Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 533719 times)

Offline verga

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1625 on: November 15, 2018, 05:45:22 pm »
I have a grandson who has been clocked over 40 MPH on a conventional (foot powered) scooter on one of the longer hills in town. (speed limit there is 35) I have little doubt he has gone faster....
I was once clocked doing 40 in a 30 MPH on my bike. The officer was a friend of mine and told me that I was fine as long as I wasn't being "reckless".
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1626 on: November 15, 2018, 06:43:58 pm »
I was once clocked doing 40 in a 30 MPH on my bike. The officer was a friend of mine and told me that I was fine as long as I wasn't being "reckless".
They are a mite pickier here. I know a guy who got a DUI on a bicycle, for instance (and another who got one on a mule).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1627 on: November 20, 2018, 04:27:30 am »
IKEA Praised After Allowing Stray Dogs to Sleep in Store During Winter
BY JACK PHILLIPS
November 19, 2018 Updated: November 19, 2018 Share

IKEA received praise after one of its locations opened a store to stray dogs during the winter months.

In a video shared on Facebook, dogs could be seen resting on IKEA rugs inside staging rooms in Catania, Italy.

Most IKEA stores have a “no dogs” policy in the United States and in other countries. “The only animals allowed inside of IKEA U.S. stores are certified service dogs,” states the chain on its website.

Read more and see pictures at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/ikea-praised-after-allowing-stray-dogs-to-sleep-in-store-during-winter_2719384.html

Online DB

« Reply #1628 on: November 20, 2018, 04:55:19 am »

When I was a teenager I went over 55 mph on a highway (down hills) riding a 10 speed bicycle... And that was the speed limit back then... I was going as fast as the cars... T shirt, jeans and tennis shoes...

Offline verga

« Reply #1629 on: November 20, 2018, 01:09:13 pm »
When I was a teenager I went over 55 mph on a highway (down hills) riding a 10 speed bicycle... And that was the speed limit back then... I was going as fast as the cars... T shirt, jeans and tennis shoes...
And no helmet. I am still amazed i lived through my youth. Riding the Radio Fly wagon down stairs. Sledding into the street. "Riding" bent saplings down the hills.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1630 on: November 20, 2018, 08:50:09 pm »
And no helmet. I am still amazed i lived through my youth. Riding the Radio Fly wagon down stairs. Sledding into the street. "Riding" bent saplings down the hills.
@verga
I lived in the Kingsbridge section of the Bronx when I was little, right off Kingsbridge road a block up from Sedgwick Avenue. Starting at Sedgwick, Kingsbridge Road has a ferocious drop down to just above the Major Deegan Expressway at Bailey Avenue. We kids used to sled down that drop in winter and come back up in one piece (and it was one helluva walk back up that long drop dragging your sled behind you) and do it again. I was seven the first time I got to try that one and I didn't dare tell my parents about it---they would have killed me. (My parents, alas, were ahead of their time for childhood paranoia and a few other not so nice things, unfortunately.) On a drop that steep (I wondered how many bus drivers earned commendation medals for surviving it!) you probably hit 35-40 mph before you had to brake the sled at bottom.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline verga

« Reply #1631 on: November 20, 2018, 11:54:24 pm »
@verga
I lived in the Kingsbridge section of the Bronx when I was little, right off Kingsbridge road a block up from Sedgwick Avenue. Starting at Sedgwick, Kingsbridge Road has a ferocious drop down to just above the Major Deegan Expressway at Bailey Avenue. We kids used to sled down that drop in winter and come back up in one piece (and it was one helluva walk back up that long drop dragging your sled behind you) and do it again. I was seven the first time I got to try that one and I didn't dare tell my parents about it---they would have killed me. (My parents, alas, were ahead of their time for childhood paranoia and a few other not so nice things, unfortunately.) On a drop that steep (I wondered how many bus drivers earned commendation medals for surviving it!) you probably hit 35-40 mph before you had to brake the sled at bottom.
:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1632 on: November 21, 2018, 12:12:31 am »

... Hookey-bobbin to school... Riding in the back of pickups...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1633 on: December 01, 2018, 11:53:56 pm »
Teach your children well...
Boy, 14, is found shot in the head 30 minutes after carjacking 70-year-old man in St. Louis
    From staff reports Nov 28, 2018

ST. LOUIS • A 14-year-old boy was found shot near a stolen car about half an hour after he took the vehicle in a carjacking Monday afternoon, police said.

The boy was shot in the head, police said. His condition was not available, but police said he was stable.

The violence began when the boy and another robber carjacked a 70-year-old man in the Greater Ville neighborhood just before 5 p.m. The man was getting out of his Toyota Corolla  in the 4500 block of Lexington Avenue when the robbers approached and demanded his vehicle at gunpoint.

They got in the victim's car and left. The victim was not hurt.  ... 
More at St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1634 on: December 02, 2018, 12:43:21 am »
Teach your children well...More at St. Louis Post-Dispatch

@mountaineer

So,we are supposed to believe him and his homie carjacked the old guy,and then his homie shot him to death less than a mile away?

WTF?????? I can't even begin to guess what that is all about.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1635 on: December 02, 2018, 01:24:11 pm »
So,we are supposed to believe him and his homie carjacked the old guy,and then his homie shot him to death less than a mile away?
That's the most likely possibility. Apparently, St. Louis is awash with teenaged boys waving guns around. It could have been anyone.  **nononono*

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1636 on: December 02, 2018, 02:13:07 pm »
That's the most likely possibility. Apparently, St. Louis is awash with teenaged boys waving guns around. It could have been anyone.  **nononono*

@mountaineer

St.Louis has ALWAYS been awash with men,women,and children carrying guns. Back in my drinking and wandering around the country days I once became instantly sober at around 2 AM one Sunday morning,and discovered that I seemed to be the only white men in East St.Louis. It was like Mogadishu,but without the charm. Trashcan fires and black men,women,and children of all ages wandering up and down the street with all of them giving me the "fisheye",and there I was by myself with only a six shot revolver and no reloads. It was almost enough to make me stop drinking.

My best guess is the only thing that saved me is they all thought it might be a police sting,and I was the white bait. I could literally FEEL the hatred coming off those stares.

To this day I have no idea why I was there. The only two friends I ever had from St.Louis were both KIA in VN,so I wasn't visiting anyone I knew. I can tell you it didn't take me long to get the hell out of there,though.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 02:15:12 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1637 on: December 02, 2018, 02:51:02 pm »
Yeah, ESL will sober up anyone. I lived in the St. Louis area for 19 years, finally leaving in 1991. It wasn't nearly as bad back then as it is now, though.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1638 on: December 02, 2018, 04:28:01 pm »
Yeah, ESL will sober up anyone. I lived in the St. Louis area for 19 years, finally leaving in 1991. It wasn't nearly as bad back then as it is now, though.

Missouri now has constitutional carry, like AZ. :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #1639 on: December 04, 2018, 05:11:57 pm »
"A 300-pound woman has pleaded guilty to killing her 120-pound boyfriend by sitting on him"

A 300-lb Pennsylvania woman who killed her boyfriend by hitting him with a table leg, then sitting on him has pleaded guilty to third degree murder. Windi Thomas allegedly told police she had been drinking and craving crack cocaine when she smothered 120-lb. Keeno Butler during an altercation in March.

The cause of death was “respiratory insufficiency secondary to blunt force trauma to the neck and thoracic compression, exacerbated by blunt force trauma to the head,” according to Goerie.com.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-news-300-pound-woman-120-pound-man-murder-20181203-story.html
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1640 on: December 04, 2018, 05:18:19 pm »
"A 300-pound woman has pleaded guilty to killing her 120-pound boyfriend by sitting on him"

A 300-lb Pennsylvania woman who killed her boyfriend by hitting him with a table leg, then sitting on him has pleaded guilty to third degree murder. Windi Thomas allegedly told police she had been drinking and craving crack cocaine when she smothered 120-lb. Keeno Butler during an altercation in March.

The cause of death was “respiratory insufficiency secondary to blunt force trauma to the neck and thoracic compression, exacerbated by blunt force trauma to the head,” according to Goerie.com.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-news-300-pound-woman-120-pound-man-murder-20181203-story.html

Twasn't the suffocating that did him in, it was the blunt-force trauma from the table leg.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1641 on: December 04, 2018, 08:37:37 pm »
Just a little break in the news to bring you today's fun mugshot.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1642 on: December 04, 2018, 08:47:38 pm »
Just a little break in the news to bring you today's fun mugshot.

He looks like one of those drunken fraternity pranks, except that presumably he did this to himself.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #1643 on: December 04, 2018, 10:05:55 pm »

Sounds like suicide to me.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1644 on: December 04, 2018, 11:29:47 pm »
A 300-pound woman has pleaded guilty to killing her 120-pound boyfriend by sitting on him
That reminded me of a couple at a church I used to attend. He was about 125 pounds. She wasn't 300, more like 220 pounds, but he admitted that there was something about large women that he really found attractive.  :shrug: To each his own. They seemed happy and, as far as I know, she never crushed him to death.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 02:12:35 am by Sanguine »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1646 on: December 08, 2018, 02:33:29 am »

https://mashable.com/2016/11/21/modern-nativity-hipster-nativity-set/#jhxrYz_OhkqK
Rather than ridiculous, I am leaning more towards sad/sick. I realize that I am a lapsed Catholic, however I still have a firm belief in God and am old enough to have been brought up with respect for religion and the beliefs of others. Apparently Millennials have been brought up with neither.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1647 on: December 08, 2018, 06:24:20 pm »
Soooo...they are brought down by not being brought up?? :pondering:  :laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #1649 on: December 10, 2018, 04:44:20 am »

https://mashable.com/2016/11/21/modern-nativity-hipster-nativity-set/#jhxrYz_OhkqK
Are there bearing essential oils, crypto-currency, and a Keruig coffee maker? Can't raise the dead without coffee.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour