Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528484 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #975 on: June 21, 2017, 04:16:54 am »
I don't think I could handle a live toe. Much less a drunk one.

Try the Mojitoe

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #976 on: June 21, 2017, 05:33:48 pm »
Woman who hid gun in her vagina gets probation in drug case

WACO, Texas (AP) - A Texas woman who police said packed a loaded pistol in her vagina has been sentenced to probation after she pleaded guilty to drug possession.

Ashley Cecilia Castaneda has been sentenced to 10 years on deferred probation for methamphetamine possession. The 33-year-old Waco woman also was fined $2,500.

Waco police say that when Castaneda was arrested in 2015, she told officers on her way to McLennan County Jail that she was packing a loaded handgun in her birth canal. Police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said a jail matron performed a cavity search and found the gun, right where Castaneda said she had hid it.

Castaneda's attorney, Seth Sutton, denied the story as impossible, but Swanton said the police department stood by it.

http://www.news9.com/story/35710497/woman-who-hid-gun-in-her-vagina-gets-probation-in-drug-case

There is no joke I could make that would be in good taste. Or even tolerable taste.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #977 on: June 21, 2017, 05:37:01 pm »

Can we talk about the toe some more?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #978 on: June 21, 2017, 05:42:52 pm »
Gives a whole new meaning to "you don't want to go there".

Offline thackney

« Reply #979 on: June 21, 2017, 06:39:20 pm »

S&W 629?  Ruger Super RedhHawk?

The important info has been left out of the story.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #980 on: June 21, 2017, 06:45:13 pm »
 :silly:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #981 on: June 21, 2017, 07:19:31 pm »
S&W 629?  Ruger Super RedhHawk?

The important info has been left out of the story.
Boys Anti tank rifle?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #982 on: June 21, 2017, 07:26:07 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #983 on: June 21, 2017, 08:04:55 pm »
30 mm Gau?
The Boys (Boyes, as I recall the spelling from my youth) was a .55 caliber rifle built to take on light armour. It was pretty much obsolete by 1942 as an anti-tank weapon.  I remember seeing ads for them with 100 or so rounds of ammo fairly cheap before the '68 GCA.

Some have been redone to shoot .50 BMG.

If you can carry it, it should be covered. The 30mm GAU is a tad large to pack around.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #984 on: June 21, 2017, 08:09:04 pm »
The Boys (Boyes, as I recall the spelling from my youth) . . .

It was "Boys"...named after the designer, Captain H.C. Boys.  I recall researching these when I was a wargamer in high school.  They were incredibly ineffective weapons for WWII tanks, except for lucky shots on the early tanks, practically doing more damage to the shooter than the target!  :laugh:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #985 on: June 21, 2017, 08:11:25 pm »
Gives a whole new meaning to "you don't want to go there".
Just another reason I'm not a jail matron. Ewwww.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #986 on: June 21, 2017, 08:15:11 pm »
Just another reason I'm not a jail matron. Ewwww.

Well, that and a whole lot of other reasons!   :silly:

Offline berdie

« Reply #987 on: June 22, 2017, 12:25:03 am »
Well, that and a whole lot of other reasons!   :silly:

First I wonder about the logistics and how that could even happen. Then I wonder if the gun was loaded. :thud:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #988 on: June 22, 2017, 12:31:53 am »
First I wonder about the logistics and how that could even happen. Then I wonder if the gun was loaded. :thud:

No worries unless she was pregnant. She might be able to hold it and aim it. But someone else would have to pull the trigger.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline musiclady

« Reply #989 on: June 22, 2017, 12:32:24 am »

That was actually the first thing I thought of when I read this.

Loaded?  And what if it fired?

NOT a good plan, lady.......     **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline verga

« Reply #990 on: June 22, 2017, 11:12:36 am »
Strangely enough, there was a guy here (Thursday) who was harassing people, peering in windows, acting weird, etc., downtown by the police station. The police, when they got there, said the guy told them he had gotten some bad meth and was looking for the good stuff. Asked them if they knew where the good stuff was. Wanted them to help in the search.
@bigheadfred When I read this the first time, I thought it said he was peeing in the windows. Whole different mental image.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #991 on: June 22, 2017, 02:53:43 pm »
A French fitness blogger has died from an exploding cream dispenser

A FRENCH fitness and lifestyle blogger has been killed in a freak accident, after a whipped cream dispenser exploded and fatally struck her in the chest.

The death of Rebecca Burger was announced by her family on social media, which they called a “domestic incident”.

According to the BBC, French media reported Ms Burger, 32, died of cardiac arrest after the accident - despite receiving medical treatment.

On Burger’s Instagram account, family members warned her fans of the dangers of the dispenser - warning that “thousands of defective devices” were in circulation.

More: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/a-french-fitness-blogger-has-died-from-an-exploding-cream-dispenser/news-story/147ef701fe2a71dd4e054d52c41d39a0

Sometimes the ridiculous is the universe itself.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #992 on: June 22, 2017, 03:02:58 pm »

A FRENCH fitness and lifestyle blogger has been killed in a freak accident, after a whipped cream dispenser exploded and fatally struck her in the chest.

The death of Rebecca Burger was announced by her family on social media, which they called a “domestic incident”.

According to the BBC, French media reported Ms Burger, 32, died of cardiac arrest after the accident - despite receiving medical treatment.

On Burger’s Instagram account, family members warned her fans of the dangers of the dispenser - warning that “thousands of defective devices” were in circulation.

More: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/a-french-fitness-blogger-has-died-from-an-exploding-cream-dispenser/news-story/147ef701fe2a71dd4e054d52c41d39a0

Cardiac contusion. 

Offline thackney

« Reply #993 on: June 22, 2017, 03:11:27 pm »

After reading the article, I am amazed you didn't include some pictures.  For example:

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

« Reply #994 on: June 22, 2017, 09:37:37 pm »

I have lived long enough to realize that there is no such thing as a coincidence and there are no freak accidents.

We all have it coming, I reckon.

Act accordingly.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #995 on: June 22, 2017, 10:14:32 pm »
I have lived long enough to realize that there is no such thing as a coincidence and there are no freak accidents.

We all have it coming, I reckon.

Act accordingly.

I'm betting she was huffing the Nitrous in the whipped cream.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #996 on: June 24, 2017, 11:08:31 am »
Lawsuit: Florida contractor fakes death to dodge angry homeowners

SEMINOLE — For weeks, Glenn Holland, 67, crawled out of bed before the sun rose to look for a dead man.

The retiree and Vietnam veteran spent several weeks on stakeout in his Ford F-150. Under the cover of darkness, he waited outside the home of a man he was told had died in a car crash.

For weeks, neither the Corvette, Hummer or pick-up truck in the driveway moved.

Holland nearly gave up. He waited one last time. It was 4 a.m. on a Friday in March.

Four hours later, the deceased walked outside and jumped into the truck.

Adrenaline shot through Holland. His heart started pounding. His mind raced:

Could Marc Anthony Perez be alive?

He was. The contractor who Holland said ripped him off, then faked his own death to get out of paying him back for a botched renovation, who left Holland and his cancer-stricken wife with nowhere to live, was still among the living.

More: http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/lawsuit-florida-contractor-fakes-death-to-dodge-angry-homeowners/2328232

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #997 on: June 24, 2017, 11:21:35 am »
There's a very not nice place for people who take advantage of veterans and people with cancer.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #998 on: June 24, 2017, 04:32:44 pm »
Human toe stolen from bar returned, with apology
by: Bob D Angelo, Cox Media Group National Content Desk Updated: Jun 24, 2017
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-now/human-toe-stolen-from-bar-returned-with-apology/539609570

There’s good news afoot -- the toe stolen from the Downtown Hotel Sourdough Saloon in the Yukon has been returned to its rightful owner, along with a letter of apology.

“We’re happy as clams about it,” Sue Taylor told the Alaska Dispatch News.Taylor is a “toe captain” at the bar in Dawson City.

The mummified human toe that disappeared early Sunday is used as a bizarre garnish for the saloon’s signature drink, the Sourtoe Cocktail.

In a news release, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said ...

More at the link: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-now/human-toe-stolen-from-bar-returned-with-apology/539609570

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #999 on: June 24, 2017, 05:30:35 pm »
I am pleased in toto.