Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528565 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1825 on: February 28, 2019, 10:54:04 pm »

It depends on which bones they are, but the ordinary human has 208 bones.

Unless you get hit by a train. Then there's more.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1826 on: March 01, 2019, 12:14:06 pm »
Bizarre final words, fight in death chamber at inmate’s execution
By Associated Press
March 1, 2019 | 1:19am
HUNTSVILLE, Texas — A Texas inmate was executed Thursday evening for the killings nearly 30 years ago of his estranged wife’s parents and her brother, who was a police officer. ...

Asked to make a final statement, Coble replied: “That’ll be $5.”

He told the five witnesses he selected to be in attendance that he loved them, then again said: “That’ll be $5.” Coble nodded to the witnesses and added, “take care.”

He gasped several times and began snoring.

As Coble was finishing his statement, his son, a friend and a daughter-in-law became emotional and violent. They were yelling obscenities, throwing fists and kicking at others in the death chamber witness area.

Officers stepped in and the witnesses continued to resist. They were eventually moved to a courtyard and the two men were handcuffed.

“Why are you doing this?” the woman asked. “They just killed his daddy.” ...
Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1827 on: March 01, 2019, 12:40:38 pm »
Good riddance to bad trash,and looooong overdue.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1828 on: March 01, 2019, 01:49:00 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1829 on: March 01, 2019, 05:34:53 pm »
Top-ranked bridge player suspended for doping
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/top-ranked-bridge-player-suspended-for-doping-on-synthetic-testosterone-female-fertility-drug

The World Bridge Federation is recognized by the International Olympic Committee and, as such, abides by World Anti-Doping Agency rules.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 05:35:39 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1830 on: March 01, 2019, 05:38:05 pm »
Top-ranked bridge player suspended for doping
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/top-ranked-bridge-player-suspended-for-doping-on-synthetic-testosterone-female-fertility-drug

The World Bridge Federation is recognized by the International Olympic Committee and, as such, abides by World Anti-Doping Agency rules.

Kari-Anne Opsal, president of the Norwegian Bridge Federation, said in a statement on their website that the drugs were “not performance enhancing.”

Huh?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1831 on: March 01, 2019, 05:42:27 pm »
Huh?

Roid raged Bridge player gives new meaning to the term "Slam"

(the other bridge players will get it)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1832 on: March 01, 2019, 07:15:28 pm »
Huh?

@Sanguine

Fertility drugs enhance a DIFFERENT kind of performance. I dunno. Maybe somebody somewhere calls it "bridge",but it makes no sense to me.

Online corbe

« Reply #1833 on: March 01, 2019, 08:47:35 pm »
Town seizes debt-ridden family's pug, Edda, and sells her on eBay

by Vaishnavee Sharma

March 01, 2019 03:40 PM

Officials in a German town sold a pet dog named Edda on eBay after the family that owned it could not pay back their debts.

City workers from the town of Ahlen seized the local family’s belongings that included a laptop, a coffee machine, a wheelchair, and the one-year-old purebred pug, according to the Washington Post.

They listed the beloved family pet for sale online for roughly $850, drawing intense criticism on social media for their actions. Town officials defended their actions, claiming they were unable to find anything else of value to sell after Edda’s family had failed to pay off their debts to the town, including a dog tax.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/town-seizes-debt-ridden-familys-pug-edda-and-sells-her-on-ebay
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1834 on: March 01, 2019, 09:12:38 pm »
The 'ridiculous' part of this story is that the State seized somebody's wheelchair to sell for debt and all the press cares about is a dog.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1835 on: March 01, 2019, 09:40:08 pm »
The 'ridiculous' part of this story is that the State seized somebody's wheelchair to sell for debt and all the press cares about is a dog.
What he said.  888high58888

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1836 on: March 06, 2019, 02:57:14 pm »
Vegans accused of killing piglets by accident after storming farm to cuddle them

A farmer has accused vegans of crushing two piglets to death after causing a stampede during their efforts to cuddle the newborn pigs.

200 vegans from the group "Meat the Victims" stormed a farm in Lincolnshire in order to protest against pork.

However, in their efforts to raise awareness about the "cruelty" of pig farming, they were accused of causing distress to the animals and inadvertently causing the death of two....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/06/vegans-accused-killing-piglets-accident-storming-farm-cuddle/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1837 on: March 06, 2019, 03:21:19 pm »
Poor little piggies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1838 on: March 06, 2019, 03:56:02 pm »
Why don't they just stay home and hug their turnips or something?

Imagine being a little piglet and facing the horror of a stampede of Vegans... **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1839 on: March 06, 2019, 03:58:37 pm »
I guess they just love piggies to death....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1840 on: March 07, 2019, 06:55:24 am »

@240B

I think they are focusing on the dog to draw attention to how outrageous this whole business is to start with.

Seizing and selling someone's wheelchair is not only stupid,it's counterproductive since now the state  is going to have to cough up the money to buy the owner a new one.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1841 on: March 07, 2019, 05:53:32 pm »
http://wtae.com/article/police-man-assaulted-over-christmas-music-on-route-28-in-east-deer-township/26745135?src=app

Police: Man assaulted over Christmas songs on Route 28 in East Deer Township

EAST DEER TOWNSHIP, Pa. —
A man is facing several charges after assaulting another man over Christmas music during a drive on Route 28 on Monday, police said.

State police say Clayton Lucas, 25, assaulted the man because the victim was singing Christmas songs while transporting Lucas from a halfway house to a treatment class.

Investigators said Lucas became enraged that the victim was playing the music and began to strike and choke the victim, causing him to almost lose consciousness.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1842 on: March 07, 2019, 06:16:16 pm »
http://wtae.com/article/police-man-assaulted-over-christmas-music-on-route-28-in-east-deer-township/26745135?src=app

One can only take so many verses of Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1843 on: March 07, 2019, 06:45:46 pm »

In the same vein.....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

« Reply #1844 on: March 07, 2019, 08:20:24 pm »

Maybe I could understand if it was July... but March, come on.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1845 on: March 07, 2019, 08:27:38 pm »

Says the guy was on his way to a treatment class.  The twelve steps to Christmas might not have been the song he wanted to hear.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #1846 on: March 09, 2019, 04:47:11 pm »
Unless things have really changed, upscale prep school kids wear ties and suit coats as a matter of course. Less would be underdressed for school.
Most likely the reporter was unaware of the dress codes at private schools.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1847 on: March 12, 2019, 10:50:30 pm »
Black trans woman charged with hate crimes after NYC pepper spray attacks
In at least two of the alleged assaults, the suspect is accused of targeting the victims because they are white.
March 12, 2019, 5:02 PM EDT
By Brooke Sopelsa
Full story at NBC News

A black transgender woman has been charged with multiple hate crime felonies and misdemeanors following a series of pepper spray attacks in New York City.

Tasha Heard was arrested Saturday evening in connection with at least two separate attacks, though police were reportedly questioning her about several other similar incidents.

Tasha Heard was charged with multiple hate-crime felonies and misdemeanors after attacking people with pepper spray in New York.New York Police Department

In one alleged incident, Heard is accused of approaching a white couple in their 50s on Friday afternoon while they shopped in the Bronx. She reportedly told the couple she hated white people before assaulting them.

"They were approached by the defendant who kicked both victims and sprayed a substance in their face," an NYPD spokesperson stated in an email. ...

Court documents did not list an attorney for Heard, who is referred to in official documents and police reports by her legal first name, Thomas.  ...
:pondering:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1848 on: March 13, 2019, 12:55:30 am »
:pondering:

"Trans woman" is another way of saying "man in women's clothing".  I cannot, in good conscience, call him a woman, trans or otherwise.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1849 on: March 13, 2019, 12:57:28 am »
"Trans woman" is another way of saying "man in women's clothing".  I cannot, in good conscience, call him a woman, trans or otherwise.

I cannot and will not.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien