Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528582 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1750 on: January 31, 2019, 05:14:48 am »
Famed opera singer David Daniels, husband arrested for felony sex assault
By Gabrielle Fonrouge
January 30, 2019
The perps (Daniels at right)

@mountaineer

Am I the only one that thinks those look like before and after photos of the same guy taken 20 years apart?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1751 on: January 31, 2019, 05:31:34 am »
@mountaineer

Am I the only one that thinks those look like before and after photos of the same guy taken 20 years apart?

The facial expressions of attitude are certainly the same....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1752 on: January 31, 2019, 02:33:27 pm »
@mountaineer

LOL.  No, I thought that too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1753 on: January 31, 2019, 02:55:21 pm »
I think the ears and noses are different enough to say it's not the same person. Clearly, the opera singer likes 'em young, though.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #1754 on: January 31, 2019, 03:12:28 pm »
He looks like a gay harvey weinstein. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1755 on: February 02, 2019, 01:50:34 am »
Boy, 13, arrested after telling Siri he wanted to shoot up a school
By Natalie O'Neill
February 1, 2019 | 2:30pm | Updated

An Indiana middle schooler was busted for telling Siri he planned to open fire on a school — prompting the digital assistant to suggest possible ones nearby, police said in reports Friday.

The unnamed 13-year-old boy is accused of telling Siri, “I am going to shoot up a school,” the Valparaiso Police Department told the Northwest Indiana Times.

The voice-activated iPhone assistant then responded with recommendations for several schools in the Valparaiso area — an interaction the boy posted in a screenshot on social media, police told the paper. One of the kid’s friends saw the post and quickly called cops, according to police.  ... NY Post
 :thud:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1756 on: February 02, 2019, 02:05:34 am »
Boy, 13, arrested after telling Siri he wanted to shoot up a school
By Natalie O'Neill
February 1, 2019 | 2:30pm | Updated

An Indiana middle schooler was busted for telling Siri he planned to open fire on a school — prompting the digital assistant to suggest possible ones nearby, police said in reports Friday.

The unnamed 13-year-old boy is accused of telling Siri, “I am going to shoot up a school,” the Valparaiso Police Department told the Northwest Indiana Times.

The voice-activated iPhone assistant then responded with recommendations for several schools in the Valparaiso area — an interaction the boy posted in a screenshot on social media, police told the paper. One of the kid’s friends saw the post and quickly called cops, according to police.  ... NY Post
 :thud:

Digital Assistants can be helpful...sometimes.  I asked Alexa to recommend a Bordello, but she snubbed me, even though Nevada is right across the river.  I guess she never heard of Pahrump?

The system needs work.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1757 on: February 03, 2019, 08:08:01 am »

Man Wants to Sue Parents for Giving Birth to Him Without His Consent

OddityCentral
By Spooky
February 1st, 2019

A 27-year-old man from New Delhi, India, wants to take his parents to court for bringing him into this world without first asking for his consent.

Raphael Samuel is an anti-natalist, a person who believes that people should abstain from procreation because giving birth to sentient beings without asking for their consent is morally wrong. Samuel doesn’t have anything against children or life itself, he simply believes that a life form which has not given its consent to live should not be brought into the world and thus to be subject to the hardships of life. Because he considers himself a victim of life without “forced life”, the young Indian plans to take his parents to court.

(more)
https://www.odditycentral.com/news/man-wants-to-sue-parents-for-giving-birth-to-him-without-his-consent.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1758 on: February 03, 2019, 01:42:25 pm »
Man catches fire after being tased outside restaurant
By Jon Rogers, The Sun
February 2, 2019 | 9:35pm

This is the shocking moment a man caught fire after he was tased outside a restaurant in Philadelphia.

Witness Pat Tackney, who filmed the incident, said he saw the man being confronted outside of Jim’s Steaks in the south of the US city.

Pat claims the man refused to leave the restaurant and was forcibly removed.

The video shows two men, thought to be security guards from the restaurant, use a stun gun on the unnamed man before his leg catches fire. ...

Sun via NY Post; video at link

Offline thackney

« Reply #1759 on: February 04, 2019, 01:30:09 pm »
Man catches fire after being tased outside restaurant
By Jon Rogers, The Sun
February 2, 2019 | 9:35pm

This is the shocking moment a man caught fire after he was tased outside a restaurant in Philadelphia.

Witness Pat Tackney, who filmed the incident, said he saw the man being confronted outside of Jim’s Steaks in the south of the US city.

Pat claims the man refused to leave the restaurant and was forcibly removed.

The video shows two men, thought to be security guards from the restaurant, use a stun gun on the unnamed man before his leg catches fire. ...

Sun via NY Post; video at link

Spilled a shot on his leg before they drug him outside?  Flamed up quick and back out quick.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline verga

« Reply #1760 on: February 04, 2019, 03:12:24 pm »
Spilled a shot on his leg before they drug him outside?  Flamed up quick and back out quick.
Wow, if this had gone a little more sideways, he could have been listed in the Obit 2019
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1761 on: February 04, 2019, 08:54:33 pm »

@thackney

Is that really possible?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1762 on: February 04, 2019, 08:59:36 pm »

Something... Gasoline would have burned longer... Pretty yellow flame for alcohol...  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1763 on: February 05, 2019, 02:59:55 am »
Something... Gasoline would have burned longer... Pretty yellow flame for alcohol...  :shrug:
Must be rotgut. Strong rotgut, but rotgut. Should burn blue...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1764 on: February 05, 2019, 03:52:26 am »
@thackney

Is that really possible?

Bacardi Rum 151 will catch fire, as will Absinthe. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1765 on: February 05, 2019, 05:07:48 am »
Old grandad had a high proof (150, iirc) and some brandies will burn, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1766 on: February 05, 2019, 07:59:58 am »

@Cyber Liberty

I know. So will a lot of whiskey. My question is "Will a taser ignite alcohol on clothing? It seems unlikely to me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1767 on: February 05, 2019, 04:02:00 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I know. So will a lot of whiskey. My question is "Will a taser ignite alcohol on clothing? It seems unlikely to me.

I saw it on Mythbusters.  Yup.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1768 on: February 05, 2019, 04:27:44 pm »
I saw it on Mythbusters.  Yup.

@Cyber Liberty

Myth Busters is still on? What channel?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1769 on: February 05, 2019, 04:45:58 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Myth Busters is still on? What channel?

They rebooted with kids running experiments (with Jamie watching).  It's not nearly as good as it once was.  I guess Adam and Jamie did not like each other.  I saw the episode about the flaming Tasers several seasons back.
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

« Reply #1770 on: February 05, 2019, 07:11:08 pm »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1771 on: February 05, 2019, 07:35:20 pm »
I think that was pepper spray.

https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/fireball-stun-gun-minimyth

Yes, it was.  I think they used an oil-based spray.  Water-based does not burn.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1772 on: February 05, 2019, 11:21:10 pm »
They rebooted with kids running experiments (with Jamie watching).  It's not nearly as good as it once was.  I guess Adam and Jamie did not like each other.  I saw the episode about the flaming Tasers several seasons back.

@Cyber Liberty

Jamie was the fruit with the french hat and stylish stache,right? I don't think he liked anybody but himself.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1773 on: February 06, 2019, 12:00:56 am »
@Cyber Liberty

Jamie was the fruit with the french hat and stylish stache,right? I don't think he liked anybody but himself.

I'm talking about the other guy. Must be Adam.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1774 on: February 06, 2019, 04:00:18 pm »
Scientology Goes After Planters Icon Mr. Peanut For Critiquing Its Super Bowl Ad
 By Emily Zanotti
February 5, 2019
Poor Mr. Peanut. This year's Super Bowl left something to be desired and the commercials were no exception. But when the well-known legume decided to become a Twitter critic of the Church of Scientology's creepy 30-second spot on Sunday, he found himself in more trouble than he anticipated.

Planters had its own commercial featuring Alex Rodriguez and Charlie Sheen, but the company's spokes-peanut also appeared on Twitter, and when Scientology aired its ad, Mr. Peanut responded directly.
    Watching the @Scientology ad like... pic.twitter.com/iCnkfmTS8l
    — Mr. Peanut (@MrPeanut) February 4, 2019
Scientology doesn't take kindly to critics, and social media users were quick to point out in their responses to the tweet that Mr. Peanut better watch his back — and probably his front lawn, as Scientology is known to dispatch private investigators to hunt down dirt on detractors, whom they label as SPs or "suppressive persons" (or, in this case, "suppressive peanut"), in a process known to Scientologists as "Fair Game."  ...

It turns out, it wasn't far off the mark. Within minutes of Planters' tweet, prominent Scientologists, including some heavily involved in the Church's "Stand League," which operates as something of a "digital rapid response" operation, were tweeting that Planters was exhibiting "anti-religious bigotry."  ...
Daily Wire

There's anti-religious bigotry, and then there's anti-oppressive fascistic cult bigotry.