Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528612 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2150 on: September 03, 2019, 03:40:18 pm »
It's not just the grilling that bothers this chippie.  She also doesn't like her neighbors' kids playing basketball or the smell of her neighbors' cigarettes.  She's gone to court over her complaints a few times and is still going to court.   One neighbor has curtailed the barbecuing and the kids' basketball playing, so now she's going after the other neighbors. Seems to me she's a bitter, miserable harpie trying to make her neighbors as miserable as she is.  A smart judge would tell this woman that since she is apparently the only one in the neighborhood with these problems, maybe she should move.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2151 on: September 03, 2019, 04:37:23 pm »
It's not just the grilling that bothers this chippie.  She also doesn't like her neighbors' kids playing basketball or the smell of her neighbors' cigarettes.  She's gone to court over her complaints a few times and is still going to court.   One neighbor has curtailed the barbecuing and the kids' basketball playing, so now she's going after the other neighbors. Seems to me she's a bitter, miserable harpie trying to make her neighbors as miserable as she is.  A smart judge would tell this woman that since she is apparently the only one in the neighborhood with these problems, maybe she should move.

I'd settle for the Judge declaring her a Vexatious Litigator.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2152 on: September 03, 2019, 04:41:45 pm »
I'd settle for the Judge declaring her a Vexatious Litigator.

That's even better.  But I don't know if that sort of thing exists in Australia.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2153 on: September 03, 2019, 04:44:03 pm »
That's even better.  But I don't know if that sort of thing exists in Australia.

:shrug:

Then make the loser pay for the legal costs of her targets.  Treble it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2154 on: September 03, 2019, 04:55:19 pm »
:shrug:

Then make the loser pay for the legal costs of her targets.  Treble it.

Working for lawyers, I've seen my share of frivolous lawsuits.  We have remedies here, but I think they haven't been applied nearly enough. 

Years ago, there was a local guy who was always suing someone.  He was a lawyer and as far as I could tell, his only client was himself.  The firm I worked for at the time represented a dentist who was sued because he allegedly did 't tell this lawyer that a root canal would hurt.  Really?  The dentist (actually his malpractice insurance carrier) settled for a few thousand.   I guess they figured it would be cheaper than  fighting this guy in court.  Judges knew this man was a flake, but they wouldn't dismiss his actions.  Actually, one judge did and the lawyer promptly sued the judge.  Judges were afraid of him, I guess.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2155 on: September 03, 2019, 05:20:02 pm »
Working for lawyers, I've seen my share of frivolous lawsuits.  We have remedies here, but I think they haven't been applied nearly enough. 

Years ago, there was a local guy who was always suing someone.  He was a lawyer and as far as I could tell, his only client was himself.  The firm I worked for at the time represented a dentist who was sued because he allegedly did 't tell this lawyer that a root canal would hurt.  Really?  The dentist (actually his malpractice insurance carrier) settled for a few thousand.   I guess they figured it would be cheaper than  fighting this guy in court.  Judges knew this man was a flake, but they wouldn't dismiss his actions.  Actually, one judge did and the lawyer promptly sued the judge.  Judges were afraid of him, I guess.

Lawfare is rampant.
I will NOT comply.

Offline verga

« Reply #2156 on: September 03, 2019, 05:29:30 pm »
QFT  :beer: At some point the judicial system has got to say "Enough is enough."
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2157 on: September 03, 2019, 05:36:52 pm »
Lawfare is rampant.

Well, I suspect that's how this lawyer made a living since it seems he didn't have any clients except for himself.  Basically, he was running an extortion racket allowed by the courts.

Haven't heard anything about him lately.  Wonder if he's still alive.  If he is, he would have to be close to 100.  Maybe too feeble to go around suing people now.

Online corbe

« Reply #2158 on: September 03, 2019, 05:38:41 pm »
Triggered vegan takes neighbor to court over BBQ ‘odor’

Andrew West  September 3, 2019

The funny thing about tolerance is that those who profess to possess it tend to be the first to infringe on other people’s lives.

Mankind should be tolerant, of course – it is perhaps one of the most noble traits that we have as sentient beings.  We can look at one another and chalk up our differences to the fact that we are one of the very few animals on this planet with differences of opinion.  This diversity makes us who we are, and separates us from the rest of the wildlife we encounter on a daily basis.

But tolerance and entitlement must always remain separate.  The civilized world doesn’t aim to force personal choices like religion or lifestyle on one another.

Different strokes for different folks, right?

<..snip..>

https://freedomoutpost.com/triggered-vegan-takes-neighbor-to-court-over-bbq-odor/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2159 on: September 03, 2019, 05:46:53 pm »

Everything’s at steak on this case.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2160 on: September 03, 2019, 05:47:46 pm »

22222frying pan 

LOL

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2161 on: September 03, 2019, 05:49:17 pm »

I dunno.  Something fishy about the whole thing.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2162 on: September 03, 2019, 05:58:33 pm »

Ah, gentle ribbing...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2163 on: September 04, 2019, 04:07:28 am »
QFT  :beer: At some point the judicial system has got to say "Enough is enough."
Yes, you'd think so, but to what purpose? This is all money in the bank for lawyers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2164 on: September 04, 2019, 04:09:57 am »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #2165 on: September 04, 2019, 01:50:10 pm »
Geraldo Rivera says that AR-15 owners have ‘small penises’

by Julio Rosas

September 03, 2019 09:31 PM

Fox News correspondent Geraldo Rivera accused AR-15 rifle owners of using the gun to compensate for small penis size.

Responding to comedian Sarah Silverman's tweet that mocked hunters for possessing similar insecurities, Rivera said, "AR15 are the symptom of small penises."

Claiming "their products are used for their only intended purpose: to mimic military assault weapons to kill and maim people," Rivera had said earlier that companies manufacturing AR-15 rifles should be sued for damages, much like opioid makers and tobacco companies.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/geraldo-rivera-says-that-ar-15-owners-have-small-penises
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline verga

« Reply #2166 on: September 04, 2019, 02:04:43 pm »

by Julio Rosas

Fox News correspondent Geraldo Rivera accused AR-15 rifle owners of using the gun to compensate for small penis size.

Responding to comedian Sarah Silverman's tweet that mocked hunters for possessing similar insecurities, Rivera said, "AR15 are the symptom of small penises."

Claiming "their products are used for their only intended purpose: to mimic military assault weapons to kill and maim people," Rivera had said earlier that companies manufacturing AR-15 rifles should be sued for damages, much like opioid makers and tobacco companies.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/geraldo-rivera-says-that-ar-15-owners-have-small-penises
Jerry Rivers has his head up his AOC (Didn't we used to have a Donkey Smiley?)
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2167 on: September 04, 2019, 02:57:05 pm »
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2169 on: September 04, 2019, 11:33:38 pm »

by Julio Rosas

<..snip..>

Well, geez, if they are just for killing and maiming people, and there are between 5 and 10 million out there (not counting all the AKs and such, too), the streets should be running with blood, and the undertakers should be working overtime.  Reality is that a tiny fraction of these firearms are used by criminals to perpetrate murder and maiming, and Jerry should just wring out his panties, untie the knots in them and hit the shower.

Flying and driving Kennedys have killed far more people than my AR.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2170 on: September 08, 2019, 06:48:41 pm »
The Daily Mail asking the important questions: "Is Meghan Markle a jinx on Serena Williams?"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7439447/Disappointed-Meghan-Markle-watches-Serena-Williams-lose-friend-fails-win-Open.html
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2171 on: September 08, 2019, 10:00:51 pm »
The Daily Mail asking the important questions: "Is Meghan Markle a jinx on Serena Williams?"
Works for me.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online corbe

« Reply #2172 on: September 10, 2019, 02:07:23 am »
Vegan influencer Mythical Mia who 'rescued' 16 rabbits in violent raid on bunny farm in Spain 'killed nearly 100 more' and left others with severed spines

•Vegan activist 'Mythical Mia' said she had rescued 16 rabbits from a Spanish farm
•Reports in Spain say several of them had just given birth, leaving bunnies behind
•Another five pregnant rabbits are said to have died during the chaotic raid

By Tim Stickings For Mailonline

Published: 04:41 EDT, 9 September 2019  | Updated: 06:39 EDT, 9 September 2019 

A vegan activist's 'rescue mission' at a rabbit farm in Spain last week actually led to the deaths of nearly 100 bunnies, it has been claimed.

'Mythical Mia', as she calls herself, was left covered in blood and claimed angry farmers had shot at her through a car window as she made her escape.

The British activist proudly said she had saved 16 rabbits from the farm in Osona, but reports in Spain say several of the 'rescued' animals had just given birth, leaving dozens of bunnies stranded without a mother. 

Unable to fend for themselves, 90 helpless bunnies had to be put down, according to La Vanguardia.

On top of that, five pregnant rabbits died during the raid while others are said to have lost their babies. Others still suffered broken spines, it is reported.

<..snip..>

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7442869/Vegan-rescue-mission-killed-nearly-100-rabbits-Spain.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2173 on: September 10, 2019, 02:10:47 am »
"Broken spines?" 9999hair out0000

:soangry:
I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2174 on: September 10, 2019, 02:27:12 am »
I think she got off lucky.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.