Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528498 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1350 on: May 12, 2018, 01:10:25 pm »
If one goes on to read the rest of the story, yes, the bear broke windows to enter the vehicle. Must have smelled the cupcakes.

"Allen says that she hopes that this doesn’t happen. She just wants the bear to leave her family alone."

Maybe she can ask it nicely,and swat it on the nose with a newspaper while saying "Bad Bear,Bad!" to teach it a lesson?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1351 on: May 12, 2018, 01:34:49 pm »
The bear ate two dozen vegan cupcakes? Was he later found saying, "Yecchh, what the heck was that?!?"

I wondered about the concept of "leftover cupcakes".  Now I understand. 

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1352 on: May 12, 2018, 01:58:02 pm »

@Sanguine

That's the dirty little secret of why vegans are so thin. Even THEY don't want to eat that swill.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1353 on: May 14, 2018, 03:28:54 am »
Get a load of this, this could easily go into National News, the main forum but I will be respectful enough to post it here, because it is RIDICULOUS!

Bounce house flies onto California highway with child inside
Nicole Darrah

A bounce house — with a 9-year-old child inside — suddenly got swept onto a nearby highway in Southern California and slammed into a vehicle amid strong winds Saturday afternoon.

Fortunately, the child survived with minor injuries.

Deputies responded to the incident on Highway 395 in Adelanto just after 3 p.m., the Victor Valley branch of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said in a news release.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bounce-house-flies-onto-california-highway-with-child-inside/ar-AAxdqry

I just saw a house in the neighborhood, I guess, they were having a birthday for a child and they had one of these air houses, "bounce houses", I never knew that term.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1354 on: May 14, 2018, 01:33:32 pm »
Get a load of this, this could easily go into National News, the main forum but I will be respectful enough to post it here, because it is RIDICULOUS!

I just saw a house in the neighborhood, I guess, they were having a birthday for a child and they had one of these air houses, "bounce houses", I never knew that term.
Those things are really popular at little carnivals and festivals out this way, but in North Dakota, they're tied down better than most overseas deck cargo even before they're inflated. .
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #1355 on: May 14, 2018, 07:15:57 pm »
American Airlines Announces New Support Animal Policy: Goats Not Allowed, Trained Mini Horses Are
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/05/14/no-goats-allowed-on-american-airlines/

Starting July 1, ferrets, goats and hedgehogs can no longer fly American Airlines, even if they’re support animals.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/special-assistance/service-animals.jsp
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1356 on: May 16, 2018, 12:19:05 pm »
Geese flip the script, chase off alligator on Florida golf course
Richard Tribou
Orlando Sentinel

A flock of geese were cocks of the walk chasing off an alligator on a Florida golf course.

Video of the encounter was captured by Ryan Witkowski of Jupiter while attending a charity golf event at PGA National golf course in Palm Beach Gardens earlier this month.

Witkowski posted the video to his Facebook page and you can see eight determined geese running off the smallish gator while onlooking golfers gawk from the safety of their golf carts.  ...  link to story, with video
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/videos/99208698-132.html

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1357 on: May 16, 2018, 09:49:33 pm »
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/mother-renames-son-after-tattooist-makes-spelling-error/news-story/16c8ce213f7ea3b40dbce6a64ff7d7f3

Mother renames son after tattooist makes spelling error
MAY 17, 20186:45am
Unfortunately one Swedish mother fell victim to an embarrassing typo after her tattooist misspelled her son Kevin’s name as Kelvin.

But rather than let it get her down — and face an expensive, painful removal process — 30-year-old Johanna Giselhäll Sandström had an ingenious solution: She had her son’s name legally changed.

[...]

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline thackney

« Reply #1358 on: May 17, 2018, 11:48:40 am »
...Unfortunately one Swedish mother fell victim to an embarrassing typo after her tattooist misspelled her son Kevin’s name as Kelvin.

But rather than let it get her down — and face an expensive, painful removal process — 30-year-old Johanna Giselhäll Sandström had an ingenious solution: She had her son’s name legally changed.

And now, for the rest of his life, people will misspell her son's name.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1359 on: May 18, 2018, 05:17:30 pm »

000hehehehe

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1360 on: May 19, 2018, 12:33:25 am »
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/mother-renames-son-after-tattooist-makes-spelling-error/news-story/16c8ce213f7ea3b40dbce6a64ff7d7f3

Mother renames son after tattooist makes spelling error
MAY 17, 20186:45am
Unfortunately one Swedish mother fell victim to an embarrassing typo after her tattooist misspelled her son Kevin’s name as Kelvin.

[...]

@Suppressed

Now that I look at it again,it looks like it says "Nova and Kelvin". Aren't both energy/heat measurements? My GAWD! Somebody might see that dingbat and think she is a Physicist!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1361 on: May 20, 2018, 08:46:37 pm »
Man to North Ridgeville police: Help me … I’m being followed by a pig

Posted 2:05 pm, May 19, 2018, by Lindsay Buckingham

NORTH RIDGEVILLE, Ohio — Imagine a police officer receiving this call: “Help me. I’m being followed by a pig.”

We’re not sure of the exact wording, but that’s pretty much what happened in North Ridgeville early Saturday morning.

Police say a man called the station just before 5:30 a.m., saying he was being stalked by a pig on Center Ridge Road.

They thought he was drunk, but when officers responded...

http://fox8.com/2018/05/19/man-to-north-ridgeville-police-help-me-im-being-followed-by-a-pig/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #1362 on: May 20, 2018, 08:57:57 pm »
I wonder if the pig likes donuts?

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1363 on: May 23, 2018, 02:43:46 am »
Florida man climbs playground equipment, allegedly yells to children about how babies are born

Otis Dawayne Ryan, 30, was arrested after he allegedly yelled a "vulgar" term to describe where babies come from to children on a playground.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/22/florida-man-climbs-playground-equipment-allegedly-yells-to-children-about-how-babies-are-born.html?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obnetwork

Barring more serious circumstances, such as say a criminal record, this is the kind of stuff, people would get committed for.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1364 on: May 23, 2018, 02:48:51 am »
Barring more serious circumstances, such as say a criminal record, this is the kind of stuff, people would get committed for.

The facial tats would be sufficient for that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

« Reply #1365 on: May 23, 2018, 12:38:09 pm »
Either that or the circus was in town.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1366 on: June 02, 2018, 02:00:15 pm »

Lawyer in hazmat suit held man hostage, pulled out bolt cutters to slice his genitals, Ala. cops say
BY JARED GILMOUR
April 26, 2018 02:59 PM
Updated April 26, 2018 04:14 PM

An Alabama lawyer is headed to prison after orchestrating a kidnapping that nearly cost his hostage a finger — and his genitals.

The lawyer's motive? It was all over $60 the victim was supposed to pay the lawyer in exchange for some tires, prosecutors said.

On Thursday, a judge sentenced James William Woolley, 52, to 20 years in prison on the robbery, kidnapping and attempted murder charges that a jury convicted Woolley of last month, the Birmingham News reports.

Woolley’s kidnapping plot was set into motion on Jan. 25, 2016, with some help from an accomplice. Kimberly Murphy, 33, lured the victim to her Birmingham home by promising she would return a piercing kit the victim had left there, according to prosecutors.

http://www.theolympian.com/news/nation-world/national/article209917689.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1367 on: June 03, 2018, 08:18:45 pm »
Lawyer in hazmat suit held man hostage, pulled out bolt cutters to slice his genitals, Ala. cops say
BY JARED GILMOUR
April 26, 2018 02:59 PM
Updated April 26, 2018 04:14 PM

An Alabama lawyer is headed to prison after orchestrating a kidnapping that nearly cost his hostage a finger — and his genitals.

The lawyer's motive? It was all over $60 the victim was supposed to pay the lawyer in exchange for some tires, prosecutors said.

On Thursday, a judge sentenced James William Woolley, 52, to 20 years in prison on the robbery, kidnapping and attempted murder charges that a jury convicted Woolley of last month, the Birmingham News reports.

Woolley’s kidnapping plot was set into motion on Jan. 25, 2016, with some help from an accomplice. Kimberly Murphy, 33, lured the victim to her Birmingham home by promising she would return a piercing kit the victim had left there, according to prosecutors.

http://www.theolympian.com/news/nation-world/national/article209917689.html
Well, he's re-tired now!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1368 on: June 05, 2018, 05:04:42 pm »
Woman's obituary takes a dark turn: 'World is a better place without her'

An 80-year-old woman’s seemingly straightforward obituary took a dark turn that no one could have predicted.

The obituary for Kathleen Dehmlow (Schunk) first appeared in the Redwood Gazette this week. It stated she was born on March 19, 1938, and resided in Springfield, Minn. She married Dennis Dehmlow in 1957 and had two children with him -- Gina and Jay.

…

“In 1962 she became pregnant by her husband’s brother Lyle Dehmlow and moved to California. She abandoned her children, Gina and Jay who were raised by her parents in Clements, Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Schunk,” the obituary reads.

…

“She passed away on May 31, 2018, in Springfield and will now face judgment. She will not be missed by Gina and Jay, and they understand that this world is a better place without her,” the obituary concluded.

www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/05/womans-obituary-takes-dark-turn-world-is-better-place-without-her.html

Offline WingNot

« Reply #1369 on: June 05, 2018, 05:15:13 pm »
I believe that is called an "Obitchuary

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1370 on: June 05, 2018, 10:05:53 pm »
Woman's obituary takes a dark turn: 'World is a better place without her'

www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/05/womans-obituary-takes-dark-turn-world-is-better-place-without-her.html

@Applewood

I can't speak for anyone else,but I'm loving it!

NOWHERE on the planet is more hypocrisy on display than at a funeral. Not even in Congress or the UN.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1371 on: June 06, 2018, 12:30:34 am »
She will not be missed by Gina and Jay, and they understand that this world is a better place without her
The lesson to be learned here is "don't piss off the people who will end up writing your obituary." Of course, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" also works.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1372 on: June 06, 2018, 12:47:12 am »
The lesson to be learned here is "don't piss off the people who will end up writing your obituary." Of course, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" also works.

Wise words, Mountaineer.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1373 on: June 06, 2018, 10:43:09 am »
Man Shot by Gun Hidden in Oven

Police say they've solved a shooting in Ohio that left a man wounded.

The oven did it.

The Vindicator in Youngstown reports 44-year-old Robin Garlock received wounds to both shoulders while trying to retrieve a handgun he'd hidden inside the broiler unit of his oven.

Warren police say Garlock put the gun in the broiler because children were coming over.

His girlfriend, unaware of the gun's presence, turned on the oven Sunday to bake. Police say she called out to Garlock when she thought she heard a gunshot fired outside. Police say Garlock was struck by bullets or bullet fragments when they exploded inside the gun.

No charges have been filed against the oven.

More at:

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/weird/Man-Shot-by-Gun-Hidden-in-Oven-484590001.html

:silly:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1374 on: June 06, 2018, 11:08:10 am »
Is that a gun in the oven or are you happy to see me?

Nope, loses something in translation.