Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528518 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1850 on: March 13, 2019, 01:48:06 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

« Reply #1851 on: March 13, 2019, 11:48:41 am »
:pondering:
Reminds me of a meme I saw years ago. One side had Bo Derek with the corn rows in her hair and the other had Stevie Wonder with the corn rows in his hair. the Caption read: Before and after of the first sex and race change operation.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1852 on: March 18, 2019, 09:37:27 pm »
Runaway Cow Leads Police On A Chase To Nearby Chick-Fil-A

A runaway cow in Noblesville, Indiana led police on a crazy chase through the streets until authorities stopped the animal outside of a local Chick-Fil-A. The police department shared photos on Facebook of their “run with the bulls” and asked residents to share any photos or videos they may have taken of the "wild bovine."

https://whoradio.iheart.com/content/2019-03-18-runaway-cow-leads-police-on-a-chase-to-nearby-chick-fil-a/

The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1853 on: March 18, 2019, 10:22:20 pm »

C'mon. You know I had to...  :shrug:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1854 on: March 20, 2019, 01:39:08 am »

C'mon. You know I had to...  :shrug:
Bull-oney!  wink777

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1855 on: March 26, 2019, 11:22:24 am »
San Diego woman wins child support from ex-husband nearly 50 years after divorce

Anderson admits she rents her part of the house. And now that she's retired, money is tight. Then it dawned on her. "I realized in the middle of the night one night last year, 'Hey, there's no statute of limitations on child support.'"

https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/carlsbad-woman-wins-child-support-from-ex-husband-nearly-50-years-after-divorce
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1856 on: March 26, 2019, 12:15:21 pm »
I don't know if this qualifies as "ridiculous," but it certainly is different. An obit for someone who overdosed:
Simon Joseph McAteer, formerly of Wheeling and recently a resident in Pennsylvania, died Saturday night, March 24, in the Shadyside area of Pittsburgh. The cause was an overdose of drugs and alcohol.

Simon was born in Washington, DC, on April 12, 1986. His first decade of life was spent living and traveling in Africa and Italy with his parents, who were part of the U.S. Diplomatic Corps. It is possible that the sense of relative freedom and affluence he enjoyed in these years contributed to Simon’s somewhat casual regard for the law in later times.

Simon graduated from Wheeling Central Catholic in 2004, and briefly attended Community Colleges in the region. He is survived by his parents, John Egan McAteer and Angela Dagnolo McAteer, as well as his brother Marius Peter McAteer, all residents of Wheeling.

From his youth on, Simon struggled to find an acceptable way to employ and develop his high intelligence and great health. He made many poor decisions, for which he frequently paid a heavy price. He was one of very few individuals to be officially expelled from both the Boy Scouts of America and the U.S. Army. But Simon never complained about his punishments, choosing to conform and adapt where necessary. He was always ready for hard work, whether it meant delivering newspapers, cleaning toilets or vigorous yard work.

He was successful in finding employment in landscaping in Pittsburgh and at the time of his death, had completed a promising apprenticeship in painting/interior decorating in Wheeling. Of more importance, Simon used that time in Wheeling to restore and strengthen his family relationships. Uninvoked and unacknowledged, God’s grace was clearly at work in Simon’s last days. ...
link
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1857 on: March 26, 2019, 06:41:31 pm »
A few weeks old, but still entertaining:
Police Arrest Transgender Woman In Bronx Pepper Spray Attack, Links To More Hate Crimes Being Investigated
March 9, 2019 at 11:59 pm

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police on Saturday arrested a transgender woman they say attacked a white couple in the Bronx and may be behind a series of attacks in upper Manhattan as well.

Investigators say the transgender suspect, who is black, confronted a couple on E. 187th Street near Crotona Avenue in the Bronx. The attacker allegedly approached the couple and asked the woman if she was white before pepper spraying her.  ...

The man says he tried to approach the suspect but backed off when she pulled a knife. Moments later, they helped lead police to 37-year-old Thomas Herd, who was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital, where she is set to undergo a mental evaluation before facing charges.  ...
CBS New York
A girl named Thomas? Is that like a boy named Sue?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1858 on: March 26, 2019, 07:01:33 pm »
Well, I have enough inner city experience to know that if some strange person approaches you with a question, there are only a few options. Either ignore them and keep walking, which is what I do most of the time and it works, or put my hand on my knife, back away, and get ready for a fight. My knife is offensive, but just holding it in my fist when I punch can break a jaw.

If anybody talks to you on the street in the city, it is only because they either want something from you or they are crazy. I would have punched their lights out at the question, and then quickly left the scene. Duck in somewhere quick and change my appearance in any way I can. Then continue on home.

You can tell, you get that sense, when someone is approaching you to engage you in something. When I get that sense, I immediately go into fight mode. I'm ready before they get anywhere close to me. If I ignore them and they press the issue, then it is not my fault.

I don't speak to anybody that I do not know on the street. And I certainly do not allow anyone to speak to me. That's just how I roll.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1859 on: March 26, 2019, 07:03:34 pm »
A few weeks old, but still entertaining:CBS New York

Apparently "Thomas" was still on his Driver License?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1860 on: March 27, 2019, 12:29:53 pm »
A few weeks old, but still entertaining:CBS New York

I wonder if the 'mental evaluation' will include the problem of being a boy who thinks he's a girl?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1861 on: March 31, 2019, 01:03:52 pm »
There just ain't no justice, mate.
Man loses lawsuit claiming boss bullied him by farting
By Associated Press
March 29, 2019

MELBOURNE, Australia — An Australian appeals court on Friday dismissed a bullying case brought by an engineer who accused his former supervisor of repeatedly breaking wind toward him.

The Victoria state Court of Appeal upheld a Supreme Court judge’s ruling that even if engineer David Hingst’s allegations were true, flatulence did not necessarily constitute bullying.  ...

The 56-year-old is seeking 1.8 million Australian dollars ($1.3 million) damages from his former Melbourne employer, Construction Engineering.

Hingst testified that he had moved out of a communal office space to avoid supervisor Greg Short’s flatulence.  ...
Full story

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1862 on: March 31, 2019, 01:51:05 pm »
Well, I have enough inner city experience to know that if some strange person approaches you with a question, there are only a few options. Either ignore them and keep walking, which is what I do most of the time and it works, or put my hand on my knife, back away, and get ready for a fight. My knife is offensive, but just holding it in my fist when I punch can break a jaw.

If anybody talks to you on the street in the city, it is only because they either want something from you or they are crazy. I would have punched their lights out at the question, and then quickly left the scene. Duck in somewhere quick and change my appearance in any way I can. Then continue on home.

You can tell, you get that sense, when someone is approaching you to engage you in something. When I get that sense, I immediately go into fight mode. I'm ready before they get anywhere close to me. If I ignore them and they press the issue, then it is not my fault.

I don't speak to anybody that I do not know on the street. And I certainly do not allow anyone to speak to me. That's just how I roll.

@240B

Having lived "in the wild of the city" myself on a few occasions,my only disagreement with you is MY belief is if the SOB gets close enough to touch you,the time for threats or warnings has passed. Punch their freaking lights out immediately before saying a word,and if they are still moving when they hit the ground,kick them in the head a few times before leaving to make sure they can't get up and pull their knife or gun and go after you.

To be honest,the best defense is to walk around looking aggressive and fearless. These people are losers looking for victims,not brave people looking to become victims. If they think there is even the tiniest chance of their prey fighting back,they will look for a harmless target instead. I was once surrounded by 4 or 5 Mexican gangbangers in Denver after slapping the snot out of one of them in a restaurant for being rude and verbally threatening to a new 18 year old waitress. I ate there every night,knew the girl was new,and when she started crying,it was more than I could deal with,so I just slapped the snot out of him and told him I was going to beat him to death if he didn't apologize and leave her a 10 dollar tip before leaving. He did,and I managed to calm her down to the point she didn't just walk off her first job.

My mistake was being a regular customer there,and having my Harley parked right outside by the window where I could keep an eye on it. Because it was a regular joint for me,I hung around,drank some coffee,and talked with the regulars before I left. The end result was he was back with several punk friends,waiting for me when I walked to my bike. HIS mistake was thinking 4 or 5 punks was a threat to me instead of an amusement. I just backed against the brick wall of the building,put my hand in my coat pocket,and told them " I have a gun in my coat pocket and will shoot anybody that comes after me. I will beat any survivors to death with the gun butt. Bleep with me and find out.",and then I smiled at them and told them to take their time making a decisions because I was in no real hurry.  At NO TIME did I take the gun (a Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Special with Valment exploding bullets) out of my pocket or describe it to them so they could call the cops on me and say I pulled it on them.

They shuffled their feet around for a few minutes,and decided they heard their mamas calling,and hauled ass. I guess they COULD have tried to ambush me there the next night,but I didn't think they had the stones,and honestly didn't care if they did. I happened to be more than a little aggressive at the time,and was bored.

It has been MY experience that street punks only attack people they see as defenseless victims. They NEVER go after anybody they think will fight back unless it's a drive-by at 40 mph where one or more of them practices "spray and pray" shooting. On the other hand,I hit what I shoot at,and have been shot at more than once.

I just had a thought. This was in Denver,and there were/are several hard-core Outlaw MC clubs in Denver. Given I was riding a chopped bike,had hair half-way down my back,and a beard several inches long,part of their caution could have been due to fear I was a member of a outlaw biker club. If there is anybody street punks are afraid of,it is outlaw bikers because they KNOW those people WILL come after them if they try to ratpack any of their brothers. I had several friends in different clubs,but was not and have never been a member of a biker club in my life. I was always a lone rider because I liked coming and going according to my own schedule.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 01:56:44 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1863 on: March 31, 2019, 01:58:27 pm »
Serious question to ponder.

"WHAT differs ridiculous news of the day" from regular news of the day these days?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1864 on: March 31, 2019, 06:16:18 pm »
Serious question to ponder.

"WHAT differs ridiculous news of the day" from regular news of the day these days?
There are plenty of times I go to post an article and have to ponder whether the proper category is "ridiculous" or "politics. "

Offline corbe

« Reply #1865 on: April 01, 2019, 11:56:28 pm »
Argentina soccer fan digs up grandfather's skull to celebrate championship in streets of Buenos Aires

Thanks to this die-hard Racing Club fan, we might have witnessed the weirdest championship celebration

by  Roger Gonzalez   

2 hrs ago • 1 min read

In Buenos Aires, Argentina, fans of soccer teams have many spots to celebrate important victories, especially winning trophies. But they often venture to the city center to El Obelisco, similar to the Washington Monument, just much smaller. There you will see flags, hear singing and see a celebration that is like nothing else.

And that's where Racing fan Gabriel was on Sunday night ... with a special guest. You see, Gabriel seems to do things a bit differently. After his team clinched the Superliga title on Sunday with a 1-1 draw with Tigre, he was seen holding something quite peculiar. Speaking to TNT Sports Latin America, Gabriel said he dug up his dead grandfather's skull to celebrate the title. Below you'll see him conducting an interview while holding the skull:

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/argentina-soccer-fan-digs-up-grandfathers-skull-to-celebrate-championship-in-streets-of-buenos-aires/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1866 on: April 02, 2019, 01:32:15 am »
Argentina soccer fan digs up grandfather's skull to celebrate championship in streets of Buenos Aires

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/argentina-soccer-fan-digs-up-grandfathers-skull-to-celebrate-championship-in-streets-of-buenos-aires/

What, should he be drinking wine from it?
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1867 on: April 03, 2019, 01:48:30 am »
I'm trying to figure this one out, but am pretty sure it's ridiculous. Two long-retired staples of St. Louis TV news saw each other (the female was a guest on the male's radio show) and he had the audacity to tell her she "looked great." Someone at the radio station thought that was a horribly sexist thing for a 80-year-old man to say to a female friend, age 75. The radio station made such a stink, he resigned, even though the woman didn't have the slightest problem with the greeting.
KWMU host says he quit because bosses asked him about remark to Karen Foss
    By Jeremy Kohler
St. Louis Post-Dispatch Apr 1, 2019

ST. LOUIS • Don Marsh, who quit his job on Wednesday as a longtime host at St. Louis Public Radio, said Sunday he did so after managers asked him about a remark he had made to a guest a day earlier that a colleague had felt was sexist.

The station’s general manager, Tim Eby, said on Sunday that the remark was not the purpose of the meeting between managers and Marsh. He would not specify the meeting’s purpose. Although the colleague’s complaint came up in the meeting, Eby said it was “not something that management was concerned about.”

Marsh’s guest on Tuesday’s edition of “St. Louis on the Air” was Karen Foss, who retired in 2006 as anchor for KSDK-TV (Channel 5). Marsh said in an interview with the Post-Dispatch on Sunday that when he greeted Foss before the 21-minute interview, “I told her she looked great.”

Foss, 75, wrote on Facebook on Saturday that she accepted the greeting from Marsh, 80, as a “common way for those of us who are aged to greet each other.”

“As a woman who has long argued for the equitable treatment of women, I am highly alert to sexism and discrimination and I sensed absolutely none of that in his greeting.”  ...

He said that the comments after Foss’ post showed that many people feel a culture of over-sensitivity was “out of control.”

He said, “This is very much a generational thing. Look at what’s going on with Joe Biden right now.”
Full story at Post-Dispatch.

Uh, Don, Joe Biden didn't just tell women they looked nice. He pawed them, stuck his nose into their hair like he was a pig searching for truffles.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1868 on: April 04, 2019, 03:44:21 pm »
Male tourists in Poland may face arrest for wearing mankinis
By Associated Press via New York Post
April 4, 2019 | 11:02am
POLAND — Police in southern Poland say they are investigating four English-speaking tourists spotted last week in the historic city of Krakow wearing only mankinis.

The four men were caught on CCTV and by an Associated Press photographer Friday as they walked in the picturesque Renaissance Market Square and got into a horse cab. They were wearing lime green mankinis, as worn by Borat, the fictional Kazakh alter ego of comic actor Sacha Baron Cohen.

Krakow province police spokesman Sebastian Glen said Thursday police are investigating the “indecent antics.” If convicted, the men could face up to 30 days in custody or fines of $1,300 each. ...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1869 on: April 04, 2019, 03:47:06 pm »
Couple dies trying to protect classic car in a giant plastic bag
By Yaron Steinbuch
April 2, 2019 | 11:22am | Updated
A classic car-collecting British couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning when they backed their Mercedes-Benz into a giant plastic bag, an inquest found.

William Reid, 67, of High Seaton, Workington, bought the 1980s Mercedes 230 in the US and once it arrived across the pond, decided to store the luxury ride in the bag to protect it from the elements during the winter in late 2017, according to the Telegraph.

The retired truck driver reversed the car into the bag in his garage with the help of his partner, Kathryn Workman, 70, but the vehicle began filling with exhaust fumes.

Workman managed to crawl out of the bag and called emergency services, who initially told her to stay clear of the area before an operator advised her to try to help the stricken man.

She tried to wake Reid before being overcome by the fumes herself, according to the inquest. ...
Full story

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1870 on: April 04, 2019, 03:48:04 pm »
Male tourists in Poland may face arrest for wearing mankinis
By Associated Press via New York Post
April 4, 2019 | 11:02am
POLAND — Police in southern Poland say they are investigating four English-speaking tourists spotted last week in the historic city of Krakow wearing only mankinis.

The four men were caught on CCTV and by an Associated Press photographer Friday as they walked in the picturesque Renaissance Market Square and got into a horse cab. They were wearing lime green mankinis, as worn by Borat, the fictional Kazakh alter ego of comic actor Sacha Baron Cohen.

Krakow province police spokesman Sebastian Glen said Thursday police are investigating the “indecent antics.” If convicted, the men could face up to 30 days in custody or fines of $1,300 each. ...

Not much sunshine where they come from.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1871 on: April 06, 2019, 08:54:46 pm »
The return of Florida Man!
Florida man arrested for burglary minutes after leaving jail

The St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office says 37-year-old Casey Lewis bonded out of jail Thursday, only to be caught by deputies burglarizing several cars outside the jail.

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-man-arrested-burglary-minutes-leaving-jail-190113650.html

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1872 on: April 06, 2019, 09:00:54 pm »
Couple dies trying to protect classic car in a giant plastic bag

Give that man a Darwin Award. (His wife, alas, was postmenopausal and thus does not qualify.)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #1873 on: April 07, 2019, 01:03:10 am »
The return of Florida Man!
Florida man arrested for burglary minutes after leaving jail

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-man-arrested-burglary-minutes-leaving-jail-190113650.html

Lewis was booked inside the jail on burglary charges and then released a second time that day on bond.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1874 on: April 07, 2019, 02:19:37 am »

Give that man a Darwin Award. (His wife, alas, was postmenopausal and thus does not qualify.)

He's disqualified too if he had any offspring.
I will NOT comply.