Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 533749 times)

Offline berdie

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2475 on: January 27, 2020, 08:49:08 pm »

Full story

Other than ostentasious...when I look at that potty I can't imagine how hard it would be to keep clean. *bouche*

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2476 on: January 28, 2020, 01:50:04 am »

Other than ostentasious...when I look at that potty I can't imagine how hard it would be to keep clean. *bouche*

Since I have been cleaning for myself, the next bathroom I build will have a built-in pressure washer, and be made to take it... with a drain in the middle of the floor too... Bathrooms suck.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2477 on: January 28, 2020, 02:31:40 am »
Since I have been cleaning for myself, the next bathroom I build will have a built-in pressure washer, and be made to take it... with a drain in the middle of the floor too... Bathrooms suck.

I don't mind cleaning bathrooms since I HAVE one.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2478 on: January 28, 2020, 02:58:05 am »
I don't mind cleaning bathrooms since I HAVE one.

Hey! Just because it ain't inside...

:silly: :tongue2:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2479 on: January 28, 2020, 05:35:52 am »
Keep the pressure down, bro. You don't want to turn all the lovely things you'd be washing out into aerosols....not unless you're in a biohzard suit with piped in air...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #2480 on: January 29, 2020, 09:48:22 pm »

I like that idea @roamer_1 . It beats my unrealistic one of a self cleaning bathroom where you just close the door and turn it on...kind of like a self cleaning oven.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2481 on: January 30, 2020, 01:06:49 am »
Keep the pressure down, bro. You don't want to turn all the lovely things you'd be washing out into aerosols....not unless you're in a biohzard suit with piped in air...

@Smokin Joe , I been shoveling and throwing, and pushing and dozing, and loading and dumping, sweeping and washing sh*t ALL my life.

I am certainly immune.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2482 on: January 30, 2020, 01:08:06 am »

I like that idea @roamer_1 . It beats my unrealistic one of a self cleaning bathroom where you just close the door and turn it on...kind of like a self cleaning oven.

Yeah @berdie ... that'd be a little harder to do... Probably easier to hire a cleaning lady :D

Offline thackney

« Reply #2483 on: January 30, 2020, 12:30:50 pm »

I imagine a dishwasher large enough for a toilet and shower.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2484 on: January 30, 2020, 02:23:04 pm »
I imagine a dishwasher large enough for a toilet and shower.

That's absolutely brilliant... and the door... Handicap accessible   :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2485 on: January 30, 2020, 10:27:21 pm »
Don'tcha hate when this happens?
New homeowner finds corpse of former resident in house
By Christopher Cameron
January 29, 2020 | 2:45pm

Not all housewarming gifts are welcome. The happy buyer of a home in Maryland got more than they bargained for when they discovered the corpse of the previous owner still inside.

The new owner bought the house, on Upland Avenue in District Heights, at a foreclosure auction but only last Saturday discovered the body of the 39-year-old woman who had called the property home. It’s unclear how long she had been dead  ...
Full story at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2486 on: January 30, 2020, 10:35:39 pm »
39?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2487 on: January 30, 2020, 10:38:18 pm »
39?
Apparently, she suffered from some sort of handicap.
Still ...  :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2488 on: January 30, 2020, 10:42:13 pm »
Apparently, she suffered from some sort of handicap.
Still ...  :shrug:

I always imagined that would happen at my house.  Somebody would find us months later, our corpses stripped to the bones from cats feasting on our remains.  I wonder about that sometimes whenever I see them prowling about the Castle.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2489 on: January 30, 2020, 10:45:10 pm »
I always imagined that would happen at my house.  Somebody would find us months later, our corpses stripped to the bones from cats feasting on our remains.  I wonder about that sometimes whenever I see them prowling about the Castle.
I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2490 on: January 30, 2020, 11:07:40 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

I hope mine don't hesitate to use me as a food source if I keel over and die in the house. It won't hurt me,and it will save them. A body is just a body. A "mobility device". Once you die it is of no use to you or anyone else.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2491 on: January 31, 2020, 01:31:33 am »
@Smokin Joe , I been shoveling and throwing, and pushing and dozing, and loading and dumping, sweeping and washing sh*t ALL my life.

I am certainly immune.
I'm immune to lots of things I find unpleasant.

Wearing a little sh*t is one thing, but inhaling sh*t is not high on my list of things to do.
I was the one who got to catch the sheep for my great uncle, who didn't dock their tails, and pretty much let them roam until they either needed to be sheared or went to market. Needless to say, those pristine 4-H show animals were not represented in the crap crusted critters I dealt with. Add in mucking out everything from stalls to henhouses to 100 year old barns, and I have dealt with plenty (not to mention clearing frozen temporary sewer lines on oil rigs, and dealing with out houses which should have been moved long before they were. Yep, been there, done that, burned the t-shirt...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2492 on: January 31, 2020, 01:34:14 am »
@Cyber Liberty

I hope mine don't hesitate to use me as a food source if I keel over and die in the house. It won't hurt me,and it will save them. A body is just a body. A "mobility device". Once you die it is of no use to you or anyone else.
A friend passed in summer, with his dogs locked in with him. We found him about a week later. He had fed the dogs. Not pretty, but as you say, he was gone, what was left was meat.
No one who knew wanted to adopt the dogs, though.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2493 on: January 31, 2020, 02:58:33 am »
I'm immune to lots of things I find unpleasant.

That's why they call it work (a four letter word)

Yep, been there, done that, burned the t-shirt...

:laugh: That's right.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2494 on: January 31, 2020, 03:03:42 am »

No one who knew wanted to adopt the dogs, though.

@Smokin Joe

I can certainly understand that,but house cats are EXTREMELY unlikely to take you down,kill you,and then eat you. They ain't cougars.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2495 on: February 01, 2020, 01:23:15 am »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2496 on: February 04, 2020, 11:37:23 pm »
This story is ridiculous in a very horrible and sad kind of way:
Dying mom falls on infant son, crushing him to death
By Jackie Salo
February 4, 2020

An Arizona mom crushed her infant son to death as she fell on him while suffering a fatal medical episode at her home, officials said.

Larinique Meadows, 38, and her 4-month-old son Denari Meadows were both found dead Saturday night at their townhouse in Tempe, authorities said.

The mom had been using her cellphone to search for symptoms of chest pain before she collapsed on top of her son, according to police. It is believed that she had some sort of heart condition. ...
Full story

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2497 on: February 04, 2020, 11:39:34 pm »
New mom has baby taken away after failing drug test — by eating poppy seed bread
By Joshua Rhett Miller
February 4, 2020 | 3:27pm

An Alabama mother had her newborn baby taken away from her after a drug-test detected traces of opiates in her system — from poppy seed bread she ate a day earlier, according to reports.

Rebecca Hernandez, of Huntsville, was given a drug test after giving birth at Crestwood Medical Center last Tuesday — and her son was swiftly removed after it came back positive for opiates, WAFF reports.

By the time a more official state laboratory test came back Friday stating she was clean, the new mother had lost three days with her new baby.

The original test turned out to be a “false-positive,” a result that Hernandez’s doctor attributed to the poppy seed bread she consumed on Monday, WAFF reports. ... Rest of story

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2498 on: February 04, 2020, 11:55:15 pm »
This story is ridiculous in a very horrible and sad kind of way:Full story

@mountaineer

I'm guessing Tinker Belle weighted in north of 300 lbs.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2499 on: February 04, 2020, 11:57:34 pm »
I'm guessing Tinker Belle weighted in north of 300 lbs.
Don't know. It wouldn't take much to smother a baby that small, though.