Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 532398 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #2000 on: July 10, 2019, 08:29:41 pm »

**nononono*

Yeah.
If she'd have been thinking, she might have just filled it up with water.
Then the kids could have done their swimmin and been tired by the time they got home.
And the car would be washed. What a time saver that would be.

But no diving board. That wouldn't be safe  :nono:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2001 on: July 11, 2019, 12:20:23 am »
Yeah.
If she'd have been thinking, she might have just filled it up with water.
Then the kids could have done their swimmin and been tired by the time they got home.
And the car would be washed. What a time saver that would be.

But no diving board. That wouldn't be safe  :nono:

Now you're just being silly.  You put 2-300# of water in a flexible pool, how are you going to lift up and put in on top of a car?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2002 on: July 11, 2019, 07:32:12 am »
Now you're just being silly.  You put 2-300# of water in a flexible pool, how are you going to lift up and put in on top of a car?
Put the pool on top, then add the water...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #2003 on: July 11, 2019, 11:46:04 am »
Put the pool on top, then add the water...

Are straps or rope really such a complicated topic that she wouldn't consider using them?

Because the water, when she first accelerates....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2004 on: July 11, 2019, 01:47:53 pm »
Are straps or rope really such a complicated topic that she wouldn't consider using them?

Because the water, when she first accelerates....

Well, reading between the lines, she and the girls were doing fine right up to when she got stopped. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2005 on: July 11, 2019, 01:59:48 pm »

ROTFLMAO!!!

Well, a backhoe of course. You DO have a backhoe, right?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2006 on: July 11, 2019, 05:43:11 pm »
ROTFLMAO!!!

Black Ho? That's racist..........oh you said backhoe? Never mind

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2007 on: July 11, 2019, 06:35:50 pm »
Black Ho? That's racist..........oh you said backhoe? Never mind

LOL!

No really. Everybody needs a backhoe.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2008 on: July 11, 2019, 10:15:36 pm »
LOL!

No really. Everybody needs a backhoe.
I'd love to have one. It could be handy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #2009 on: July 11, 2019, 11:23:22 pm »

Yes indeed.  It is on the wish list.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

« Reply #2010 on: July 11, 2019, 11:27:10 pm »
ROTFLMAO!!!

I'd need a fronthoe and a backhoe, because my property is so small there's no way to get one from the front yard to the back.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2011 on: July 11, 2019, 11:54:25 pm »

We got rid of the 580 Case... It's a loader and a hoe, and nothing else. Got rid of a JD 410 Extendahoe a while before that.. for the same reason... Funny that we did that twice, but that's how diggity having a hoe can be...

I can't remember which one it is right now, but we've a little mid-range JD 4wd and I am looking for the hoe attachment for that for more versatility.

I'd kinda like a bigger Massey or Ford from back in the day... Would be nice for the ability for a bigger brush hog, tine aerator, and a real box scraper... I know the old Fords could take a hoe attachment, and maybe the Masseys too... But if I could trip over something like that, that would be even better... Other than anything that old ain't gonna be joysticks on the hoe, and I ain't run that old school stuff for a long, long time...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2012 on: July 11, 2019, 11:56:36 pm »
I'd need a fronthoe and a backhoe, because my property is so small there's no way to get one from the front yard to the back.

I'd have to move.  :shrug:

« Reply #2013 on: July 12, 2019, 12:17:48 am »
I'd have to move.  :shrug:

Part of me would like to be able to shoot a rifle off my porch without any chance of hitting anyone who wasn't trespassing.  Another part wanted to be able to drop my boat in salt water w/o having to trailer it to a ramp.  I picked one, then got too old and ornery to ever want to move again.

I suppose I could go back and work another 30 years so I could afford both, but then I'd be too old to enjoy them [I'll get back to you in 30 years and we can review the "too old" part].

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2014 on: July 12, 2019, 12:31:45 am »
Part of me would like to be able to shoot a rifle off my porch without any chance of hitting anyone who wasn't trespassing.  Another part wanted to be able to drop my boat in salt water w/o having to trailer it to a ramp.  I picked one, then got too old and ornery to ever want to move again.

I suppose I could go back and work another 30 years so I could afford both, but then I'd be too old to enjoy them [I'll get back to you in 30 years and we can review the "too old" part].

If my neighbor is in his front yard, and I am in mine, and I can pick up a rock, chuck it at his head, and actually hit him, that's way too close.

I am barely in that condition now... And if I were younger and my arm worked like it used to, I would be all the way in that condition... It's too dang close.

If I ever get my legs all the way back, I am heading for the sticks. There is something very important about waking up in the morning, walking out the door, and peeing off the porch.

I have found that waiving at my neighbor while doing that can be distracting.  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2015 on: July 12, 2019, 12:35:25 am »
We got rid of the 580 Case... It's a loader and a hoe, and nothing else. Got rid of a JD 410 Extendahoe a while before that.. for the same reason... Funny that we did that twice, but that's how diggity having a hoe can be...

I can't remember which one it is right now, but we've a little mid-range JD 4wd and I am looking for the hoe attachment for that for more versatility.

I'd kinda like a bigger Massey or Ford from back in the day... Would be nice for the ability for a bigger brush hog, tine aerator, and a real box scraper... I know the old Fords could take a hoe attachment, and maybe the Masseys too... But if I could trip over something like that, that would be even better... Other than anything that old ain't gonna be joysticks on the hoe, and I ain't run that old school stuff for a long, long time...

@roamer_1

Take a look at the TYM line of tractors. Most parts made in Korea,but mine has a Japanese diesel engine,and they are assembled in central NC. I THINK they also have an assembly plant somewhere in the west. They are also sometimes called "Case" these days. Or at least the smaller and mid-sized ones. Don't believe me,take a look at the TYM's and then go take a look at the new Case tractors.

I love my old 58 HP 345D Ford,but it is configured as only a front end loader right now,and it's only 2wd and a lot of the work I do with it is in soft ground. SOB is HEAVY and hard to get out when it's stuck and both (slick) back tires are spinning free. I bought it from a small city that only used it with a side mounted mower to mow the ditches along the roads,so it doesn't have that many hours,but tractor tires don't last long on asphalt or concrete roads.

I needed a 4x4,so I bit the bullet and bought the new TYM with 4x4,bucket,box blade,cab,and air-conditioning and heat as well as a AM-FM radio. One of the smaller ones that weighs about 3,000 lbs,which is less than half of what the 345D weighs.

I have to admit I like the column mounted shuttle shift on the 345D more than I do the two pedals in the floor for forward and backwards. Already ran into the side of my new truck when I hit the "brake" pedal without thinking,and instead of stopping it went forward . The 12 speed shuttle shift is a dream to work with
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2016 on: July 12, 2019, 12:59:31 am »
@roamer_1

Take a look at the TYM line of tractors. Most parts made in Korea,but mine has a Japanese diesel engine,and they are assembled in central NC. I THINK they also have an assembly plant somewhere in the west. They are also sometimes called "Case" these days. Or at least the smaller and mid-sized ones. Don't believe me,take a look at the TYM's and then go take a look at the new Case tractors.

@sneakypete
I looked at Yanmar pretty hard. I am governed by parts and dealership, and around here that's gonna be JD or Kubota for the most part. I can do Case parts through a local shop here, but it ain't a real dealer. Yanmar is down in Missoula though, which is 120 miles off... Which ain't that bad for a midrange tractor... I can toss it on a trailer and have it there in a couple hours.

But local is better, and it can't be Kubota, because I dotted the owners eye a while back and ever since then we really don't get along. So... I wound up sticking with John Deere.

I love my old 58 HP 345D Ford,

That's just about exactly what I am looking for. If it has the hooks on the back for the backhoe, that, or something just about like it would be the ticket.

That midrange of ours is somewhere around that HP, and 4wd, But I will tell you right now, it don't stand in the shade of that ol Ford. Too light. Won't side hill (this is MT after all). Can't put the tine aerator on it at all, unless I only fill it part way up. And the cheesy little box scraper i got ain't half of a real one, and that JD has trouble with it.

« Reply #2017 on: July 12, 2019, 01:17:40 am »
If my neighbor is in his front yard, and I am in mine, and I can pick up a rock, chuck it at his head, and actually hit him, that's way too close.

I am barely in that condition now... And if I were younger and my arm worked like it used to, I would be all the way in that condition... It's too dang close.

If I ever get my legs all the way back, I am heading for the sticks. There is something very important about waking up in the morning, walking out the door, and peeing off the porch.

I have found that waiving at my neighbor while doing that can be distracting.  :shrug:

Try waiving with your left hand.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2018 on: July 12, 2019, 03:30:36 am »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2019 on: July 12, 2019, 11:39:13 am »
Try waiving with your left hand.

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Well,he could wave with his right hand,but his neighbor might think he is trying to brag.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2021 on: July 12, 2019, 09:57:41 pm »
This is fun:

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/11/4011217508578575266/1024x576_MP4_4011217508578575266.mp4

@Sanguine

I am betting they could have all ran a great deal faster if someone had just added ONE real T-Rex to the race.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2022 on: July 12, 2019, 10:03:55 pm »
@Sanguine

I am betting they could have all ran a great deal faster if someone had just added ONE real T-Rex to the race.

Yeah, but they're hard to load into those race chute thingies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2023 on: July 12, 2019, 10:39:46 pm »
Yeah, but they're hard to load into those race chute thingies.

@Sanguine

Nothing worth doing is ever easy.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2024 on: July 13, 2019, 09:59:18 am »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.