Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 535546 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2350 on: December 20, 2019, 06:27:41 pm »
That is funny @libertybele.  Thanks for the laugh. 

Offline berdie

« Reply #2351 on: December 20, 2019, 08:18:02 pm »
In the spirit of Christmas.    :rolling:    This one had me laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks.   

Dad orders wrong inflatable Santa, watches it inflate to the size of his two-story house

Santa Claus is comin’ to town — and he’s looming ominously over an English man’s home.

Matty James, 32, is now the proud owner of a 25-foot inflatable Santa decoration after accidentally ordering the wrong item on eBay around “a month ago.”

James, from Southport, was reportedly expecting an 8-foot-tall Santa, and only became aware of his mistake once he started inflating.

“I remember thinking it looked weird and then all of a sudden, once I started putting the air in it, it kept growing and growing,” James said, according to The Sun. “I did wonder if it was ever going to stop.”

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/dad-orders-wrong-inflatable-santa

That's hilarious! I just wish we had a picture of the guy's face.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2352 on: December 20, 2019, 08:25:17 pm »

That's hilarious! I just wish we had a picture of the guy's face.

Right.  His neighbors got a good laugh as well.  Merry Christmas -- I definitely needed this laugh!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2353 on: December 20, 2019, 11:14:00 pm »
Therapy dog for police department steals, hoards Christmas toys meant for families in-need

The Franklin Police Department learned a valuable lesson about keeping Christmas toys meant for charity away from their inquisitive therapy dog.

Ben the Golden Retriever therapy dog is a fixture at the Franklin Police Department (FPD). He often visits local schools in the area to the delight of students.

On Thursday, the FPD reported that the clever K-9 got into a little trouble at the station when he began stealing toys from the station’s pile of donated gifts meant for the “Santa Foundation” — an organization that provides gifts for families in need at Christmas time.

The FPD posted a video Thursday afternoon of the dog stealing a baby doll in a basket and trotting back to his “office.” Ben then curls up under the desk where he has hidden other toys he stole from the gift pile.

https://www.wtnh.com/news/animals-and-wildlife/therapy-dog-for-massachusetts-police-department-steals-hoards-christmas-toys-meant-for-families-in-need/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2354 on: December 20, 2019, 11:48:01 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.azcentral.com/story/travel/2019/12/19/video-shows-sarasota-bradenton-international-airport-truck-crash/2700635001/

How anyone could drive like that is beyond me but one is under the influence, I guess it could happen.
While it might have just been the air pressure from the wall being breached, It sure seemed like the automatic (?) doors opened up for the debris...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2355 on: December 20, 2019, 11:50:01 pm »
Therapy dog for police department steals, hoards Christmas toys meant for families in-need

https://www.wtnh.com/news/animals-and-wildlife/therapy-dog-for-massachusetts-police-department-steals-hoards-christmas-toys-meant-for-families-in-need/
Just a dog doing what dogs do, comical as it is. Ours would flip his toys out of reach, and the neighbor dog would steal them...(I'd go over and round them up every few days)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #2356 on: December 22, 2019, 06:26:31 pm »
In the spirit of Christmas ...  His pants are perfect!  The tree appears to have lights, I wonder if he'll stop and plug in!   :rolling:

Man dresses as Christmas tree, roams streets of New York

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2357 on: December 22, 2019, 06:29:20 pm »
Even better .... what would a subway train be without Mr. Christmas Tree?   :rolling:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2358 on: December 23, 2019, 03:33:39 am »
In the spirit of Christmas ...  His pants are perfect!  The tree appears to have lights, I wonder if he'll stop and plug in!   :rolling:

Good thing it isn't San Francisco. ("presents" under the tree...)

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #2359 on: December 23, 2019, 04:11:37 am »

So this is one of the Tree People?  wink777

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2360 on: December 24, 2019, 01:14:53 pm »
Bird drops catfish on North Carolina driver’s car, shattering windshield
By Amanda Woods
December 23, 2019

Things got a little fishy on this North Carolina driver’s commute.

Rhesa Walston was heading to her Beaufort home Wednesday afternoon when she spotted a bird carrying a large catfish, she told local outlet ABC 4.

Little did she know that the bird would drop its meal — sending the whiskered fish smashing into her windshield.

“It was one of those slow-motion moments in life. I saw the fish and I saw him drop it,” Walston told the outlet. “There was glass all over my front seat … Glass on my lap.” ...

Full story at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2361 on: December 24, 2019, 03:14:24 pm »
Toronto man accidentally shoots himself trying to escape with stolen puppy
By Jackie Salo
December 22, 2019 | 3:44pm

A Canadian puppy thief really hamstrung himself when he accidentally shot himself in the leg while trying to make a getaway, police said.

The 20-year-old suspect, who wasn’t identified, arranged through an online classifieds section to purchase a nine-week-old American Bulldog named “Tarzan” in Brampton on Friday, according to Peel Regional Police.

But when the pooch was handed over to him, the man refused to pay and brandished a firearm at the seller, authorities said.

But when he ran away with the dog he mistakenly shot himself in the leg and then fell to the ground, according to the police report. ...
Full story

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2362 on: December 24, 2019, 03:16:11 pm »
AZ woman tries to set boyfriend on fire for not celebrating new Subway job: police
By Frank Miles, Fox News
December 23, 2019

A woman in Arizona is facing serious charges after she allegedly tried to set her boyfriend on fire because he wouldn’t celebrate her new job at a Subway restaurant, according to a report.

Kathy Jones, 46, was arrested on one count each of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and criminal damage for the Dec. 11 incident ....Full story

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2363 on: December 24, 2019, 03:47:04 pm »
Bird drops catfish on North Carolina driver’s car, shattering windshield
By Amanda Woods
December 23, 2019

Things got a little fishy on this North Carolina driver’s commute.

Rhesa Walston was heading to her Beaufort home Wednesday afternoon when she spotted a bird carrying a large catfish, she told local outlet ABC 4.

Little did she know that the bird would drop its meal — sending the whiskered fish smashing into her windshield.

“It was one of those slow-motion moments in life. I saw the fish and I saw him drop it,” Walston told the outlet. “There was glass all over my front seat … Glass on my lap.” ...

Full story at NY Post

@mountaineer

Fish are unusual,but birds dropping oysters to break the shells isn't. You just don't hear about it very often because even with bird brains,it seems like the gulls are smart enough to only drop them on secondary roads or in parking lots where there isn't much traffic. I HAVE seen seagulls walking on roads and dodging traffic,though.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2364 on: December 24, 2019, 03:49:47 pm »
Full story

@mountaineer

I love a story with a happy ending.

As for the puppy,the owner is NOT going to have a hard time finding someone else that wants him. I suspect everyone that sees his photo wants him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2365 on: December 24, 2019, 03:52:14 pm »
AZ woman tries to set boyfriend on fire for not celebrating new Subway job: police
By Frank Miles, Fox News
December 23, 2019

A woman in Arizona is facing serious charges after she allegedly tried to set her boyfriend on fire because he wouldn’t celebrate her new job at a Subway restaurant, according to a report.

Kathy Jones, 46, was arrested on one count each of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and criminal damage for the Dec. 11 incident ....Full story

Is that really a woman,or is it an actor from The Walking Dead named Eugene on the show?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2366 on: December 24, 2019, 10:58:15 pm »

Fish are unusual,but birds dropping [...]

@sneakypete
Actually, while it is not usual, it is fairly common around here.
Eagles and ospreys often try to catch fish bigger than they can really lift... They'll get them up and off a ways, and then figure they cannot pack it, and just drop it right there.

Another thing that is just as common is one eagle/osprey attacking another, forcing them to drop their prey to defend... Where upon the prey is snatched up by the usurper... Albeit that often times, neither gets the prize as it plummets to the ground.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2367 on: December 25, 2019, 02:27:39 am »
It's been said that Christmastime can be very stressful.
Police: Fight Breaks Out When Man Sees Girlfriend Wrapping Present For Other Boyfriend
By Ross Guidotti
December 24, 2019 at 5:22 pm

TRAFFORD, Pa. (KDKA) – A Westmoreland County couple is facing aggravated assault charges after police say a drunken fight broke out while they were wrapping presents.  ...

According to court documents, the pair both got very drunk and into a fight. They were allegedly drinking Four Lokos.

As DiBucci was wrapping gifts, one of the presents being wrapped sparked Hill’s temper.  ...

According to police, DiBucci was putting a bow on a present for one of her other alleged beaus.

What followed was a violent brawl between the couple: punches, biting and furniture thrown about the Duquesne Avenue duplex.  ...   More from KDKA

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2368 on: December 25, 2019, 04:54:13 am »
It's been said that Christmastime can be very stressful.

@mountaineer

Nothing says "Christmas" like a drunken family brawl,does it?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2369 on: December 25, 2019, 01:12:49 pm »
Grandma charges family £35 a head for Christmas dinner

Hayley Garbutt is expecting about a dozen of her family members to show up for Christmas dinner this year and isn't planning on letting them into her house for free.

The grandma of four says she plans on charging 35 pounds ($45) per person to enter her home on Christmas, according to Caters News Agency.

https://kutv.com/news/offbeat/grandma-charges-family-45-a-head-for-christmas-dinner
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2370 on: December 25, 2019, 01:47:56 pm »
Dinner had better be prime rib, at least, for that price.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2371 on: December 25, 2019, 02:41:22 pm »
Dinner had better be prime rib, at least, for that price.

The article says Grandma is serving "beef, turkey, pork, chicken, pizza, quiche, cheeses, and champagne."

I'm wondering if this family is fairly well off and expecting a big feast which Grandma may not be able to afford. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2372 on: December 25, 2019, 02:44:17 pm »
@mountaineer

Nothing says "Christmas" like a drunken family brawl,does it?

@sneakypete

There are some people who  shouldn't drink.  When I drank, I became mellow and sleepy.  But I know some people who are decent when sober, but give them an alcoholic beverage and they turn into monsters. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2373 on: December 25, 2019, 02:46:16 pm »
Four Loko's?

Had to look that up.  And my suspicions were confirmed.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2374 on: December 25, 2019, 08:19:33 pm »
Lil Wayne may face charges after gold-plated gun, drugs found on his plane
Miami Herald | Tuesday, December 24, 2019 8:27 p.m.

MIAMI — Lil Wayne is free to celebrate Christmas in Miami after federal agents searched his private jet, but the rapper still faces potential charges after agents found at least one handgun and drugs, according to law enforcement sources.

The gun also qualified as bling — a gold-plated .45 caliber handgun with a pearl grip, according to law enforcement sources familiar with the plane search. The weapon, they said, was found in the musician’s Coach bag along with drugs, after the jet landed at Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport following a flight from California. Investigators also found MDMA in pill and crystal form as well as weed, cocaine and heroin in the bag ...

Yes, he's the intelligent looking one in the big glasses.

Full story