Author Topic: If Ben Carson Is Wrong, Why Are Islamists Trying to Change the Constitution?  (Read 3278 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: If Ben Carson Is Wrong, Why Are Islamists Trying to Change the Constitution?
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2015, 02:47:48 pm »
And that from a guy who used to attack the Socons pretty hard.  I guess that since Trump is trying so hard to make nice with them he feels free to welcome the great unwashed back into the fold.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

(And it seems you don't either).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

bkepley

Re: If Ben Carson Is Wrong, Why Are Islamists Trying to Change the Constitution?
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2015, 02:51:23 pm »
I have no idea what you're talking about.

(And it seems you don't either).

Really?  You have not seen DC's attacks on the "SOCONs"?  Do a search of SOCONs on this site.  Until now he is the only one who uses the term AFAIK.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2015, 03:13:26 pm »
Really?  You have not seen DC's attacks on the "SOCONs"?  Do a search of SOCONs on this site.  Until now he is the only one who uses the term AFAIK.

Well, you've got a problem here because I'm a dreaded "socon" and DC and I respect each other very much, and get along just fine even when we don't agree.

And your post still makes no sense........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

bkepley

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2015, 03:19:34 pm »
Well, you've got a problem here because I'm a dreaded "socon" and DC and I respect each other very much, and get along just fine even when we don't agree.

And your post still makes no sense........

Certainly it does.  He is smiling on your SOCON advocacy whereas before he acted like SOCONs were the ruination of the GOP but if you insist on not seeing the nose on your face it is useless to argue about it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2015, 03:22:55 pm »
Certainly it does.  He is smiling on your SOCON advocacy whereas before he acted like SOCONs were the ruination of the GOP but if you insist on not seeing the nose on your face it is useless to argue about it.

Agree.

Your arguments in areas you don't understand are indeed, useless.

Edited to add: Your shameless attempts to divide us are duly noted.  One of the best things about this forum is that the majority of us are able to disagree agreeably, and still respect each other.  It's one of the things I value most about being here.  No matter what you do, bkepley, you're not going to succeed in driving a wedge between DC and me.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:55:37 pm by musiclady »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2015, 06:17:36 pm »
Thank you, musiclady, for the kind words.  There's nothing in this world you could do to diminish the utmost respect I hold for you.

Bkepley, I have problems with SOCONS who insist that their positions on their pet social issues are primary and not secondary in vetting a prospective candidate.  We are seeing this played out everyday on Capitol Hill and in the social media.

My feeling is that American society has shifted to the point that the hatred of Social Conservatives by the public-at-large has spread to include all Republicans in general.  And that's not good if you're trying to win elections.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald