Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528603 times)

Wingnut

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #925 on: June 12, 2017, 12:43:29 pm »
Spare the duct tape...spoil the job.

Coast Guard rescues Alaska man in homemade, duct-taped boat

June 11 (UPI) -- The U.S. Coast Guard in Juneau, Alaska, said crew members rescued a man whose homemade, duct-taped water craft was taking on water.

Coast Guard Station Juneau said the 32-year-old man was attempting to get to Point Bishop by rowing in the Gastineau Channel in his inflatable boat Wednesday. The crew saw his craft was taking on water and transported the man and his dog to Douglas Harbor.

"I noticed the craft in the channel and I could tell the man was not wearing a life jacket and the craft was not safe," Lt. Joseph Schlosser said. "I contacted the sector command center and the Station's smallboat crew responded quickly and helped the man to safety."

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/06/11/Coast-Guard-rescues-Alaska-man-in-homemade-duct-taped-boat/9261497196416/?spt=slh&or=1

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #926 on: June 12, 2017, 12:50:44 pm »
@240B my attitude has always been marry whomever you like, worship however you wish, as long as you are not torturing children or small fur bearing, or trying to convert me, I don't care.

@verga
Same with me. I think the entire 'gay' issue is overblown in the extreme. The homosexuals are making an issue of it not because they want to be 'equal'; what they want is to be 'special'. And I don't agree with that at all.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:52:32 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #927 on: June 12, 2017, 12:58:36 pm »
@240B my attitude has always been marry whomever you like, worship however you wish, as long as you are not torturing children or small fur bearing, or trying to convert me, I don't care.

That's just it. They are demanding that you convert over to their side. And it is NOT a request. It's an order.
Bake that cake or suffer the consequences.
Countdown to Resignation

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #928 on: June 12, 2017, 02:11:08 pm »
rainbow_swastika
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #929 on: June 14, 2017, 01:05:55 pm »
Kansas man who robbed bank to escape wife gets home-confinement sentence

A Kansas man who robbed a bank last September and told police that he was hoping to get caught so he would get prison time to escape his wife, was sentenced Tuesday to six months of home confinement after pleading guilty, The Kansas City Star reported.

Lawrence John Ripple took the guilty plea in January. He told the judge on Tuesday that he had heart surgery that left him depressed when he committed the bank robbery, the paper reported.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/kansas-man-who-robbed-bank-to-escape-wife-gets-home-confinement-sentence.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #930 on: June 14, 2017, 01:19:19 pm »
Sounds like it was the correct sentence based on extenuating circumstances.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article155936879.html

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #931 on: June 15, 2017, 11:58:51 am »
The Future's so bright I gotta wear shades.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #932 on: June 15, 2017, 12:08:48 pm »
That wild raccoon must have scared the bejeezus out of him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #933 on: June 15, 2017, 12:54:10 pm »

He should have explained that the raccoon has better vision in the dark and he was going my way....

Wingnut

« Reply #934 on: June 15, 2017, 12:57:34 pm »

I Am Groot.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #935 on: June 15, 2017, 01:02:26 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #936 on: June 15, 2017, 01:11:12 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #937 on: June 15, 2017, 01:12:18 pm »
Barry Larry Terry ... and my other brother Darryl. Er, Derry.  :pondering:

Great prank, though.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:13:19 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #938 on: June 15, 2017, 03:47:58 pm »
His ears look upside down.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #939 on: June 15, 2017, 07:10:19 pm »

I'd be scared too if I had a wild raccoon sitting on top of my head.....

(Where's Cong. Traficant when you need him??  :dx1:)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #940 on: June 15, 2017, 08:33:30 pm »
Traficant carried his pet ferret with him - on his head - everywhere he went. Except jail.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #941 on: June 15, 2017, 08:41:39 pm »
Traficant carried his pet ferret with him - on his head - everywhere he went. Except jail.

Barry Larry Terry would have been a great cellmate for Traficant.

He could have shared the raccoon on his head with Jim, who lost the ferret on his.  :dx1:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #942 on: June 17, 2017, 06:52:03 am »
Dumb criminal one today:

Police: Woman asked officers to check her needle for meth

PERU, Ind. – Police arrested a woman after they say she asked officers to check her needle for meth, according to WXIN.

Miami County Central Dispatch received a call on May 16 around 10:40 a.m. about a suspicious female at a residence in the 200 block of West Eighth Street in Peru, Indiana.

Officers say they identified the female as Sammi Y. Breeden, 20, of Peru.  She told them that she had been at another location in Peru earlier in the day where she had been using methamphetamine.

She said she shot up with a needle, but she didn’t think the substance was meth because it was making her feel different from her usual meth high.

More: http://wtkr.com/2017/05/17/police-woman-asked-officers-to-check-her-needle-for-meth/

How bloody high do you have to be to ask the cops to do meth quality control?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #943 on: June 17, 2017, 01:58:45 pm »
Dumb criminal one today:

How bloody high do you have to be to ask the cops to do meth quality control?

Strangely enough, there was a guy here (Thursday) who was harassing people, peering in windows, acting weird, etc., downtown by the police station. The police, when they got there, said the guy told them he had gotten some bad meth and was looking for the good stuff. Asked them if they knew where the good stuff was. Wanted them to help in the search.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #944 on: June 17, 2017, 09:16:30 pm »
'I'm going to hit you in the head,' woman named Miracle Crimes tells Springfield cop before allegedly kicking him in groin
Updated on June 17, 2017 at 8:09 AM Posted on June 17, 2017 at 8:01 AM
BY JACK FLYNN jflynn@repub.com

SPRINGFIELD - It started with a tray of doughnuts.

On May 30, Miracle Crimes allegedy hurled the tray at the assistant manager of the Pride Gas Station on Berkshire Avenue after being told to leave the store, according to the arrest report.

When police arrived, she resisted arrest and threatened to kill the officers before being Tasered and transported to police headquarters. Once there, she kicked an officer in the groin and renewed her threats, the report said.

"I'm going to kill you so call your kids and tell them goodbye," she said, according to the report.

Excerpt. Read more at http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/06/call_your_kids_and_tell_them_g.html

I think this is she, from a previous booking... the name "Miracle Crimes" can't be that common:

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #945 on: June 17, 2017, 09:18:54 pm »
Her parents must be so disappointed. They had dreams for her. No common crimes for her, but miraculous ones.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #946 on: June 17, 2017, 09:22:59 pm »
Indeed, Crimes was pregnant at the time of her arrest...

Betcha they could add rape to the charge sheet.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #947 on: June 17, 2017, 09:34:07 pm »
Strangely enough, there was a guy here (Thursday) who was harassing people, peering in windows, acting weird, etc., downtown by the police station. The police, when they got there, said the guy told them he had gotten some bad meth and was looking for the good stuff. Asked them if they knew where the good stuff was. Wanted them to help in the search.

I was in jail with a guy like that. He was sweating bullets. He go busted for buying crack cocaine. He was sweating it. Turns out they let him go.

He didn't have any cocaine on him at all. He was snorting powdered sugar. The Cops couldn't bust for a sugar rush. They had to let him go.

He spent like $100 on it. I've never seen anyone so happy that he was ripped off.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #948 on: June 18, 2017, 01:48:15 am »

I was in jail with a guy like that. He was sweating bullets. He go busted for buying crack cocaine. He was sweating it. Turns out they let him go.

He didn't have any cocaine on him at all. He was snorting powdered sugar. The Cops couldn't bust for a sugar rush. They had to let him go.

He spent like $100 on it. I've never seen anyone so happy that he was ripped off.
A friend was so whiskey drink one night he ran off down the road. Very worried about him, his wife called the police station (small town) and asked if they'd seen him. "Yep, we have him in custody". "Oh! Thank God!" she replied. Then she realized what she'd said...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #949 on: June 19, 2017, 12:20:40 am »
This is probably one of my favorite threads on this board.

Barry Terry Larry and his raccoon still have me laughing. :laugh: