Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 527688 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2625 on: August 03, 2020, 11:37:46 pm »
For that prize I'm rooting for the fellow in the "pleasure craft" who photobombed the Dragon Crew recovery after splashdown who was flying the "Trump 2020" flag.  I literally LMAO.

@Cyber Liberty

I saw the news report film of that,but the film shown was shot from so far away without the telephoto lens I couldn't see a flag.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2626 on: August 18, 2020, 01:45:39 pm »
Man angry over dinner arrangements threw wife in Provo River, police say
By Pat Reavy
 Aug 17, 2020, 1:11pm MDT

PROVO CANYON — A Pleasant Grove man was charged Monday with throwing his wife into the Provo River and threatening bystanders who tried to help her.

Douglas Harold Green, 61, is charged in 4th District Court with aggravated kidnapping in the course of committing unlawful detention, a third-degree felony; and assault, a class B misdemeanor.

On Sunday, Green and his wife were at Provo River Resort when employees told police that Green had thrown his wife into the Provo River, according to a police affidavit.

Green said he threw her into the river “after she refused to do what he asked. The victim claimed she and Douglas were arguing over dinner arrangements. ..." Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2627 on: August 19, 2020, 12:57:43 am »
WOW! That's pretty damn impressive!

Most guys in their 60's need a crane to pick their wife up,and this guy is tossing her in a river!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2628 on: August 20, 2020, 12:45:29 am »
The Quiet Man - John Wayne & Maureen O'Hara

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline verga

« Reply #2629 on: August 20, 2020, 04:38:34 pm »
The Quiet Man - John Wayne & Maureen O'Hara

Greatest movie of ALL time.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2630 on: August 25, 2020, 02:03:48 pm »
KFC drops 'Finger Lickin’ Good' slogan during coronavirus pandemic

by Zachary Halaschak, Breaking News Reporter
August 24, 2020 08:55 PM

KFC's chicken is “finger lickin’ good,” but it will no longer be using the slogan given the coronavirus pandemic.

The Kentucky-based fast-food restaurant chain announced the change on Monday in a playful news release where KFC declared itself the “winner of the award for the most inappropriate slogan for 2020.”

“Think we can all agree, this year has been like no other and, right now, our slogan doesn’t feel quite right,” the company said. “So, for that reason, we’ll be pressing pause on using it in our advertising, for a little while.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/kfc-drops-finger-lickin-good-slogan-during-coronavirus-pandemic
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2631 on: August 25, 2020, 05:59:57 pm »
KFC drops 'Finger Lickin’ Good' slogan during coronavirus pandemic

by Zachary Halaschak, Breaking News Reporter
August 24, 2020 08:55 PM

KFC's chicken is “finger lickin’ good,” but it will no longer be using the slogan given the coronavirus pandemic.

The Kentucky-based fast-food restaurant chain announced the change on Monday in a playful news release where KFC declared itself the “winner of the award for the most inappropriate slogan for 2020.”

“Think we can all agree, this year has been like no other and, right now, our slogan doesn’t feel quite right,” the company said. “So, for that reason, we’ll be pressing pause on using it in our advertising, for a little while.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/kfc-drops-finger-lickin-good-slogan-during-coronavirus-pandemic
My Bad, I thought they were dropping the slogan because it has become connected to Joe.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2632 on: August 25, 2020, 06:24:09 pm »

"I did not lick that finger, Colonel Sanders!"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2633 on: September 07, 2020, 02:16:21 pm »
Explosive device used at gender-reveal party causes fire and mass evacuations in California
A fire that has destroyed over 7,000 acres and forced the evacuation of 3,000 residents was caused by a "smoke generating" explosive used at a gender-reveal party, according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection. "With the dry conditions and critical fire weather, it doesn’t take much to start a wildfire. Those responsible for starting fires due to negligence or illegal activity can be held financially and criminally responsible," the statement said.
https://abc7.com/el-dorado-fire-sparked-by-pyrotechnic-device-officials-say/6412483/

These "gender reveal" parties have gotten out of hand!

Incidentally, it's a boy!

CNN: Officials release video from gender reveal party that ignited a 47,000-acre wildfire
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 02:25:16 pm by mountaineer »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2634 on: September 07, 2020, 03:23:09 pm »
Look at that long grass... Such an unexpected result. Really. I am shocked!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2635 on: September 07, 2020, 08:29:00 pm »
Look at that long grass... Such an unexpected result. Really. I am shocked!
You expected common sense?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2636 on: September 08, 2020, 04:20:25 pm »
Toddler gets his head stuck in toilet seat, dad has to saw him out

That’s definitely the wrong way to use the potty.
A Florida family found themselves in an unusual situation when their 2-year-old son got his training toilet stuck around his neck. The family filmed the removal process, which required a saw and apparently a toddler who is amazingly good at standing still for his age.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/toddler-head-stuck-toilet-seat-dad-saw

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2637 on: September 08, 2020, 04:38:28 pm »
Don't make ME be the one that has to ask the obvious question here.

I do think I have an obvious nickname for him,though.

Don't ask.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 04:39:18 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2638 on: September 08, 2020, 04:41:30 pm »
Don't make ME be the one that has to ask the obvious question here.

I do think I have an obvious nickname for him,though.

Don't ask.
:silly: I don't have to... :silly:

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2639 on: September 17, 2020, 12:06:27 pm »
Dentist who extracted tooth on hoverboard sentenced to 12 years in prison
By Jackie Salo
September 16, 2020 | 5:34pm
An Alaska dentist who extracted a patient’s tooth while riding on a hoverboard has been sentenced to 12 years behind bars for that stunt and other wheel-y bad crimes.

Seth Lookhart was sentenced Monday in Anchorage Superior Court on dozens of charges that stemmed from his scooting antics to Medicaid fraud and removing a patient’s teeth without their permission, the Anchorage Daily News reported.

He was convicted back in January on charges of reckless endangerment, illegally practicing dentistry and medical assistance fraud. ...
Full story at NY Post

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2640 on: September 17, 2020, 03:03:46 pm »
I suspect his prison sentence had more to do with practicing medicine without a license than hover boarding.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2641 on: September 17, 2020, 03:29:04 pm »
I suspect his prison sentence had more to do with practicing medicine without a license than hover boarding.

Is this why so many people get anxiety when they go to the dentist?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2642 on: September 18, 2020, 02:34:40 pm »
Delingpole: Socially-Distanced German Soccer Team Gets Thrashed 37-0

A German soccer team has been thrashed 37-0 because its players insisted on observing rules about ‘social distancing.’

The defeated amateur football team SG Ripdorf/Molzen II were worried that their opponents SV Holdenstedt II had been exposed in a previous fixture to a player who had tested positive for Chinese coronavirus.

So, to protect themselves from this deadly threat SG Ripdorf/Molzen II decided to field only seven players (the minimum required to avoid a fine for forfeiting the game). The players then failed to participate in the game – allowing their opponents to walk all over them.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/09/18/socially-distanced-german-soccer-team-gets-thrashed-37-0/

-----------------

The ultimate in virtue signaling.
For those who can, get back to the land. Homesteading is a revolutionary act of resistance.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2643 on: September 20, 2020, 11:54:22 pm »
I have no words ...

Scientists win award for giving an alligator helium and making it shout

A group of scientists who put an alligator in a helium-filled box and made it shout have won an ‘Ig’ Nobel Prize, a prestigious-ish award that commemorates the science world’s more unusual experiments.

The team, led by researchers from Austria and Japan, were trying to figure out if alligators’ vocal communications relate to their body size — but it was their method, rather than their hypothesis, that caught the eye of the awards committee.

The Ig Nobels have been held since 1991 to parody the more established Nobel Prizes. This years award ceremony was livestreamed as a result of the pandemic.

American researcher Richard Vetter won the entomology prize for “collecting evidence that many entomologists (scientists who study insects) are afraid of spiders, which are not insects.”

“The Ig Nobel Prizes honor achievements that make people laugh, then think,” the award organizers write on their website. .........

https://nbc-2.com/news/science/2020/09/18/scientists-win-award-for-giving-an-alligator-helium-and-making-it-shout/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2644 on: September 21, 2020, 06:56:49 am »
 22222frying pan What? No audio?  :thud:

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2645 on: September 21, 2020, 12:34:11 pm »
22222frying pan What? No audio?  :thud:

There was audio. The shout ws so high pitched humans couldn't hear it. :shrug: :whistle:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2646 on: September 21, 2020, 02:59:48 pm »
IG Nobel and Darwin awards, are sooo good.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2647 on: September 22, 2020, 01:29:38 pm »
This type of story probably isn't all that uncommon ...
Oregon man shoots self in groin while showing off gun in supermarket checkout line, cops say
Updated Sep 21, 2020; Posted Sep 21, 2020
By Shane Dixon Kavanaugh | The Oregonian/OregonLive

An Oregon man is on the mend after police say he accidentally shot himself in the groin while flaunting a concealed handgun at a Lincoln City supermarket.

The mishap occurred Sunday night when Nicholas J. Ellingford, 29, brandished his Glock 9mm in the checkout line at McKay’s Market on U.S. 101 and tried to show it off to a buddy, according to the Lincoln City Police Department.

Ellingford mistakenly pulled the trigger as he stuffed the piece back into his pants, police said. A bullet tore through the gunslinger’s groin and exited his thigh, just barely missing the man’s femoral artery.  ...
Portland Oregonian

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2648 on: September 22, 2020, 04:19:31 pm »
If you are flaunting it, it isn't concealed...

Something about re-holstering a pistol with your finger on the trigger that makes for a bit of excitement...

and just missing the Femoral Artery is lucky, because that's a wound all too easy to bleed out with.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2649 on: September 22, 2020, 06:11:05 pm »
This type of story probably isn't all that uncommon ...Portland Oregonian

'Excuse me while I whip this out!'
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 06:12:47 pm by Free Vulcan »
For those who can, get back to the land. Homesteading is a revolutionary act of resistance.