Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528654 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1100 on: August 15, 2017, 08:27:46 pm »
They were crappy dancers.

and the story is fake.
There are sickos out there who would have paid extra to sit up front... :terror:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1101 on: August 16, 2017, 12:23:26 am »
There are sickos out there who would have paid extra to sit up front... :terror:
Up front? Hell they would have paid a premium for a lap dance!
I will never understand the japanese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UDcfOkOeTw

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #1102 on: August 16, 2017, 01:12:17 am »
Up front? Hell they would have paid a premium for a lap dance!
I will never understand the japanese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UDcfOkOeTw

Sigh...must be a fad. This, too, will pass.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #1103 on: August 17, 2017, 06:14:50 pm »
Car Thief Climbs Crane, Strips Naked at Port of Los Angeles in WILD Police Chase Caught on Camera
http://gcaptain.com/car-thief-climbs-crane-strips-naked-at-port-of-los-angeles-in-wild-police-chase-caught-on-camera/
August 17, 2017

...A bizarre incident at the Port of Los Angeles Wednesday night as a high-speed police chase ended with the suspect entering the port where he climbed a giant ship-to-shore crane and stripping naked before plunging to his death....

...News helicopters captured the man on camera pacing around, waving at police, dancing and doing “calisthenics”, as the media described it. After a few hours on the crane the man even took off his clothes.

Tragically, after more than three hours on the crane, the man either fell or jumped to his death, landing on the containership docked at the terminal....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #1104 on: August 17, 2017, 07:20:30 pm »
Car Thief Climbs Crane, Strips Naked at Port of Los Angeles in WILD Police Chase Caught on Camera
http://gcaptain.com/car-thief-climbs-crane-strips-naked-at-port-of-los-angeles-in-wild-police-chase-caught-on-camera/
August 17, 2017

...A bizarre incident at the Port of Los Angeles Wednesday night as a high-speed police chase ended with the suspect entering the port where he climbed a giant ship-to-shore crane and stripping naked before plunging to his death....

...News helicopters captured the man on camera pacing around, waving at police, dancing and doing “calisthenics”, as the media described it. After a few hours on the crane the man even took off his clothes.

Tragically, after more than three hours on the crane, the man either fell or jumped to his death, landing on the containership docked at the terminal....
Drugs? Most likely!  Sad that the crew had to clean that one off the decks...for the crew.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1105 on: August 17, 2017, 08:47:51 pm »
August 17, 2017

I don't usually watch these things, but this one was a bit different, especially when the guy bailed and started running up the steps, walking, walking really slow, those cranes are really high! You could see the guy wasn't right in the head, waving his arms and hands around. Glad I had better things to do than keep watching. Not surprised he jumped, he was erratic from the get go.

Wingnut

« Reply #1106 on: August 17, 2017, 09:01:47 pm »
I don't usually watch these things, but this one was a bit different, especially when the guy bailed and started running up the steps, walking, walking really slow, those cranes are really high! You could see the guy wasn't right in the head, waving his arms and hands around. Glad I had better things to do than keep watching. Not surprised he jumped, he was erratic from the get go.

Where the hell is Dirty Harry when you need him.   This all could have been prevented.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1107 on: August 18, 2017, 12:11:46 am »
Where the hell is Dirty Harry when you need him.   This all could have been prevented.
Well I bet there will be a lot of second guessing and blaming the police for letting him spend so much time circling around the cranes before they move in.

Wingnut

« Reply #1108 on: August 18, 2017, 01:01:13 am »
Well I bet there will be a lot of second guessing and blaming the police for letting him spend so much time circling around the cranes before they move in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nglh-BExEus

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #1109 on: August 21, 2017, 08:00:44 am »

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1110 on: August 23, 2017, 11:12:07 am »
Charleston man arrested for alleged vandalism
By MetroNews Staff in News | August 22, 2017 at 10:16PM

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The man who allegedly spray-painted “Black Lives Matter” on the side of two Charleston buildings was arrested Tuesday evening.

Ray Hensley Jr., 36, of Charleston, allegedly painted the message on the side of the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences on Washington Street East and the building of Fox’s Pizza on Ruffner Avenue sometime early Tuesday morning.

Hensley was also arrested for four charges including one for obstructing, one for trespassing and two for shoplifting.

According to the Charleston Police Department, more charges are expected to be filed once a detailed examination of other sites are completed.
The ridiculous part of this story?

Yeah, he's white.
Apparently, he's been writing "Black Lives Matter" all over the place. Just standing up for his peeps.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1111 on: August 23, 2017, 06:13:06 pm »
The ridiculous part of this story?

Yeah, he's white.
Apparently, he's been writing "Black Lives Matter" all over the place. Just standing up for his peeps.
Don't judge him by his "outside", he self identifies as a Watusi.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1112 on: August 23, 2017, 06:43:25 pm »

And I'm OK with that, as long as he doesn't have Diarrhea.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #1113 on: August 23, 2017, 07:00:21 pm »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1114 on: August 23, 2017, 08:15:49 pm »
I'd like to get one of those t-shirts, please.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online corbe

« Reply #1115 on: September 02, 2017, 10:34:56 pm »
Melania Trump wears stilettos again on way to Texas

By Josh Delk - 09/02/17 03:12 PM EDT

First lady Melania Trump wore stilettos for her departure Saturday to Texas to meet with victims of Hurricane Harvey, after facing criticism for wearing similar shoes on a trip earlier this week.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/348992-melania-wears-stilettos-again-on-way-to-texas
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1116 on: September 02, 2017, 10:41:45 pm »
Melania Trump wears stilettos again on way to Texas

By Josh Delk - 09/02/17 03:12 PM EDT

First lady Melania Trump wore stilettos for her departure Saturday to Texas to meet with victims of Hurricane Harvey, after facing criticism for wearing similar shoes on a trip earlier this week.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/348992-melania-wears-stilettos-again-on-way-to-texas

They're just pissed she looks so damned good in them.  That gal from Vogue who bitched about it looked like a bag lady made up to look like Raggedy Ann.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online berdie

« Reply #1117 on: September 02, 2017, 11:05:12 pm »
They're just pissed she looks so damned good in them.  That gal from Vogue who bitched about it looked like a bag lady made up to look like Raggedy Ann.

I can't find the thumbs up emogi...but thumbs up. It wouldn't have mattered what she wore...they would have found fault.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1118 on: September 05, 2017, 03:19:08 pm »
Smugglers caught because they got their Chinese characters the wrong way round
Language blunder gives sugar carriers a bitter lesson after it attracts coastguards’ suspicions
PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 05 September, 2017, 2:19pm
UPDATED : Tuesday, 05 September, 2017, 2:19pm
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2109812/smugglers-caught-because-they-got-their-chinese-characters-wrong

A foreign ship was caught with smuggled cargo last week because the crew did not know Chinese and put the wrong characters on the front of the vessel.

[...]

But they raised the eyebrows of Chinese coastguards because they were painted the other way round. The paint was much fresher than that on the rest of the ship, which was docking at the Yancheng harbour on Thursday, according to the report.

[...]

Officers found 1,300 tonnes of sugar in the cargo bay, held in plastic bags with wording that suggested the origin of production was in Thailand.

[...]

The crew lowered the Panamanian flag and painted the Chinese characters on the bow, because Chinese authorities were less likely to inspect domestic ships.

But the painters did not speak Chinese and held the template in the wrong direction, getting the characters back-to-front.

[...]

I love the unmatched paint, too.  Not sure I believe the story, but it's amusing to think about.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1119 on: September 11, 2017, 03:49:05 pm »
Chaos erupts as tick on display goes missing during press conference
September 6, 2017 (Mainichi Japan)
https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20170906/p2a/00m/0na/003000c

MIYAZAKI -- An ixodid tick that was on display here during a press conference at the Miyazaki Prefectural Government office on Sept. 4 has gone missing, causing chaos, the Mainichi Shimbun has learned.

The tick was presented to the media as part of the prefectural government's drive to warn people about "severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome (SFTS)," which is transmitted by ixodid ticks.

It had been brought to the conference venue by a prefectural government employee, and placed on a sheet of white paper together with another ixodid tick that had died after sucking some blood. The live tick suddenly went missing following a photo session.

The tick's sudden disappearance caused commotion in the room, with journalists and prefectural employees frantically searching for it, but to no avail. As a countermeasure, the prefectural government released two types of insecticide across the press room.

[...]

At a press conference the following day, Miyazaki Gov. Shuji Kono apologized, saying, "We should have taken better safety precautions."
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1120 on: September 11, 2017, 04:02:59 pm »
Artist's rendering of the missing tick....

I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #1121 on: September 11, 2017, 04:03:54 pm »
Chaos erupts as tick on display goes missing during press conference

If someone comes into the medical facility where I work is found to have bedbugs, examining rooms are quarantined and the area where they sat in the reception area is roped off for several feet around. The funny thing is that the exterminator uses rubbing alcohol to kill them. The hospital wants those areas quarantined for 24 hours but the exterminator says 2 hours is more than enough.

They just shrug their shoulders over cockroaches.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1122 on: September 11, 2017, 04:09:05 pm »
They just shrug their shoulders over cockroaches.

Surprising, considering some people are allergic to them.
+++++++++

Online corbe

« Reply #1123 on: September 20, 2017, 06:01:03 pm »
Police seek 'mad pooper' woman jogger who's defecating shamelessly on people's front lawns
Fox News    

A woman dubbed as the "Mad Pooper" is accused of defecating in front of houses in Colorado Springs.

Colorado Springs cops are hunting a woman dubbed “the Mad Pooper,” who’s been caught defecating in front of houses for weeks.

Cathy Budde told KKTV the unidentified woman has been relieving herself in front of Budde’s Colorado Springs home for at least seven weeks. Her children even caught the “mad pooper” squatting with her pants down in front of the house.

"They are like, 'There's a lady taking a poop!' So I come outside, and I'm like…'are you serious?'" Budde told KKTV. "'Are you really taking a poop right here in front of my kids!?' She's like, 'Yeah, sorry!'"

<..snip..>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/20/police-seek-mad-pooper-woman-jogger-whos-defecating-shamelessly-on-peoples-front-lawns.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:07:43 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis