Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528648 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2550 on: March 24, 2020, 05:34:40 am »

A MAN TRIED TO ROB A BANK AFTER PAYING $500 TO A WIZARD TO MAKE HIM INVISIBLE

wizard-bank-robber

Never trust strangers. That is something most of us were taught by our parents or guardians at an early stage of our life, especially if the stranger says he is a sorcerer who can turn you invisible whilst you rob a bank!

Unfortunately, for one man in Iran, he made the mistake of trusting a fake sorcerer who convinced him that he was invisible and could rob a bank safely. The man explained to the court that he had paid five million rials (just under £290) to a wizard imposter, who in return gave him a set of spells to tie to his arm. The fake sorcerer explained to him that the spells would make him invisible, and that he could then rob banks all he wanted.

(more)
https://factualfacts.com/a-man-tried-to-rob-a-bank-after-paying-500-to-a-wizard-to-make-him-invisible/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2551 on: March 24, 2020, 05:37:55 am »
I'm sure it sounded legit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2552 on: March 24, 2020, 08:15:16 am »

wizard-bank-robber

Never trust strangers. That is something most of us were taught by our parents or guardians at an early stage of our life, especially if the stranger says he is a sorcerer who can turn you invisible whilst you rob a bank!

Unfortunately, for one man in Iran, he made the mistake of trusting a fake sorcerer who convinced him that he was invisible and could rob a bank safely. The man explained to the court that he had paid five million rials (just under £290) to a wizard imposter, who in return gave him a set of spells to tie to his arm. The fake sorcerer explained to him that the spells would make him invisible, and that he could then rob banks all he wanted.

(more)
https://factualfacts.com/a-man-tried-to-rob-a-bank-after-paying-500-to-a-wizard-to-make-him-invisible/
Rule No. 1:

If it sounds too good to be true....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #2553 on: March 24, 2020, 11:40:43 am »

wizard-bank-robber

(more)
I actually had to read this to see if it should be in the "Florida man thread."
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2554 on: March 24, 2020, 12:06:28 pm »
That's what I thought too. Never knew Florida Man has kinfolk in Iran.
Think of this.
He walk into the bank grabbing money from customer's hands.
Thinking he was invisible and would not be seen.
But even if he actually was invisible, wouldn't they see the money floating around the bank in mid-air?
This guy is not the brightest bulb in the box.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2555 on: March 24, 2020, 01:26:17 pm »

HA! I did too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2556 on: March 24, 2020, 01:28:09 pm »
I saw that episode of NYPD Blue. Life imitates art.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2557 on: March 24, 2020, 04:13:45 pm »
That's what ya get when you go to street wizards,instead of wizards with degrees from accredited colleges,like Harvard,NYU,etc,etc,etc.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2558 on: March 24, 2020, 04:16:41 pm »

@verga

Florida Man,Iran Man. It makes no difference because none of them are even sure where or what they are.

The good news here is this one isn't registered to vote Dim.

Probably.

Offline verga

« Reply #2559 on: March 24, 2020, 04:55:21 pm »
@verga

Florida Man,Iran Man. It makes no difference because none of them are even sure where or what they are.

The good news here is this one isn't registered to vote Dim.YET
Probably.
Fixed it for you.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2560 on: March 28, 2020, 11:46:32 pm »
Quarantined New Yorker Tries to Recreate ‘Italy Magic’ By Singing Out Window — But is Told to ‘Shut The F**k Up’

https://www.theamericanmirror.com/2020/03/video-quarantined-new-yorker-tries-to-recreate-italy-magic-by-singing-out-window-but-is-told-to-shut-the-fk-up/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2561 on: March 28, 2020, 11:54:26 pm »
Since he is a Big City denizen,you would think he would have known better.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2562 on: March 29, 2020, 02:40:48 am »
Since he is a Big City denizen,you would think he would have known better.
Especially in NYC, where "Hey! F*** You, Buddy!" is a somewhat common street greeting.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2563 on: May 30, 2020, 06:22:21 pm »
Is there anything in the news reports these days that isn't ridiculous? Nevertheless, we must persist.
Moment paralyzed deaf-mute teenager attempts to rob a jewelry shop in Brazil with a fake gun held with his FEET
By Adry Torres For Dailymail.com
Published: 17:33 EDT, 26 May 2020 | Updated: 03:47 EDT, 28 May 2020

This is the moment a paralyzed deaf-mute teenager tried to rob a jewelry store in Brazil by aiming a fake gun with his feet.

The astonishing incident unfolded Monday afternoon at a shop in Canela, Rio Grande de Sul, when the 19-year-old placed a threatening note on the counter using his feet.

The note from the suspect, who authorities say has cerebral palsy and cannot move his hands, read: 'Hand over everything. Don't raise attention.'

A store surveillance camera captured the disabled teen in his wheelchair before he aimed a plastic toy gun wedged between his bare feet at the counter. ...

Full story at Daily Mail

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2564 on: May 31, 2020, 04:43:19 am »
Nobody can accuse him of being lacking in ambition.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2565 on: June 12, 2020, 01:17:58 pm »
21-year-old Colorado woman shot dead after argument about dog poop
By Kenneth Garger
June 12, 2020 | 1:58am
A woman was fatally shot and her boyfriend wounded by a gunman who reportedly took issue with how the couple told their dog to poop during a walk in Denver on Wednesday.

The victims — identified in reports as Isabella Thallas, 21, and Darian Simon — were walking their pooch near Coors Field when 36-year-old suspect Michael Close quarreled with them from inside his apartment, the Denver Post reported.

“The suspect got into a verbal altercation with the victims related to the victims telling the dog to poop,” according to a probable cause statement obtained by the newspaper.

Close reportedly asked the couple if they were going to train their pooch or just yell at it, the police records state.  ...
New York Post

Thallas

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2566 on: June 12, 2020, 01:19:59 pm »
Life imitates art (silo scene from the movie "Witness")?
North Dakota woman drowns in giant vat of sunflower seeds
By Yaron Steinbuch
June 12, 2020 | 8:21am

A 56-year-old North Dakota drowned in a giant vat of sunflower seeds when she lost her footing and was sucked inside the grain bin, according to a report.

The unidentified Montpelier woman met her fate in the ghastly accident at the Glinz Farm in Pingree, where she had been helping two trucks unload seeds on Wednesday, the Jamestown Sun reported.

The woman was wearing a harness, but it was not attached at the time of the accident and she plunged inside the massive container, according to the news outlet. ...
Full story at NY Post

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2567 on: June 12, 2020, 01:39:06 pm »
Life imitates art (silo scene from the movie "Witness")?Full story at NY Post

Unharnessed harness?  That's up there with the guy who made the 190 foot bungee jump with a 200 foot cord.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2568 on: June 12, 2020, 09:16:14 pm »
Life imitates art (silo scene from the movie "Witness")?Full story at NY Post
That is a hazard of working in any grain bin.
"Drowning" might not be as accurate as suffocated, because wen you exhale, the grain shifts to fill the space your body leaves when you breathe out, and each successive breath will be smaller.
The overall effect is the same.
Between 20-30 people a year get killed this way.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2569 on: June 12, 2020, 09:17:10 pm »
Unharnessed harness?  That's up there with the guy who made the 190 foot bungee jump with a 200 foot cord.
I knew of a derrick hand on an oil rig who forgot to tie off his harness...90 ft. to the drill floor.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2570 on: June 22, 2020, 12:41:59 pm »
 Man allegedly caught at airport with cocaine inside artificial penis
By Kenneth Garger
June 21, 2020 | 11:04pm

A British man arrested in a Brussels airport with cocaine inside of an artificial penis could face up to three years in prison for the offense, prosecutors said last week.

The man was busted trying to smuggle the drugs from Jamaica into Belgium last February, The New Zealand Herald reported.

He allegedly told investigators that he intended to use the cocaine for personal use once he returned home. ... NY Post
 :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2571 on: June 22, 2020, 01:00:55 pm »
Man allegedly caught at airport with cocaine inside artificial penis
By Kenneth Garger
June 21, 2020 | 11:04pm

A British man arrested in a Brussels airport with cocaine inside of an artificial penis could face up to three years in prison for the offense, prosecutors said last week.

The man was busted trying to smuggle the drugs from Jamaica into Belgium last February, The New Zealand Herald reported.

He allegedly told investigators that he intended to use the cocaine for personal use once he returned home. ... NY Post
 :shrug:

@mountaineer

Uhhhhh,there seems to be some important details missing from this report.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2572 on: June 22, 2020, 01:03:00 pm »
@mountaineer

@sneakypete
I dunno... I got all the details I needed out of the headline... lol

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2573 on: June 22, 2020, 01:04:52 pm »
@mountaineer

Like how he is related to Florida Man....    :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2574 on: June 22, 2020, 02:58:41 pm »
Like how he is related to Florida Man....    :silly:I w

@catfish1957

Or even "Florida Undecided",who "dresses" appropriately for whatever party it is going to attend.a

I was just wondering if maybe it was a guy who thought nobody would find an xray image of a man with TWO penises to be somewhat unusual,and worthy of a closer look.