Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528655 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #550 on: March 30, 2017, 04:32:51 am »
As you sow, so shall you reap...?

Maybe I can teach my lab to paint...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 04:33:20 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #551 on: March 30, 2017, 03:08:19 pm »

Cast thy pig upon the paints and in many days he shall return unto thee a very rich pig.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #552 on: March 31, 2017, 01:49:46 am »
Man shot in back Wednesday almost shot again following day

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2017/03/man_shot_in_back_wednesday_alm.html#incart_2box_news_jackson

JACKSON, MI - A man shot in the back early Wednesday morning was almost shot again Thursday morning when a house he was at was hit by bullets several times.

At 4:35 a.m., March 30, police investigating shots being fired at a home in the 1000 block of Cypress Drive were surprised to find a man who had been shot a different Jackson house the previous day, Interim Director of Police and Fire Services Elmer Hitt said.

The man, 19, was inside the home with another man and woman, both 21, when several bullets flew through a back window and a front window of the home, Hitt said.

The bullets passed through the home, hitting no one, Hitt said.

Given the shared victim and the shooting's similarity to the 1 a.m. shooting , March 29, in the 1100 block of Blair Park Drive, police believe the two incidents are related, Hitt said.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #553 on: March 31, 2017, 02:01:33 am »
Isn't Jackson a little tiny burg, @Cripplecreek ?

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #554 on: March 31, 2017, 02:04:03 am »
Isn't Jackson a little tiny burg, @Cripplecreek ?

Around 30,000 people with a thriving hood.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #555 on: March 31, 2017, 02:08:14 am »
Around 30,000 people with a thriving hood.

Oh, bigger than I thought then.  Definitely the hood part.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #556 on: March 31, 2017, 02:12:49 am »

I've lived most of my life in the outlying areas of the county and only go to town when I must.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #557 on: March 31, 2017, 04:57:05 am »

I lived a couple blocks from where one of the shootings was.  It was a dump then, too....

Town industry is a Max Security prison.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #558 on: March 31, 2017, 09:45:20 am »
I lived a couple blocks from where one of the shootings was.  It was a dump then, too....

Town industry is a Max Security prison.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #559 on: March 31, 2017, 06:53:46 pm »

My Mastador paints things all the time, but he only works in shades of yellow :whistle:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #560 on: April 01, 2017, 12:08:22 am »
My Mastador paints things all the time, but he only works in shades of yellow :whistle:
Well, at least he's healthy...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #561 on: April 01, 2017, 08:11:50 am »
Not so much ridiculous, this one, as a mix of sad and incredibly clever.

Colorado woman's remains found under grave of WWII veteran

DENVER (AP) — A Colorado man who pleaded guilty Friday to killing his estranged wife more than two decades ago recently led authorities to her body, which was buried under the grave of a World War II veteran.

John Sandoval, 52, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and was sentenced to 25 years in prison for the 1995 death of Kristina Tournai-Sandoval.

As part of a plea deal, he told investigators March 22 the remains were buried at a Greeley cemetery.

Sandoval found an open gravesite early in the morning on Oct. 20, 1995, that was scheduled for a burial that afternoon. Prosecutors say he dug about 2 feet (0.61 meters) below the grave and buried Tournai-Sandoval's body, which was wrapped in several layers of industrial-grade plastic.

Cemetery workers then unknowingly buried the veteran over her remains.

More: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/Colorado-woman-s-remains-found-under-grave-of-11042572.php
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #562 on: April 01, 2017, 09:13:00 am »
Prosecutors say he dug about 2 feet (0.61 meters)...
For the writer:
Was that really important to the story? Does the .01 meters matter? Sorry, sometimes that stuff just seems absurd.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #563 on: April 03, 2017, 12:36:15 pm »
Anybody seen the new Carl's Jr ad?

Sr is back in charge. Burgers not boobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7H3DKMH1ms

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #564 on: April 03, 2017, 12:43:38 pm »

Good ad! :laugh:

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #565 on: April 03, 2017, 01:08:22 pm »

That's great!

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #566 on: April 03, 2017, 11:30:14 pm »
Judge bans man from returning to his hometown

MARQUETTE - Eugene Rantanen always found trouble back home in Baraga, drinking, using drugs and hanging with "bad influences" in the Upper Peninsula village.

"I've got to remove myself from that area," he admitted.

A federal judge did just that for him.

Rantanen, 28, is banished from Baraga County for nearly nine years.

Rantanen, apparently having second thoughts, didn't want a complete ban. He appealed the judge's order but it was upheld by a federal appeals court.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2017/04/man_banished_from_hometown_too.html#incart_river_home_pop

A jurisdictional eviction is something you don't see every day. I've only seen it once before and that was to take effect after the guy served 40 years in prison.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #567 on: April 04, 2017, 03:25:49 am »
Married woman ‘paraded on streets with lover after becoming stuck during sex’

A married woman has been paraded in the streets with a man she was ‘cheating with’ after they apparently became stuck together during sex.

A video reportedly showed them being transported in broad daylight on a street in Kenya.

They are said to have become entangled after having sex at a hotel called the Explor-Inn.

She is believed to have suffered from vaginismus – an involuntary muscle spasm that can have a variety of causes including a urinary tract or vaginal yeast infection.

It also has psychological triggers.

More: http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/03/married-woman-paraded-on-streets-with-lover-after-becoming-stuck-during-sex-6551978/

Actually saw this once - a couple wheeled into A&E dogknotted together. The ambulance crew got 10 out of 10 for not cracking a smile once, until they'd finished the delivery.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #568 on: April 04, 2017, 06:50:05 pm »
HILARIOUS: Leftists Fall For Mock Petition Blasting Israel For Not Letting Palestinians Fish In The DEAD SEA

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15040/leftists-fall-mock-petition-blasting-israel-not-elliott-hamilton#

On March 29, a guy named Ian Brown in the United Kingdom started a Change.org petition titled, "Stop Israeli apartheid against Dead Sea fishermen - make Israel give them a fair deal." The petition says the following:

Since Israel took control of the West Bank in 1967:

It has not issued a single fishing permit to Palestinian fishermen for fishing in the Dead Sea.
        Irrigation projects have reduced the supply of fresh water entering the Dead Sea.
        It has allowed millions of Zionist tourists to bathe in the Dead Sea and to remove minerals from it, whilst not a single fish has been legally caught by local fishermen.

Due to salinification, experts estimate that in 20 years' time there will be NO fish left in the Dead Sea. We need to act NOW.

The Tories have made precisely no statement about this issue since being elected in 2010. They clearly do not care about Palestinian fishermen.

This petition will be sent to Jeremy Corbyn, leader of Her Majesty's Opposition: as a self-described friend of Hamas and Hezbollah, we hope he can be relied upon to lead the fight against this Zionist aggression.

Offline verga

« Reply #569 on: April 04, 2017, 11:20:01 pm »
Married woman ‘paraded on streets with lover after becoming stuck during sex’

A married woman has been paraded in the streets with a man she was ‘cheating with’ after they apparently became stuck together during sex.

A video reportedly showed them being transported in broad daylight on a street in Kenya.

They are said to have become entangled after having sex at a hotel called the Explor-Inn.

She is believed to have suffered from vaginismus – an involuntary muscle spasm that can have a variety of causes including a urinary tract or vaginal yeast infection.

It also has psychological triggers.

More: http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/03/married-woman-paraded-on-streets-with-lover-after-becoming-stuck-during-sex-6551978/

Actually saw this once - a couple wheeled into A&E dogknotted together. The ambulance crew got 10 out of 10 for not cracking a smile once, until they'd finished the delivery.
A number of years ago an under age student at a local college and his equally under age girlfriend were performing mutual oral sex on each other and both of their braces began entangled in each others nether regions. they were taken out on a stretcher to the local hospital by ambulance. Because they were both minors the parents had to be notified before the "surgery" could be performed. A woman I know as the one that had to make the calls, neither set of parents were overly happy.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #570 on: April 05, 2017, 03:32:02 am »
Motorcyclist hit by flying object in Australia

4 April 2017 Last updated at 16:02 BST

This motorcyclist pulled out all the moves when he was hit by a flying object in a tunnel in Australia.

See Video: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-39493099

The object looked to be a matress and luckily, it turns out okay for the motorcyclist, sometimes one hears story of flying tires and all kinds of other things.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:32:54 am by TomSea »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #571 on: April 05, 2017, 04:06:06 pm »
OK everybody, get your shocked faces ready and hold onto something.

Barry Manilow comes out as gay at 73 and reveals his partner of 39 years

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/barry-manilow-comes-73-reveals-boyfriend-39-years/

Offline thackney

« Reply #572 on: April 05, 2017, 04:16:08 pm »
Nearly naked California woman claims she's a mermaid
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/05/nearly-naked-california-woman-claims-shes-mermaid.html

A woman was found nearly naked wandering down a street in Fresno, Calif., Tuesday and investigators there say they need help identifying her.

Fresno police said the woman was found around 3 a.m. near the Eagle Spring Golf & Country Club with wet hair. She identified herself as Joanna and told officers that she was a mermaid, Fox 5 San Diego reported.

The woman, who has two webbed toes on both feet, told officers she has been in the water but couldn’t answer many more questions.

Officials said she is 5-foot-4, weighs about 150 pounds and has brown eyes and hair.

Police ask that anyone with information to call 559-621-2455 or email Det. Paul Hill at paul.hill@fresno.gov.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #573 on: April 05, 2017, 11:44:38 pm »
Babysitter accuses woman of pistol whipping her in Youngstown

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Police said the events that led up to a woman pistol whipping her babysitter began Monday night when the family’s dog got loose while the woman was at work.

According to a police report, Helen Solinger, 33, was at work at Club 76 when she got a call from her babysitter that the family’s dog, Toby, had gotten loose. Police said Solinger was not happy about that and started cursing at the babysitter saying, “You better pray Toby is back when I get home or some Sh** is going to go down!”

When Solinger came home at about 11:30 p.m., the babysitter said she was intoxicated and began to argue with her. As Solinger’s children were asleep in their rooms, the babysitter said Solinger put a gun to her face and said, I’m gonna blow your brains out,” the report stated. The babysitter then told police that Solinger pistol-whipped her.

While the assault was taking place, the babysitter was face-timing her boyfriend on Facebook and when Solinger realized it, she took the phone and hung it up, the report said. She then put the gun back to the babysitter’s head and asked her for $20, according to a police report.

The babysitter told police that called her mom to pick her up and told Solinger she would have her mom bring $20.

After that, Solinger and the babysitter sat down at the dining room table and had a “calm conversation” before police arrived, the report stated.

At some point in the evening, Toby came back home.

More: http://wkbn.com/2017/04/05/report-dancer-pistol-whips-babysitter-in-youngstown/

The place the woman works, Club 76, is, of course, a strip club.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #574 on: April 05, 2017, 11:46:34 pm »
This one is just for the headline:

Man sexually assaulted barmaid after trying to insert pool balls into his rectum

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/man-sexually-assaulted-barmaid-after-trying-to-insert-pool-balls-into-his-rectum/story-29644095-detail/story.html#MxuMlkz5tH3ejHt7.99