Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528590 times)

Wingnut

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #325 on: January 31, 2017, 05:01:16 pm »
Please.  Like that's anything special.  Show me a man who DOESN'T hold on to the remote control and then I'll be impressed.

@Polly Ticks

Now you are just being mean!... 22222frying pan  Besides.  I have never known a women who knows the rules of etiquette when operating  your basic remote.

:silly: :silly:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #326 on: January 31, 2017, 05:05:58 pm »
@Polly Ticks

Now you are just being mean!... 22222frying pan  Besides.  I have never known a women who knows the rules of etiquette when operating  your basic remote.

Yes, but we know how to push buttons too.

Wingnut

« Reply #327 on: January 31, 2017, 05:10:17 pm »
Yes, but we know how to push buttons too.

Oh yes.  You certainly are good at pushing buttons!
 :sword:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #328 on: January 31, 2017, 05:18:17 pm »
@Polly Ticks

[Rex is Channel-surfing at a Slow Pace to find the Al's Toy Barn commercial]
Rex: I can't find it. It doesn't seem to be on any of these stations.
Hamm: Oh you're going too slow, let me do the job.
[Hamm starts Channel-surfing at a Breathtaking Speed]
Rex: It's too fast. How can you even tell what's on?
Hamm: I can tell.
[Hamm just skips right past the Al's Toy Barn commercial]
Rex: Go back, go back, you missed it!
Hamm: Too late, I'm in the 40's, gotta go around the horn!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:27:09 pm by Polly Ticks »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Wingnut

« Reply #329 on: January 31, 2017, 05:42:46 pm »

[Rex is Channel-surfing at a Slow Pace to find the Al's Toy Barn commercial]
Rex: I can't find it. It doesn't seem to be on any of these stations.
Hamm: Oh you're going too slow, let me do the job.
[Hamm starts Channel-surfing at a Breathtaking Speed]
Rex: It's too fast. How can you even tell what's on?
Hamm: I can tell.
[Hamm just skips right past the Al's Toy Barn commercial]
Rex: Go back, go back, you missed it!
Hamm: Too late, I'm in the 40's, gotta go around the horn!

888high58888  Perfect!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #331 on: February 06, 2017, 06:45:07 am »
Good Samaritan offers man a ride, winds up 'getaway driver' in Columbia bank heist
    JENNIFER TODD | Staff Writer Feb 1, 2017

A good Samaritan was an unwitting getaway driver in a bank robbery after offering a ride home to a man he met in a Columbia tavern Monday.

Greg Kreiser said he was just trying to help out the man when he expressed hesitation about driving after having a few drinks, and didn’t mind as the man asked if they could make a few stops on the way.

“He wanted to stop at Turkey Hill for cigarettes, wanted to check to make sure his car was OK,” Kreiser recalled.

“But then he started commenting on the dollar store, liquor store — and now I’m thinking to myself, ‘Now that’s kind of pushing it’.”

One stop Kreiser and his passenger did make was Union Community Bank at the Columbia Shopping Center, just outside Columbia Borough on Route 462.

He had no idea as he waited outside, that his passenger — later identified by police as Shannon E. Steckbeck, 50, of York County — was inside robbing the bank.

Continued: http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/good-samaritan-offers-man-a-ride-winds-up-getaway-driver/article_ffc789a4-e8cf-11e6-af3f-5f2b7bfa5560.html

Now, that is ridiculous.

I'd be afraid I couldn't convince the police I wasn't part of the robbery.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #332 on: February 06, 2017, 04:05:58 pm »
Ridiculous news of yesterday.

:silly:

Wingnut

« Reply #333 on: February 06, 2017, 05:24:58 pm »
Ridiculous news of yesterday.

:silly:

She was going to sacrifice a virgin but couldn't find one

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #334 on: February 14, 2017, 12:59:00 am »
New Zealand warns of exploding whale carcassess after mass stranding
https://www.yahoo.com/news/zealand-warns-exploding-whale-carcassess-071341411.html
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #335 on: February 14, 2017, 01:31:03 am »
New Zealand warns of exploding whale carcassess after mass stranding
https://www.yahoo.com/news/zealand-warns-exploding-whale-carcassess-071341411.html
Well, there's talk of cutting holes in them so they don't blow up, but either way, I wouldn't want to be downwind.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #336 on: February 14, 2017, 01:36:03 am »
Well, there's talk of cutting holes in them so they don't blow up, but either way, I wouldn't want to be downwind.

Sometimes things don't go as planned!  But this is an option

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD5sPgV61bw

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #337 on: February 14, 2017, 01:42:57 am »

That was an unmitigated splatterfest. (No wonder they try to push them back into the ocean.)  One half ton of dynamite just wasn't enough to achieve the level of particulate diffusion they wanted...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #338 on: February 14, 2017, 05:17:08 pm »

Nice
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #339 on: February 14, 2017, 11:22:38 pm »
Thieves steal trailer, motor, even seats, but leave the boat, Polk County deputies say

POLK COUNTY, Fla. - Thieves, in Polk County apparently wanted everything they saw – a trailer, motor, seats, fishing poles, tackle and more – but didn’t care much for the boat.

The Polk County Sheriff’s Office reported that a 21-foot Grizzly Bass Tracker was left behind when the trailer and everything on board was stolen from Homeland Avenue in Homeland.

The theft took place sometime between Jan. 31 and Feb. 1, investigators said.

The trailer that thieves made off with was a 1998 olive-green model with Florida license tag 367 4PZ, deputies said.

Also stolen were a 75-horse power outboard motor, trolling motor, four camouflage seats, the bow and stern lights, two batteries, rod holders and cleats, and fishing poles and tackle.

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/thieves-steal-trailer-motor-even-seats-but-leave-the-boat-polk-county-deputies-say/493907827
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #340 on: February 15, 2017, 12:38:36 am »
Maybe they already had a boat...

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #341 on: February 15, 2017, 12:44:21 am »
Maybe they already had a boat...

They already stole the boat and now they needed all the accessories.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #342 on: February 15, 2017, 12:46:53 am »
They already stole the boat and now they needed all the accessories.

So all they need to do is figure out who stole a POS boat...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #343 on: February 15, 2017, 01:01:15 am »
It was tweakers. They didn't steal anything. Just took it all apart. They'll put it back together later...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #344 on: February 15, 2017, 01:09:07 am »
It was tweakers. They didn't steal anything. Just took it all apart. They'll put it back together later...
Yeah. They'll make chairs out of the lights, lights out of the seats, and use the outboard for a room fan...

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #345 on: February 15, 2017, 09:21:04 am »
Police make personal injury claim against robbery victim

A man who was held at knifepoint in his home and had his car stolen has said he has been re-victimised by three personal injury claims made by police officers.

Terence Duffin's car was written off during a police chase.

He said he has now received civil claims from three police officers, even though he was not in the car.

The police said this was a private matter between the individual officers and the insurance companies involved.

Mr Duffin had just arrived home when two armed men forced themselves into his house in Newcastle, County Down, at the end of August 2016.

"They pushed me into the kitchen and proceeded to pull out carving knives," he said.

"The house was ransacked, items were stolen and they took my car."
Loss of confidence

He said police traced the car in Clough, County Antrim, and followed it to Belfast.

"It was on the Dunbar Link that the men rammed the police car and it wasn't until the Seven Mile Straight in Antrim that they were actually apprehended by police who had set up a road block."

Mr Duffin said he felt traumatised by the theft but that things were made worse when he was notified of the claims by his insurance company.

"I just couldn't believe this was happening to me," he added.

A Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) spokesman said it does not hold any information in relation to police officers making compensation claims against the owners of stolen vehicles.

More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38975662

**nononono*

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #346 on: February 15, 2017, 12:29:06 pm »
New Mexico Reporter Arrested for DUI

KOB in Albuquerque has been spending time on a campaign to try and get the drunk driving laws in New Mexico toughen up.

The station has been reporting on DUI loop holes and aggressively covering DUI cases in the area.

In December Reporter Joy Wang did a story on a Domino's driver that was killed by a suspected drunk driver.

But what was odd, when Wang herself was busted for drunk driving last week, the station has made no mention of her arrest.

Wang was arrested on February 8th and charged with aggravated DUI and leaving the scene of an accident. Sources say that Wang hit a car in a parking lot and drove off.

When police arrested her, she refused to take a DUI test. She was then charged with aggravated DUI.

Now, for a station that has aggressively been reporting on DUI cases, to suddenly ignore the arrest of one of their own, seems a bit unethical to say the least.

Wang has gone silent on social media and her bio remains on the station's website, where the last reads, "“If you’re not living on the edge, then you’re taking up too much space."

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/2/14/new-mexico-reporter-arrested-for-dui

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #347 on: February 16, 2017, 11:13:13 pm »
Maxine Waters Says Trump Is Part of ‘Kremlin Clan’ So He Should Be Impeached

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/rep-waters-says-trump-is-part-of-kremlin-clan-so-he-should-be-impeached/

Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.) charged President Donald Trump with being part of a "Kremlin Clan" on MSNBC's "All In With Chris Hayes" Wednesday night, and said he should be impeached because of it.

"I've come to conclude that Trump has the ‘Kremlin Clan' surrounding him and have been involved with him for a long time and you named some of them this evening," Waters told Chris Hayes.

She named former campaign chair, Paul Manafort, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, and former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn as members of the "Kremlin Clan."

"So, whether we're talking about any of them or Wilbur Ross or Carter Page, these are all people with ties that are documented with Russian and the Kremlin, and so I have named them ‘Trump's Kremlin Clan' because how is it that all of them with this background and with these connections end up in the same administration?" she asked.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #348 on: February 16, 2017, 11:33:12 pm »
Maxine Waters Says Trump Is Part of ‘Kremlin Clan’ So He Should Be Impeached

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/rep-waters-says-trump-is-part-of-kremlin-clan-so-he-should-be-impeached/

Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.) charged President Donald Trump with being part of a "Kremlin Clan" on MSNBC's "All In With Chris Hayes" Wednesday night, and said he should be impeached because of it.

"I've come to conclude that Trump has the ‘Kremlin Clan' surrounding him and have been involved with him for a long time and you named some of them this evening," Waters told Chris Hayes.

She named former campaign chair, Paul Manafort, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, and former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn as members of the "Kremlin Clan."

"So, whether we're talking about any of them or Wilbur Ross or Carter Page, these are all people with ties that are documented with Russian and the Kremlin, and so I have named them ‘Trump's Kremlin Clan' because how is it that all of them with this background and with these connections end up in the same administration?" she asked.

Just keep on beating that drum, Max.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #349 on: February 16, 2017, 11:50:36 pm »
"I have named them ‘Trump's Kremlin Clan' because George Soros is paying me a ton of money to say it."

@don-o  @Cyber Liberty
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley