Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 532525 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2200 on: September 28, 2019, 01:24:33 pm »
Ah...

There once was a man from Adair
who tried to make love on the stair. .  .

Oh goody.  Are limericks back on?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2201 on: September 29, 2019, 12:01:13 am »
Sounds like he came before he went...

:cool: :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2202 on: September 29, 2019, 12:02:42 am »
Oh goody.  Are limericks back on?

Forgive me... It is the tamest one I know, and so very apropos....
 :laugh:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2203 on: September 30, 2019, 05:11:00 pm »
Two Amish men escape police after being pulled over for drinking and driving their horse and buggy

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/18/us/amish-men-drinking-and-driving-trnd/index.html
It happens a lot more than you realize.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2204 on: September 30, 2019, 05:39:49 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Hermsdorfer turned the horse over to a local farmer until the two men came forward. The sheriff's department has attempted to call different people to pick up the horse, but no one has answered the phone, according to the report.

Amish people have phones?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2205 on: September 30, 2019, 06:19:49 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

And computers with internet connections.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2206 on: September 30, 2019, 06:43:29 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Just not in their homes.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2207 on: September 30, 2019, 07:11:40 pm »
It happens a lot more than you realize.
Yeah, but the horse knows the way home.

A guy here got a DUI on a mule, and tried the same defense (the mule knew where it was going). It didn't work.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2208 on: September 30, 2019, 11:06:29 pm »
And computers with internet connections.

@Cyber Liberty

I have to admit I am surprised. Never known any practicing Amish,but I have known a few Mennonites,and I would be surprised if any of them own computers.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2209 on: September 30, 2019, 11:22:23 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I have to admit I am surprised. Never known any practicing Amish,but I have known a few Mennonites,and I would be surprised if any of them own computers.

Amish here have a study center where they would have phones and internet in order to communicate for business.

The Mennonites and Hutterites around here are just like you and me, having phones and internet like anyone else.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2210 on: September 30, 2019, 11:26:19 pm »
Amish here have a study center where they would have phones and internet in order to communicate for business.

The Mennonites and Hutterites around here are just like you and me, having phones and internet like anyone else.

It's for business.  They sell a crapton of good furniture.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2211 on: September 30, 2019, 11:36:07 pm »
It's for business.  They sell a crapton of good furniture.

That's right - I have one of their infra-red electric heaters in a beautiful cherry-wood case... Fixin to buy another one to build into the bench going in the shed/shop... That little heater will keep that shed way above freezing... Nice even though I have a wood stove for when I am out there...

Offline verga

« Reply #2212 on: October 01, 2019, 10:13:36 am »

Because the Mennonite church does not have a singular head the local leaders have a lot of latitude as to what they will allow and won't.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2213 on: October 01, 2019, 02:23:34 pm »
Because the Mennonite church does not have a singular head the local leaders have a lot of latitude as to what they will allow and won't.

Which is why I said 'around here'.  happy77

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2214 on: October 02, 2019, 08:02:34 pm »
A woman risked her life when she climbed into an enclosure at the Bronx Zoo in New York and appeared to taunt a lion inside. Police are still looking for the intruder, according to CBS New York.

Video of the woman's reckless romp with a lion was posted on Instagram over the weekend. The woman is seen waving and dancing

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bronx-zoo-lion-woman-climbs-into-exhibit-at-new-york-bronx-zoo-appears-to-taunt-lion-caught-on-camera-instagram/

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #2215 on: October 02, 2019, 09:49:04 pm »
A woman risked her life when she climbed into an enclosure at the Bronx Zoo in New York and appeared to taunt a lion inside. Police are still looking for the intruder, according to CBS New York.

Video of the woman's reckless romp with a lion was posted on Instagram over the weekend. The woman is seen waving and dancing

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bronx-zoo-lion-woman-climbs-into-exhibit-at-new-york-bronx-zoo-appears-to-taunt-lion-caught-on-camera-instagram/
And if the lion had attacked/ killer her, they would have shot the lion. I am willing to be that either drugs or alcohol was involved.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2216 on: October 05, 2019, 11:38:21 pm »
PICTURED: Woman, 38, wearing a bag of meth as a hair BOW is pulled over by cop for a traffic stop

Jessica Bernice Kropp, 38, was caught wearing a bag of methamphetamine as a bow in her hair in Flippin, Arkansas
    Kropp used a rubber band to bind the bag in a bow-like shape and clipped it to her hair with a bobby pin
    The discovery was made by an officer who pulled her over for routine traffic stop on the evening of September 24
    She initially claimed she didn't know the bow was there and that someone put it in her hair without her knowledge
    The officer found multiple bags of methamphetamine and other drug paraphernalia after searching the vehicle
    She was booked at the Marion County Sheriff's Office and given a $22,530 bond

By Lauren Edmonds For Dailymail.com
Published: 10:49 EDT, 4 October 2019 | Updated: 11:02 EDT, 4 October 2019

An Arkansas woman has been arrested after cops found  bag of methamphetamine dressed up as a bow in her hair.

Flippin police officer Kenneth Looney pulled over Jessica Bernice Kropp and found the drug inspired hair piece on September 24.  ...  Full story at Daily Mail

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2217 on: October 05, 2019, 11:47:57 pm »
"Flippin, Arkansas"   :silly:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2218 on: October 06, 2019, 01:11:38 am »
"Flippin, Arkansas"   :silly:
NOT Florida! omg

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2219 on: October 06, 2019, 03:25:52 am »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2220 on: October 26, 2019, 01:55:26 pm »
Southwest flight attendant caught pilots watching bathroom livestream: suit
By Ben Feuerherd
October 25, 2019 | 9:59pm
A flight attendant for Southwest Airlines says in a shocking new lawsuit that she caught two pilots streaming hidden-camera footage into the cockpit — live, from the airplane’s bathroom, a report said Friday.

Attendant Renee Steinaker alleges in her lawsuit that she discovered the sick surveillance during a 2017 flight from Pittsburgh to Phoenix, Arizona Central reported.

At some point during the flight, the pilot, Capt. Terry Graham, asked her to come to the cockpit so he could go to the bathroom, the suit alleges.  ...

Steinaker noticed an iPad on the windshield showing a livestream video playing on it of Graham in the bathroom, according to the report. ...
Full story at NY Post

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2221 on: October 28, 2019, 02:01:13 pm »
Man Hurt in Golf Cart Crash at Maryland Nudist Resort
By Associated Press and NBC Washington Staff
Published 3 hours ago

A man was hurt this weekend in a golf cart crash at a nudist resort in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.

The man crashed into a tree Saturday afternoon at the Maryland Health Society, The Capital Gazette reported. The group is the oldest nonprofit, clothing-optional health resort and campground in the country, its website says. ...

He was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Man-Hurt-in-Golf-Cart-Crash-at-Maryland-Nudist-Resort-563970311.html

No helmet!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2222 on: October 28, 2019, 05:48:03 pm »
@mountaineer

He was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.

Did he have anything to protect his...uh...balls? 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2223 on: October 28, 2019, 05:58:05 pm »
Not sure where to put this, but it has made national news and I thought it might qualify as ridiculous:

Pittsburgh bus with passenger aboard swallowed by massive sinkhole

The morning commute was more of a struggle than usual for commuters in the Steel City Monday, after a large sinkhole opened up in downtown Pittsburgh and swallowed part of a bus.

The Port Authority of Allegheny County said the incident happened on Penn Avenue at 10th Street during the height of the morning rush hour, when the sinkhole opened up and swallowed the back section of the bus.

Photos from the scene showed the entire rear of the bus in the sinkhole, with the front part of the vehicle sticking up in the air.

More of the story and a photo of the bus at:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/sinkhole-bus-pittsburgh-swallowed-pennsylvania

Offline thackney

« Reply #2224 on: October 28, 2019, 07:03:30 pm »
Not sure where to put this, but it has made national news and I thought it might qualify as ridiculous:

Pittsburgh bus with passenger aboard swallowed by massive sinkhole

More of the story and a photo of the bus at:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/sinkhole-bus-pittsburgh-swallowed-pennsylvania

First sinkhole I have seen with perfectly straight and square lines.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer