Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 532519 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1200 on: December 06, 2017, 01:09:33 am »
With the tenants around you humping like rabbits....

I've lived in apartments in my life and some were not so nice. Every night from about 10pm to 11pm the rabbits would start up. Thumping on my ceiling was metronome. And you never knew how long or how loud it would be. Not only was it annoying, it was also kind of embarrassing. And sometimes other neighbors would join in, and it would be coming through in stereo.

That's why your quote was so familiar to me.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:12:16 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1201 on: December 06, 2017, 01:19:31 am »
I've lived in apartments in my life and some were not so nice. Every night from about 10pm to 11pm the rabbits would start up. Thumping on my ceiling was metronome. And you never knew how long or how loud it would be. Not only was it annoying, it was also kind of embarrassing. And sometimes other neighbors would join in, and it would be coming through in stereo.

That's why your quote was so familiar to me.

BTDT.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1202 on: December 06, 2017, 02:56:32 am »
Not a single comment on the musical piece I provided. I'm disappointed.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1203 on: December 10, 2017, 09:52:35 pm »
Woman burns down Cincinnati, Ohio, home trying to kill bedbugs
December 9, 2017, 5:32 PM
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cincinnati-ohio-woman-burns-down-home-trying-to-kill-bedbugs/

CINCINNATI -- Authorities said that three people were injured and 10 people were left homeless after a woman accidentally started a fire while trying to kill bed bugs with rubbing alcohol at a multi-family home in Cincinnati.

WXIX-TV reports it's the second time in two weeks that a fire sparked by attempts to kill bed bugs has caused extensive damage in Cincinnati.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1204 on: December 10, 2017, 10:46:44 pm »
woman accidentally started a fire while trying to kill bed bugs with rubbing alcohol
Was that before or after she lit a match to see whether there was any gas in her car's tank?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1205 on: December 11, 2017, 12:04:20 am »
Was that before or after she lit a match to see whether there was any gas in her car's tank?

Musta been before.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #1206 on: December 11, 2017, 05:47:06 pm »
Not a single comment on the musical piece I provided. I'm disappointed.

Suppressed, I listened to your piece of "music."  Cute graphics.  Music?  Hmmmmmm.

Sing along with me! "Silent night, holy night.  All is bright..."

Perhaps I should not be in here.

Okay, you can do this to me.  I deserve it! 22222frying pan
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1207 on: December 12, 2017, 04:39:19 pm »
Numerous photos, I picked the one I like best.

They drove us to it! Bad parkers FINALLY get their comeuppance as passers-by hit back with graffiti, Saran wrap and quick-witted notes

Victims have hit back with everything from graffiti to clingfilm - as well as the classic passive aggressive note
    Others returned to their vehicles to find them surrounded by shopping trolleys or carefully coated in foil
    In one particularly egregious example of poor parking, a silver car can be seen perched in the middle of a helicopter landing pad - with the aircraft left hovering overhead in wait

By Scott Campbell For Mailonline

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5168437/Bad-parkers-finally-comeuppance-hilarious-photos.html#ixzz5147hvA3f
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1208 on: December 16, 2017, 05:25:53 pm »
Okay, an old story, but I just saw it posted to reddit today.

18 year-old is Elected Miss Prostitute 2013 in Belo Horizonte
10/01/2013
FROM SÃO PAULO

In its second edition, the Miss Prostitute contest took place last Saturday (28) in the city of Belo Horizonte (MG). At the same time that, the city was electing Miss Brazil.

Marcelina Gomes Teixeira, 18, has worked for 6 month in the profession, won the title and the awards this year: R$ 1,200 in cash, plus R$ 350 inshopping certificates and gifts from a store downtown. She beat nine other candidates.

"I do not advertise in the newspaper. I have my contacts," says the Miss, and reveals a bit more about herself: she lives with her grandmother, does not like music or watch movies or browse on the internet often - "I do not care much for these things", she said in an interview with UOL.

[...]

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/internacional/en/brazil/2013/10/1349995-18-year-old-is-elected-miss-prostitute-2013-in-belo-horizonte.shtml

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:10:36 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1209 on: December 18, 2017, 04:11:55 pm »
'Safer' 20mph zones led to rise in number of road deaths but too costly to reverse, council admits
Hayley Dixon • 17 DECEMBER 2017 • 5:57PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/17/20mph-limit-dangerous-costly-reverse-council-admits/

Reducing the speed limit to 20mph has caused a rise in death and serious injuries, a council has admitted, but is refusing to reverse the scheme because it will cost too much.

Bath and North East Somerset Council spent £871,000 bringing in the 13 new speed zones just 12 months ago.

But one year on, a report has found that the rate of people killed or seriously injured has gone up in seven out of the 13 new 20mph zones.

[...]
+++++++++

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1210 on: December 30, 2017, 01:46:47 am »
Man Spends Free Time Posing As Cop To Pull People Over And Cuff Them

https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/man-spends-free-time-posing-as-cop-to-pull-people-over-and-cuff-them/

Officials caught an Arizona man impersonating a police officer last week when he began stopping and searching people at random, even handcuffing one of them.

The Tucson Police Department posted a video of one of the incidents on Facebook Wednesday and said they responded to a “suspicious activity call” Dec. 19, when the impostor pulled over three different people while pretending to be law enforcement.
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1211 on: December 30, 2017, 01:49:20 am »
WATCH: Horse Bettor Loses Out on $571,000 When a Jockey Falls Off Right Before the Wire

https://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-a-horse-bettor-lose-out-on-571000-when-a-jockey-falls-off-his-horse-right-before-the-wire/

We’ve chronicled some absolutely horrific gambling losses since launching sports coverage here at Mediaite in July 2016. But this one might be the most brutal yet.

On Thursday at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, FL, an unlucky horse racing gambler lost out on a massive, six-figure payout when a jockey fell off his horse just yards before he almost certainly would’ve crossed the wire first.

! No longer available
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1212 on: January 02, 2018, 09:20:19 pm »
Man In Critical Condition After His Champagne Bottle Exploded In His Crotch.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/02/man-in-critical-condition-after-his-champagne-bottle-exploded-in-his-crotch/

A Danish man is in critical condition after a champagne bottle he held between his legs exploded in his crotch on New Year’s Eve, according to a report Tuesday.

A Danish man was put in an induced coma after a champagne bottle exploded. A shard of glass cut through an artery in his leg, causing significant blood loss, reported the Daily Mail. The man is currently in one of Denmark’s largest hospitals called the Copenhagen Rigshospitalet and remains in critical condition, according to regional police officer Brian Munch, reported The Local Denmark.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1213 on: January 05, 2018, 07:41:09 pm »
Bihar Engineer Forced To Marry At Gunpoint, Kept Crying, Ordeal On Video
Ever since the incident, Vinod's family has been getting threat calls asking him to accept the girl forcing them to seek police protection
All India | Reported by Manish Kumar | Updated: January 05, 2018 16:37 IST

PATNA:  A 29-year-old engineer was reportedly kidnapped and forced to marry a woman at gunpoint in Bihar. The video clips from the wedding show Vinod Kumar, a junior manager at Bokaro Steel Plant, dressed as a groom, being thrashed and forced to perform wedding rituals in Patna's Pandarak area. As he begs to be released and continues to cry for help, a group of women, allegedly from the woman's family, try to convince him to cooperate.

When he refuses to apply vermillion to the bride, her relatives are heard saying, "We are only performing your wedding, not hanging you."

Local media quoted the engineer as saying one of the bride's relatives had pointed a pistol at him after they met at a mutual friend's wedding and ordered him to marry her. His allegations are being investigated by the police.

[...]

The official figures, as reported by news agency AFP, show police received nearly 3,000 complaints of groom kidnapping in 2016. None of the marriages were annulled.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 07:43:06 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1214 on: January 05, 2018, 08:06:03 pm »
Ever since the incident, Vinod's family has been getting threat calls asking him to accept the girl forcing them to seek police protection
All India | Reported by Manish Kumar | Updated: January 05, 2018 16:37 IST

PATNA:  A 29-year-old engineer was reportedly kidnapped and forced to marry a woman at gunpoint in Bihar. The video clips from the wedding show Vinod Kumar, a junior manager at Bokaro Steel Plant, dressed as a groom, being thrashed and forced to perform wedding rituals in Patna's Pandarak area. As he begs to be released and continues to cry for help, a group of women, allegedly from the woman's family, try to convince him to cooperate.

When he refuses to apply vermillion to the bride, her relatives are heard saying, "We are only performing your wedding, not hanging you."

Local media quoted the engineer as saying one of the bride's relatives had pointed a pistol at him after they met at a mutual friend's wedding and ordered him to marry her. His allegations are being investigated by the police.

[...]

Linky:  https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bihar-engineer-forced-to-marry-at-gunpoint-kept-crying-during-rituals-1796252
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #1215 on: January 05, 2018, 09:05:39 pm »
A friend was being forced into a marriage. The bride-to-be was pregnant and he was the father du jour. He got out of it by convincing the family that he had $122,000 in debt from a failed business. If they got married, it meant that she had $122,000 in debt. The bride's father quickly deduced that another man was actually the father and the new father stood to inherit a large amount of family land. Unbeknownst to the FIL to be, the land had liens against it.   
After the marriage, my friend discharged the debt in bankruptcy and opened a car repair business. The FIL, who now had a deadbeat penniless SIL, would get his car fixed there so he could tell my friend "That child looks just like you" which was an obvious lie.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1216 on: January 05, 2018, 09:10:17 pm »
There is much about India I find curious. This qualifies, of course. Bollywood, also.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1217 on: January 18, 2018, 06:39:18 pm »
Fan arrested after punching police horse at Eagles-Falcons game
Tom Schad, USA TODAY Published 1:22 p.m. ET Jan. 16, 2018
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2018/01/16/fan-arrested-punching-police-horse-eagles-lincoln-financial-field-philadelphia/1036481001/

A Pennsylvania man was arrested for punching a police horse and its rider at Lincoln Financial Field over the weekend.

Taylor Hendricks, a 22-year-old from Whitehall, Penn., was ejected from Saturday's game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Atlanta Falcons because he was intoxicated and did not have a ticket, according to Philadelphia police. Following his ejection, police said, he approached a mounted officer and "began punching the horse in the face, neck and shoulder area."

[...]
+++++++++

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1218 on: January 18, 2018, 07:05:26 pm »
Fan arrested after punching police horse at Eagles-Falcons game
Tom Schad, USA TODAY Published 1:22 p.m. ET Jan. 16, 2018
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2018/01/16/fan-arrested-punching-police-horse-eagles-lincoln-financial-field-philadelphia/1036481001/

A Pennsylvania man was arrested for punching a police horse and its rider at Lincoln Financial Field over the weekend.

Taylor Hendricks, a 22-year-old from Whitehall, Penn., was ejected from Saturday's game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Atlanta Falcons because he was intoxicated and did not have a ticket, according to Philadelphia police. Following his ejection, police said, he approached a mounted officer and "began punching the horse in the face, neck and shoulder area."

[...]

Thought he is Mongo.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1219 on: January 18, 2018, 07:12:10 pm »
Thought he is Mongo.

Is Mongo another word for "really, really stupid"?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1220 on: January 18, 2018, 07:49:43 pm »

! No longer available

I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1221 on: January 18, 2018, 10:47:53 pm »
Nah, Mongo was a genius compared to that idiot. The officer showed great restraint in not letting the horse tap dance on the suspect.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #1222 on: January 19, 2018, 04:39:43 pm »
Thought he is Mongo.
@Cyber Liberty First thing I thought of GMTA
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1223 on: January 19, 2018, 06:09:05 pm »
In Scotland, pretty sick:

Shock as woman, 39, pleads guilty to filming self in sex acts with pet dog, whipped cream

Fox News

A woman in Scotland who shot cellphone video of herself in a sex act involving her pet dog and whipped cream has pleaded guilty to two counts of possessing pornography.

Cops in the West Lothian region of Scotland found the video – along with a cache of sickening child pornography photos – back in March, when they raided the home of Suzy Cairns, following a tip to the Cyber Crime Unit of Scotland’s national police force.

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/11/shock-as-woman-39-pleads-guilty-to-filming-self-in-sex-acts-with-pet-dog-whipped-cream.html

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1224 on: January 21, 2018, 03:49:21 am »
Virginia Man Uses Flamethrower to Clear Snow from Driveway

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/20/virginia-man-uses-flamethrower-to-clear-snow-from-driveway/

A man from Amherst, Virginia used a flamethrower to melt away snow from his driveway, WRIC reports.

Instead of using the traditional tool, a shovel, Nathanael Caplinger wanted to explore a quicker way of dispelling the snow.

After reading an ad in a local magazine about a blowtorch purported to do a brilliant job of clearing snow, he decided to try it out.
The Republic is lost.