Smokin Joe

I have read of this happening several times,and am stunned each time. You would think the smell when you take the cap off would be a good first clue.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1908 on: May 03, 2019, 02:08:40 pm »
Lawyer names son after himself. Son follows in dad's footsteps to become a lawyer. Father sues son for using his own name.

Lowcountry lawyer George Sink is suing his son who has created a firm with a similar name as his father’s firm.

The George Sink P.A. Injury Lawyers firm is suing George “Ted” Sink Jr. and his firm George Sink II for trademark infringement, unfair competition and deceptive trade practices.

https://www.wtoc.com/2019/05/03/lowcountry-lawyer-george-sink-sues-son-george-sink-jr-over-similar-firm-name/

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1909 on: May 03, 2019, 02:13:40 pm »
Lawyer names son after himself. Son follows in dad's footsteps to become a lawyer. Father sues son for using his own name.

Lowcountry lawyer George Sink is suing his son who has created a firm with a similar name as his father’s firm.

The George Sink P.A. Injury Lawyers firm is suing George “Ted” Sink Jr. and his firm George Sink II for trademark infringement, unfair competition and deceptive trade practices.

https://www.wtoc.com/2019/05/03/lowcountry-lawyer-george-sink-sues-son-george-sink-jr-over-similar-firm-name/

@jmyrlefuller

I can see the father's POV on this one. Evidentially they do not get along or the son would be a partner in the father's law firm,and NOBODY with an established business wants someone new using the same name because of the danger of their screw-ups being laid at the door step of the original.

Offline verga

« Reply #1910 on: May 04, 2019, 03:31:19 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I have read of this happening several times,and am stunned each time. You would think the smell when you take the cap off would be a good first clue.
When I was younger we had a trailer that had a toilet in it. My Job was to empty it once a week or so. There is no doubt when you take the cap off what you are dealing with.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1911 on: May 04, 2019, 04:02:09 pm »
When I was younger we had a trailer that had a toilet in it. My Job was to empty it once a week or so. There is no doubt when you take the cap off what you are dealing with.

Maybe not if you're high and not too bright to begin with.

Offline verga

« Reply #1912 on: May 04, 2019, 04:33:09 pm »
Touche'  :rolling:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1913 on: May 04, 2019, 08:45:36 pm »
Maybe they were looking for a jenkem fix.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1914 on: May 04, 2019, 08:48:31 pm »
Maybe they were looking for a jenkem fix.

I had to look that up.  Wish I hadn't.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1915 on: May 05, 2019, 06:06:39 am »
I had to look that up.  Wish I hadn't.
Sorry.

If I was that hard up for a 'buzz', I think I'd rather sit in the hot sun without food or water and maybe whack myself in the head with a plank from time to time until I 'saw' things before I'd resort to that.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1916 on: May 07, 2019, 05:49:27 pm »
A 'sorcerer' promised to help people find love. Instead, he orchestrated a 'witchcraft extortion scheme.'

The love ritual began with candles, alcohol, vegetables and photographs, all carefully arranged. Then clients were told to send photos and videos of themselves reciting graphic statements and performing sex acts to a Paraguayan business specializing in witchcraft to finish the magic spell aimed at finding a soul mate.

That's when a self-described sorcerer started another familiar rite: extortion.

Ariel Boiteux, an Argentine national who masterminded an international scheme that entangled an estimated 200 victims in at least 12 countries, threatened to post the photos and videos of the intimate acts unless his clients paid "large sums of money," according to authorities, sometimes demanding six-figure payoffs.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/A-sorcerer-promised-to-help-people-find-love-13825060.php

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1917 on: May 07, 2019, 05:50:11 pm »
^^ Side note:

I always did wonder what was up with those kinds of ads you see in tabloids and farmer's almanacs. Now I know.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1918 on: May 09, 2019, 12:02:49 am »
Georgia child finds $40G of meth in box of Legos: officials

Investigators with the Bulloch County Sheriff’s Office in Georgia said a child found something other than a messy pile of colorful plastic bits in a gift from his mom. He discovered 3.2 pounds of methamphetamine -- street value, $40,000 -- tucked into what appeared to be an ordinary box of Legos.

Investigator Jim Riggs with the Bulloch County Sheriff’s Office told Fox News that a Statesboro, Ga., mother and a couple of her friends drove for about two hours to Charleston, S.C., where they bought the Legos from a consignment shop.

He said when the women returned from the trip and the mother gave her child the toy, there were no Legos to be found inside the container.

What there was, however, was a "big bag of meth."

“The methamphetamine inside of the box was vacuum sealed, and that keeps it from moving around too much and also helps mask the smell,” said Riggs. He said this was the first time his office had made such a find, “especially in this quantity.”....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-child-finds-40g-of-meth-in-box-of-legos-officials
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #1919 on: May 09, 2019, 01:23:11 am »
Georgia child finds $40G of meth in box of Legos: officials

Investigators with the Bulloch County Sheriff’s Office in Georgia said a child found something other than a messy pile of colorful plastic bits in a gift from his mom. He discovered 3.2 pounds of methamphetamine -- street value, $40,000 -- tucked into what appeared to be an ordinary box of Legos.

Investigator Jim Riggs with the Bulloch County Sheriff’s Office told Fox News that a Statesboro, Ga., mother and a couple of her friends drove for about two hours to Charleston, S.C., where they bought the Legos from a consignment shop.

He said when the women returned from the trip and the mother gave her child the toy, there were no Legos to be found inside the container.

What there was, however, was a "big bag of meth."

“The methamphetamine inside of the box was vacuum sealed, and that keeps it from moving around too much and also helps mask the smell,” said Riggs. He said this was the first time his office had made such a find, “especially in this quantity.”....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-child-finds-40g-of-meth-in-box-of-legos-officials

Riggs told Fox News the child’s father called the sheriff’s office and told deputies he suspected the box contained illicit drugs.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1920 on: May 09, 2019, 12:20:57 pm »
Riggs told Fox News the child’s father called the sheriff’s office and told deputies he suspected the box contained illicit drugs.

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Don't ya just HATE it when your mom cleans your room and throws your Leggos away without asking you if you want to keep them?

Somebody had some splain-in to do after that boo-boo.

Online corbe

« Reply #1921 on: May 16, 2019, 02:31:45 pm »
Televangelist's show sells $45 Trump coin as 'point of contact' to God

By Aris Folley - 05/16/19 09:54 AM EDT

"The Jim Bakker Show" recently promoted a coin decorated with President Trump's face as a "point of contact" with God.

In a viral clip of the promotion, evangelical author Lance Wallnau described the $45 coin as a means for believers to establish a “point of contact” with God.

“When I asked the Lord ‘Why the coin?’ he said ‘Because when you take the coin, it’s a point of contact,'” Wallnau said in the clip, which was shared on Twitter by Right Wing Watch, which "monitors and exposes the activities of Radical Right political organizations."

“So your faith is being released with a million other believers to pray protection and peace and wisdom and counsel over the president of the United States and over his family," he added.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/443997-televangelist-sells-45-trump-coin-being-peddled-to-believers-as
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1922 on: May 22, 2019, 12:54:49 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1923 on: May 22, 2019, 01:07:18 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1924 on: May 22, 2019, 01:30:16 pm »
@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer
Don't ya just HATE it when your mom cleans your room and throws your Leggos away without asking you if you want to keep them?
No one should ever throw Leggos away under any circumstances. Those things last for eternity. Give them to your children when they come, a neighbor, a cousin, or just donate them anywhere. It is a crime to throw them away.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.