Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528608 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #425 on: March 04, 2017, 07:15:07 pm »
It can.  Alcohol gets absorbed through the stomach lining in addition to the small intestine, especially if there are ulcers involved.
Some does, but according to Widmark's research it takes 45 minutes to go full post-absorbtive (to fully disseminate the alcohol throughout the system).
It is the lag between drinking and the effects 'hitting them'.
The higher the concentration of alcohol in the stomach fluid, the more the body will absorb in an attempt to distribute it equally throughout.
That's the reason someone can go in the bar, down a 4 or 5 shots, drive a short distance home and still be sober enough to get there. The alcohol will still be entering their system when they walk in the door.
If they get stopped, though, by the time they get tested, they've absorbed enough they get a DUI.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #426 on: March 04, 2017, 07:17:58 pm »
A good way to get dain bramaged.  The leftist idiot who shot US Representative Gabby Giffords in the face in Tucson was a product of an almost fatal dose of alcohol poisoning years earlier.
He had other problems long before that, iirc.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #427 on: March 04, 2017, 07:35:02 pm »

What I am saying is the kid probably had a high amount of alcohol/drugs in his system so it didn't take long for the huge amount consumed quickly to put him out. Chugging a fifth would have taken minutes and not seconds for a sober person to pass out.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #428 on: March 04, 2017, 07:58:18 pm »
What I am saying is the kid probably had a high amount of alcohol/drugs in his system so it didn't take long for the huge amount consumed quickly to put him out. Chugging a fifth would have taken minutes and not seconds for a sober person to pass out.
That's my guess, too. Kid should have stayed with beer.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #429 on: March 04, 2017, 08:25:03 pm »
He had other problems long before that, iirc.

Well, there was his mother.  Probably the largest detriment to his life.  The alcohol incident almost killed him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #430 on: March 06, 2017, 12:51:08 am »
Alcohol doesn't work that fast.
Assuming he started with the Tequila. He probably needed some liquid courage to agree to a bet that stupid.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #431 on: March 08, 2017, 02:50:42 pm »
Normally don't bother with the "dumb criminals" stuff in this thread - crime and ridiculous seem to go too well together - but this one was too delicious not to include.

Hours after being sentenced for theft, St. Paul man tries to steal again, charges say

Hours after he was sentenced for theft in Dakota County, authorities say a man tried to walk out of a St. Paul Sears store with layers of apparel he hadn’t paid for tucked under his clothing.
Alphonso Terry Whitelaw, 32, of St. Paul was charged Friday, March 3, 2017 in Ramsey County District Court with one count of first-degree aggravated robbery and another count of second-degree assault. He is accused of pulling a knife on a store employee after allegedly trying to steal clothing from a Sears in St. Paul. Photo courtesy of the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office.
Alphonso Terry Whitelaw

On his way out of the store, Alphonso Terry Whitelaw dropped a couple of pairs of jeans and a hoodie, catching the attention of a nearby employee trained to spot stealing, according to the criminal complaint filed against him Friday in Ramsey County District Court.

The complaint charges the 32-year-old with one count of first-degree aggravated robbery and a second count of second-degree assault for the Feb. 21 offense, which authorities say took place at Sears at 425 Rice Street

Store staff saw Whitelaw walk into a dressing room with a stack of clothing and walk out with much of the attire seemingly layered under his clothes and other articles stuffed into his clothing, the complaint said.

When the employee stopped him, Whitelaw pulled out a knife and said “Don’t touch me,” before fleeing, the complaint said.

Police later tracked Whitelaw down after the employee found a warrant of commitment for Whitelaw left behind in his dressing room. It indicated the St. Paul man had been been in Dakota County District Court on misdemeanor theft charges earlier that morning and had received a stayed sentence along with the paperwork forgotten in the dressing room, according to the complaint.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/06/hours-after-being-sentenced-for-theft-st-paul-man-tries-to-steal-again-charges-say/
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #432 on: March 08, 2017, 02:55:27 pm »
@EC It looks like he was either incredibly dumb, or looking for 'three hots and a cot'.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #433 on: March 08, 2017, 02:57:51 pm »
@EC It looks like he was either incredibly dumb, or looking for 'three hots and a cot'.

Well, there's this: 

Staff also found a love letter written by Whitelaw to his wife that promised he would soon “put a ring on her finger,” the complaint said.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #434 on: March 08, 2017, 03:16:57 pm »
Well, there's this:
If he'd meant it, he'd have mailed it...

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #435 on: March 11, 2017, 12:46:54 am »
Police: Batz brothers’ battle in the buff terrorizes apartment complex

Noah Batz (left), 24, and Timothy Batz, 21, were arrested in Indianapolis on Sunday after causing mayhem at an apartment complex. Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department
By Lisa Gutierrez  lgutierrez@kcstar.com

Residents of an Indiana apartment complex will likely never forget the day the Batz brothers battled in the buff.

Indianapolis police arrested Noah Batz, 24, and his younger brother Timothy, 21, after finding them walking around naked in a parking lot of the Lighthouse Landings apartments on the city’s south side Sunday afternoon, according to police.

The two had terrorized residents as they jumped on cars in the parking lot and yelled profanities at passersby, broke into vehicles and assaulted residents, according to police and eyewitness reports.

The brothers were naked all the while.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article137690348.html#storylink=cpy

The article goes on to mention one was smoking pot, the other mushrooms.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #436 on: March 11, 2017, 01:42:38 am »
Exactly, EC.

The letter of the law can be stupid, asinine, cruel, devoid of judgment or common sense, or any number of other appropriate descriptions.

If as humans we can't recognize and follow the spirit of the law, when the intent of the law is shown to be (see above descriptions), then we are too stupid and inhuman to exist.
@aligncare

It goes for antiquated laws as well, doesn't it?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #437 on: March 11, 2017, 02:02:20 am »
Exactly, EC.

The letter of the law can be stupid, asinine, cruel, devoid of judgment or common sense, or any number of other appropriate descriptions.

If as humans we can't recognize and follow the spirit of the law, when the intent of the law is shown to be (see above descriptions), then we are too stupid and inhuman to exist.

Its why juries have the irreversible right to find guilty men innocent.

THOMAS JEFFERSON (1789): I consider trial by jury as the only anchor ever yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its constitution.

JOHN ADAMS (1771): It's not only ....(the juror's) right, but his duty, in that case, to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgement, and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court.

ALEXANDER HAMILTON (1804): Jurors should acquit even against the judge's instruction...."if exercising their judgement with discretion and honesty they have a clear conviction that the charge of the court is wrong."

U.S. vs. DOUGHERTY (1972) [D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals]: The jury has...."unreviewable and irreversible power...to acquit in disregard of the instructions on the law given by the trial judge."

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #438 on: March 11, 2017, 02:15:26 am »

I happen to agree with this.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #439 on: March 11, 2017, 05:22:37 am »
Schoolchildren filmed fighting with stolen mops in the middle of the street

Mop-wielding schoolchildren brought the streets of Brixton to a standstill.

A huge brawl broke out in the streets of London yesterday, as youths – some still wearing their school uniform – smacked one another with stolen mops outside Brixton police station.

Dozens of kids were involved in the street fight, which had to be split up by police.

The police arrested two females and one male on suspicion of affray.

More, plus video: http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/10/schoolchildren-filmed-fighting-with-stolen-mops-in-the-middle-of-the-street-6500451/

:shrug:

Wingnut

« Reply #440 on: March 11, 2017, 04:03:03 pm »
I'd say that They weren't affray of nuthing.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #441 on: March 11, 2017, 06:15:25 pm »
Stop shitting up my thread.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 06:18:05 pm by EC »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #442 on: March 11, 2017, 07:03:44 pm »
Stop shitting up my thread.
We dindu nuffin', man.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #443 on: March 11, 2017, 07:07:30 pm »
 :tongue2:

Asked for clean up. Whoever did it missed my post.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #444 on: March 11, 2017, 10:43:46 pm »
Here is more on the Batz brothers, the story is so odd, I thought it could be fake but now, other mainstream sources report it. The mushrooms, undoubtedly, must have made them crazed.
'LOOK AT US!' Two brothers ‘on magic mushroom bender stripped naked, passionately kissed, smashed cars and punched neighbour in rampage’ at US apartment block

Noah Batz, 24, and Timothy Batz, 21, were arrested after allegedly taking eating the hallucinogenic fungi in Indianapolis, Indiana
By Lia Eustachewich, New York Post
11th March 2017, 5:01 pm
Updated: 11th March 2017, 5:02 pm

TWO brothers from Indiana stripped naked, “passionately” kissed and punched a woman in the face while on a magic-mushroom-fuelled bender that landed them behind bars, it has been reported.

Noah Batz, 24, and Timothy Batz, 21, allegedly went berserk last Sunday after eating the hallucinogenic fungi and running around an apartment complex in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, the New York Post reports.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3067001/brothers-magic-mushroom-naked-kissed-smashed-cars-punched-neighbour/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/naked-brothers-punched-woman-passionately-making-article-1.2993819

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #445 on: March 11, 2017, 10:51:09 pm »
She's lucky they weren't on bath salts, they'd have eaten her instead of kissed her and punched her...

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #446 on: March 11, 2017, 11:12:03 pm »
Here is more on the Batz brothers, the story is so odd, I thought it could be fake but now, other mainstream sources report it. The mushrooms, undoubtedly, must have made them crazed.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/naked-brothers-punched-woman-passionately-making-article-1.2993819

I've seen the effects of mushrooms + alcohol before, and it's pretty impressive.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #447 on: March 11, 2017, 11:15:44 pm »
Here is a fellow charged with a hate crime but if one reads his reasoning, he's absolutely nuts. Commit instead of punish? I'm not for leniency but this is crazy. Excerpted, there's more to the bizarre behavior at the link. 

Hate crime suspect attacks employee at Middle Eastern restaurant with pipe

Salem, Ore. — A 52-year-old Salem man was arrested and charged with assault and intimidation after he allegedly beat an employee at a Middle Eastern restaurant with a pipe.

Jason Kendall. Photo by Marion Co. Sheriff’s Office

Salem police responded to the Al Aqsa Restaurant around at 1326 State Street around 3:05 p.m. after they received a call that a man was punching and causing a disturbance in the area.

The suspect, Jason Kendall, told police he was walking past the restaurant on what he called “a warrior’s path” when he spotted a woman inside the building.

Kendall said he believed the woman was being held as a slave because of the type of shirt she was wearing. He said the shirt was a signal and it was “what Arabs do.”

Continued: http://fox4kc.com/2017/03/11/hate-crime-suspect-attacks-employee-at-middle-eastern-restaurant-with-pipe/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 11:17:11 pm by TomSea »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #448 on: March 11, 2017, 11:17:50 pm »
I've seen the effects of mushrooms + alcohol before, and it's pretty impressive.
Traipse thru cow pastures much?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #449 on: March 11, 2017, 11:21:15 pm »
Sounds like loco weed, the devil's weed, etc. Jimson weed.

I guess, a variety of mushrooms could do the same, after all, there are poisonous ones too.