Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528690 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2300 on: November 24, 2019, 11:29:42 pm »

@sneakypete 's quote If you want to see a crime,see what I do to any weenie waver I catch coming out of a girls restroom. Followed by @roamer-1 's post with @Applewood 's  quote Sometimes those things come out without warning. right under it really tickled my funny bone!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2301 on: November 24, 2019, 11:35:06 pm »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2302 on: November 25, 2019, 12:33:04 am »
Glad we could give you a good laugh @GtHawk

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2303 on: December 05, 2019, 12:26:32 am »
Man with distinctive 'Pot Head' tattoo sought in Ohio
by JEFF MORRISWednesday
 December 4th 2019

MARIETTA, Ohio (WCHS/WVAH) – The Washington County Sheriff’s Office in Marietta, Ohio, is looking for a suspect who has quite a distinctive look.

Douglas Perry Christopher, 51, has a tattoo on his face that says “Pot Head” with a pot leaf across his forehead and eyebrows, according to a Facebook post Wednesday from the sheriff’s office. ...

Link to story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2304 on: December 05, 2019, 01:04:00 am »
by JEFF MORRISWednesday
 December 4th 2019

MARIETTA, Ohio (WCHS/WVAH) – The Washington County Sheriff’s Office in Marietta, Ohio, is looking for a suspect who has quite a distinctive look.

Douglas Perry Christopher, 51, has a tattoo on his face that says “Pot Head” with a pot leaf across his forehead and eyebrows, according to a Facebook post Wednesday from the sheriff’s office. ...

Link to story

@mountaineer

Is there a toll-free number when I can call and get the reward for telling them he has obviously moved back home in Florida?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2305 on: December 05, 2019, 01:10:29 am »
by JEFF MORRISWednesday
 December 4th 2019

Link to story

"
Christopher is wanted on warrant for failure to provide a change of address for his sex registration

Currently, he is believed to be homeless
"

:pondering:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2306 on: December 05, 2019, 01:32:27 am »
"Did the man who raped you have any distinguishing tattoos?"  :silly:

Whack that fellow's pee pee.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2307 on: December 08, 2019, 04:19:27 pm »
This happened too, not really ridiculous news but I don't think it is so big as to be posted in the NN forum and if no one posted it already: 

A bald eagle broke into an H&R Block in Virginia Beach, and it's the most American thing you'll see all day

A bald eagle was seen "hanging out" in an H&R Block in Virginia Beach after breaking through a window of the building.

Ali Weatherton, a reporter for local news station WVEC, posted a video of the unsuspecting eagle perched on the window of the building.

Bald eagles sightings were rare in the past, as the birds of prey were at the verge of extinction due to habitat destruction, illegal shooting, and food source contamination, according to the US Fish and Wildlife Service.

https://www.businessinsider.com/watch-bald-eagle-broke-into-hr-block-building-virginia-beach-2019-12?amp%3Butm_medium=referral

Video at link and here:   

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1203705824629215232

I'm glad the eagle appears to be okay, you know, sometimes birds fly into windows and die. And I guess a Bald Eagle can break windows being so big as happened here.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #2308 on: December 08, 2019, 04:23:45 pm »
This happened too, not really ridiculous news but I don't think it is so big as to be posted in the NN forum and if no one posted it already: 

Video at link and here:   

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1203705824629215232

I'm glad the eagle appears to be okay, you know, sometimes birds fly into windows and die. And I guess a Bald Eagle can break windows being so big as happened here.
@TomSea
Almost eighty years ago, a bald eagle provided a pair of classic mishaps on live old-time network radio:

The Fred Allen Show, "An Eagle Gets Loose in the Studio" (NBC, 20 March 1940)
Texaco Star Theater with Fred Allen, "The Eagle is Back" (CBS, 20 November 1940)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2309 on: December 08, 2019, 06:28:15 pm »
Tiger shark chomps on inflatable board, chases paddleboarders to shore in Hawaii
By Don Sweeney
December 04, 2019 10:41 AM

Beaches are closed on Maui after a 10- to 12-foot tiger shark bit a paddleboard Monday, throwing a 57-year-old man into the ocean, the Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources says in a release.

Larry Oberto had been turning to go back to shore after spotting the shark about 10 a.m. when it bit the back of his inflatable stand-up board, instantly deflating it, Hawaii News Now reported.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article238031214.html

Then this, translated. It might not make news here but this sounds absolutely terrible near the island of Guadalupe.  Apparently, there is film of this, "GRAPHIC" photos at link, so a disclaimer, yes, the shark bled to death. This is their nature, I'm very sorry this tragedy happened.

Minutes of panic on Guadalupe Island: a white shark bled to death in a tourist cage

Every year, thousands of intrepid tourists visit and descend in cages at the bottom of the ocean to interact with the towering squats and see them in their habitat. A fascinating natural spectacle, which only two months ago left, however, terrifying images.

This was denounced this weekend by environmental activist Arturo Islas Allende, via a video on Twitter. The recording captured the moment when a white shark rammed a cage of tourists, and died trapped and bled to death between bars.

https://www.infobae.com/america/mexico/2019/12/08/minutos-de-panico-en-isla-guadalupe-un-tiburon-blanco-murio-desangrado-en-una-jaula-de-turistas/

Tourists going down to watch the shark, okay, they need better cages so this won't happen.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2310 on: December 08, 2019, 07:41:49 pm »
I've got a website now.

No you don't have a website now:

Future home of something quite cool.
If you're the site owner, log in to launch this site
If you are a visitor, check back soon.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2311 on: December 08, 2019, 10:16:56 pm »
She really got upset, running event:

Jogger Slaps Georgia TV Reporter’s Behind Live On-Air
December 8, 2019

Reporter Alex Bozarjian from WSAV-TV was on air with joggers as they ran past her at the Savannah Bridge Run 10K Saturday, when a man in a hat and sunglasses appeared to smack her as he ran past, video shows.

Bozarjian appeared stunned before composing herself and continuing her broadcast. She later tweeted:

See tweet and video:   https://newsbreakinglive.com/2019/12/08/jogger-slaps-georgia-tv-reporters-behind-live-on-air/

Some runners were gracious or festive.

Screenshots of slapper here:   https://twitter.com/GrrrlZilla/status/1203306427818926081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1203372986948112391&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnewsbreakinglive.com%2F2019%2F12%2F08%2Fjogger-slaps-georgia-tv-reporters-behind-live-on-air%2F
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 10:27:51 pm by TomSea »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2313 on: December 09, 2019, 12:47:01 am »
No you don't have a website now:
The original poster stopped posting here (alas) a couple years ago. You quoted a link from 2015.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2314 on: December 09, 2019, 08:02:33 am »
Assualt charges at 10, Jim.    :cool:
GMTA

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2315 on: December 09, 2019, 02:20:27 pm »
The original poster stopped posting here (alas) a couple years ago. You quoted a link from 2015.

For me, 2015 is like yesterday.  So...…

Time is relative.  When you're 10, 1 year is 10% of your life. When you're 50, it's 2%.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2316 on: December 09, 2019, 02:57:11 pm »

Time is relative.  When you're 10, 1 year is 10% of your life. When you're 50, it's 2%.

Be that as it may, I miss @EC quite a lot. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2317 on: December 09, 2019, 11:22:38 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

That is an outstanding example that you CAN pick your relatives.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2318 on: December 12, 2019, 03:36:12 pm »
DMV made a woman walk without her cane before it would renew her license. She fell and broke her wrist
Bruce Vielmetti, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

MILWAUKEE, Wis. — A Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles worker told a 78-year-old woman she had to walk across the room without her cane before she could renew her license.  Under protest, the woman complied, and in the process fell, broke her wrist and was denied renewal. ...

Her husband, Ronald Wobschall, objected and asked the examiner how walking without her cane related to his wife's license renewal. The examiner insisted, and Mary got up, without her cane, and tried to follow orders.

She fell and broke her wrist. The examiner denied her renewal and gave her a form saying she would need a general medical examination "due to fall at DMV + confusion" before she could renew.

Wobschall had surgery on her wrist. She died four months later, from other causes. ...
Rest of story via MSN
Confusion?! She's lying on the floor in pain with a broken wrist because this DMV numnutz made a woman with two knee replacements walk without her cane. The family is suing the state.
Link to Milwaukee Journal Sentinel story.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2319 on: December 12, 2019, 03:50:56 pm »
Rest of story via MSN
Confusion?! She's lying on the floor in pain with a broken wrist because this DMV numnutz made a woman with two knee replacements walk without her cane. The family is suing the state.
Link to Milwaukee Journal Sentinel story.

@mountaineer

PLEASE tell me they are also suing that examiner personally. I like the idea of him spending the rest of his live living in a tent.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2320 on: December 12, 2019, 04:57:20 pm »
That DMV guy must have been trained by the TSA.  The TSA makes me walk through without my cane too. 

Stupid bureaucracies.  I hope this lady's estate wrings every dime it can get from these idiots.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2321 on: December 15, 2019, 02:02:10 pm »
CBS News Touts Going Meatless After 2030 To Avoid Climate ‘Crisis’

Climate Change Dispatch by by Joseph Vazquez on Dec 13, 2019

https://climatechangedispatch.com/cbs-meatless-2030-climate-crisis/

It looks like livestock production is contributing to climate change and we need to hit “peak meat” by 2030 to avoid an “ecological disaster.” At least, that’s the idea CBS News is touting from “scientists.”

In a bizarre Dec. 12 article headlined “World must hit ‘peak meat’ by 2030 to avoid climate crisis, scientists say,” CBS News reported that “in a letter published in the Lancet Planetary Health, more than 50 scientists recommend setting 2030 as the peak year for meat consumption, after which it needs to drop dramatically.”

Stranger still, CBS summarized the letter’s claims in the beginning paragraph, suggesting, “With livestock production contributing to climate change, people need to drastically reduce how much meat they eat to help stave off ecological disaster, a group of scientists warn.”

So, does this mean we all need to become vegans now?

More at link.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2322 on: December 15, 2019, 02:09:39 pm »

Sounds like some PETA whackos must have infiltrated CBS management ranks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2323 on: December 15, 2019, 02:32:51 pm »
This little piggy went to court: German piglets 'sue over castration

Berlin (AFP) - Little piggies go to market, but in Germany they also go to court.

In a legal first, animal rights activists have asked Germany's top court to ban the practice of castrating young male pigs without anaesthetic -- with the piglets themselves listed as the plaintiffs.

The painful procedure has become increasingly controversial in Europe and has been banned in Sweden, Norway and Switzerland.

Farmers argue that the castration of piglets a few days after birth is necessary to prevent "boar taint", the occasional occurrence of a foul smell when cooking pork from male pigs past puberty.

https://news.yahoo.com/little-piggy-went-court-german-piglets-sue-over-033201501.html
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 02:33:38 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2324 on: December 15, 2019, 02:41:09 pm »
I am really starting to foster an extreme extreme dislike of animal rights activist. 

Just think if every $ wasted at PETA and ASPCA was re-directed to local pet shelters.  Now that's a Christmas wish.