Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528530 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1000 on: June 24, 2017, 09:54:40 pm »
Well, the joint is back to normal, now that mischief is no longer afoot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mod1

« Reply #1001 on: June 25, 2017, 11:20:11 am »
Merging into Ridiculous News

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1002 on: June 25, 2017, 07:48:14 pm »
I'm betting she was huffing the Nitrous in the whipped cream.

Image resized - Mod2
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 01:03:08 am by Mod2 »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #1003 on: June 26, 2017, 12:57:11 am »
Nigeria: Court Remands American Over Alleged U.S.$565,000 Fraud

An American national, Marco Antonio Ramirez, was yesterday remanded in prison by an Ikeja High Court for allegedly defrauding three Nigerians of $565,000.The defendant who acted as the Managing Director of three firms, USA Now Plc, Eagleford Instalodge Group and USA Now Energy Capital, pleaded not guilty to a 16-count charge of fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud brought against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

According to the EFCC prosecutor, V.O Aigboje, Ramirez committed the offences between February and August 2013. He was accused of allegedly collecting $10,000 from one Olukayode Sodimu under the pretext of facilitating an American Green Card with the U.S. Immigration Services.

More: http://allafrica.com/stories/201706230458.html

:silly:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #1004 on: June 26, 2017, 01:01:26 am »
Baffling deli sign asks customers not to talk about math

June 16 (UPI) -- A Pennsylvania math professor shared a photo of an unusual sign at her local deli: "Please refrain from discussing mathematics while waiting in line."

Anna Haensch, professor of mathematics at Duquesne University, tweeted a photo she snapped while waiting near checkout at an unidentified deli in Pittsburgh.

"Please refrain from discussing mathematics while waiting in line," the sign reads.

"At the local deli. What could have happened to make them put up that sign??" Haensch tweeted.

More: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/06/16/Baffling-deli-sign-asks-customers-not-to-talk-about-math/5931497626979/

Your theories, please.

I'm going for: Someone attempted to explain to a blonde that 50% off is the same as buy one get one free.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1005 on: June 26, 2017, 01:35:37 am »

June 16 (UPI) -- A Pennsylvania math professor shared a photo of an unusual sign at her local deli: "Please refrain from discussing mathematics while waiting in line."

Anna Haensch, professor of mathematics at Duquesne University, tweeted a photo she snapped while waiting near checkout at an unidentified deli in Pittsburgh.

"Please refrain from discussing mathematics while waiting in line," the sign reads.

"At the local deli. What could have happened to make them put up that sign??" Haensch tweeted.

More: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/06/16/Baffling-deli-sign-asks-customers-not-to-talk-about-math/5931497626979/

Your theories, please.

I'm going for: Someone attempted to explain to a blonde that 50% off is the same as buy one get one free.

That one is fairly common around where I am. Lots of Deli's have them and it's understandable. I think they buy those signs online.

The sign the confuses me is on the door of a few establishments. It says,

Entry is not allowed if you are in possession of a chicken, in hand, in pocket, in a bag, or in a package of any kind.

There must be something behind it?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #1006 on: June 26, 2017, 01:40:14 am »
Your theories, please.

Probably screws up the cashier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drq63VbdpXU

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1007 on: June 26, 2017, 01:56:57 am »
I didn't order pie.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1008 on: June 26, 2017, 01:59:18 am »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1009 on: June 26, 2017, 02:34:35 am »
I had pie tonight.  Pumpkin.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1010 on: June 26, 2017, 02:44:50 am »
I had pie tonight.  Pumpkin.

My wife made a Mounds cake.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1011 on: June 26, 2017, 07:14:30 am »
"But Uncle Jed, everybody know pie aren't square, pie are round!"

Jethro Bodine

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1012 on: June 26, 2017, 07:15:49 am »
My wife made a Mounds cake.

That sounds yummy.

Never heard of one, what is it? 
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1013 on: June 26, 2017, 11:32:46 am »
That sounds yummy.

Never heard of one, what is it?

The wife bakes a devil's food cake in a 9"x13' pan. While it is still warm she pours a coconut chocolate syrup over it so the syrup soaks down through the cake. It is really rich.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #1014 on: June 26, 2017, 03:40:55 pm »

Your theories, please.

The poor professor would not enjoy traveling along Route 66, what with all of the "unorthodox" messages that are found in gift shops.  My favorite? My niece bought a sign that said, "When I grow up, I want to be just like Barbie...the bi--- has everything!"
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1015 on: June 26, 2017, 03:51:00 pm »
Sexagintuple Vanilla Bean Mocha Frappuccino: a $55 Starbucks drink

http://boingboing.net/2014/05/29/sexagintuple-vanilla-bean-moch.html

The Sexagintuple Vanilla Bean Mocha Frappuccino now holds the record for most expensive on-menu Starbucks beverage, coming in at a whopping $54; the 128 oz drink had 55 shots of espresso, with an estimated caffeine dose of 4.5g. Its owner, Andrew Chifari, spent about five days consuming it. He ordered it as his free bonus drink on the Starbucks loyalty card scheme, which gets him one free drink for every 12 (my own joke about this, worn as thin as onion-paper, goes like this: every tenth drink, I ask the folks at Giddy Up to give me "one of everything in a bucket with a piece of banana bread stuck in the top"). Andrew set out to break previous most-expensive-Starbucks-beverage record by enlisting the assistance of the baristas, as he explained to Consumerist:

The key step for Andrew’s world-record run was getting the baristas on his side. He walked up to the counter and laid out his goals. “So, this might sound a little weird, but I saw a video on youtube where a guy orders the most expensive Starbucks drink. I want to beat the record.” The cashier had seen the video, and through math and teamwork they figured out how to make a record-busting drink that would fit in his cup and break the record.
(more at the link)

http://boingboing.net/2014/05/29/sexagintuple-vanilla-bean-moch.html

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #1016 on: June 27, 2017, 07:11:45 pm »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #1017 on: June 27, 2017, 08:51:54 pm »
"This is Sparta!"

"Sod off, lad. This is how we roll in England."

Guy gets hit by bus and immediately heads to the pub

Video via the New York Post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9xl6NQzcQU&feature=youtu.be

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1018 on: June 27, 2017, 10:39:53 pm »
"This is Sparta!"

And immediately heads for the next pub. Where he was headed after he left the last pub.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1019 on: June 27, 2017, 10:42:46 pm »
And immediately heads for the next pub. Where he was headed after he left the last pub.

They're pretty serious about their warm beer on that side of the pond.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #1020 on: June 27, 2017, 11:05:40 pm »
"This is Sparta!"

The preacher man says it’s the end of time
And the Thames River she’s a goin’ dry
The interest is up and the Pound is down
And you only get mugged
If you go down town

English folks can survive!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1021 on: June 28, 2017, 12:20:00 am »

Whether I had just come from a pub or not, if that ever happens to me and I'm able to get up and walk away that handy pub will be my destination for sure! 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:20:35 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #1022 on: June 28, 2017, 08:35:34 pm »
Michigan daredevil killed in Niagara Falls plunge may have brought 7-foot snake along

NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. - A Michigan man who found himself in the spotlight for surviving a plunge over Niagara Falls in 2003 was found dead after he went over again.

According to the Associated Press, the body of 53-year-old Kirk R. Jones of Canton was pulled out of the water June 2 in Youngstown, where the Niagara River feeds into Lake Ontario.

Niagara State Park Police say Jones was attempting to complete a stunt with a large inflatable ball, but its purpose was a mystery.

However, investigators now think they have an answer as to why the ball took the fateful 180-foot plunge with the daredevil.

The AP reports that Jones may have brought a boa constrictor along for the ride. That's based on a website discovered by New York State Park Police following Jones' death in which there are photos of him and the 7-foot snake named Misty previewing his plans and selling T-shirts and photos.

"Believe in the Impossible Kirk Jones + Misty Conquer Niagara Falls NY 2017," read the site, which has since been taken down.

Investigators believe Jones died April 19, the same day tourists spotted an 8-foot plastic ball spinning in the Niagara River.

The snake hasn't been found, though an empty snake cage was found in Jones' parked van, AP reported.

Jones became the first person known to survive the plunge over Niagara Falls without a safety device in October 2003. That's when he climbed over a rail and into the water in an apparent suicide attempt.

The feat brought fleeting fame for the then-unemployed salesman. He had been out of the public eye in recent years.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/06/michigan_daredevil_killed_in_n.html#incart_river_home

Wingnut

« Reply #1023 on: June 28, 2017, 08:45:38 pm »
If at first you don't succeed......

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1024 on: June 28, 2017, 09:27:12 pm »
Jamestown resident ticketed for keeping fawn on second floor of house

http://wivb.com/2017/06/28/jamestown-resident-ticketed-for-keeping-fawn-on-second-floor-of-house/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024