Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 532510 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1875 on: April 07, 2019, 03:23:03 am »
I'm trying to figure this one out, but am pretty sure it's ridiculous. Two long-retired staples of St. Louis TV news saw each other (the female was a guest on the male's radio show) and he had the audacity to tell her she "looked great." Someone at the radio station thought that was a horribly sexist thing for a 80-year-old man to say to a female friend, age 75. The radio station made such a stink, he resigned, even though the woman didn't have the slightest problem with the greeting.Full story at Post-Dispatch.

Uh, Don, Joe Biden didn't just tell women they looked nice. He pawed them, stuck his nose into their hair like he was a pig searching for truffles.
The same thing happened to me, in a way. A young Hispanic 20 something intern came into a meeting to give me a memo. I took the memo and said, 'Gracias. Usted esta muy bonita.' and thought nothing of it. Little did I know that management was losing their minds over this. Apparently all behind my back, there were discussions and emails about it. They called the girl in who could barely even remember what they were all upset about. And eventually they dropped it.

In today's environment of hyper-political correctness, going to work anywhere near women is like tip-toeing through a minefield. You can say to any guy, 'Hey, you look great! Is that a new suit?' Say the exact same thing to a woman and you could get fired.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1876 on: April 07, 2019, 04:16:36 am »
The same thing happened to me, in a way. A young Hispanic 20 something intern came into a meeting to give me a memo. I took the memo and said, 'Gracias. Usted esta muy bonita.' and thought nothing of it. Little did I know that management was losing their minds over this. Apparently all behind my back, there were discussions and emails about it. They called the girl in who could barely even remember what they were all upset about. And eventually they dropped it.

In today's environment of hyper-political correctness, going to work anywhere near women is like tip-toeing through a minefield. You can say to any guy, 'Hey, you look great! Is that a new suit?' Say the exact same thing to a woman and you could get fired.

That's "third-party" harassment.  It's the absolute worst of the types of harassment claims because neither party in the exchange has a problem, but some eavesdropper complains.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1877 on: April 07, 2019, 05:37:30 am »
That's "third-party" harassment.  It's the absolute worst of the types of harassment claims because neither party in the exchange has a problem, but some eavesdropper complains.
It's a classic form of SJW warriordom. Obviously, the people who should be offended (according to the SJWs) aren't intelligent enough to be offended, so they will be appropriately offended for you and make all the necessary complaints. It is the reason the NCAA went after the University of North Dakota's sports teams (The Fighting Sioux_ and the logo, despite the fact that it was designed by an American Indian and approved by the local Sioux tribe.) This crap is commonplace, now, so that even though the principals aren't offended nor intended offense, someone will make a big deal out of  it so they can seem important (and maybe eliminate more competent people who might stand in the way of their personal advancement.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1878 on: April 07, 2019, 03:53:33 pm »
What they did not comprehend is that in Mexico City, when and where I was, that was EXACTLY what I was expected to say.
Liberals have a huge problem with cultural differences. This is why they call Black people across the globe, "African Americans".
All they know is America. They cannot digest that there are other ways of thinking in the world.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #1879 on: April 09, 2019, 10:52:03 pm »
Police: Man buys $8 million island then steals from Kmart

April 9, 2019

In this April 6, 2019, photo made available by the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, Fla., shows Francis Lippi under arrest. Key West police said Lippi was arrested on a felony charge of grand theft. Lippi recently bought an $8 million island off Key West. He is accused in a scheme to steal $300 in household items from Kmart. (Monroe County Sheriff's Office via AP)

KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) — A man who had just bought an $8 million island off of Key West was arrested Saturday for participating in what police described as a scheme to steal $300 in household items from Kmart.

Officials at Kmart called Key West police April 5 after they say Andrew Francis Lippi, 59, had purchased several items, including a Keurig coffeemaker and light bulbs, and returned the original boxes for a refund. But police say the boxes were stuffed with other items. For example, store officials said a basketball was inside the Keurig box.

The store’s loss prevention officer provided detectives with video of Lippi buying and returning all of the items between March 30 and April 5, according to an arrest report.

<..snip..>

https://www.weaselzippers.us/417176-man-who-just-bought-8-million-island-accused-of-trying-to-scam-k-mart-out-of-300/#disqus_thread
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1880 on: April 11, 2019, 01:32:29 pm »
FLORIDA MAN CALLING HIMSELF 'THE SAINT' THREATENED TO UNLEASH HIS ARMY OF TURTLES TO DESTROY TOWN

Florida man Thomas Devaney Lane referred to himself as “the saint” as he threatened to release his turtle army to destroy people in the town of Indialantic, according to police.

The 61-year-old is also accused of yelling obscenities and causing disturbances at businesses along N. Miramar Avenue on Sunday, including Starbucks Coffee, Surfanista Café and Sassy Granny’s Smoothies, Click Orlando reported.

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-man-turtle-army-saint-destroy-town-1391514
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1881 on: April 11, 2019, 01:42:18 pm »
FLORIDA MAN CALLING HIMSELF 'THE SAINT' THREATENED TO UNLEASH HIS ARMY OF TURTLES TO DESTROY TOWN

Excuse me?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1882 on: April 11, 2019, 01:48:13 pm »
Police stormed a bathroom with guns drawn to catch a burglar. They found a Roomba.

Pounding noises kept coming from the bathroom in a suburban home outside Portland, Ore. Cops had surrounded the door, and a trained canine panted nearby. The officers unholstered their guns, shouted that they were police and demanded that the burglary suspect holed up inside let them in.

No response. Just more banging. Probably, the police decided, the intruder was trying to force open a window to run away.
All at once, the cops burst in, ready to fire.

Then, they saw it: a little Roomba robot vacuum, stuck in a corner and slamming repeatedly into the shower door.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/04/10/police-stormed-bathroom-with-guns-drawn-catch-burglar-they-found-roomba/?utm_term=.0fd351d4e56d

:silly:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1883 on: April 11, 2019, 01:56:20 pm »
Police stormed a bathroom with guns drawn to catch a burglar. They found a Roomba.
That's hilarious.  :laugh:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1884 on: April 11, 2019, 03:18:48 pm »

Florida man Thomas Devaney Lane referred to himself as “the saint” as he threatened to release his turtle army to destroy people in the town of Indialantic, according to police.

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-man-turtle-army-saint-destroy-town-1391514

I love "Florida Man" stories....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #1885 on: April 11, 2019, 11:45:26 pm »
   Wish I would have thought of this.

http://www.dvdrewinder.com/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #1886 on: April 12, 2019, 01:03:21 am »
Someone is stealing wheels off of police cruisers in Mississippi

Tires taken from JPD Training Academy. (SOURCE: WLBT Viewer)

By KNOE

Posted: Tue 12:08 PM, Apr 09, 2019

JACKSON, MS (WLBT) -  For the second time in several weeks, thieves have stolen the wheels off of Jackson Police Department cars.

Sgt. Roderick Holmes says three police cars were towed Saturday after police found that their wheels had been stolen.

The cars were parked behind a police museum in downtown Jackson and police aren’t sure when the wheels were taken.

This is the second time wheels have been stolen from patrol cars in recent weeks. A car was left on blocks outside the west Jackson police training academy in March after thieves stole the tires and rims.

https://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Someone-is-stealing-wheels-off-of-police-cruisers-in-Mississippi-508324591.html
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 01:05:12 am by corbe »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1887 on: April 12, 2019, 01:17:41 am »
Used to be we just stole the hubcaps from cop cars.  Progress!  But...the good times...gooood times.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1888 on: April 12, 2019, 01:24:20 am »
The Memphis effect.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1889 on: April 12, 2019, 01:03:57 pm »
   Wish I would have thought of this.

http://www.dvdrewinder.com/

@corbe

Some people really do LOVE new gadgets,so I am betting they sold a few.

Kudos to the business owner and his sale staff for creating opportunity where none existed.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1890 on: April 12, 2019, 01:10:43 pm »

Those 'rocks' look like bags of concrete that were left outdoors.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1891 on: April 12, 2019, 01:46:18 pm »
Those 'rocks' look like bags of concrete that were left outdoors.

Musta run outta cinder blocks.
I will NOT comply.

Offline verga

« Reply #1892 on: April 12, 2019, 03:51:43 pm »

Tires taken from JPD Training Academy. (SOURCE: WLBT Viewer)

By KNOE

Posted: Tue 12:08 PM, Apr 09, 2019

JACKSON, MS (WLBT) -  For the second time in several weeks, thieves have stolen the wheels off of Jackson Police Department cars.

Sgt. Roderick Holmes says three police cars were towed Saturday after police found that their wheels had been stolen.

The cars were parked behind a police museum in downtown Jackson and police aren’t sure when the wheels were taken.

This is the second time wheels have been stolen from patrol cars in recent weeks. A car was left on blocks outside the west Jackson police training academy in March after thieves stole the tires and rims.

https://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Someone-is-stealing-wheels-off-of-police-cruisers-in-Mississippi-508324591.html
That takes Chutzpah to an all new level.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1893 on: April 12, 2019, 05:00:49 pm »
That takes Chutzpah to an all new level.

@verga

You are assuming it wasn't the cops or some other city workers who didn't steal the wheels and tires themselves to run on their cars or pickups.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1894 on: April 12, 2019, 05:39:17 pm »
@verga

You are assuming it wasn't the cops or some other city workers who didn't steal the wheels and tires themselves to run on their cars or pickups.

Good point.  The thieves knew to leave the cars on blocks because it wasn't noticed for quite some time.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1895 on: April 12, 2019, 09:07:00 pm »
Good point.  The thieves knew to leave the cars on blocks because it wasn't noticed for quite some time.

@Cyber Liberty

They also knew that if they didn't leave the brake drums sitting on something they would lose their jack and only get to steal one wheel and tire.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1896 on: April 19, 2019, 10:34:51 pm »
Rabid bobcat attacks Connecticut golfer and nearby horse
By Dylan Dethier
April 19, 2019

A golfer and a horse are in recovery after a rabid bobcat attack on Thursday at Mohegan Sun Golf Club in Connecticut.

While the 60-something golfer was playing the 7th hole, the bobcat attacked, jumping on his back. He was able to fight it off with his club, according to WFSB.

“He thought it was dead. As he walked a few steps away, it ended up jumping back up and taking off on him,” said Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) officer Chris Dwyer to WFSB.  ...

The golfer wasn’t the bobcat’s only target; the feline also worked its way into the stables at a nearby home and attacked a horse. Loree Osowski, the horse’s owner, said the animal suffered “lacerations to the neck and eye.”  ...
Full story
No word on whether the golfer took a mulligan on #7.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1897 on: April 20, 2019, 12:00:16 am »
Full story
No word on whether the golfer took a mulligan on #7.

@mountaineer

I'm surprised they have bob cats in Ct. How do they pay their taxes,by mugging golfers?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1898 on: April 20, 2019, 12:20:18 am »
I'm surprised they have bob cats in Ct. How do they pay their taxes,by mugging golfers?
News to me, too. They're very rare in my neck of the woods.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1899 on: April 20, 2019, 02:34:20 pm »
News to me, too. They're very rare in my neck of the woods.

We have them, but the Mountain Lions help keep their population in check.  The Yotes only go after them if they are very hungry.  The Lions don't care.
I will NOT comply.