Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528790 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #300 on: January 20, 2017, 01:52:30 pm »
Fun fact: Skittles contain gelatin, which is made from cow carcasses.

Keep that in mind when you read this story:

http://wbay.com/2017/01/18/skittle-spill-has-dodge-county-deputies-tasting-the-rainbow/
Well, I reckon they will consider all the different aspics of the problem.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #301 on: January 22, 2017, 02:44:35 am »
Great-grandma accidentally prays to Lord of the Rings figurine for years

A great-grandmother has been accidentally praying to a figure of Elrond, an elf from The Lord of the Rings, after mistaking it for a figurine of Saint Anthony, every day for years.

http://howdyearth.com/great-grandma-accidentally-prays-lord-rings-figurine-years/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2017, 03:07:22 am »
Trump supporters horrified to learn their hats weren’t made in US
By Reuters

January 21, 2017 | 11:42am

One of the biggest cheers President Donald Trump received from supporters watching his inaugural address on Friday was his call to “buy American and hire American.”

It was a moment rich in irony.

Many of those supporters were sporting Trump’s trademark red “Make America Great Again” baseball caps that were made in China, Vietnam and Bangladesh.

Some were horrified when they discovered their Trump hats were foreign made.

Rob Walker, 44, who had driven to Washington from Georgia with his wife Abby, 36, had stopped at a truck stop on the way to buy a “Make America Great Again” cap.

“Oh God, I hope it’s not made in China,” Abby said, flipping the cap over to check. She looked at its label. “China! Don’t tell anyone!”

<..snip..>

http://nypost.com/2017/01/21/trump-supporters-horrified-to-learn-their-hats-werent-made-in-us/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2017, 03:20:34 am »
And while we’re doing the Lord’s work by ministering to the needs of God’s creation, they [Republicans] are ignoring those needs, which is to dishonor the God who made them.”

Nancy Pelosi
1/20/17

http://theresurgent.com/pelosi-democrats-are-doing-the-lords-work/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2017, 03:54:45 am »
And while we’re doing the Lord’s work by ministering to the needs of God’s creation, they [Republicans] are ignoring those needs, which is to dishonor the God who made them.”

Nancy Pelosi
1/20/17

http://theresurgent.com/pelosi-democrats-are-doing-the-lords-work/

Nancy apparently thinks promoting abortion is the Lord's work.  I wouldn't want to be standing next to her when she finally meets Him.  Those are His children she is destroying.
God is still in control

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2017, 03:57:03 am »
Nancy apparently thinks promoting abortion is the Lord's work.  I wouldn't want to be standing next to her when she finally meets Him.  Those are His children she is destroying.

Almost made a comment about the Lord withering her where she stood for that bit of BS.

Then I remembered what she looks like.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #306 on: January 23, 2017, 04:47:53 pm »
Great-grandma accidentally prays to Lord of the Rings figurine for years

A great-grandmother has been accidentally praying to a figure of Elrond, an elf from The Lord of the Rings, after mistaking it for a figurine of Saint Anthony, every day for years.

http://howdyearth.com/great-grandma-accidentally-prays-lord-rings-figurine-years/
Elrond Patron Saint of Geeks and Fantasy Literature buffs.

I guess it's better than having a picture of Jesus that turned out to be Obi Wan.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #307 on: January 23, 2017, 04:51:23 pm »
Elrond Patron Saint of Geeks and Fantasy Literature buffs.

I guess it's better than having a picture of Jesus that turned out to be Obi Wan.

Or a plastic statue of Jesus that turned into a Bhudda when the interior of the car got too hot....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #308 on: January 24, 2017, 01:08:19 am »
Or a plastic statue of Jesus that turned into a Bhudda when the interior of the car got too hot....

Don Imus as the Rev. Billy Sol Hargis, 1972

Don Imus as the Rev. Billy Sol Hargis, 1980

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #309 on: January 27, 2017, 04:30:37 am »
St. Louis, MO.
Union man admits impersonating a deputy U.S. marshal
ST. LOUIS • A man from Union on Thursday admitted pretending to be a deputy U.S. marshal, the U.S. Attorney's office said.

Between January and October, Timothy Rossell, 29, was involved with a woman from Union and one who lived in Florida, prosecutors said. Both supported him “emotionally and financially,” lent him money and purchased luxury sports cars on credit for him, prosecutors said.

The 27-year-old Union woman knew him as Austyn Gardner, and the 27-year-old Florida woman knew him as Austyn Labella, court records show. The Florida woman said he persuaded her to buy a 2015 Lamborghini Gallardo and a 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z6, court records show.

A Lamborghini Gallardo on display in Bangkok, Thailand. Copyright: patrykkosmider / 123RF Stock Photo

Read More At: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/union-man-admits-impersonating-a-deputy-u-s-marshal/article_795b2c36-6178-5ec9-9377-76aa3080532b.html

What's up with this story? Where do you meet a woman who gets you a Lamborghini?

On Oct. 10, however, the Union woman found “suspicious paperwork” and counterfeit equipment, identification, badges and apparel from the U.S. Marshal Service, the U.S. attorney's office said.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:09:30 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #310 on: January 28, 2017, 09:29:01 pm »
Horse collapses and dies after big race in UK, file under "different" not really "ridiculous":

Cotswold Chase: Many Clouds dies after beating Thistlecrack at Cheltenham

Many Clouds collapsed and died after narrowly beating Thistlecrack to win the Cotswold Chase at Cheltenham's Festival Trials Day.

King George winner Thistlecrack caught Many Clouds close to the finish but the 2015 Grand National winner, ridden by Leighton Aspell, fought back to win.

Many Clouds collapsed after the winning post and was treated by veterinary staff before he was pronounced dead.

Trainer Oliver Sherwood said the 10-year-old was the "horse of a lifetime".

More: http://www.bbc.com/sport/horse-racing/38782368

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #311 on: January 28, 2017, 11:23:15 pm »
Horse collapses and dies after big race in UK, file under "different" not really "ridiculous":

@jmyrlefuller Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no.  I don't think this would fit on the Obit thread.  But I had to ping you for a heads up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #312 on: January 29, 2017, 12:26:08 am »
@jmyrlefuller Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no.  I don't think this would fit on the Obit thread.  But I had to ping you for a heads up.

I wonder how Thistlecrack feels? Having to go through life in second place. Knowing he'll never have another opportunity of beating a dead horse.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #313 on: January 29, 2017, 12:42:19 am »
I will NOT comply.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #314 on: January 29, 2017, 01:08:37 am »

I wonder how Thistlecrack feels? Having to go through life in second place. Knowing he'll never have another opportunity of beating a dead horse.

OK. While the initial story is more sad than ridiculous ... it stays thanks to this horrible pun.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #315 on: January 29, 2017, 02:27:04 am »
Yeah, I'd say that one's a bit too obscure to American audiences to include on the obit thread. If it were an American horse (such as Barbaro a few years back) I'd include it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

« Reply #316 on: January 30, 2017, 03:51:05 pm »

Nermin Halilagic, 38, poses in Bihac, Bosnia-Herzegovina. Halilagic discovered earlier this year that he had the unusual ability to attach items to his body using what he says is a special energy radiating from his body. Without making any special preparations, he says he is able to hold on to spoons, forks, knives, and other kitchen appliances, as well as nonmetal objects like remote controls, plastic items, and cell phones. (Reuters/Dado Ruvic)

http://www.rferl.org/a/top-shots-photos-of-the-week-4/28251658.html
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:53:26 pm by TomSea »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #317 on: January 30, 2017, 09:14:37 pm »

Nermin Halilagic, 38, poses in Bihac, Bosnia-Herzegovina. Halilagic discovered earlier this year that he had the unusual ability to attach items to his body using what he says is a special energy radiating from his body. Without making any special preparations, he says he is able to hold on to spoons, forks, knives, and other kitchen appliances, as well as nonmetal objects like remote controls, plastic items, and cell phones. (Reuters/Dado Ruvic)

http://www.rferl.org/a/top-shots-photos-of-the-week-4/28251658.html

hmmmmm, wonder how much he'd charge to help me re-organise my kitchen?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Wingnut

« Reply #318 on: January 30, 2017, 10:06:03 pm »
Talk about being stuck on stupid.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #319 on: January 30, 2017, 10:08:15 pm »

Or animal magnetism.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #320 on: January 30, 2017, 10:13:44 pm »
Y'all are just jealous. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #321 on: January 31, 2017, 12:07:49 am »

I can do something like that. I can throw my shorts against the wall and they stick.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #322 on: January 31, 2017, 12:08:36 am »
Y'all are just jealous.

Or properly bathed.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #323 on: January 31, 2017, 01:59:11 pm »

Please.  Like that's anything special.  Show me a man who DOESN'T hold on to the remote control and then I'll be impressed.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline TomSea

« Reply #324 on: January 31, 2017, 04:46:37 pm »
This is more like "off-beat" news but another sad incident where an animal (tiger) was shot in killed in a zoo because of a human trespasser. This happened in China; and they scared a few tigers off to begin with, with fireworks the articles say.  Sad nonetheless. The human died of his injuries as well. These trespassers must not have been aware of how the zoo was built or if they did, you'd get what you'd deserve going into a tiger's den.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2017/01/30/Tiger-mauls-man-in-front-of-crowd-at-Chinese-zoo/9031485758538/