Author Topic: If Ben Carson Is Wrong, Why Are Islamists Trying to Change the Constitution?  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: If Ben Carson Is Wrong, Why Are Islamists Trying to Change the Constitution?
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2015, 09:30:46 pm »
Right.

Whatever you say..........    **nononono*

One poster will always be the most left leaning. On this forum that's me, and if I wasn't here somebody else would take up that role. Being the most left leaning person on this forum does not make me a "standard liberal." I disagree with liberals all the time. You just don't see that side of me because you're not a liberal and I don't contribute to echo chambers.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

Re: If Ben Carson Is Wrong, Why Are Islamists Trying to Change the Constitution?
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2015, 09:31:19 pm »
You might want to get over your Jesus complex. Equating Santorum with Muslims is intellectual foolishness, at best. There were no facts stated.

I would call it 'intellectual dishonesty.'

I'm quite sure the fellow knows that equating Santorum with Muslims was just plain goofy, but from what I've seen, he says stupid stuff just to get a rise out of us.

He's playing a game, methinks.......... thus the ridiculous comments bearing no resemblance to 'facts.'
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

bkepley

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2015, 09:31:37 pm »
You might want to get over your Jesus complex. Equating Santorum with Muslims is intellectual foolishness, at best. There were no facts stated.

Whatever, all I am saying his intention is not motivated by political correctness.  Actually as far as Freemasonry goes I'm not sure what the point was.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2015, 09:31:57 pm »
One poster will always be the most left leaning. On this forum that's me, and if I wasn't here somebody else would take up that role. Being the most left leaning person on this forum does not make me a "standard liberal." I disagree with liberals all the time. You just don't see that side of me because you're not a liberal and I don't contribute to echo chambers.

Right.

Whatever you say.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2015, 09:35:43 pm »
Whatever, all I am saying his intention is not motivated by political correctness.  Actually as far as Freemasonry goes I'm not sure what the point was.

Nonetheless, there was not a single fact in what was said.  Equating Santorum with Muslims was just plain dumb.

bkepley

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2015, 09:37:37 pm »
I would call it 'intellectual dishonesty.'

I'm quite sure the fellow knows that equating Santorum with Muslims was just plain goofy, but from what I've seen, he says stupid stuff just to get a rise out of us.

He's playing a game, methinks.......... thus the ridiculous comments bearing no resemblance to 'facts.'

Maybe he believes his point of view is just as valid as yours and deserves to be considered?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 10:04:58 pm »
Maybe he believes his point of view is just as valid as yours and deserves to be considered?

No.  Not if doesn't bear any resemblance to the truth.

Comparing  Santorum to Islam was not just another opinion.  It was intellectually dishonest.

And both of you know it.

Unless you're both leftists, that is.........

bkepley

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2015, 10:08:33 pm »

Comparing  Santorum to Islam was not just another opinion.  It was intellectually dishonest.

And both of you know it.

LOL

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2015, 10:10:01 pm »

And both of you know it.

:laugh:   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2015, 10:11:06 pm »
I want the record to show that I'm smiling and not "laughing out loud".   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2015, 10:18:45 pm »
LOL

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I don't know either you or Godzilla very well, and I've seen some, shall I say, incongruous comments from both of you, if I assume you're conservatives.

So, I'm stating outright that I really don't know where your loyalties lie, and it's not my place to accuse you of doing anything other than what I observe that you're doing....

...... that is, saying things that are completely inconsistent with conservatism.   ^-^
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:20:09 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2015, 10:19:45 pm »
I want the record to show that I'm smiling and not "laughing out loud".   ^-^

I saw that smile, DC.   :laugh:

THIS.....   :silly: ........ is laughing out loud.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2015, 10:56:57 pm »
I saw that smile, DC.   :laugh:

THIS.....   :silly: ........ is laughing out loud.

Mine was a smile of approval to the point you were making.

His was a "is that all you got?" kind of a laugh.

dontcha think?     :laugh:

Godzilla

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2015, 12:00:43 am »

The principles behind the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were mainly Freemason concepts, ie: deist.  The founding fathers specifically went out of their way to avoid endorsing *ANY* religion in the documents.

Online libertybele

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2015, 12:05:23 am »
Jefferson was a deist.  Adams became a skeptic.  The constitution is clearly written to protect the goverment from any religion.

Freemasonry is NOT a religion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

bkepley

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2015, 12:12:35 am »
Freemasonry is NOT a religion.

Of course not.  I guess that was the point.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2015, 02:58:04 am »
I think the Constitution should be changed as well.

Let's start by changing Amendment #1 from this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

to this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. The followers of muhammed are specifically excluded and denied the protections of this amendment along with any and all other Constitutional protections. Neither the United States nor the Several States will offer such protections or liberties to the followers of muhammed."

bkepley

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2015, 03:03:52 am »
I think the Constitution should be changed as well.

Let's start by changing Amendment #1 from this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

to this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. The followers of muhammed are specifically excluded and denied the protections of this amendment along with any and all other Constitutional protections. Neither the United States nor the Several States will offer such protections or liberties to the followers of muhammed."

Pass.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2015, 05:21:07 am »
So, I'm stating outright that I really don't know where your loyalties lie, and it's not my place to accuse you of doing anything other than what I observe that you're doing....

...... that is, saying things that are completely inconsistent with conservatism.   ^-^

Quite agree, ML. There seem to be about 3 or 4 posters on here whose true political allegiances are questionable. That, however, is not really the problem. The real problem is their negativism which is combined with their periodic dishonesty which is combined with their constant presence here. It's as if they never take a break and are all on quite a few threads, possibly a majority of the threads. It's almost as if they are being paid by some group to be on here and thus have nothing but time to cause dissension.   
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2015, 02:04:49 pm »
Quite agree, ML. There seem to be about 3 or 4 posters on here whose true political allegiances are questionable. That, however, is not really the problem. The real problem is their negativism which is combined with their periodic dishonesty which is combined with their constant presence here. It's as if they never take a break and are all on quite a few threads, possibly a majority of the threads. It's almost as if they are being paid by some group to be on here and thus have nothing but time to cause dissension.

Yep, smells like the same thing that goes on at FR.
The Republic is lost.

bkepley

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2015, 02:15:27 pm »
Yep, smells like the same thing that goes on at FR.

I sometimes think the opposite, that there are agents provocatuers here making the most thoughtless unconservative statements in order to ridicule them ala Stephen Colbert.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2015, 02:21:14 pm »
I sometimes think the opposite, that there are agents provocatuers here making the most thoughtless unconservative statements in order to ridicule them ala Stephen Colbert.

Sounds like someone is projecting. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2015, 02:22:24 pm »

Smell thyself, bkepley!    :whistle:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2015, 02:36:27 pm »
Mine was a smile of approval to the point you were making.

His was a "is that all you got?" kind of a laugh.

dontcha think?     :laugh:

Yep.

bkepley

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2015, 02:43:27 pm »
Yep.

And that from a guy who used to attack the Socons pretty hard.  I guess that since Trump is trying so hard to make nice with them he feels free to welcome the great unwashed back into the fold.