Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528859 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1250 on: February 05, 2018, 03:05:59 pm »
We do most of our grocery shopping at Kroger, which has a bin outside each store for depositing old plastic bags (even non-Kroger ones) for recycling. Sounds like commonsense to me.

Out here in Phoenix Fry's (Kroger) was paying a nickel bounty for every bag you turned in at the register.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1251 on: February 05, 2018, 03:07:11 pm »

Transgender College Student Files Complaint Against Professor for Not Using Preferred Pronouns
BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
February 5, 2018 9:53 am

A transgender man has filed a complaint against an 88-year-old New York University psychology professor for not using the preferred pronouns when referring to transgender students.

August Enzer, a junior at NYU, wants Professor Edgar Coons, who has taught at the college since 1965, to be disciplined and for the resolution to be made public, the New York Post reported Saturday.  ...More at Free Beacon
I suspect an 88-year-old psychologist remembers when a woman who truly believed she was a man would have been considered nuts.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1252 on: February 05, 2018, 03:07:36 pm »
Those can be handy, but you don't want the meat juices leaking into them. Some things just travel better in plastic.

Also, they're large.  They over-pack them so they're too heavy for Mrs. Liberty to lift.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1253 on: February 05, 2018, 03:08:38 pm »
Transgender College Student Files Complaint Against Professor for Not Using Preferred Pronouns
I suspect an 88-year-old psychologist remembers when a woman who truly believed she was a man would have been considered nuts.

Last I heard, "Gender Dysphoria" is still listed as an illness.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1254 on: February 05, 2018, 03:17:50 pm »
"Preachers argue for private jets because demons travel on normal ones"

For fairness and balance on this story be sure to read:

"New Obama vacation costs uncovered; They now exceed $70 million"
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,189004.0/topicseen.html

Also bear in mind that Copeland, Creflo Dollar, and Jesse Duplantis get their money from the voluntary donations of their supporters, who may be fools, but it's their money. When it comes to Obama he gets his money through coercing the taxpayers, including you.

@Paladin

Isn't there a passage in the Bible about shearing the sheep? That would apply to both the followers of the preachers that preach God,and the preachers that preach Marx.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:41:59 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1255 on: February 05, 2018, 03:22:32 pm »
I'm a mite old school, and there is something I am having trouble figuring out.

Is a "transgender man" a guy who thinks he is a she or a she who thinks she is a he?

I mean, now that we aren't allowed to summarily dismiss such delusions as being "nuts" (or "sick") and are expected to cater to every split-hair designation these folks can come up with (which lets them have a go-zillion different "organizations" line up at the microphone), ordinary (normal) folks are left at a disadvantage in all this stuff (except for the fact that we aren't suffering from that particular delusion and the misery it likely brings).
I just find it difficult to pander to them when I don't even get what their descriptions mean, and I'd like to avoid the ugliness that comes with triggering someone's psychotic break.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1256 on: February 05, 2018, 03:23:02 pm »
Last I heard, "Gender Dysphoria" is still listed as an illness.

I believe it is.  However, the left won't let a little thing like that get in the way of their "narrative".

Offline thackney

« Reply #1257 on: February 05, 2018, 04:15:02 pm »
I have several canvas bags from Kroger, but even when I put them in the car, I can't remember to take them in.    :shrug:

That's a great solution if people remember to use them.

How often do you wash yours?

What's in your shopping bag? Bacteria
http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/health/sns-green-bacteria-in-shopping-bags-story.html

...The researchers tested 84 of the bags for bacteria. They found whopping amounts in all but one bag, and coliform bacteria (suggesting raw-meat or uncooked-food contamination) in half. And yes, the much-feared E. coli was among them -- in 12% of the bags.

Here's the full report, (yes it's a long title)Assessment of the Potential for Cross Contamination of Food Products by Reusable Shopping Bags...

https://medical-center.lomalindahealth.org/sites/medical-center.lomalindahealth.org/files/docs/LIVE-IT-Sinclair-Article-Cross-Contamination-Reusable-Shopping-Bags.pdf
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1258 on: February 05, 2018, 04:22:23 pm »
I have a couple of those canvas shopping bags, but never put meats or produce in them. Yecchh.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1259 on: February 05, 2018, 04:42:20 pm »
IIRC, a big part of the concept sales was that using plastic would "save a tree". (70s 'n all that).
It's nice propaganda but for a very long time paper companies have been growing and harvesting trees specifically for paper production, I remember being impressed by the operations when we went to see Mount St. Helens.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1260 on: February 05, 2018, 04:48:40 pm »
It's nice propaganda but for a very long time paper companies have been growing and harvesting trees specifically for paper production, I remember being impressed by the operations when we went to see Mount St. Helens.
Yep, it was propaganda. That's all it was then, and all it is now. If I ever use the line "Save a tree...", I follow up with "...use it for firewood".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1261 on: February 05, 2018, 04:57:48 pm »
If I ever use the line "Save a tree...", I follow up with "...use it for firewood".
Or build a house.  :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1262 on: February 05, 2018, 06:10:28 pm »
Yep, it was propaganda. That's all it was then, and all it is now. If I ever use the line "Save a tree...", I follow up with "...use it for firewood".

My comeback is, "...or choke a fish?  Tough call."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1263 on: February 05, 2018, 06:27:46 pm »
Trees are a crop.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1264 on: February 05, 2018, 07:01:55 pm »
This is where all this transgender mental illness is heading. And it makes perfect sense. If a woman can wake up one day and say, 'Today, I am a man.' Then of course, why can't she wake up and say, 'Today, I am a cat.'? or a dog, or a horse, or a cow,....If we are going all-in on insanity as legitimate fact, then why should there be any limits? There is no limit to crazy. Once you start living in crazy-town, and truly believe that it is real and normal, well then, anything goes and reality has no meaning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sObPHx2QMY0
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:03:03 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1266 on: February 12, 2018, 01:35:21 am »
Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow.

! No longer available
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1269 on: February 14, 2018, 03:40:29 pm »
Skier Missing In New York Found A Week Later 2,900 Miles Away In California, Confused And Still Wearing Helmet, Goggles
by Joseph Curl
February 14, 2018
Constantinos Filippidis, 49, went on a ski trip with his buddies from Toronto, crossing into the U.S. to ski at Whiteface Mountain in upstate New York.

On Wednesday of last week, Filippidis -- known as "Danny" -- told his pals he was going to squeeze in one more run, and headed out to the slopes alone. Then he vanished.

Authorities conducted a massive search of the mountain for Danny. Hundreds of volunteers spent some 7,000 hours combined combing every inch of the ski resort.   ...

On Tuesday, six days later, he was found -- 2,900 miles away in Sacramento, California. He was in confused state -- still wearing his ski helmet and goggles, officials said.

No one knows how he got there. He had left behind his car and his passport, so authorities say he likely didn't fly.  ...
More at Daily Wire.

Also reported in the U.K. Daily Mail.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1270 on: February 14, 2018, 08:48:42 pm »
Skier Missing In New York Found A Week Later 2,900 Miles Away In California, Confused And Still Wearing Helmet, Goggles
by Joseph Curl
February 14, 2018More at Daily Wire.

Also reported in the U.K. Daily Mail.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1271 on: February 14, 2018, 09:21:13 pm »
Cocaine is a helluva drug.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1272 on: February 15, 2018, 04:58:56 am »
Cocaine is a helluva drug.

@Hoodat

Think maybe he ran all the way to Ca?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1273 on: February 15, 2018, 07:48:27 am »
Sex toys, light bulbs among anonymous Amazon packages sent to Canadian universities
At least 7 university student unions have received unsolicited items from Amazon
By Sophia Harris, CBC News Posted: Jan 27, 2018 5:00 AM ET Last Updated: Jan 28, 2018 10:45 AM ET
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/sex-toys-amazon-anonymous-packages-1.4506318

Several Canadian university student unions are stumped as they continue to receive anonymous packages containing random goods — everything from sex toys to light bulbs to record players to computer cables.

The items come in Amazon packaging, but there's no indication who's ordering the goods from the online retail giant.

[...]

Ryerson's Students Union president, Susanne Nyaga, holds anonymously purchased items her office has received from Amazon. (CBC)

Shawn Wiskar, University of Regina Students’ Union vice-president of student affairs, shows one of many anonymous items his office has received — a digital kitchen scale. (Shawn Wiskar)

Another case of someone getting mailed lots of Amazon packages anonymously:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/someone-is-sending-amazon-sex-toys-to-strangers-amazon-has-no-idea-how-to-stop-it
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1274 on: February 15, 2018, 09:24:40 pm »
Skier lost in New York doesn’t know how he got to California
AP, updated on February 14, 2018
https://www.boston.com/sports/skiing/2018/02/14/missing-skier-new-york-california

WILMINGTON, N.Y. (AP) — Police on Wednesday were trying to piece together how a 49-year-old skier whose disappearance sparked a massive search on a snowy New York mountainside ended up six days later in California, confused and still in ski clothes.

Toronto firefighter Constantinos ‘‘Danny’’ Filippidis told investigators he doesn’t know what happened after he was reported missing Wednesday, Feb. 7, from Whiteface Mountain during an annual ski trip with colleagues. The search ended Tuesday when Filippidis turned up in Sacramento, California, some 2,500 miles west of the Adirondacks.

[...]

Filippidis told deputies he remembered little, but thought he’d suffered a head injury, rode in a ‘‘big rig-style truck’’ and slept ‘‘a lot,’’ Sgt. Shaun Hampton of the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department told the Post-Standard of Syracuse.

Filippidis said he bought an iPhone to call his wife and told deputies that a truck dropped him off in downtown Sacramento, where he got a haircut, Hampton said.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn