Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 534813 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1975 on: June 30, 2019, 03:16:27 pm »
In my defense, at least I didn't take a wineglass from the housewares department.

@mountaineer

Ahhhh,nothing says "sophisticated palate" quite like Wal-Mart wine!

You realize,of course,that it is now only a matter of time before someone starts posting "Walmartian videos"?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 03:17:32 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1976 on: June 30, 2019, 07:41:41 pm »
In my defense, at least I didn't take a wineglass from the housewares department.

Your mamma raised you right.
 :beer:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1977 on: June 30, 2019, 10:36:49 pm »
Guy Checks A Single Can Of Beer After Airline Told Him He Couldn’t Board With It

Millions of passengers are constantly annoyed by airlines’ policies, and the rules are getting more absurd and unreasonable. They overcharge tickets, overbook flights, and are often inconsiderate towards their passengers.

Sometimes, an act of defiance is necessary to shake up authorities because these actions show them that it’s unacceptable to mistreat their clients. That’s probably what this passenger had in mind when he created a scene at a Melbourne airport.

http://justsomething.co/guy-checks-a-single-can-of-beer-after-airline-told-him-he-couldnt-board-with-it/?fbclid=IwAR0jx1JD2faKSeiqrNapISWZUEJ2nqJUMngFmH22S_bvFWB2JWVgZ35XA0U
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1978 on: June 30, 2019, 10:49:56 pm »
Guy Checks A Single Can Of Beer After Airline Told Him He Couldn’t Board With It

Sounds like something I'd do.   I do swear it wasn't me though.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1979 on: July 01, 2019, 01:28:29 am »
That’s probably what this passenger had in mind when he created a scene at a Melbourne airport.

LOL!
I was thinking...
Either American redneck, Irish, or Ozzie...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1980 on: July 02, 2019, 12:18:41 pm »
Serial toilet clogger sentenced to 150 days in jail, 3 years of probation
Diana Dombrowski

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - A 26-year-old Wisconsin man was sentenced Monday to three years of probation for clogging women's toilets in Deland Park and at his place of work.

Patrick D. Beeman  was originally charged with 12 misdemeanors of criminal damage to property, but seven of the charges were dismissed in early June.

As conditions of probation, Beeman will have to serve 150 days in jail, pay more than $5,500 in restitution, not be allowed to possess or consumer alcohol or any controlled substances, and complete 100 hours of community service.  ...

According to a criminal complaint, officers found a toilet in the women's bathroom at Deland Community Center clogged by a plastic bottle last March. Water was overflowing from the toilet.

Officers had checked the restrooms the previous evening and the toilets were not damaged. Officers reviewed 10 similar incidents beginning in April 2017 where toilets were clogged. The city determined each incident caused about $200 in damage, the complaint said.  ...
USA Today via MSN
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1981 on: July 02, 2019, 12:34:15 pm »
Mom: United put teen son on the wrong international flight
Associated Press | Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:53 a.m.

RALEIGH, N.C. — A North Carolina woman says United Airlines put her teenage son on the wrong international flight, nearly sending him to Germany instead of Sweden.

Christer Berg tells WRAL-TV that her 14-year-old son was traveling alone to visit his grandparents and realized something was wrong as the plane prepared for takeoff. She says her son texted her from the runway that it was odd a flight to Sweden was filled with so many people who spoke German.  ...
More

Seems to me Mom is at least as culpable. The flight number and destination are clearly indicated at the gate.  :shrug:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1982 on: July 02, 2019, 01:45:57 pm »
More

Seems to me Mom is at least as culpable. The flight number and destination are clearly indicated at the gate.  :shrug:

And, the 14 year old should have some awareness.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1983 on: July 02, 2019, 01:55:23 pm »
And, the 14 year old should have some awareness.

He was sharp enough to notice the other passengers were speaking the "wrong" language.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1984 on: July 09, 2019, 04:26:31 pm »
Woman trying to shoot someone in road rage incident ends up shooting husband in head: Sheriff

By     emily shapiro  Jul 9, 2019

A woman was allegedly trying to shoot someone in a road rage incident in Alabama when she ended up shooting her husband instead, authorities said.

The alleged road rage altercation took place at about 6:45 p.m. Saturday on a highway in Dodge City and carried over to a home in Bremen, according to the Cullman County Sheriff's Office.

Erica Cole was trying to shoot an unidentified person, according to the sheriff's office, but instead a bullet struck her husband, Nicholas Cole, in the head.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-shoot-road-rage-incident-ends-shooting-husband/story?id=64213597

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1985 on: July 09, 2019, 05:44:17 pm »

@TomSea

Erica Cole was trying to shoot an unidentified person, according to the sheriff's office, but instead a bullet struck her husband, Nicholas Cole, in the head.

Don't ya just HATE it when that happens?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1986 on: July 09, 2019, 06:10:22 pm »

https://mobile.twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1148647463093448704

BREAKING: Multiple people stabbed by naked man in downtown Seattle; suspect in custody - KOMO

One tweet said it happened at a Nordstrom's dept. store.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1987 on: July 09, 2019, 06:47:37 pm »
I think this one fits here as well!

Bill Clinton claims he ‘knows nothing’ about Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged sex crimes

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bill-clinton-claims-he-knows-nothing-about-jeffrey-epsteins-alleged-sex-crimes-2019-07-09
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

« Reply #1988 on: July 09, 2019, 08:50:35 pm »

Bill Clinton claims he ‘knows nothing’ about Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged sex crimes

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bill-clinton-claims-he-knows-nothing-about-jeffrey-epsteins-alleged-sex-crimes-2019-07-09

It absolutely belongs here.  "I did not sleep with that woman" comes to mind.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1989 on: July 10, 2019, 12:18:06 am »

@Bigun

"Ah did not have sex with that woman,Monica Lewinsky."

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1990 on: July 10, 2019, 08:51:05 am »
@Bigun

"Ah did not have sex with that woman,Monica Lewinsky."
I watched that presser. He was doing the finger pointing thing when he said "I did not have sex with that woman." (Pointing at Helen Thomas), then after that little pause, he said "Monica Lewinsky", which came off as a non-sequitur more than a denial of having sex with her.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1991 on: July 10, 2019, 01:05:39 pm »
I watched that presser. He was doing the finger pointing thing when he said "I did not have sex with that woman." (Pointing at Helen Thomas), then after that little pause, he said "Monica Lewinsky", which came off as a non-sequitur more than a denial of having sex with her.

@Smokin Joe

Didn't really matter. It was Bubba Bill,and everybody knew it was both a joke and a lie.

Remember the "Hit all depends on whut the meaning of the word "is" is.",with a big smile?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 01:06:57 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1992 on: July 10, 2019, 03:01:25 pm »
Dixon woman drove car with 2 kids inside inflatable pool on roof, police say

Updated 27 minutes ago

DIXON, Ill. (WLS) -- A woman in Dixon Illinois has been charged with child endangerment after police said she was driving a car with a pool on the roof with two children inside.

Police received a complaint at about 3:07 p.m. Tuesday and found a white Audi driving west on IL Route 2 west of Palmyra Road with a blue inflatable pool with two children inside on top of the car.

After conducting a traffic stop, police said the driver, 49-year-old Jennifer Yeager, told them that she drove into town to inflate the pool at a friend's house and had her two daughters ride inside the empty pool to hold it down on the drive home...

https://abc7chicago.com/dixon-woman-drove-car-with-2-kids-in-pool-on-roof-police-say/5387140/

It makes perfect sense.   :pondering:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1993 on: July 10, 2019, 03:17:06 pm »
 :rolling:
It makes perfect sense.   :pondering:

@Sanguine

That's funny,in a truly sick,distorted way.

I had to check to see she wasn't from Florida.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1994 on: July 10, 2019, 03:24:20 pm »
Loud fart gives away suspect's hiding spot, leads to arrest
Posted Jul 09 2019 04:34PM CDT
Updated Jul 09 2019 06:23PM CDT

CLAY COUNTY, Mo. (FOX 9) - When tracking down a suspect, law enforcement might use a K-9 to track down a scent.

This was not necessary for a recent arrest in Missouri.

According to the Clay County Sheriff's Office, over the weekend, Liberty police were searching for a person who a felony warrant for arrest. The person was wanted for possession of a controlled substance.

The suspect hid to avoid police, but apparently let out a fart so loudly, it gave up their hiding spot.

"We’ve gotta give props to Liberty PD for using their senses to sniff him out!" read a Facebook comment from the Clay County Sheriff's Office.
source

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1995 on: July 10, 2019, 04:28:58 pm »
@mountaineer

That is hilarious.  LOL

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1996 on: July 10, 2019, 05:00:09 pm »
The suspect hid to avoid police, but apparently let out a fart so loudly, it gave up their hiding spot.

I hate it when that happens.  **nononono*
Nervous flatulence.
It's a thing.
How I suffer.
Poor guy.

Offline thackney

« Reply #1997 on: July 10, 2019, 07:22:33 pm »
Dixon woman drove car with 2 kids inside inflatable pool on roof, police say

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1998 on: July 10, 2019, 08:05:17 pm »

Offline berdie

« Reply #1999 on: July 10, 2019, 08:24:07 pm »

In my mind I hear the conversation that might have taken place..

O.K. kids, get in the pool so we can get it home....and hold on tight.

O.K. Mom!!