Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528541 times)

Offline verga

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2725 on: December 05, 2020, 04:50:15 pm »
It's more than likely they won't, and probably never have shown him any discipline.
Saw an article after I commented that his $10,000 was posted that night. Years ago my cousin got into trouble. His Mother could not afford his bail and asked my parents to help out. My Dad said he would.... in the morning. My aunt was beside herself. My father her that she was free to have someone else do it. We bailed him out in the morning. I honestly don't know how much good it did, but it sure didn't  hurt.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2726 on: December 05, 2020, 11:28:49 pm »
He couldn't, he was ejected from the game for Unsportsmanlike Behavior.  He just felt like it was the thing to do, for whatever reason.
Yeah. That's why vengeance is a dish best served cold. I bagged one in college in an inter-mural game, took him off his feet and slid him a good 10 yards on the astroturf. Jerk had been ignoring violations by the other team (his dorm team).
I just said I was watching the play and coming in for the sack (another of our guys got the QB when I nailed him). "Sorry 'bout that...Here, let me help you up...." happy77 :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2727 on: December 17, 2020, 06:55:20 pm »
Police: Allegheny County Jail Inmate, Woman Charged With Child Sex Abuse After ‘Disturbing’ Virtual Visit
Jail officials were screening inmates' video visitation sessions on tablets when they noticed the "disturbing behaviors."
December 17, 2020 at 12:47 pm
By: KDKA-TV News Staff
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – An Allegheny County Jail inmate and woman are facing child sex abuse charges after a virtual visit.

County police say jail officials alerted them of “disturbing behaviors” while screening inmates’ video visitation sessions on tablets.

Police say while talking to 27-year-old inmate Justin Henderson, 23-year-old Natika Maddox was partially nude and performing sex acts on camera while her 22-month-old child was present.  ...
Rest of story at KDKA

The happy couple. Nice neck art.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2728 on: December 18, 2020, 04:46:34 am »
Police: Allegheny County Jail Inmate, Woman Charged With Child Sex Abuse After ‘Disturbing’ Virtual Visit
Jail officials were screening inmates' video visitation sessions on tablets when they noticed the "disturbing behaviors."
December 17, 2020 at 12:47 pm
By: KDKA-TV News StaffRest of story at KDKA

The happy couple. Nice neck art.
Yabbut....If she'd left the kid in the next room, that would have been child neglect.... :shrug:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #2729 on: February 13, 2021, 05:51:34 pm »
(CNN)This week, the world was introduced to Tessica Brown, a young woman from Louisiana who made possibly the most unfortunate haircare mixup in history. Instead of using regular hairspray on her hair, she grabbed a can of Gorilla Glue spray adhesive and went to town.

The result was, well, exactly what you think would happen if you coated your head in industrial-strength glue.
Her hair became an impenetrable helmet, and as her social media videos about the incident racked up millions of views, people became obsessed with her predicament.
Do you roll your eyes at someone who's gotten themselves into such a situation? Do you feel bad?
Cynicism or empathy: It's a choice we often face as we observe an endless parade of online strangers whipping out their mistakes, poor decisions and unfortunate mishaps for all the world to see.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/11/us/gorilla-glue-challenge-hair-tessica-brown-trnd/index.html
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2730 on: February 13, 2021, 10:24:01 pm »
Cynicism or empathy: It's a choice we often face as we observe an endless parade of online strangers whipping out their mistakes, poor decisions and unfortunate mishaps for all the world to see.
There's something very pathetic about people who share everything about their lives, even the most intimate and personal and nauseating stuff, on social media. Why are people so starved for attention? Why do college-age kids take dozens of photos of themselves every day and post them online, apparently hoping for "Oh, you're so beautiful" comments?  :shrug:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2731 on: February 19, 2021, 08:20:11 pm »
Bear Attacks Alaska Woman in Outhouse Toilet
by Bobby Burack
updated about an hour ago   

More bad news in America. While a woman was using an outhouse in the Alaska wilderness, a bear hiding in the toilet attacked her from behind and bit her butt.

“I got out there and sat down on the toilet, and immediately something bit my butt right as I sat down,” Shannon Stevens told AP.

“I jumped up, and I screamed when it happened.”

Awful, just awful.

Stevens’ brother heard her scream, ran to the outhouse, and lifted the toilet to see what had bitten her. It was a bear. ...  Outkick

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #2732 on: February 19, 2021, 08:24:59 pm »
Bear Attacks Alaska Woman in Outhouse Toilet
by Bobby Burack
updated about an hour ago   

More bad news in America. While a woman was using an outhouse in the Alaska wilderness, a bear hiding in the toilet attacked her from behind and bit her butt.

“I got out there and sat down on the toilet, and immediately something bit my butt right as I sat down,” Shannon Stevens told AP.

“I jumped up, and I screamed when it happened.”

Awful, just awful.

Stevens’ brother heard her scream, ran to the outhouse, and lifted the toilet to see what had bitten her. It was a bear. ...  Outkick

I'm not sure the bear should be held liable. He was obviously there first.  Unless it's a two-seater, proper etiquette would be to wait your turn.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2733 on: February 20, 2021, 09:12:34 am »
My reaction would lead to the bear being described much in the same way as if it had been kneewalking drunk...

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2734 on: February 21, 2021, 11:52:42 am »
Typical of the last year and a half in this world.  Everything is turned toppsy turvey.  Now we learn that Bears don't shit in the woods.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2735 on: February 21, 2021, 01:14:34 pm »
Typical of the last year and a half in this world.  Everything is turned toppsy turvey.  Now we learn that Bears don't shit in the woods.

@Wingnut

See what happens when people elect Dims? Or more correctly,people allow Dims to get away with electing themselves?

As Forest Gump,or maybe Boy Jorge Bush, used to say,"Whut wuz up is now doawn,n what wuz doawn iz now up! BTW,whurs mah mama? Ah think mah diapur needs changin."
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 01:15:48 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2736 on: February 21, 2021, 03:03:08 pm »

Well, technically that's not what we've learned... A bear may still sh*t in the woods...

What is true is this:

A bear sh*ts wherever the hell it wants to.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 03:04:09 pm by roamer_1 »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2737 on: February 23, 2021, 01:33:57 pm »
New York dad-to-be killed by exploding gender reveal device
By Tamar Lapin
February 22, 2021 | 5:15pm

A dad-to-be in upstate New York was killed when a device he was building for a gender reveal party exploded, state police said Monday.

Christopher Pekny, 28, was working on the device for his child’s gender reveal party in the Catskills town of Liberty when it blew up just before noon on Sunday, cops said.

The blast killed Pekny and injured his brother, 27-year-old Michael Pekny, who was treated for his injuries at the Garnet Medical Center in Middletown, according to police. ... Rest of story (which doesn't mention whether the baby is a boy or girl).

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2738 on: February 23, 2021, 02:28:16 pm »
What happened to just telling people,or putting up a balloon with "It's a boy!" or "it's a girl!" in your yard?

People need cannons now?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2739 on: February 23, 2021, 02:32:58 pm »
What happened to just telling people,or putting up a balloon with "It's a boy!" or "it's a girl!" in your yard?

People need cannons now?

At least he didn't start a forest fire this time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2740 on: February 23, 2021, 03:16:36 pm »
Cannons explode all the time, and they always have all throughout history.
In this case, he had a 'ceremonial' cannon which was meant to make a big noise.
That is to say, it was not designed to fire a projectile.
It exploded because he stuffed it with confetti (or whatever) and caused a backfire.
Or, he got excited and wanted to impress the crowd so he went crazy with the gunpowder, or both.
Bottom line is, backyard cannons are great 99% of the time, like lawn darts or smoking at the gas station.
But that 1% of the time, is deadly.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2741 on: February 23, 2021, 04:40:03 pm »

People need cannons now?
Handing out cigars with the appropriate label or ribbon them was healthier...
Smoking them was optional.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2742 on: February 23, 2021, 06:34:28 pm »
Bubble gum cigars, in shades of pink or blue, also are available.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2743 on: February 24, 2021, 12:26:19 am »
To be fair, if I had to live in Oregon, I'd probably drink a lot, too.
REPORT: Oregon Man Arrested For Allegedly Driving While Drunk Had A BAC Of .77
David Hookstead
February 23, 2021 5:23 AM ET

Oregon man Nathan Danzuka reportedly had the highest BAC ever recorded during a recent arrest.

According to results obtained by TMZ, Danzuka was arrested by Warm Springs police earlier in February for allegedly driving while drunk, and his BAC was allegedly .778 at the time of his arrest, which is nine times the legal limit.

TMZ reported that it’s the highest blood alcohol concentration on record. As of this time, charges are still pending. ...
Daily Caller

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2744 on: February 24, 2021, 01:54:34 pm »
What ever happened to parents who wait until baby pops out to learn if it’s a boy or girl?

To know in advance is like kids who open their Christmas presents before Christmas and then rewrap them hoping their parents won’t notice.

I wouldn’t want to know if I was pregnant.....
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2745 on: February 24, 2021, 10:18:28 pm »
What ever happened to parents who wait until baby pops out to learn if it’s a boy or girl?

To know in advance is like kids who open their Christmas presents before Christmas and then rewrap them hoping their parents won’t notice.

I wouldn’t want to know if I was pregnant.....
Interesting, there are a couple of ways to read that statement  :tongue2:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2746 on: February 26, 2021, 02:06:10 pm »
WAS GAGA TARGETED? Lady Gaga cops probing whether dognapper shooting was ‘politically motivated’ after she sang at Biden’s inauguration
Exclusive

Grant Hodgson, Mollie Mansfield, Teresa Roca and Jessica Kwong
    Feb 25 2021, 18:30 ETUpdated: Feb 26 2021, 0:50 ET

INVESTIGATORS are probing whether the kidnapping of Lady Gaga's bulldogs was politically motivated because she sang at President Joe Biden's inauguration.

FBI officials specialized in kidnapping and ransom cases
are working with Los Angeles Police Department detectives, The Sun learned on Thursday.

"Lady Gaga is high profile of course but she sang at President Biden's inauguration which takes this case to another level," one source said.

"The FBI wants to know exactly what motivated this incident."

An FBI spokesperson told The Sun: "While the Bureau provides resources if/where requested to our local partners, I would refer you to LAPD for comment as they are leading this investigation." ...
The Sun

Thank goodness for the FBI.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2747 on: February 26, 2021, 02:57:30 pm »
The Sun

Hell with the money, she sang at Biden's inauguration. /s

Political exploitation at it's best.  I hope everything comes out okay for the Frenchies, but hell with gag gag.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2748 on: February 26, 2021, 03:36:13 pm »
The Sun

@mountaineer

Thank goodness they don't have anything else to do that is more  than investigating the dognapping of a celeb's dogs.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2749 on: February 26, 2021, 03:55:56 pm »
@mountaineer

Thank goodness they don't have anything else to do that is more  than investigating the dognapping of a celeb's dogs.

Well the dog walker was shot in the process too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.