Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528644 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1775 on: February 09, 2019, 12:47:26 am »
Robbers in clown masks had machetes, so grandma beat them with a scooter, Texas cops say
By Matthew Martinez    February 07, 2019

The robbers in clown masks had the element of surprise, but the Texas couple they threatened fought back, police say.

Two men wearing clown masks and wielding machetes pulled up alongside a couple sitting in their truck in their driveway in Texas City just before 2:30 a.m. on Feb. 1, according to a police report obtained by KPRC.

Texas City is a town of nearly 50,000 residents that sits along Galveston Bay near the Gulf Coast.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article225912220.html#storylink=cpy

The scooter I gather is one of those little scooters you see kids playing on, toy scooter.  If one reads the story, it's pretty ridiculous.   What a couple of goof balls and good for the couple that defended themselves.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1776 on: February 12, 2019, 06:24:14 pm »

Man Batters Girlfriend With A Burrito

The Smoking Gun
FEBRUARY 12, 2019

FEBRUARY 12--For the second time in as many weeks, a Florida Man has been arrested for battering a  woman with a burrito, according to court records.

Police charge that Peter Elacqua, 41, got into an argument with his girlfriend Friday in their Port Richey residence.

After Elacqua allegedly shoved the woman into a chair in their bedroom, he “threw his burrito at the Victim,” striking her in the face with the food item.

When a sheriff’s deputy arrived at the home in response to a 911 call, the woman had “the contents of the burrito dispersed across her face, neck, and left chest/shoulder area.”

(more)
http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/florida/another-burrito-battery-803261

Lamest 'domestic abuse' case I've heard of. So I guess all the movies with people getting a pie in the face was really assault and battery? What about all the times a woman throws a drink in a man's face? He lost his temper and let off steam by throwing a burrito.  Imagine all the things he could have done which would have been much worse.

What a weird country America is becoming.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1777 on: February 12, 2019, 06:50:06 pm »
Unless the burrito was about 200 degrees and loaded with hot peppers, I'm sure she's okay.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1778 on: February 12, 2019, 06:57:14 pm »
 888mouth
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #1779 on: February 12, 2019, 07:39:36 pm »
Is that what they are calling it these post Bezos days. A burreto.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1780 on: February 12, 2019, 08:28:55 pm »
Is that what they are calling it these post Bezos days. A burreto.

I hope, in the name of all things Holy, we're never treated to "Burrito Pics."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1781 on: February 12, 2019, 08:36:30 pm »
I hope, in the name of all things Holy, we're never treated to "Burrito Pics."
Uh oh, what did Carlos Danger call little Carlito?

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #1782 on: February 13, 2019, 12:03:19 am »
Man Batters Girlfriend With A Burrito

The Smoking Gun
FEBRUARY 12, 2019

FEBRUARY 12--For the second time in as many weeks, a Florida Man has been arrested for battering a  woman with a burrito, according to court records.

If it was any other state, I think everyone would just assume that it was the same guy getting busted twice.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline verga

« Reply #1783 on: February 13, 2019, 02:56:23 am »
Some of my students were talking today in class and they said just for fun google "Florida man", They did and about 20 stories came up with that as the first words of the opening sentence, followed by either "detained" or "arrested for" each one was more ridiculous than the one before. There was one story about one Fl resident that engaged in "beasteality" with his neighbors pony.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1784 on: February 14, 2019, 12:29:04 pm »
A dead man heads to a runoff election.  :thud:
Voters keep late Edmond mayor on ballot for general election, select new Norman mayor
By Josh Wallace
Published: Wed, February 13, 2019 1:04 AM

A deceased man is headed to the general election for Edmond mayor after voters on Tuesday gave late Mayor Charles Lamb enough votes for a top-two finish with former Mayor Dan O’Neil.

O’Neil garnered 3,492 votes, or 55.91 percent of the vote with all precincts reporting, while Lamb took 2,038 votes, or 32.63 percent.  ...

O'Neil and Lamb will be on the ballot in the April 2 general election.  ...

O’Neil said he will reach out to the community in the coming weeks to explain how he would govern if elected, saying there would not be much difference between him and Lamb.   Full story
Except for the breathing thingey, of course.

Offline thackney

« Reply #1785 on: February 14, 2019, 12:50:26 pm »
...O’Neil garnered 3,492 votes, or 55.91 percent of the vote with all precincts reporting...

I thought a majority vote eliminated the need for a run-off.  Dead man should already be the mayor.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #1786 on: February 14, 2019, 03:17:24 pm »
They gave blacks the right to vote, next thing you know blacks are getting elected.

They gave women the right to vote, next thing you know women are getting elected.

Who didn't see this one coming?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1787 on: February 14, 2019, 03:43:01 pm »
I thought a majority vote eliminated the need for a run-off.  Dead man should already be the mayor.

It's not a run-off, it's a General Election.  The rules say the top two go to the General.  One is dead, and if he wins the General, the City Counsel will replace him.  If he were disqualified by virtue of being dead, there would still be a General Election in April, but with the dead guy replaced with the third-place finisher.

The dead guy, by the way, did not get the 55%.  He came in second with 33%. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1788 on: February 14, 2019, 03:51:01 pm »
The dead guy, by the way, did not get the 55%.  He came in second with 33%. :shrug:
He served as mayor before his death (presumably before his death, anyway  :laugh:), and the voters didn't want him back in office.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1789 on: February 14, 2019, 04:00:01 pm »
He served as mayor before his death (presumably before his death, anyway  :laugh:), and the voters didn't want him back in office.

That's what it looks like to me, too.  I'd give him about zero probability of winning the General, dead or alive.
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1790 on: February 14, 2019, 04:06:03 pm »
That's what it looks like to me, too.  I'd give him about zero probability of winning the General, dead or alive.
Don't rule out the sympathy vote.  :laugh:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1791 on: February 14, 2019, 07:17:31 pm »
They gave blacks the right to vote, next thing you know blacks are getting elected.

They gave women the right to vote, next thing you know women are getting elected.

Who didn't see this one coming?
Beautiful!  :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1792 on: February 16, 2019, 08:20:56 pm »
"Honey, if you want to get me some flowers this Valentine's Day, could you get me some tulips?"
"What's that, sweetheart? Turnips??? Well, OK, if that's what you want!"

https://www.wivb.com/news/kentucky-man-mistakenly-gets-wife-turnips-instead-of-tulips-for-valentine-s-day/1787996641
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1793 on: February 16, 2019, 11:59:19 pm »
I prefer parsnips, but that's just me.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #1794 on: February 17, 2019, 02:22:44 pm »
"Honey, if you want to get me some flowers this Valentine's Day, could you get me some tulips?"
"What's that, sweetheart? Turnips??? Well, OK, if that's what you want!"

https://www.wivb.com/news/kentucky-man-mistakenly-gets-wife-turnips-instead-of-tulips-for-valentine-s-day/1787996641
w
At least she didn't turn up her nose at the gift once they got to the root of the problem.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #1795 on: February 23, 2019, 11:12:48 pm »
Man punches his lawyer in the face after being sentenced to 45 years in prison

Cory Shaffer
cleveland.com
February 20, 2019

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A Warrensville Heights man shocked a courtroom full of spectators Tuesday when he sucker-punched his own defense attorney after a judge sentenced him to 45 years in prison, witnesses told cleveland.com.

Cuyahoga County sheriff’s deputies took down David Chislton after the 42-year-old struck lawyer Aaron Brockler in the face with both of his handcuffed fists, the witnesses said. Chislton spurred an hours-long police standoff in 2017 when he pistol-whipped his girlfriend and set his apartment complex on fire.

Brockler was visibly shaken up but seemed to be in good spirits as deputies and Cleveland EMTs wheeled him out of Common Pleas Court Judge Nancy Margaret Russo’s courtroom on a stretcher.

More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDEsHa0A5k

?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1796 on: February 24, 2019, 12:14:59 am »
What a guy!   Pistol whips his girlfriend, sets his apartment complex on fire, then sucker punches his own attorney. 

Think the guy has some anger management issues?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1797 on: February 24, 2019, 12:25:33 am »
What a guy!   Pistol whips his girlfriend, sets his apartment complex on fire, then sucker punches his own attorney. 

Think the guy has some anger management issues?
You just described the majority of guys in prison. He'll fit right in.
Likely he would have punched anyone. His attorney just happened to be the closest person to him.
Accepts no responsibility for his own behavior. It's all da man keepin' him down.
He prolly should have been there years ago.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1798 on: February 24, 2019, 01:00:23 am »
You just described the majority of guys in prison. He'll fit right in.
Likely he would have punched anyone. His attorney just happened to be the closest person to him.
Accepts no responsibility for his own behavior. It's all da man keepin' him down.
He prolly should have been there years ago.

I'm sure the pistol-whipped GF agrees with you.
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1799 on: February 27, 2019, 06:57:09 pm »
MARYVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee man was jailed on felony charges after appearing to dip his testicles into a container of salsa that a customer had ordered online.

The delivery driver allegedly recorded it and posted a video online, saying "This is what you get when you give an 89 cents tip for an almost 30-minute drive."

News outlets report that the passenger, 31-year-old Howard Matthew Webb, was arrested last week and charged with adulteration of food. ...  Rest of story

The spicy perp.