Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528868 times)

Wingnut

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #875 on: June 07, 2017, 01:56:39 pm »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #876 on: June 07, 2017, 01:57:38 pm »
I thought everyone would figure it was satire when i posted it.  But in this mixed up, muddled up, shook up world where girls will be boys, and boys will be girls, and white will be black it's hard to tell anymore.  My bad.  :(

No bad!  I knew what it was the instant I read it and thought the author had a pretty good handle on things!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #877 on: June 07, 2017, 03:38:04 pm »
Peacock takes out $500 in wine after crashing liquor store
Amanda Lee Myers
The Associated Press
10:40 AM
Jun 7, 2017

ARCADIA, Calif. — A female peacock has ruffled more than just feathers at a Los Angeles-area liquor store.

Without a peep, the peahen strutted into the open door of the Royal Oaks Liquor Store in Arcadia on Monday. Store manager and college senior Rani Ghanem said he didn’t even know it was there until a customer walked in and asked him about “el pollo,” Spanish for “the chicken.”

Ghanem, a 21-year-old San Bernardino resident whose family owns the store, said he then tried to guide the sharp-clawed bird outside but that she spooked, at one point flying directly toward him and then up onto a top shelf of the store. ...

In all, Ghanem said the peahen was in the store for 90 minutes and broke $500 worth of the family store’s best bottles, including champagne.

“Yeah, he’s got expensive taste,” Ghanem joked in the store on Tuesday. “I’m like, ‘You break, you buy, dude.‘ But clearly he didn’t. He got away with it.” ...

Full story at Post-Gazette.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

« Reply #878 on: June 07, 2017, 03:41:30 pm »
Peacock takes out $500 in wine after crashing liquor store

I would be searching for wine marinated peacock recipes...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Wingnut

« Reply #879 on: June 07, 2017, 07:27:06 pm »
If they would have left him alone the gay dude would have left the store without all the drama.   But nooooo. they had to ruffle his plumage

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #880 on: June 07, 2017, 07:35:30 pm »
If they would have left him alone the gay dude would have left the store without all the drama.   But nooooo. they had to ruffle his plumage

"Female peacock".  Which I guess to be accurate should have been "a peahen".

Wingnut

« Reply #881 on: June 07, 2017, 07:41:07 pm »

I thought the boy cocks had the brightly colored feathers and strutted around tring to lure the plain and drab females to the bed  er nest

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #882 on: June 07, 2017, 08:49:30 pm »
I thought the boy cocks had the brightly colored feathers and strutted around tring to lure the plain and drab females to the bed  er nest

I suppose drab females can strut. 

Wingnut

« Reply #883 on: June 07, 2017, 08:53:33 pm »
 :nometalk:  I'm gonna just back away slowly from that one Sang.... 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #884 on: June 07, 2017, 08:54:11 pm »
:nometalk:  I'm gonna just back away slowly from that one Sang....

Probably a wise move.

Wingnut

« Reply #885 on: June 07, 2017, 08:59:45 pm »
Probably a wise move.

:0001:

I ain't no democrat so I know when to hold em and when to fold em!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #886 on: June 07, 2017, 10:03:17 pm »
Yep, and referred to as a 'her' instead of a 'he', at least in lieu of any evidence of gender confusion. The males have the blue/green and the ornate tail feathers, the hens are a dappled brown, and have far less ostentatious plumage. The hens are fairly large at maturity (Think the size of Guinea fowl), and have very long toes, but lack the spurs the males have.  They're a big enough bird to be a pain in a place like a liquor store or a china shop...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #887 on: June 08, 2017, 11:16:16 pm »
It's a slow news day in Kent:

Littlebourne: Birthday balloon for Zachary Starr defies the odds

A helium balloon bought to celebrate a special occasion will usually deflate within a couple of weeks.

But for A-level student Zachary Starr, the decoration purchased at Kent and Canterbury Hospital to mark his birth 18 years ago is still going strong.

The King’s School pupil, of St Vincent’s Close, Littlebourne, posed with the balloon ahead of his landmark birthday tomorrow.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/birthday-balloon-lasts-18-years-126911/

Posting in Ridiculous because it's not actually possible.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #888 on: June 08, 2017, 11:30:58 pm »

A helium balloon bought to celebrate a special occasion will usually deflate within a couple of weeks.

But for A-level student Zachary Starr, the decoration purchased at Kent and Canterbury Hospital to mark his birth 18 years ago is still going strong.

The King’s School pupil, of St Vincent’s Close, Littlebourne, posed with the balloon ahead of his landmark birthday tomorrow.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/birthday-balloon-lasts-18-years-126911/

That's unlikely.  I had a friend that did balloons for a living (she owned a shop) and she told me helium balloons never last.  The helium (He2) molecules are tiny, and go right through the latex balloon.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #889 on: June 08, 2017, 11:39:32 pm »
That's unlikely.  I had a friend that did balloons for a living (she owned a shop) and she told me helium balloons never last.  The helium (He2) molecules are tiny, and go right through the latex balloon.

Either it has been sprayed with some kind of acrylic coating to maintain its shape, or someone is surreptitiously refilling it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #890 on: June 08, 2017, 11:41:13 pm »

Either it has been sprayed with some kind of acrylic coating to maintain its shape, or someone is surreptitiously refilling it.

I suspect the latter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #891 on: June 08, 2017, 11:49:28 pm »
I suspect the latter.

We don't actually get to see the aged balloon. The picture, I assume, was taken when he was 18. Therefore, the entire story is word of mouth. God only knows why someone would make this up.

If they kept it in a hermetically sealed chamber of some kind, that has adjustable barometric pressure, then possible, maybe, conceivably, perchance, it could have lasted this long. But I doubt it.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #892 on: June 09, 2017, 12:07:40 am »
That's supposedly the balloon bought at his birth in the picture.

I don't believe this for a second - heavy steel tanks of helium will empty themselves after a few years.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #893 on: June 09, 2017, 12:14:31 am »
That's supposedly the balloon bought at his birth in the picture.

Oh! Well in that case there is no way. I am fairly sure the ink wouldn't last that long unless it is in a very dark cold place. It should fade over time. That balloon looks brand new. This is nonsense.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:15:40 am by 240B »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #894 on: June 09, 2017, 12:14:32 am »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline verga

« Reply #896 on: June 09, 2017, 01:55:54 am »

My aunt and uncle used to buy my cousin a new gold fish every time the old one died, took him years to figure out it was a different fish.... I'm just sayin......
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Wingnut

« Reply #897 on: June 09, 2017, 02:10:50 am »
My aunt and uncle used to buy my cousin a new gold fish every time the old one died, took him years to figure out it was a different fish.... I'm just sayin......

Knew a guy who would buy a new road bike every year.  But it had to be black so when his wife was in the garage she wouldn't notice the difference.
Just say'n...  he's divorced now seems that wasn't the only cheating he was doing.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #898 on: June 09, 2017, 03:12:30 am »
This is one of those little Mylar ones. It would have to be unusually well sealed, for starters.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #899 on: June 09, 2017, 10:00:29 pm »
EPD: Suspect allegedly shot man with shotgun shell filled with cereal

EUREKA, Calif. - Timothy Glass Jr., 29, Eureka, was arrested in Eureka for resisting arrest and probation violation after allegedly shooting a man with flare gun loaded with a shotgun shell filled with cereal, according to the Eureka Police Department.

More: http://www.krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/epd-suspect-allegedly-shot-man-with-a-shotgun-shell-filled-with-cereal/532087089

The victim declined to press charges. Don't know which is more ridiculous - shooting someone with cereal, or being shot by cereal.