Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 532460 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #950 on: June 19, 2017, 01:14:41 am »
This is probably one of my favorite threads on this board.

Barry Terry Larry and his raccoon still have me laughing. :laugh:

:laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #951 on: June 19, 2017, 01:15:55 am »
Man facing charges after taking lion for pickup truck ride

June 15 (UPI) -- Authorities in Pakistan said a man is facing charges after a viral video showed him driving around Karachi with a lion in the bed of his pickup truck.

The video, recorded in the Karimabad area this week, shows the black pickup cruising down a street with the lion casually lounging in the back, unrestrained by anything except a leash held by a man inside the vehicle.

The video was reported to police, who identified the lion's owner as Saqlain Jawaid, a Karachi pet dealer.

Authorities said Jawaid is expected to face charges including negligence and spreading fear and panic.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/06/15/Man-facing-charges-after-taking-lion-for-pickup-truck-ride/3751497548482/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #952 on: June 19, 2017, 01:27:53 pm »
Man who robbed store across street from own home heading to prison

JACKSON, MI - A man who was quickly located and arrested by police after he allegedly robbed a party store at gunpoint and then ran down the street to his home to count his stolen cash is heading to prison.

Jackson County Circuit Judge Thomas Wilson sentenced John Burgett to two-and-a-half to 10 years in prison for one felony count of armed robbery Thursday, June 15.

The charge stems from the incident that occurred the morning of Nov. 16, 2015, when Burgett, 25, allegedly pulled a handgun on a store clerk at Corner's Party Store, 501 W. Ganson St., demanded money and left with an undisclosed amount of cash, police said.

While being held at gunpoint, the store clerk recognized Burgett, who was undisguised, from multiple visits to the store including two earlier that day, police said.

The clerk and witnesses directed police to Burgett's home, a nearby house that could be seen from the store, where he was found inside counting the money he had just stolen.

Police recovered stolen cash as well as an airsoft pistol that Burgett brandished "as if it were real" during the robbery and arrested Burgett without incident, police said.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #953 on: June 19, 2017, 01:30:08 pm »
Man who robbed store across street from own home heading to prison

JACKSON, MI - A man who was quickly located and arrested by police after he allegedly robbed a party store at gunpoint and then ran down the street to his home to count his stolen cash is heading to prison.

Jackson County Circuit Judge Thomas Wilson sentenced John Burgett to two-and-a-half to 10 years in prison for one felony count of armed robbery Thursday, June 15.

The charge stems from the incident that occurred the morning of Nov. 16, 2015, when Burgett, 25, allegedly pulled a handgun on a store clerk at Corner's Party Store, 501 W. Ganson St., demanded money and left with an undisclosed amount of cash, police said.

While being held at gunpoint, the store clerk recognized Burgett, who was undisguised, from multiple visits to the store including two earlier that day, police said.

The clerk and witnesses directed police to Burgett's home, a nearby house that could be seen from the store, where he was found inside counting the money he had just stolen.

Police recovered stolen cash as well as an airsoft pistol that Burgett brandished "as if it were real" during the robbery and arrested Burgett without incident, police said.

Wow.. I'd say that wins the dumbass du jour award, but it's early yet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #954 on: June 19, 2017, 01:34:09 pm »

Ask and ye shall receive.

Drunk farmer ‘starts fight with his own pig but dies after having three fingers and his privates bitten off’

A FARMER has died after he brawled with a pig that bit him in the testicles and tore off three of his fingers, it has been reported.

The man was bitten in the privates and had three fingers severed in the brawl with his pig, it was claimed

El Debate reported that farmer Miguel Anaya Pablo, 60, died from an infection caused by the wounds he suffered during the brawl.

Miguel is alleged to have returned home drunk from a party and somehow begun fighting with the pig which he kept in his home.

The animal managed to bite his testicles and severe three fingers of his right hand, the paper claimed, and he was rushed to hospital.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3826112/drunk-farmer-starts-fight-with-his-own-pig-but-dies-after-having-three-fingers-and-his-privates-bitten-off/

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #955 on: June 19, 2017, 01:39:56 pm »
Just goes to show fighting with drunken pigs...drunks fighting sober pigs...Well, either way it's a bad deal. **nononono*

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #956 on: June 19, 2017, 01:47:57 pm »
Just goes to show fighting with drunken pigs...drunks fighting sober pigs...Well, either way it's a bad deal. **nononono*

Maybe there's something to the Alex Jones pigman army theory.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #957 on: June 19, 2017, 01:56:21 pm »

I want to play! Vote for Pedro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDj8kkVwisY
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #958 on: June 19, 2017, 04:59:01 pm »
Pigs can be vicious.  Well, obviously.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #959 on: June 20, 2017, 12:37:44 am »
Pigs can be vicious.  Well, obviously.

The smell of blood drives them to extremes.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #960 on: June 20, 2017, 08:34:33 am »
Human toe stolen from Dawson City bar

A human toe has fallen prey to some sticky fingers in Dawson City, Yukon.

And not just any toe — the gnarled digit is the essential ingredient in the famous "Sourtoe Cocktail" at the Downtown Hotel.

"We are furious," said the hotel's "Toe Captain," Terry Lee, in a news release. "Toes are very hard to come by."

The traditional Sourtoe Cocktail — a Klondike-inspired invention — involves a shot of whisky with the digit bobbing in the glass. The toe must touch the brave drinker's lips.

The hotel's posted fine for swallowing or stealing the toe is $2,500. It had been $500 until August 2013, when a patron gulped back the entire cocktail — toe and all — and slapped $500 on the table.

According to a news release on Monday, the hotel intends to fine and charge the thief "unless the Toe is returned safe."

More: http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/north/toe-stolen-yukon-dawson-city-sourtoe-cocktail-1.4168541

This one is going to be hard to beat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #961 on: June 20, 2017, 01:01:57 pm »
I'd like to know where they get replacement toes.  Well, maybe I don't.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #962 on: June 20, 2017, 01:14:52 pm »
Tastes like Toe-fu.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #963 on: June 20, 2017, 01:20:33 pm »
The Downtown Hotel is a Toe Bar?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #964 on: June 20, 2017, 04:25:52 pm »
The wife used to have to get on the phone at work and order body parts for the boss, but he was a Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon not a bartender. An amazingly lucrative business the buying and selling of body parts.............from the dead that is! :tongue2:

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #965 on: June 20, 2017, 04:31:19 pm »
Can Dick Morris account for his whereabouts?

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #966 on: June 20, 2017, 04:32:02 pm »

A toe truck of course.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #967 on: June 20, 2017, 05:10:16 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #968 on: June 20, 2017, 05:23:33 pm »

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #969 on: June 20, 2017, 06:17:17 pm »
:thud:

But only if you can foot the bill.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #970 on: June 20, 2017, 06:23:34 pm »
But only if you can foot the bill.

Enough with the corn!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #971 on: June 20, 2017, 06:35:09 pm »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #972 on: June 20, 2017, 09:12:55 pm »
The wife used to have to get on the phone at work and order body parts for the boss, but he was a Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon not a bartender. An amazingly lucrative business the buying and selling of body parts.............from the dead that is! :tongue2:

I don't think I could handle a live toe. Much less a drunk one.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #973 on: June 20, 2017, 09:14:01 pm »
Enough with the corn!

I know, right?

The last thing people want is a corn on their toe.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #974 on: June 20, 2017, 09:33:39 pm »
I know, right?

The last thing people want is a corn on their toe.

My very point.   888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.