Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528468 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1800 on: February 27, 2019, 07:05:43 pm »
@mountaineer

Aw geez!  And I just had "Mexicali Chicken" (made with fresh salsa) for lunch.  I think I'm going to be sick.  LOL

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1801 on: February 27, 2019, 07:08:31 pm »
Aw geez!  And I just had "Mexicali Chicken" (made with fresh salsa) for lunch.  I think I'm going to be sick.  LOL
:laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1802 on: February 27, 2019, 07:17:58 pm »
I guess he's lucky it's Tennessee hot sauce.  Texas salsa would have delivered its own justice.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1803 on: February 27, 2019, 10:29:12 pm »
I'm sure the pistol-whipped GF agrees with you.

@Cyber Liberty

Think what you want,but just don't bet any money on it. There is no shortage of women who like to be beaten so they can play the role of victim.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1804 on: February 28, 2019, 12:23:07 am »
@Cyber Liberty

Think what you want,but just don't bet any money on it. There is no shortage of women who like to be beaten so they can play the role of victim.

ISIS brides come immediately to mind.  They love being beaten.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1805 on: February 28, 2019, 12:28:00 am »
ISIS brides come immediately to mind.  They love being beaten.

I don't think so.  Most of them weren't volunteers. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1806 on: February 28, 2019, 01:51:50 am »
I don't think so.  Most of them weren't volunteers.

Yeah, that's probably true of the Syrian brides.  Trying to understand the Brits and Americans that immigrated to Syria with the express purpose of marrying into the cultists. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1807 on: February 28, 2019, 02:05:27 am »
Yeah, that's probably true of the Syrian brides.  Trying to understand the Brits and Americans that immigrated to Syria with the express purpose of marrying into the cultists.

According to this, there were about 550 to 1,000 foreign, Western, voluntary brides.  That leaves the vast number of women abused by ISIS as non-volunteers or from the region.

https://ctc.usma.edu/jihadi-brides-examining-female-guesthouse-registry-islamic-states-caliphate/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 02:06:37 am by Sanguine »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1808 on: February 28, 2019, 02:45:41 am »
‘Emotional support animal’ mauls 5-year-old girl at Portland airport, $1.1 million lawsuit says

By Aimee Green | The Oregonian/OregonLive

WARNING: This story contains a graphic photo below.

The mother of a 5-year-old girl mauled in the face by a pit bull at Portland International Airport has filed a $1.1 million lawsuit against the Port of Portland for allegedly letting a dangerous “emotional support animal” into the airport without a carrier.

The lawsuit lists two other defendants: the dog’s owner, Michelle Brannan, and Alaska Airlines. The suit claims Brannan should have known that her dog had “vicious propensities.” The suit says the airline is at fault for allegedly allowing Brannan to bring a dangerous dog into the gate waiting area, where the attack happened, when the dog wasn’t a trained service animal and wasn’t properly confined.

Mirna Gonzalez is suing on behalf of her daughter, Gabriella, who was 5 at the time of the attack on Dec. 18, 2017, and has since turned 7....

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019/02/emotional-support-animal-mauls-5-year-old-girl-at-portland-airport-11-million-lawsuit-says.html

This one might fall into the "more sad than ridiculous" category.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1809 on: February 28, 2019, 07:39:42 am »
The Mother may have a hard row to hoe suing the the Port Authority. Since Washington, like California puts some pretty big road blocks in the way of even authorities asking for actual proof. This is what the have to work with after the legislature passed new laws to make it harder for people to falsify their animals as service animals:

If a service animal’s trained purpose is not apparent, a place of public accommodation or a police officer can ask:

Do you need the animal because of a disability?

What work or task has it been trained to perform?

They cannot ask for

a demonstration of the animal’s training

proof that it is a service animal

I understand she is going after the Port Authority because it has deep pockets, but it also has it's hands tied by state law as far as requiring proof that a dog is a legal assistance animal. This is why we have all sorts of untrained and dirty animals being taken into grocery stores and even restaurants by old people that just can't be away from their babies and mentally ill people who think their normal and have to take their freaking dogs every where they go.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1810 on: February 28, 2019, 07:42:17 am »
Prayers up for the kid...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1811 on: February 28, 2019, 10:56:40 am »

I understand she is going after the Port Authority because it has deep pockets, but it also has it's hands tied by state law as far as requiring proof that a dog is a legal assistance animal. This is why we have all sorts of untrained and dirty animals being taken into grocery stores and even restaurants by old people that just can't be away from their babies and mentally ill people who think their normal and have to take their freaking dogs every where they go.

@GtHawk

I see an elderly couple at the local grocery store fairly often that has some sort of minature bull dog that probably weighs 15-20 lbs in the top shelf of their basket near the handlebar. The dog IS quiet and well-behaved,and is always wrapped up in it's own colorful blanket. Probably the oddest thing is the couple are always staring at people's faces,like they are just waiting to jump on someone for objecting.

I would object if the dog were running around on a lease and relieving himself,humping someone's leg,chewing on boxes,etc,etc,etc,but I still think it is more than a little bit odd they can't shop without taking their freaking dog with them,and the look on their faces when you look at the dog is a little disturbing.  These seem to be people with an emotional problem.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

« Reply #1812 on: February 28, 2019, 11:44:01 am »
I have fostered all sorts of dogs that have had any number of issues. Most of these fall in the abused or neglected categories. 99.99% of bad behaviors of animals is due to the owners or the person interacting with the animal. So my question is is does the dog have a bite history, or was the kid trying to shove crayons up it's @$$?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1813 on: February 28, 2019, 12:29:51 pm »
FBI finds 2,000 ancient human bones in Indiana man’s house
By Tamar Lapin              February 27, 2019

A man who ran an amateur museum out of his Indiana home kept a collection of thousands of stolen Native American bones, officials revealed this week.

Federal investigators probed the trove of 42,000 relics belonging to Don Miller, who died in in 2015, because they suspected many of the items were obtained in violation of antiquities laws.

But what they found was horrifying.

Read more at: https://nypost.com/2019/02/27/fbi-finds-2000-ancient-human-bones-in-indiana-mans-house/

Okay, this is bad. These are artifacts, it's inexcusable, at least, they were not fresh kills it appears but relics. Still, he raided apparently, people's bones, tribal bones, sounds like he violated likely burial grounds.  He also, had a lot of other stuff, like pottery and so on.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1814 on: February 28, 2019, 02:19:34 pm »
I have fostered all sorts of dogs that have had any number of issues. Most of these fall in the abused or neglected categories. 99.99% of bad behaviors of animals is due to the owners or the person interacting with the animal. So my question is is does the dog have a bite history, or was the kid trying to shove crayons up it's @$$?

I am very familiar with rescue dogs, and I think that much more of their behavior is biologically determined.  But, the owner means a lot, and in particular should create an environment where the dog can do well.  This dog was in an airport, which is not a normal dog environment, and the child did the correct thing and asked to pet him. The owner said she could.  I wouldn't take my big dog into an airport and then allow a child to pet him because I know that he would be massively stressed out by the crowds and the space and the odd smells and noises and general air of chaos.  I don't know that he would do anything bad, but I wouldn't risk it. But then, my dog isn't an "emotional support dog".  He's just a regular old good dog.   :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1815 on: February 28, 2019, 02:30:35 pm »
This particular "emotional support dog" should have been wearing a muzzle.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1816 on: February 28, 2019, 03:39:23 pm »
@GtHawk

I see an elderly couple at the local grocery store fairly often that has some sort of minature bull dog that probably weighs 15-20 lbs in the top shelf of their basket near the handlebar. The dog IS quiet and well-behaved,and is always wrapped up in it's own colorful blanket. Probably the oddest thing is the couple are always staring at people's faces,like they are just waiting to jump on someone for objecting.

I would object if the dog were running around on a lease and relieving himself,humping someone's leg,chewing on boxes,etc,etc,etc,but I still think it is more than a little bit odd they can't shop without taking their freaking dog with them,and the look on their faces when you look at the dog is a little disturbing.  These seem to be people with an emotional problem.
@sneakypete
I find it objectionable whether on the floor on a leash and more so when they put their usually grungy dirty dog in a shopping cart that other people with no way of knowing put their food in. Legitimate service animals are wearing vests, or harnesses for the blind, and they are different from the phony vests and certificates they sell to anyone on line.

Maybe that old couple you were describing were looking for someone to dare them because they knew they could tell whoever did to screw off because your state may also make it illegal to ask for proof.

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1819 on: February 28, 2019, 06:22:35 pm »
Wouldn't that make it "balsa"?

:silly:

Frank Cannon lives in Pennsylvania right?

Offline thackney

« Reply #1820 on: February 28, 2019, 06:29:17 pm »
:silly:

Frank Cannon lives in Pennsylvania right?

What happened to Frank Cannon?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1821 on: February 28, 2019, 06:34:00 pm »

He was an ambassador.  Maybe Trump fired him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1822 on: February 28, 2019, 06:35:07 pm »

Food poisoning?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1823 on: February 28, 2019, 08:45:04 pm »
Okay, this is bad. These are artifacts, it's inexcusable, at least, they were not fresh kills it appears but relics. Still, he raided apparently, people's bones, tribal bones, sounds like he violated likely burial grounds.  He also, had a lot of other stuff, like pottery and so on.

“About 2,000 human bones,” Tim Carpenter, who heads the FBI’s art crime unit, told CBS News on Tuesday.

“To the best of our knowledge right now, those 2,000 bones represent about 500 human beings.”

It depends on which bones they are, but the ordinary human has 208 bones.  It would require a collection of the same 4 bones from each burial to get to 500 humans, something which is archaeologically unlikely.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #1824 on: February 28, 2019, 09:17:11 pm »
I guess he's lucky it's Tennessee hot sauce.  Texas salsa would have delivered its own justice.

And that is the honest to gosh truth!