Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528561 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #600 on: April 12, 2017, 07:22:08 am »
Amid allegations of unpaid taxes, neo-Nazism, and sex offender, Denver furry convention canceled

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/amid-allegations-of-unpaid-taxes-neo-nazism-and-sex-offender-denver-furry-convention-canceled

I'm not providing an excerpt for this. Not so much for the subject matter, but it's so badly written and so complicated you need a GPS to navigate the story.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #601 on: April 12, 2017, 09:26:08 am »
Amid allegations of unpaid taxes, neo-Nazism, and sex offender, Denver furry convention canceled

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/amid-allegations-of-unpaid-taxes-neo-nazism-and-sex-offender-denver-furry-convention-canceled

I'm not providing an excerpt for this. Not so much for the subject matter, but it's so badly written and so complicated you need a GPS to navigate the story.

Just wow.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #602 on: April 12, 2017, 12:55:45 pm »
Well, "Furries" do claim to be just like everybody else.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #603 on: April 12, 2017, 02:36:18 pm »
Cross my heart - I didn't look for this. It just appeared on my feed.

Woman takes therapy dog to furry convention thinking it’s an event for pets

Furry conventions are not a place you take your pet – but one woman didn’t realise until it was too late.

So you can imagine Cheryl Wassus’ shock when she turned up with her therapy dog, Link, only to find a huge group of humans dressed as animals.

Cheryl and Link’s adventure was documented in a series of hilarious tweets by her son, Kenny Wassus.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/12/woman-takes-therapy-dog-to-furry-convention-thinking-its-an-event-for-pets-6569875/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:36:46 pm by EC »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #604 on: April 12, 2017, 03:14:00 pm »
Cross my heart - I didn't look for this. It just appeared on my feed.

Woman takes therapy dog to furry convention thinking it’s an event for pets

Furry conventions are not a place you take your pet – but one woman didn’t realise until it was too late.

So you can imagine Cheryl Wassus’ shock when she turned up with her therapy dog, Link, only to find a huge group of humans dressed as animals.

Cheryl and Link’s adventure was documented in a series of hilarious tweets by her son, Kenny Wassus.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/12/woman-takes-therapy-dog-to-furry-convention-thinking-its-an-event-for-pets-6569875/

Maybe Ms. Wassus met someone nice there?  Aren't they all lovers of cute pets?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #605 on: April 12, 2017, 08:41:21 pm »
East Palestine Police: 8-year-old drives 4-year-old sister to get cheeseburger

EAST PALESTINE, Ohio -

It wasn't a Big Mac attack, but a hankering for a cheeseburger that prompted an eight-year-old boy from East Palestine to get behind the wheel of his dad's van and drive to the local McDonald's with his 4-year-old sister.

East Palestine Police officer Jacob Koehler tells 21 News that the boy pulled up to the drive-thru window of the restaurant at around 8 p.m. Sunday after driving from his home where his parents were sleeping about a half mile away.

The boy just wanted to buy a cheeseburger at the Market Street restaurant, according to police.

“He looked up videos on YouTube on how to drive,” said officer Koehler, who adds that witnesses say the boy followed the rules of the road, stopping for lights and keeping within speed limits.

The children did get to eat at McDonald's while they waited for their grandparents to pick them up.

No charges are being filed, according to Koehler.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/35131203/east-palestine-police-8-year-old-drives-4-year-old-sister-to-get-cheeseburger

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #606 on: April 12, 2017, 08:46:55 pm »
“He looked up videos on YouTube on how to drive,” said officer Koehler, who adds that witnesses say the boy followed the rules of the road, stopping for lights and keeping within speed limits.

Maybe they should give him a driver's license since he's already doing better than 80% of the drivers on the roads today.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #607 on: April 12, 2017, 08:54:41 pm »
Maybe they should give him a driver's license since he's already doing better than 80% of the drivers on the roads today.
Just don't give him a DS or a cell phone....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #608 on: April 13, 2017, 03:17:59 pm »
Man eats 255 Peeps for World Record

http://kluv.cbslocal.com/2017/04/11/man-eats-255-peeps-in-5-minutes-to-break-the-world-record/

Why!?  Why would someone do this to his body?  According to the nutrition facts for Peeps, each one contains 7 carbs.  So he ingested 1785 carbs at one sitting, almost all of them pure refined sugar.  I would think he could have blown his pancreas out, or at least done some damage.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #609 on: April 13, 2017, 04:32:00 pm »
Man eats 255 Peeps for World Record

http://kluv.cbslocal.com/2017/04/11/man-eats-255-peeps-in-5-minutes-to-break-the-world-record/

Why!?  Why would someone do this to his body?  According to the nutrition facts for Peeps, each one contains 7 carbs.  So he ingested 1785 carbs at one sitting, almost all of them pure refined sugar.  I would think he could have blown his pancreas out, or at least done some damage.

And here I was thinking. "Only 255, that's not so hard bet I could do 256." Not that I plan to try. I like having my pancreas.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #610 on: April 13, 2017, 04:35:09 pm »
And here I was thinking. "Only 255, that's not so hard bet I could do 256." Not that I plan to try. I like having my pancreas.

Those things are just nasty anyway. The only thing worse are those marshmallow peanuts.

Silver Pines

« Reply #611 on: April 13, 2017, 05:31:04 pm »

Yes, DON'T, lol!

@Idaho_Cowboy

Silver Pines

« Reply #612 on: April 13, 2017, 05:32:36 pm »
Those things are just nasty anyway. The only thing worse are those marshmallow peanuts.

@Cripplecreek

That's the undeniable truth.  I tried to eat a circus peanut once, when I was a kid, and I gagged it right up.

I used to know a weird guy who loved Peeps, but only after they got stale and crusty. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #613 on: April 13, 2017, 05:54:29 pm »
Glamour model with 'biggest boobs in Europe' shocks fans with 'crispy brown' look after extreme tanning injections

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/glamour-model-biggest-boobs-europe-10217073

Link only. People are eating.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #614 on: April 13, 2017, 06:27:29 pm »
Glamour model with 'biggest boobs in Europe' shocks fans with 'crispy brown' look after extreme tanning injections

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/glamour-model-biggest-boobs-europe-10217073

@EC

YOU owe me a new keyboard!  :nono:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:27:58 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #615 on: April 13, 2017, 06:29:22 pm »
I did warn you ...   :shrug:

:laugh:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #616 on: April 13, 2017, 06:36:08 pm »

Warning was very insufficient for that!!   22222frying pan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #617 on: April 13, 2017, 06:39:17 pm »

@EC

She needs to be committed.  "I want to push it to the limit"....with a 50-tube tanning bed at home.  You moron, the limit comes when skin cancer kills you.

Those balloon boobs look like she has a fat person sitting on her lap.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #618 on: April 13, 2017, 06:42:32 pm »
@CatherineofAragon I'm surprised her boobs don't come to the boil every time she uses that tanning bed.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #619 on: April 13, 2017, 06:43:16 pm »
@CatherineofAragon I'm surprised her boobs don't come to the boil every time she uses that tanning bed.

I'm surprised she doesn't topple over whenever she tries to stand.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #620 on: April 13, 2017, 06:51:21 pm »
I'm surprised she doesn't topple over whenever she tries to stand.

Give it a few more years and she'll be tripping over them when she walks.  There's not a bra in the world that's up to that challenge.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #621 on: April 13, 2017, 06:58:32 pm »
You guys are being pretty generous with the pronouns.  That looks like a "he" to me.
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

« Reply #622 on: April 13, 2017, 07:18:39 pm »

@EC

Lolol

Wingnut

« Reply #623 on: April 13, 2017, 07:30:49 pm »

Seems like she got a plan.
kind of over board with that tan.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #624 on: April 13, 2017, 08:09:10 pm »
Looks like Al Jolson with a blonde wig and a couple of basketballs in a wifebeater tee.

C S Lewis