Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528471 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2016, 03:57:48 am »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/real-life-angry-birds-town-tries-to-rein-in-rowdy-turkeys/ar-AAjtFEP?OCID=ansmsnnews11

California town needs to rein in turkeys,  harassing people on the street.

Swans. Swans are vicious creatures.

Just arm the citizens with hatchets.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #176 on: November 01, 2016, 08:03:54 pm »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #177 on: November 01, 2016, 10:59:26 pm »
Woman badly burned after farting during surgery
http://nypost.com/2016/11/01/woman-badly-burned-after-farting-during-surgery/

...the fart ignited a laser...

That is one hot gas to ignite a laser.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #178 on: November 01, 2016, 11:20:59 pm »
...the fart ignited a laser...

That is one hot gas to ignite a laser.
Nobody proofreads anything anymore do they. Either that or this needs to be a cautionary tale about chili.  :smokin:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2016, 01:18:43 am »
So, It was silent..... but deadly?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #180 on: November 02, 2016, 01:23:46 am »
So, It was silent..... but deadly?

I doubt it was silent.  I'm imagining a loud "Whooof."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #181 on: November 02, 2016, 01:32:31 am »
I doubt it was silent.  I'm imagining a loud "Whooof."

Backdraft!

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #182 on: November 02, 2016, 04:41:15 am »
Goodness, gracious! Great Buns o' Fire!
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2016, 09:56:26 pm »
Bloomington, Indiana's mayor gets the a-ha! about naughty holidays . . .

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/news/local/mayor-cites-cultural-sensitivity-in-changing-names-of-two-city/article_82c50bb7-961c-5855-a527-221098977e1e.html

The mayor decides Columbus Day is "Fall Holiday" and Good Friday is "Spring Holiday."

We are terrifically proud of our diverse workforce at the city,” Hamilton wrote. “That diversity makes us
stronger and more representative of the public we proudly serve. These updated names for two days of well-merited
time off is another way we can demonstrate our commitment to inclusivity.
---Bloomington mayor John
Hamilton.

What's next, gang?

Groundhog Day to National Weather Day---Why the hell should the groundhogs get their own day? Are we
biased against other rodents?

Arbor Day to Flora Day---Who gave trees supremacy? What did the shrubs, the grass, the flowers, and the
herbs ever do to p@ss anyone off?

The Fourth of July to National Fireworks Day---Isn't this discrimination against British Americans? (If British Americans really do get P.O.ed at
the Fourth of July, no wonder they needed American help to win World War II . . .)

Veterans Day---What? The rookies don't deserve respect?

Presidents' Day---Wasn't the presidency supposed to be a co-equal branch? C'mon, the Constitution didn't get around
to the presidency until Article 2. Where's Congress Day? Or Supreme Court Day?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2016, 01:28:20 am »
Bloomington, Indiana's mayor gets the a-ha! about naughty holidays . . .

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/news/local/mayor-cites-cultural-sensitivity-in-changing-names-of-two-city/article_82c50bb7-961c-5855-a527-221098977e1e.html

The mayor decides Columbus Day is "Fall Holiday" and Good Friday is "Spring Holiday."

What's next, gang?

Groundhog Day to National Weather Day---Why the hell should the groundhogs get their own day? Are we
biased against other rodents?

Arbor Day to Flora Day---Who gave trees supremacy? What did the shrubs, the grass, the flowers, and the
herbs ever do to p@ss anyone off?

The Fourth of July to National Fireworks Day---Isn't this discrimination against British Americans? (If British Americans really do get P.O.ed at
the Fourth of July, no wonder they needed American help to win World War II . . .)

Veterans Day---What? The rookies don't deserve respect?

Presidents' Day---Wasn't the presidency supposed to be a co-equal branch? C'mon, the Constitution didn't get around
to the presidency until Article 2. Where's Congress Day? Or Supreme Court Day?

They will never change birthday to conception day because too many people don't get the concept.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2016, 04:04:13 pm »
They will never change birthday to conception day because too many people don't get the concept.
An idea that will sadly remain in its infancy.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2016, 07:54:44 pm »
An idea that will sadly remain in its infancy.

If not suffering crib death.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2016, 01:16:31 pm »
A story I can get behind,

Eating ice cream for breakfast makes you smarter, Japanese scientist claims.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/23/ice-cream-breakfast-makes-smarter-japanese-scientist-claims/

Ping- every female on this site!!!!

Yay!!!!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2016, 02:19:49 pm »
A story I can get behind,

Eating ice cream for breakfast makes you smarter, Japanese scientist claims.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/23/ice-cream-breakfast-makes-smarter-japanese-scientist-claims/

Ping- every female on this site!!!!

Yay!!!!

I'm a bit skeptical. How is eating ice cream for breakfast going to help a woman lighten up? It seems like a paradox.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 02:20:44 pm by bigheadfred »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2016, 02:23:01 pm »
Happy wife, happy life?.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2016, 07:12:58 pm »
It's a six year old article - but it's up there in terms of weird:

Here isn't the news: April 11, 1954... the most boring day of the 20th century
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2016, 10:44:34 pm »
It's a six year old article - but it's up there in terms of weird:

Here isn't the news: April 11, 1954... the most boring day of the 20th century

Ow! Thanks. That story put me to sleep so quick I banged my head on the kitchen table.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2016, 11:03:56 pm »
Ow! Thanks. That story put me to sleep so quick I banged my head on the kitchen table.

Oh, I dunno.  I admire the tenaciousness required to put that story together.  To isolate a day where nobody of note was born, nor died and nothing of note happened anywhere...I admire the writer.  That was a tall accomplishment.

Works better than Xanax.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline doghouse

« Reply #193 on: December 10, 2016, 09:53:51 pm »
the false news of the left is working overtime right now.  The claim is that our security services have proven that the russians caused trump to win the election and they are now calling for an armed response against our government.

Lock and load and pick out your targets.  Maybe we can take care of many birds with the same stones.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2016, 02:12:51 pm »
the false news of the left is working overtime right now.  The claim is that our security services have proven that the russians caused trump to win the election and they are now calling for an armed response against our government.

Lock and load and pick out your targets.  Maybe we can take care of many birds with the same stones.
How about some links to that stuff?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2016, 03:08:37 pm »
I didn't see anything about an armed response against our government, but WTH. Beats watching the NFL today.   :laugh:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiO68OPrOzQAhUNyGMKHV7ECwAQFggiMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Famericas%2Fdonald-trump-russia-helped-hackers-us-election-2016-a7466926.html&usg=AFQjCNGL8zREkER6epgLIdnzsdLpye1dPQ&sig2=65XutYbeF-su68BO-qRiSQ
Thanks, Fred!

The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has determined that Russia did in fact try to help Donald Trump win the US presidency rather than work to simply interfere with the election, according to a secret report conducted by the agency.

If the report is secret, what is this doing out in a foreign news source?
When has the Russian Government not tried to influence American elections, at least since WWII?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2016, 03:13:44 pm »
Thanks, Fred!

When has the Russian Government not tried to influence American elections, at least since WWII?

Where was the uproar back in 2004 when the Iranian Mullahs were buying the presidency for their man?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2016, 03:59:41 pm »
Thanks, Fred!

Every since news of hillary's public private server became public  'we' found it easier to hand over our secrets to foreign news sources for publishing. I am really, really grateful, too. It has saved me from countless hours poring over hundreds of millions of e-mails.  :silly:

Leif Erikson's voyage to America was a secret communist plot to lay down some groundwork for Russian post WWII American presidential elections meddling. So the damn Russians have been at it for a thousand years. And people worried about Hitler's Thousand Year Reich. sheesh

Offline corbe

« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2016, 06:27:09 pm »
After $85 million in family travel, Obama looks forward to 'decent vacation'

By Philip Wegmann • 12/13/16 5:13 PM

While moving out of the White House, President Obama will also be packing his suitcase for a holiday. The outgoing executive told Comedy Central's Trevor Noah that after eight difficult years he's looking forward to "a decent vacation."

No doubt Obama deserves one — of course, on his own dime this time. While in office, he's explored the Roman Coliseum, walked the Great Wall of China and snorkeled in Maui. Now during retirement, picking a decent destination will be truly difficult.

Dubbed "the ultimate tourist," by The New York Times, Obama seldom let a trip overseas go to waste. Diplomatic business trips doubled as Obama family vacations, like that time the president stopped in balmy Buenos Aires after swinging through tropical Havana, Cuba.

The 44th president has in fact visited every continent except Antarctica. Obama has told his aides that he wants to gaze on the frozen tundra, the New York Times reports. Unfortunately, duty has kept him from visiting. Often he's had to settle for a few rounds of golf and frequent weekend trips to Martha's Vineyard.

<..snip..>

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/after-85-million-in-family-travel-obama-looks-forward-to-decent-vacation/article/2609567?custom_click=rss#!

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.