Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528471 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #750 on: April 28, 2017, 03:55:18 pm »
Police warn of possibly drunk, 'very pushy' door-to-door meat salesmen

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2017/04/door-to-door_meat_salesmen_in.html#incart_river_home_pop

NORTHERN MICHIGAN - Michigan State Police are warning Northern Michigan residents of "scruffy" men going door-to-door trying to sell meat to residents.

MSP was contacted about two men in a small white pickup truck trying to sell meat out of the back of their pickup.

The men are described as "rough and scruffy." One has a dark complexion, is in his 50s and is heavy set. The other man is a white male with red-blond hair in his 30s with a medium build.

Could it be...........Fred Garvin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqEHtZHlsf0
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 04:00:01 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #751 on: April 28, 2017, 04:04:11 pm »
It bothers me a little that I knew who Fred Garvin was before looking at the YouTube.   :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #753 on: April 28, 2017, 04:29:27 pm »
Cremation of 'overly obese' corpse sets funeral home on fire
https://www.yahoo.com/news/cremation-apos-overly-obese-apos-124507710.html

A routine cremation at a Cincinnati funeral home took an unexpected turn when flames from an "overly obese" body spread, starting an unscheduled fire.

The "freak accident" took place at the Hillside Chapel Crematory in Ohio's third-largest city on Wednesday (26 April) night....
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline musiclady

« Reply #754 on: April 28, 2017, 05:05:36 pm »

A routine cremation at a Cincinnati funeral home took an unexpected turn when flames from an "overly obese" body spread, starting an unscheduled fire.

The "freak accident" took place at the Hillside Chapel Crematory in Ohio's third-largest city on Wednesday (26 April) night....

Oh, dear........... that's disturbing.

So many things I could say............................. but won't.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #755 on: April 29, 2017, 03:06:05 am »

Those "grease fires" can get away from you if you are not careful.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #756 on: April 29, 2017, 03:24:14 am »
Those "grease fires" can get away from you if you are not careful.

You bastid!  Get OUT of my brain...  :laugh:

(I thought the exact same thing)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #757 on: April 29, 2017, 02:01:42 pm »
You bastid!  Get OUT of my brain...  :laugh:

(I thought the exact same thing)

Once all that fat gets a burnin bout all you can do is stand back ...pop open a nice cold one  andbreak out weenies to roast Cuz that sucker is gonna be intense.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:03:12 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #758 on: April 29, 2017, 02:09:42 pm »
Once all that fat gets a burnin bout all you can do is stand back ...pop open a nice cold one  andbreak out weenies to roast Cuz that sucker is gonna be intense.

I thought you were supposed to call the fire dept so they could run in there and spray a bunch of water on it!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:09:59 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #759 on: April 29, 2017, 02:11:09 pm »
pie crusts
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

« Reply #760 on: April 29, 2017, 02:29:03 pm »
I thought you were supposed to call the fire dept so they could run in there and spray a bunch of water on it!

My bil set his carport on fire one thankgiving when he over filled the deep fat turkey fryer with oil and dropped the bird in it.  Once all that oil hit the flames it was all down hill.....and very entertaining.  He had spread  news paper out under the fryer to keep any grease splatters from staining the cement.  There is a reason they say oil and water don't mix.....once the water from the hose hit that paper and oil it looked like a scene out Tora Tora Tora...large fire barges floating on the water setting fire to everything in its path.   

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #761 on: April 29, 2017, 02:33:29 pm »
My bil set his carport on fire one thankgiving when he over filled the deep fat turkey fryer with oil and dropped the bird in it.  Once all that oil hit the flames it was all down hill.....and very entertaining.  He had spread  news paper out under the fryer to keep any grease splatters from staining the cement.  There is a reason they say oil and water don't mix.....once the water from the hose hit that paper and oil it looked like a scene out Tora Tora Tora...large fire barges floating on the water setting fire to everything in its path.

ROFLMAO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gn895y4wkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3F4c5o4J7M

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:35:50 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #762 on: April 29, 2017, 02:33:49 pm »

@Wingnut @Bigun And that, dear friends, is why you never try to put out a grease fire with agua.

I've fried a few turkeys, and I love them.  Mrs. Liberty, not so much so we don't do it very often.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #763 on: April 29, 2017, 02:38:24 pm »
@Wingnut @Bigun And that, dear friends, is why you never try to put out a grease fire with agua.

I've fried a few turkeys, and I love them.  Mrs. Liberty, not so much so we don't do it very often.

We fry one or two (depending on how many folks are coming) every thanksgiving but we try not to kill anyone or burn the place down in the process!

Once you've experienced a properly fried turkey the baked ones will never work for you again.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #764 on: April 29, 2017, 02:40:09 pm »

True Dat.   Even in the crematorium.  ,)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #765 on: April 29, 2017, 02:40:31 pm »
ROFLMAO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gn895y4wkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3F4c5o4J7M

I noticed at the end when the guy was doing it "properly" by lowering the turkey slowly it still had the plastic pop-up timer thingy.  Unless you want your turkey to taste like vaporized plastic it's best to pull that out and trash it.

A lot of the danger is because of the gas burner, which I used one time.  It was difficult to control the temperature with that, so I bought a much safer electric model with a thermostat.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #766 on: April 29, 2017, 02:42:31 pm »
We fry one or two (depending on how many folks are coming) every thanksgiving but we try not to kill anyone or burn the place down in the process!

Once you've experienced a properly fried turkey the baked ones will never work for you again.

The problem the Mrs. has with it is you don't get drippings for gravy and no stuffing.  I find the meat beyond wonderful.  If I want a fried bird, it has to be in addition to another whole turkey. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #767 on: April 29, 2017, 02:47:01 pm »
Although it says indoor I use it in the garage....I prefer oven baked so I do one turkey in the fryer and one in the oven with stuffing...

http://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.K44633.html?sc=PSCH
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

« Reply #768 on: April 29, 2017, 02:51:29 pm »
Although it says indoor I use it in the garage....I prefer oven baked so I do one turkey in the fryer and one in the oven with stuffing...

http://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.K44633.html?sc=PSCH

Nice. But pricey.  One would have to do more than a few birds a year to make it pay off.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #769 on: April 29, 2017, 02:57:45 pm »
Frying a bird outside doesn't fill the house with delicious baking turkey scents.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #770 on: April 29, 2017, 03:10:17 pm »
I noticed at the end when the guy was doing it "properly" by lowering the turkey slowly it still had the plastic pop-up timer thingy.  Unless you want your turkey to taste like vaporized plastic it's best to pull that out and trash it.

A lot of the danger is because of the gas burner, which I used one time.  It was difficult to control the temperature with that, so I bought a much safer electric model with a thermostat.

We use the same burners we use with the fish fryers with no problems at all!  The key is making sure the bird is THROUGLY thawed out and at room temperature before you slowly lower it into the peanut oil.  And you have to have one of those new fangledy thermometer thingys!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #771 on: May 03, 2017, 01:12:10 am »
This is sort of sad, so I'm not completely convinced it belongs here.

Lightning strike kills 32 cows near Cabool

As he does every morning, Texas County dairy farmer Jared Blackwelder started milking his cows around 4 a.m. Saturday. He finished up just before daylight and headed back to the barn. He was about to lock the gate when lightning struck hard and close.

"It was so bright I couldn't hardly see," he said. "It just brought fire down the fences."

Later in the day when it was time to milk again, Blackwelder returned to the field and found 32 of his certified organic cows dead....

http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2017/05/01/lightning-strike-kills-32-cows-near-cabool/101161336/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #772 on: May 03, 2017, 02:17:12 am »

Well those certified organic cows are certified pre cooked steak now.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #773 on: May 03, 2017, 03:52:30 am »

Ridiculous doesn't always have to be funny. It fits.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #774 on: May 03, 2017, 10:59:26 am »
If you are a vegetarian this is one big missed steak.