Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528782 times)

Offline verga

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1925 on: May 22, 2019, 03:17:42 pm »
No one should ever throw Leggos away under any circumstances. Those things last for eternity. Give them to your children when they come, a neighbor, a cousin, or just donate them anywhere. It is a crime to throw them away.
My BIL had a complete set of the Original Hardy Boys books. My MIL threw them all out.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1926 on: May 22, 2019, 05:22:20 pm »
Televangelist's show sells $45 Trump coin as 'point of contact' to God

By Aris Folley - 05/16/19 09:54 AM EDT

"The Jim Bakker Show" recently promoted a coin decorated with President Trump's face as a "point of contact" with God.

In a viral clip of the promotion, evangelical author Lance Wallnau described the $45 coin as a means for believers to establish a “point of contact” with God.

“When I asked the Lord ‘Why the coin?’ he said ‘Because when you take the coin, it’s a point of contact,'” Wallnau said in the clip, which was shared on Twitter by Right Wing Watch, which "monitors and exposes the activities of Radical Right political organizations."

“So your faith is being released with a million other believers to pray protection and peace and wisdom and counsel over the president of the United States and over his family," he added.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/443997-televangelist-sells-45-trump-coin-being-peddled-to-believers-as

@corbe

Wallnau said in the clip, which was shared on Twitter by Right Wing Watch, which "monitors and exposes the activities of Radical Right political organizations."

This idiot is confusing religious loons with the right. Just ain't so. Most religious loons are leftists,and worship communism. Most are too stupid to understand that,but it doesn't change anything.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

« Reply #1927 on: May 24, 2019, 10:26:04 pm »
Owners of Noah's Ark replica sue insurers over rain damage

By Brooke Seipel - 05/24/19 05:38 PM EDT

The owners of a replica of Noah's Ark featured at the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, Ky., sued its insurers who refused to cover rain damage.

The ark's owner said heavy rains in 2017 and 2018 caused a landslide on its property and its five insurance carriers refused to cover damages totaling nearly $1 million. The ark itself was reportedly undamaged in the rains.

Ark Encounter is asking for compensatory and punitive damages and a jury trial in a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court. The suit names Swiss-based Allied World Assurance Co. Holdings, its use company and three other carriers.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/445497-owners-of-noahs-ark-replica-sue-insurers-over-rain-damage
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1928 on: May 24, 2019, 10:53:56 pm »
The ark itself was reportedly undamaged in the rains.
Well, duh.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1929 on: May 26, 2019, 02:45:29 am »

If you go to CVS you get it, what's up with those people? Too many receipts to keep track of though, yes, you can save money. You can also go to a machine when you go in and pick up coupons if you present your card code to it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1930 on: May 26, 2019, 03:14:59 am »
Speaking of ridiculous, I've wondered about this one for a long time.  Driving down the highway today I passed several sites where warning signs were posted on each side of the highway saying "Guardrail Damage Ahead".  And, sure enough, there was guardrail damage in each spot.  On the shoulder.  Well out of the traffic lanes.

Someone committed a lot of taxpayer money to have those signs printed and then placed and later collected on the ever-changing guardrail damage sites. 

So, what am I to make of the signs?  What action are they requiring me to do?  Genuflect as I pass?  Not veer off the highway and hit the damaged guardrail?  Neither?  Both?  Is there perhaps a fear that passing motorists will become mesmerized by the damage and like a moth to the flame, flame out on the damaged guardrail unless there are signs to tell you to expect the guardrail impairment?  I don't feel mesmerized when I pass those places, but maybe you don't know when you've been mesmerized.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #1931 on: May 26, 2019, 03:49:04 am »
Speaking of ridiculous, I've wondered about this one for a long time.  Driving down the highway today I passed several sites where warning signs were posted on each side of the highway saying "Guardrail Damage Ahead".  And, sure enough, there was guardrail damage in each spot.  On the shoulder.  Well out of the traffic lanes.

Someone committed a lot of taxpayer money to have those signs printed and then placed and later collected on the ever-changing guardrail damage sites. 

So, what am I to make of the signs?  What action are they requiring me to do?  Genuflect as I pass?  Not veer off the highway and hit the damaged guardrail?  Neither?  Both?  Is there perhaps a fear that passing motorists will become mesmerized by the damage and like a moth to the flame, flame out on the damaged guardrail unless there are signs to tell you to expect the guardrail impairment?  I don't feel mesmerized when I pass those places, but maybe you don't know when you've been mesmerized.

Protecting the state in case you hit a previously damaged guard rail and want to sue because it didn't protect you?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1932 on: May 26, 2019, 04:13:44 am »

Lets you know there were accidents in the area. Use caution.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1933 on: May 26, 2019, 03:15:45 pm »

Last time I was in TX I recall a sign at the beginning of construction zones:  It's the law to read all signs.  Still do that?  In CA they post the applicable fine for every sign, like carpool lanes.  "$257 fine for violation."  Signs designed to threaten more than to warn.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1934 on: May 26, 2019, 05:34:43 pm »
Protecting the state in case you hit a previously damaged guard rail and want to sue because it didn't protect you?

A lot of stupid signs and warnings come out of lawsuits.  My favorite is the warning on hair dryers -- DO NOT USE IN TUB OR SHOWER.  Manufacturers have to put those warnings on electric items because some idiot or idiots died trying to dry their hair while sitting in a tub of bath water and their loved ones sued.

Offline thackney

« Reply #1935 on: May 29, 2019, 12:02:14 pm »
Rescue Goat Suffering From Anxiety Only Calms Down In Her Duck Costume
http://justsomething.co/rescue-goat-suffers-anxiety-calms-duck-costume/

This is Polly, and she is not like all the other goats. She is a rescue goat suffering neurological problems, blindness, and is severely underweight. According to her owner Leanne Lauricella from Goats of Anarchy, Polly has been showing signs of anxiety and is restless whenever she can’t find her owner. The corners of the house they live is full of sucking marks due to Polly’s nervous habit of sucking on the wall.

All that changed, however, when Lauricella brought home a duck costume she bought at the kids’ section at Marshalls. From the first moment it was put on Polly, the costume had an instant calming effect on her. She transforms from a bundle of nerves to a serene duck-clad goat in moments....

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:05:53 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline rustynail

« Reply #1936 on: May 29, 2019, 12:07:09 pm »
Brian Kolfage’s Private Border Wall Hit With Cease And Desist..

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/28/kolfage-border-wall-cease-desist/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1937 on: May 29, 2019, 12:53:34 pm »
Rescue Goat Suffering From Anxiety Only Calms Down In Her Duck Costume
http://justsomething.co/rescue-goat-suffers-anxiety-calms-duck-costume/

This is Polly, and she is not like all the other goats. She is a rescue goat suffering neurological problems, blindness, and is severely underweight. According to her owner Leanne Lauricella from Goats of Anarchy, Polly has been showing signs of anxiety and is restless whenever she can’t find her owner. The corners of the house they live is full of sucking marks due to Polly’s nervous habit of sucking on the wall.

All that changed, however, when Lauricella brought home a duck costume she bought at the kids’ section at Marshalls. From the first moment it was put on Polly, the costume had an instant calming effect on her. She transforms from a bundle of nerves to a serene duck-clad goat in moments....

@thackney

It's easy to become cynical about human nature,but then a story like this pops up.

Offline thackney

« Reply #1938 on: May 29, 2019, 12:56:54 pm »
@thackney

It's easy to become cynical about human nature,but then a story like this pops up.

That goat has spent way too much time with humans.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1939 on: May 29, 2019, 01:02:08 pm »
That goat has spent way too much time with humans.

@thackney

Naw,goats are too stupid to understand what humans are. Hell,they barely understand what goats are.

Being blind on top of that means this one would starve to death or be killed in a day if it weren't for the kindness of the humans that take care of it.

Not that the humans don't benefit,too. They do. They get to feel good about themselves,and rightly so.

Offline verga

« Reply #1940 on: May 30, 2019, 01:44:20 am »
@thackney

Naw,goats are too stupid to understand what humans are. Hell,they barely understand what goats are.

Being blind on top of that means this one would starve to death or be killed in a day if it weren't for the kindness of the humans that take care of it.

Not that the humans don't benefit,too. They do. They get to feel good about themselves,and rightly so.
Still what the hell would ever give you the idea to put a duck costume on a goat? Seriously If I had a goat that was doing that stuff my first thought would not be "Hey Duck Costume" Hell it wouldn't be my 10th thought.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1941 on: May 30, 2019, 02:01:12 am »
Sorry guys. I apologize in advance. I have a ton of goat recipes and goat is delicious. I love it.
I have a cure for a blind nervous goat. It is not a duck costume.
Suppose this puts me outside of the 'empathetic' circle of society.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1942 on: May 30, 2019, 11:15:34 am »
Still what the hell would ever give you the idea to put a duck costume on a goat? Seriously If I had a goat that was doing that stuff my first thought would not be "Hey Duck Costume" Hell it wouldn't be my 10th thought.

But it might be your eleventh thought???
 :pondering: :laugh: :beer:

This is just goofy. Of course he calmed down - About every critter I know calms down if you wrap it tightly in a blanket or some such.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1943 on: May 30, 2019, 11:17:06 am »
Sorry guys. I apologize in advance. I have a ton of goat recipes and goat is delicious. I love it.

That's right.

I have a cure for a blind nervous goat. It is not a duck costume.
Suppose this puts me outside of the 'empathetic' circle of society.

Welcome  :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1944 on: May 30, 2019, 11:46:42 am »
I had some delicious goat at a Spanish/Portuguese restaurant in Pittsburgh, and would love to try it again.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #1945 on: May 30, 2019, 01:39:10 pm »
But it might be your eleventh thought???
 :pondering: :laugh: :beer:
maybe, or 12th

This is just goofy. Of course he calmed down - About every critter I know calms down if you wrap it tightly in a blanket or some such.
Absolutely, my grandmother had a "Thundershirt" for her one dog, but it wasn't a duck costume.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #1946 on: June 04, 2019, 12:53:07 am »
warning signs were posted on each side of the highway saying "Guardrail Damage Ahead".  And, sure enough, there was guardrail damage in each spot.  On the shoulder.  Well out of the traffic lanes.

So, what am I to make of the signs?  What action are they requiring me to do? 

;::::sigh::::: I have to explain everything.

See, if you are going to crash, be sure you crash where the guardrails are NOT damaged!  That isn't difficult.
It's like the "BABY ON BOARD" stickers on cars.  Crash in to ANOTHER car, not them.

My wife once commented on a bright yellow truck, how easy it was to see. 
I replied, "Yeah, that's good. If was black, I was going to run right into it."
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1947 on: June 04, 2019, 02:19:04 am »

See, if you are going to crash, be sure you crash where the guardrails are NOT damaged!  That isn't difficult.
It's like the "BABY ON BOARD" stickers on cars.  Crash in to ANOTHER car, not them.

You're right, @DeerSlayer.  That must be the correct course of action.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1948 on: June 04, 2019, 02:21:28 am »
You're right, @DeerSlayer.  That must be the correct course of action.

Next time the truck will be painted properly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1949 on: June 04, 2019, 07:36:24 am »

@DeerSlayer

Is your new wife more reasonable?