Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528827 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #225 on: January 06, 2017, 03:42:52 am »
Thailand:

The way I see it, I'm not even sure if this guy suffers a serious injury but the video does show it was a serious situation. I don't think the crocodile tears his arm off, surprisingly once you see the video. Maybe they take the dangerous teeth out of the creature.

Horrific moment crocodile bites Thai keeper’s arm in half

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs8Bpy4FAOs
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/variety/2017/01/06/Horrific-moment-crocodile-bites-Thai-keeper-s-arm-in-half.html
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:44:16 am by TomSea »

Silver Pines

« Reply #226 on: January 07, 2017, 02:28:00 pm »
Thailand:

The way I see it, I'm not even sure if this guy suffers a serious injury but the video does show it was a serious situation. I don't think the crocodile tears his arm off, surprisingly once you see the video. Maybe they take the dangerous teeth out of the creature.

Horrific moment crocodile bites Thai keeper’s arm in half

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs8Bpy4FAOs
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/variety/2017/01/06/Horrific-moment-crocodile-bites-Thai-keeper-s-arm-in-half.html

@TomSea

Remove an animal's teeth because some idiot didn't have enough sense to understand you don't play with dangerous wildlife?  Just no.

Silver Pines

« Reply #227 on: January 07, 2017, 02:33:28 pm »
Maybe he’s born with it? Maybelline hires a DUDE to be the face of its new mascara (seriously)

The pictures....

I'm really glad I don't use Maybelline mascara.  It's crap, anyway.

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/01/06/maybe-hes-born-with-it-maybelline-hires-a-dude-to-be-the-face-of-its-new-mascara-seriously/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #228 on: January 07, 2017, 02:41:58 pm »
Maybe he’s born with it? Maybelline hires a DUDE to be the face of its new mascara (seriously)

The pictures....

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/01/06/maybe-hes-born-with-it-maybelline-hires-a-dude-to-be-the-face-of-its-new-mascara-seriously/

Well, I do did.

Silver Pines

« Reply #229 on: January 07, 2017, 09:23:40 pm »
Well, I do did.

@Sanguine

*Sigh*

Cover Girl makes some very good ones....Clump Crusher (lime green tube) and Professional Thick Lash (fuchsia tube) are my staples.  They get very good reviews on beauty product boards. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2017, 09:25:13 pm »
@Sanguine

*Sigh*

Cover Girl makes some very good ones....Clump Crusher (lime green tube) and Professional Thick Lash (fuchsia tube) are my staples.  They get very good reviews on beauty product boards.

Thanks, I'll look.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2017, 09:44:52 pm »

The pictures....

Wow.  Those are troubling photographs..........    **nononono*

What do you want to be when you grow up, little boy??

A mascara model.

Yikes!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2017, 09:46:59 pm »
I thought it was against the law to test beauty product on dumb defenseless animals?  Were the hell is PETA

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2017, 10:30:06 pm »
I thought it was against the law to test beauty product on dumb defenseless animals?  Were the hell is PETA

Good point.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2017, 11:44:02 pm »

That there just slayed me, Wingding.  :bigsilly:  I can always count on you for a good laugh!

True story:

A few years ago, someone was trying to "organize" my neighborhood with a website designed to get us talking.  There was this little posting forum set up, and somebody decided it would be a good idea to have a protest of an animal testing laboratory a company wanted to build in the city to create jobs.  They were posting times and locations to assemble.  I piped up!  I said, "Hey, this sounds like a great family event!  Let's meet up before we assemble.  I know a great BBQ rib joint and we can make a party out of it!"

For the life of me I don't know why the whole forum just died. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #235 on: January 08, 2017, 12:05:11 am »
That there just slayed me, Wingding.  :bigsilly:  I can always count on you for a good laugh!

True story:

For the life of me I don't know why the whole forum just died. :shrug:

Incredulous ain't it?

:pondering:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2017, 12:18:12 am »
@TomSea

Remove an animal's teeth because some idiot didn't have enough sense to understand you don't play with dangerous wildlife?  Just no.

@CatherineofAragon

There is nothing wrong with him, he is living in a very poor country compared to the US, these people have to get along to make ends meet. I think he's admirable and brave.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2017, 12:20:35 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2017, 12:26:40 am »

Silver Pines

« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2017, 01:14:42 am »
Wow.  Those are troubling photographs..........    **nononono*

What do you want to be when you grow up, little boy??

A mascara model.

Yikes!

@musiclady

My mother used to say she didn't know what the world was coming to.  Well, it's here now.

Silver Pines

« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2017, 01:16:54 am »
@CatherineofAragon

There is nothing wrong with him, he is living in a very poor country compared to the US, these people have to get along to make ends meet. I think he's admirable and brave.

@TomSea, when it gets warmer here I could go outside and find me a poisonous snake and drape it around my neck.  That wouldn't make me admirable and brave---it would make me a moron.  I wouldn't expect the snake to pay for my stupidity.

Wingnut

« Reply #241 on: January 08, 2017, 01:27:23 am »
@musiclady

My mother used to say she didn't know what the world was coming to.  Well, it's here now.

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world...Except for my Maybelline

Offline musiclady

« Reply #242 on: January 08, 2017, 01:33:38 am »
@musiclady

Wow.  My Mom used to say the same thing, and I haven't thought of that in years.

You're right.  The worst of the worst is happening.

It actually makes me thankful that my Mom is with the Lord now.  I don't think she could take the stuff happening here on earth......

@CatherineofAragon

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Silver Pines

« Reply #243 on: January 08, 2017, 01:49:46 am »
Wow.  My Mom used to say the same thing, and I haven't thought of that in years.

You're right.  The worst of the worst is happening.

It actually makes me thankful that my Mom is with the Lord now.  I don't think she could take the stuff happening here on earth......

@CatherineofAragon

@musiclady

Our loved ones up there aren't missing a thing.  They wouldn't come back if they could.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #244 on: January 08, 2017, 02:00:11 am »
@musiclady

Our loved ones up there aren't missing a thing.  They wouldn't come back if they could.

No, they wouldn't.   My Mom died before Bill Clinton, and I remember being glad she wasn't here to see the degradation in the White House.

She would be absolutely horrified with what's going on now.

@CatherineofAragon
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:00:34 am by musiclady »

Offline corbe

« Reply #245 on: January 08, 2017, 02:44:16 am »

Naked woman steals police truck

NBC News
January 07, 2017 02:17 PM

(KPNX)  A naked woman was taken into custody by Arizona police Thursday after stealing a Maricopa County Sheriff Deputy's truck and leading officers on a high-speed chase.

It began when the deputy responded to a call of a naked woman at a Shell gas station in Gila Bend.

Once the deputy arrived at the scene, he approached the woman, who told him she was sexually assaulted.

As the deputy attempted to find something for the woman to wear, she jumped in the deputy's truck and started to drive off, according to investigators.

"The next thing I know, I hear the sheriff's truck -- he had a pickup truck -- squeal out of here," said a witness at the gas station.

Read more: http://bit.ly/2hXHha3   SFW
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #246 on: January 08, 2017, 02:45:57 am »
   maybe it was 1 of Sheriff Joe's concubines getting out of dodge?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2017, 07:17:46 am »
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world...Except for my Maybelline
Reminds me of an Andrew Dice Clay nursery rhyme...
Little Boy Blue...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2017, 08:18:46 am »
@Wingnut  @Smokin Joe

Did ya hear what happened to Maybelline, Wingy?

Max Factor.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2017, 04:37:03 pm »
No, they wouldn't.   My Mom died before Bill Clinton, and I remember being glad she wasn't here to see the degradation in the White House.

She would be absolutely horrified with what's going on now.

@CatherineofAragon

@musiclady

My father was a classic old-style working class Democrat voter.  He supported Dems all of his life---that is, until Clinton came along.  My dad said he was as crooked as a fish hook, and thus became a Republican.