Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528876 times)

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #500 on: March 20, 2017, 12:57:46 pm »
I do try not to let this thread get overloaded with "dumb criminals" type stuff, but the headline writers do make it difficult to resist sometimes:

Woman assaults mother with cheeseburger

Police are investigating after a woman assaulted her mother with a cheeseburger at an east-side McDonald's.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police were called to the McDonald's at 21st Street and Shadeland Avenue around 12:30 a.m. Sunday.

The two women got in a fight after the mom told her daughter she could no longer stay at her home, said IMPD Officer Aaron Hamer. The mom drove her daughter to someone else's house, but on the way, the daughter changed her mind about where she wanted to go.

The 60-year-old mother told officers her daughter, 39, started yelling at her, so she stopped at the McDonald's drive-thru. The daughter was screaming and yelling as they drove, Hamer said.

After stopping in the parking lot so other passengers in the car could use the bathroom, the mother told police her daughter said she wished her mom would die, Hamer said.

"While her daughter was seated in the front passenger seat she took a bite out of her cheeseburger," Hamer said. "The victim stated her daughter yelled 'B---h I outta kill you' and hit her in the left side of her face with her hand and the cheeseburger."

The mom told police she had pain on the left side of her face, and officers saw that she had ketchup and mustard down the front of her shirt. Pickles, ketchup and mustard were splattered across the interior door of the car. The mom's face was red and swollen, Hamer said.

The daughter got into another driver's vehicle and fled the scene, Hamer said.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2017/03/19/woman-assaults-mother/99387004/

I Can Haz Cheezeburger! 
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #501 on: March 20, 2017, 01:08:50 pm »
Pickles, ketchup and mustard were splattered across the interior door of the car. The mom's face was red and swollen, Hamer said.

A testament to the rich variety of ingredients that can be found in a Mickey-Dee's Cheezeburger.  My only question is, "Where's the cheeze?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #502 on: March 20, 2017, 01:13:20 pm »
A question I ask every time I buy one.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #503 on: March 20, 2017, 01:42:05 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

« Reply #504 on: March 20, 2017, 03:38:23 pm »
Not for me. @Hopalong Ginsberg would you use this on your kitties?

Can't - I don't have a licker license.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #505 on: March 20, 2017, 03:49:14 pm »
Can't - I don't have a licker license.

You got a CCW for that pun?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #506 on: March 21, 2017, 03:25:09 pm »
Cheerios gave away flower seeds to save the bees, but they could do harm

Cheerios gave away 1.5 billion wildflower seeds to aid ailing bee populations this month, the brand said, depleting its supply and smashing its goal of 100 million donated seeds.

But unwanted buzz abounds: The packets Cheerios sent out included seeds for plants deemed invasive in some states and outright banned in others. As Llifehacker noted, the seeds include those for forget-me-nots, banned as a noxious weed in both Connecticut and Massachusetts, as well as for the California poppy, listed as an "invasive exotic pest plant" in the southeast. Many of the seeds aren't native to any part of the United States, the site reported.

More: http://www.khou.com/news/nation-now/cheerios-gave-away-flower-seeds-to-save-the-bees-but-they-could-do-harm/424097897

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Saving the bees is a good thing - if the bees die, we die.
Giving away flower seeds - a good thing in and of itself, there's too little beauty in life anyway.
Spending 10 minutes making sure the seeds won't overpower the environments they are released in - waaaayyyy too much trouble.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #507 on: March 21, 2017, 03:48:31 pm »

Cheerios gave away 1.5 billion wildflower seeds to aid ailing bee populations this month, the brand said, depleting its supply and smashing its goal of 100 million donated seeds.

But unwanted buzz abounds: The packets Cheerios sent out included seeds for plants deemed invasive in some states and outright banned in others. As Llifehacker noted, the seeds include those for forget-me-nots, banned as a noxious weed in both Connecticut and Massachusetts, as well as for the California poppy, listed as an "invasive exotic pest plant" in the southeast. Many of the seeds aren't native to any part of the United States, the site reported.

More: http://www.khou.com/news/nation-now/cheerios-gave-away-flower-seeds-to-save-the-bees-but-they-could-do-harm/424097897

Giving away flower seeds - a good thing in and of itself, there's too little beauty in life anyway.
Spending 10 minutes making sure the seeds won't overpower the environments they are released in - waaaayyyy too much trouble.

I need to confirm this, but I the bees in the "big-bee-die-off-scare" are the imported European honey bees.  I believe our native bees are fine. 

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #508 on: March 21, 2017, 03:51:52 pm »
I need to confirm this, but I the bees in the "big-bee-die-off-scare" are the imported European honey bees.  I believe our native bees are fine.
Yeah, but we need them to pollinate our imported European crops.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #509 on: March 21, 2017, 03:56:30 pm »

I live in Phoenix.  A neighbor on the next street over planted his yard full of these and they were beautiful, but they're a major pest.  Now, almost every house on his street has yards full of them, and a few houses on my yard too.  Everybody's going through Roundup like it's going out of style.
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #510 on: March 22, 2017, 12:12:28 am »

I know someone who does bees for a living. There is a mite that carries a virus and when a hive gets infested/infected it can/does collapse.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #511 on: March 22, 2017, 12:19:38 am »

I know someone who does bees for a living. There is a mite that carries a virus and when a hive gets infested/infected it can/does collapse.

Exactly.  The commercial bees are susceptible.  Apparently, the natives are not.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #512 on: March 22, 2017, 01:23:55 am »

One issue that no one mentions is that at one time virtually every farm raised their own bees so there were a lot more of them around being cared for. Even when I was a kid in the 70s I knew of several local farms that had bee hives and sold honey. My grandmother's neighbor had bees when I was a kid and the farm behind the church also had hives.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #513 on: March 22, 2017, 02:26:38 am »
Excerpt:
Texas teacher charged for having sexual relationship with teen student smiles in mugshot

Her attorney, Jason Nassour, told KXAS-TV that she grinned in her mugshot because she knows she’s innocent.

"You've got a young lady who was arrested on the statement of a 17-year-old kid with no corroborating evidence. This isn't a guilty person sitting there like they just got caught," Nassour told the TV station. "When everything's fleshed out it won't be as it appears."

The Lockhart High School student often met Fowlkes in person and communicated through messages, police said, adding that they "engaged in sexual contact."

Continued: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/texas-teacher-charged-sexual-relationship-teen-student-smiles-mugshot-article-1.3004991

I'd lean towards the teacher in this case, being innocent. There's certainly a number of these stories. Not sure if this is ridiculous news but not important enough to put in regular national news..

Offline TomSea

« Reply #514 on: March 22, 2017, 02:30:06 am »
VIDEO: Bull rams 11-inch horn up matador’s butt during bout (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT)
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/bull-rams-11-inch-horn-matador-butt-bout-graphic-article-1.3004956

Hideous sport, the poor bull, bloody.  2017 nowadays, when will it finally be a nonsport? 2050 and still doing these things?

There's a Columbo detective TV show episode, where Ricardo Montalban played a retired bullfighter legend. That was pretty good.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #515 on: March 23, 2017, 01:35:43 am »
Congratulations to Pennsylvania! You've made it.

Burglar nets plant, single dollar, police say

ALLENTOWN, Pa.

A suspected burglar in Allentown, Pennsylvania, didn’t get away with much in a recent break-in.

Police said Maico Rosado Jr. broke into a closed bar earlier this week, The Morning Call reported.

Little did Rosado know, the bar’s general manager was sleeping in the basement.

When the shopkeeper found Rosado in the bar, he said Rosado was armed, and had stolen a $1 keepsake bill from the bar, The Morning Call reported.

A half hour after the bar break-in, police said Rosado struck again, breaking into a home by firing a shot through a window to get in.

The homeowner said after Rosado left, she noticed a plant was missing from her house.

More: http://www.ajc.com/news/national/burglar-nets-plant-single-dollar-police-say/yHPKGy40L2tHxzhGhrRoBK/
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 01:36:09 am by EC »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #517 on: March 23, 2017, 03:09:49 pm »
Hideous sport, the poor bull, bloody.  2017 nowadays, when will it finally be a nonsport? 2050 and still doing these things?

There's a Columbo detective TV show episode, where Ricardo Montalban played a retired bullfighter legend. That was pretty good.

You mess with the bull, you get the horn.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #518 on: March 23, 2017, 03:38:26 pm »
You mess with the bull, you get the horn.

Just be glad bulls don't have propellers.

Authorities ID Vicksburg man killed by airplane propeller

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2017/03/authorities_id_vicksburg_man_k.html#incart_river_home_pop

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #519 on: March 23, 2017, 04:54:58 pm »
Ontario doctor argued he was too obese to have rubbed erection against patients

TORONTO – An Ontario dermatologist who argued he was too obese to have rubbed his penis against female patients has been found guilty of professional misconduct.

Two patients alleged Dr. Rodion Andrew Kunynetz pressed his genitals against their legs during the course of an examination.

The Barrie, Ont., doctor maintained that it was impossible for his genitalia to come into contact with the legs of the patients because a fold of abdominal fat covered all or part of his genitals due to his overall obesity.

An Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons discipline committee found that the allegations of genitalia contact could not be proved, but determined there was contact with the doctor’s abdomen that was not accompanied by any form of warning, apology or excuse.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3326948/ontario-doctor-who-argued-he-was-too-obese-to-have-rubbed-penis-against-patients-found-guilty/

So basically, "I'm a fat bastard" is no longer an alibi?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #520 on: March 24, 2017, 02:48:54 pm »
PRI-MATES! Tourist lost in the Amazon rainforest for nine days says he was saved by MONKEYS who brought food and led him to shelter

The 25-year-old said the animals dropped pieces of fruit onto the ground from the branches above
By Caroline McGuire, Digital Travel Editor
24th March 2017, 1:47 pm
Updated: 24th March 2017, 2:05 pm

Continued: https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/3170647/tourist-lost-in-the-amazon-rainforest-for-nine-days-says-he-was-saved-by-monkeys-who-brought-food-and-led-him-to-shelter/

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #521 on: March 24, 2017, 02:54:14 pm »

The 25-year-old said the animals dropped pieces of fruit onto the ground from the branches above

Only when they were clean out of butt apples.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #522 on: March 24, 2017, 03:54:25 pm »
Only when they were clean out of butt apples.

Sounds like he was nutzoid enough not to know the difference. Or care.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #523 on: March 25, 2017, 03:36:28 pm »
Tennessee bills teen to replace guardrail that killed her

The state of Tennessee erroneously has billed a dead teen nearly $3,000 to replace the guardrail that killed her in a car crash in November.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/03/24/billed-for-guardrail-death/99601304/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #524 on: March 25, 2017, 08:51:40 pm »
I think I'll leave this one right here.  Brad's wife deserves nothing less.

http://www.boredpanda.com/brads-wife-fired-cracker-barrel/

#JusticeForBradsWife
I will NOT comply.