Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 532562 times)

Wingnut

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #475 on: March 16, 2017, 09:57:28 pm »
Yeah - she did custom orders, if I recall right.

Yup.  You read the same article.  That's where the big money was, too.

Didn't she have her boy friend test drive a few pair n special request.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #476 on: March 16, 2017, 09:59:18 pm »
It's not just the guys who are into this. Been selling my skivvies to chicks online for years. At least I think they are chicks? Prices very depending on the brand, material, and how the purchaser wants them enhanced.

:terror:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #477 on: March 16, 2017, 10:00:05 pm »
Didn't she have her boy friend test drive a few pair n special request.

I can't recall.  I can't check right now either because Cracked makes my company firewall scream.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #478 on: March 16, 2017, 10:01:20 pm »
German dog-walker has close call with coconut cannon

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
BERLIN — Mar 15, 2017, 7:03 PM ET

A dog walker in the German capital can be thankful he turned out to be a fruitless target after his close call with a coconut cannon.

The man was walking in an industrial area on March 1 when he heard a bang and a ball-shaped projectile flew past him, hitting a nearby lamppost....
http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/german-dog-walker-close-call-coconut-cannon-46157921
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #479 on: March 16, 2017, 10:02:43 pm »
German dog-walker has close call with coconut cannon

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
BERLIN — Mar 15, 2017, 7:03 PM ET

A dog walker in the German capital can be thankful he turned out to be a fruitless target after his close call with a coconut cannon.

The man was walking in an industrial area on March 1 when he heard a bang and a ball-shaped projectile flew past him, hitting a nearby lamppost....
http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/german-dog-walker-close-call-coconut-cannon-46157921

But, wait, there's more:

A 23-year-old man told officers he had helped to build the cannon for an art project in the Antarctic and wanted to test it before it was shipped.

Police said Wednesday they impounded the cannon and prosecutors are investigating whether it breaches arms control laws.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #480 on: March 16, 2017, 10:11:48 pm »
If there is any place on Earth that a coconut cannon would come in handy it is in Antarctica. Coconuts are everywhere and you can use them to shoot at the penguins. It will keep them at bay and prevent them from attacking so often.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #481 on: March 17, 2017, 12:54:02 am »
If there is any place on Earth that a coconut cannon would come in handy it is in Antarctica. Coconuts are everywhere and you can use them to shoot at the penguins. It will keep them at bay and prevent them from attacking so often.
At least that lets the swallows off the hook....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #482 on: March 18, 2017, 11:39:14 am »
Charity shop worker accidentally sells electrician’s toolbox while he is fixing light

A charity shop worker accidentally sold an electrician’s toolbox after he put it down for a moment.

Andrew Bickel, 39, was shocked when he found out his equipment (worth £200) had been sold for just £1 while he was away.

He had gone to his van to get a part he needed to fix a light at the store in Cardiff.

It was a job as a favour. They mentioned that they had a faulty light switch so I said I would come back and change the switch,’ he said.

‘I left my tools on a book case and went out to my van to get a switch. I came back in and my tools had gone.’

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/17/charity-shop-worker-accidentally-sells-electricians-toolbox-while-he-is-fixing-light-6517111/

It's the bolded bit that turns it into comedy gold. The last line turns it into diamond.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #483 on: March 18, 2017, 12:14:15 pm »
No good deed...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #484 on: March 18, 2017, 12:28:22 pm »
Burlington man accused of trying to poison wife with Visine
By Evan Bolin   Mar 16, 2017 10:56 PM CST

BURLINGTON (WKOW) -- A Burlington man is accused of using eye drops to poison his wife. 

Prosecutors say 45-year-old Darin Tiedt squirted Visine into his wife's soda, possibly for weeks, before she caught him doing it on Sunday.

Continued: http://www.wkow.com/story/34935863/2017/03/16/burlington-man-accused-of-trying-to-poison-wife

There is a record of using this as a poison in other cases, who knows how often this has occurred in cases we don't know of?

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/visine-poisoning-eye-drops-girlfriend/2013/03/11/id/494089/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/02/maryland-mom-accused-poisoning-young-sons-with-visine.html
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:35:40 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #485 on: March 18, 2017, 12:33:16 pm »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #486 on: March 18, 2017, 01:01:27 pm »
Mosque burglar: police ask for tips, release photos, say no evidence of hate crime

The Gadsden Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in identifying a burglar suspected of stealing from mosques.

Three Alabama mosques have been burglarized in the past week in Anniston, Gadsden and Tuscaloosa, police said.

Tuscaloosa police said a suspect entered the building using the security key code.

More: http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/03/mosque_burglar_police_ask_for.html

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #487 on: March 19, 2017, 01:21:44 pm »
Not so much ridiculous as it is interesting.

Stunning Great Lakes view shows we left our lights on last night

http://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2017/03/stunning_great_lakes_view_show.html#incart_river_home

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #488 on: March 19, 2017, 01:29:04 pm »
Not so much ridiculous as it is interesting.

Stunning Great Lakes view shows we left our lights on last night

Saturday night.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #489 on: March 19, 2017, 01:41:13 pm »
Saturday night.

Thursday actually. Last night was solid clouds here in the south.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #490 on: March 19, 2017, 02:49:47 pm »
Footballer accidentally thanks his wife and girlfriend in incredible man of the match speech

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/18/footballer-accidentally-thanks-wife-girlfriend-incredible-man/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #491 on: March 19, 2017, 02:50:28 pm »

Silver Pines

« Reply #492 on: March 19, 2017, 08:48:13 pm »
‘Lick’ your cat with the purr-fectly crazy Licki Brush!

I love cats, okay?  But if I got caught doing this, I would DESERVE to be sent to a rubber room.  Also smacked a few times.

@Freya

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/lick-cat-purr-fectly-crazy-licki-brush-article-1.2647084

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #493 on: March 19, 2017, 10:50:13 pm »

I love cats, okay?  But if I got caught doing this, I would DESERVE to be sent to a rubber room.  Also smacked a few times.

@Freya

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/lick-cat-purr-fectly-crazy-licki-brush-article-1.2647084

You're supposed to use it on a cat.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #494 on: March 20, 2017, 08:23:10 am »
The cats don't look overly thrilled by it either.  :tongue2:

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #495 on: March 20, 2017, 10:06:12 am »

@Freya

Thank god they don't make them for dogs.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #496 on: March 20, 2017, 10:26:57 am »

@Freya

Not for me. @Hopalong Ginsberg would you use this on your kitties?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #497 on: March 20, 2017, 11:25:56 am »

I'd be concerned about toxoplasmosis. Let the cat do its own licking. The dog does...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #498 on: March 20, 2017, 11:57:16 am »
I'd be concerned about toxoplasmosis. Let the cat do its own licking. The dog does...
Exactly. You would be stirring up a cloud of dander, mites, snd other filth, right under your nose and mouth. It would be like brushing your cat and then snorting whatever comes off like cocaine. This is an insanely bad idea.
Still waiting for someone to make the obvious sex joke with this. Surprised it hasn't happened already.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #499 on: March 20, 2017, 12:39:46 pm »
I do try not to let this thread get overloaded with "dumb criminals" type stuff, but the headline writers do make it difficult to resist sometimes:

Woman assaults mother with cheeseburger

Police are investigating after a woman assaulted her mother with a cheeseburger at an east-side McDonald's.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police were called to the McDonald's at 21st Street and Shadeland Avenue around 12:30 a.m. Sunday.

The two women got in a fight after the mom told her daughter she could no longer stay at her home, said IMPD Officer Aaron Hamer. The mom drove her daughter to someone else's house, but on the way, the daughter changed her mind about where she wanted to go.

The 60-year-old mother told officers her daughter, 39, started yelling at her, so she stopped at the McDonald's drive-thru. The daughter was screaming and yelling as they drove, Hamer said.

After stopping in the parking lot so other passengers in the car could use the bathroom, the mother told police her daughter said she wished her mom would die, Hamer said.

"While her daughter was seated in the front passenger seat she took a bite out of her cheeseburger," Hamer said. "The victim stated her daughter yelled 'B---h I outta kill you' and hit her in the left side of her face with her hand and the cheeseburger."

The mom told police she had pain on the left side of her face, and officers saw that she had ketchup and mustard down the front of her shirt. Pickles, ketchup and mustard were splattered across the interior door of the car. The mom's face was red and swollen, Hamer said.

The daughter got into another driver's vehicle and fled the scene, Hamer said.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2017/03/19/woman-assaults-mother/99387004/