Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528826 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1050 on: July 03, 2017, 10:49:48 pm »

History Channel Reveals the Secret Alien Nazi Story Behind Washington At Gettysburgh

Posted at 6:35 pm on July 3, 2017 by streiff

<..snip..>

On the one hand if is baffling how George Washington was associated with Gettysburg. Other than this being a military image and we all know that one war is pretty much like another it has nothing to do with Gettysburg. But, on the other hand, it is certainly no more egregious than a lot of the programming that channel runs.

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/07/03/history-channel-gettysburg/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #1051 on: July 05, 2017, 02:39:34 am »
This Guy Hilariously Photoshops Himself Into the ‘Glamorous’ Lives of Celebrities

http://twentytwowords.com/this-guy-hilariously-photoshops-himself-into-the-glamorous-lives-of-celebrities/?utm_source=socialmob&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=influencer&utm_content=2889

Yes its clickbait but damn its worth it.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1052 on: July 05, 2017, 03:17:24 am »
@Cripplecreek  Those are fun, thanks!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rodamala

« Reply #1053 on: July 06, 2017, 03:43:40 am »
" Bless this ship, and all who sail on her. I christen thee The Flying WASP.."

OKAY, DROP ANCHOR!

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #1054 on: July 06, 2017, 07:21:02 pm »
Behind the scenes with Ann Arbor's deer sterilization crew on a Friday night

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2017/07/ann_arbor_approves_481k_to_con.html

ANN ARBOR, MI - After years of heated debate, public outcry, protests and lawsuits over Ann Arbor's deer management program, the City Council quietly voted this week to continue it.

The council voted unanimously and without discussion Monday night, July 3, to approve a two-year contract with White Buffalo Inc. for continuation of surgical sterilization and sharpshooting services at a cost of up to $170,000 per year, or $340,000 over two years.

No members of the public showed up to speak for or against the proposal.

White Buffalo is the same contractor that was hired to carry out the city's second-annual deer cull and first-ever sterilization program this past winter. The Connecticut-based nonprofit wildlife control company now will continue its work in Ann Arbor for another two years.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #1055 on: July 06, 2017, 07:29:04 pm »
Deer Steers?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #1056 on: July 06, 2017, 07:30:12 pm »
Deer Steers?

Ann Arbor. The place is overrun with steers.

Wingnut

« Reply #1057 on: July 06, 2017, 07:44:00 pm »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1058 on: July 07, 2017, 11:46:10 pm »
I heard that when Chris Christie took his family to the state beach he closed during the New Jersey
budget standoff over the holiday weekend, he was helicoptered to the area---I bet they called the
flight Operation Dumbo Drop.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #1059 on: July 08, 2017, 12:06:26 am »
I heard that when Chris Christie took his family to the state beach he closed during the New Jersey
budget standoff over the holiday weekend, he was helicoptered to the area---I bet they called the
flight Operation Dumbo Drop.
Not to his face--they'd be walking a beat in Camden.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1060 on: July 08, 2017, 12:51:36 am »
Not to his face--they'd be walking a beat in Camden.
I didn't say they'd say it to his face. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #1061 on: July 08, 2017, 06:39:10 pm »
Airport near Mackinac Island reminds travelers to 'remove fudge from bags'

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2017/07/airport_notice_near_mackinac_i.html

SAULT STE. MARIE, MI - This has to be one of those "only in Michigan" moments.

It comes courtesy of Brighton author Charlene Kull, who captured this photo of a sign at Chippewa County International Airport near Sault Ste. Marie just before 7 p.m. on July 5.

As you can see, mixed among warning signs about removing items from your pockets and unpacking your leftover fireworks is a notice for passengers to remove fudge from their bags.

And after all that time I spent lovingly packing it too.  8888crybaby

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1062 on: July 08, 2017, 06:59:26 pm »
Been there, had the fudge.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1063 on: July 08, 2017, 08:01:43 pm »
And after all that time I spent lovingly packing it too.  8888crybaby

If you're going to pack fudge, you have to be ready to pull it out when you are told to.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1064 on: July 08, 2017, 08:07:12 pm »

If you're going to pack fudge, you have to be ready to pull it out when you are told to.

Anything to please the Crown.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #1065 on: July 08, 2017, 08:07:34 pm »
Childish bathroom humor.  Why I am just appalled at the both of you.

Been there, had the fudge.....

Not a single ping to this thread was forwarded to me.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:07:54 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #1066 on: July 09, 2017, 12:22:34 am »
Childish bathroom humor.  Why I am just appalled at the both of you.

Not a single ping to this thread was forwarded to me.

When in doubt I whip it out

I got me some Mackinaw fudge.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #1067 on: July 09, 2017, 12:28:39 am »
Please unpack fudge.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1068 on: July 09, 2017, 01:20:45 am »
When in doubt I whip it out

I got me some Mackinaw fudge.

Where's mine? If it is free for all.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1069 on: July 11, 2017, 02:43:05 am »
Genetically modified pink pineapples a hit on Instagram
By Ben Hooper Contact the Author   |     July 10, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Image result for pink pineapple plant

July 10 (UPI) -- Pineapples genetically modified to have a pink hue are arriving in stores and are already a hit on social media.

The season that brought social media sensations including the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino can now claim pink pineapples, which have been in development by companies including Del Monte and Dole since 2005.

(full article)
https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/07/10/Genetically-modified-pink-pineapples-a-hit-on-Instagram/1341499700674/?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=7
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

« Reply #1070 on: July 11, 2017, 12:07:53 pm »
Genetically modified pink pineapples a hit on Instagram
By Ben Hooper Contact the Author   |     July 10, 2017 at 12:01 PM

July 10 (UPI) -- Pineapples genetically modified to have a pink hue are arriving in stores and are already a hit on social media.

The season that brought social media sensations including the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino can now claim pink pineapples, which have been in development by companies including Del Monte and Dole since 2005.

Very Apropos that this wonderful pinkness was preceded by people fudge packing.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1071 on: July 13, 2017, 04:40:58 pm »
This isn't news...it's "olds"...  (and I find it interesting that neither of them was arguing for the pronunciation that's currently popular!)

The strange tale of the man who was shot point-blank for mispronouncing 'Newfoundland' — in the Old West
Mill workers in the frontier town of Larkspur, Colo., saw two men enter a cabin in search of a dictionary. Seconds later, they heard a gunshot
Tristin Hopper | January 14, 2016  8:14 PM EST | Last Updated July 13, 2017  11:33 AM EDT

Mill workers in the frontier town of Larkspur, Colo., saw two men enter a cabin in search of a dictionary. Seconds later, they heard a gunshot.

The Webster’s had not even been thumbed through when mill worker William Atcheson, 23, threw a punch. Teamster John P. Davis recovered and, “true to his Texan breeding and education,” drew a revolver and fired point-blank into his assailant’s abdomen.

The year was 1876 and Davis and Atcheson had just drawn first blood in a dispute that has divided Newfoundlanders ever since.

“One wanted to put the accent on ‘found,’ and the other on ‘land,’ ” said the Rocky Mountain News, which reported on the unusual brawl in its March 29, 1876 edition.

While the modern “noo-fn-land” is the undisputed leader in the battle over the correct pronunciation of the word Newfoundland, it arose out of a pitched struggle of rival inflections.

“It’s a generational thing, but just exactly what the dividing line is I don’t know, but if you’re born after 1970, chances are you primarily put the stress on the first syllable,” says Philip Hiscock, a folklorist at Memorial University and an expert on the Newfoundland dialect.

“And if you’re born before 1950, your primary pronunciation would be to stress the last syllable.”

Excerpt.  Read more at http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/the-strange-tale-of-the-man-who-was-shot-point-blank-for-mispronouncing-newfoundland-in-the-old-west/wcm/d21ba9a0-3e3e-47b6-b79b-4f4c71e65053
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #1072 on: July 17, 2017, 02:53:04 am »
‘Passed gas’ forces passengers from plane at Raleigh-Durham airport, spokesperson says
RALEIGH, NC (WNCN) -

A person who “passed gas” on an American Airlines plane on Sunday afternoon forced all passengers off the jet, officials said.

The incident happened when passengers on the flight became ill with nausea and headaches, according to a spokesperson with Raleigh-Durham International Airport.

The flight, which was not identified by RDU officials, landed at the airport around 4 p.m. when the incident was reported.

All the passengers were taken off the plane and after the incident was investigated it was determined that a passenger “passed gas,” the official said.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/35896677/passed-gas-forces-passengers-from-plane-at-raleigh-durham-airport-spokesperson-says

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1073 on: July 17, 2017, 11:16:03 am »
It's what happens when you have that Sarin cocktail in the airport bar before boarding.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1074 on: July 17, 2017, 03:17:19 pm »
Police: Pennsylvania Driver Taking ‘Selfie’ Before Crashing
July 17, 2017 11:02 AM
KDKA

BIGLERVILLE, Pa. (AP) – State police say a Pennsylvania driver crashed after he became distracted by taking a selfie.

Troopers from the Gettysburg barracks say the man was seen using a cellphone behind the wheel when he crashed after 8 p.m. Saturday night in Franklin Township. That’s in Adams County, about 35 miles southwest of Harrisburg.

Police didn’t immediately say whether the driver will be cited or charged in the crash. They say he was taken to York Hospital for moderate injuries and was wearing a seat belt when he crashed.

The car crossed the road, onto a grassy area, then went airborne before landing on a concrete slab and knocking over an Animal Wellness Clinic sign. Police say the car’s engine block and front wheels came off from the impact.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org