Author Topic: Controversial South Park episode shows Donald Trump being raped and murdered  (Read 819 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Watching last week's episode with P C Principal and Bruce Kardashian should be a prerequisite to last night's episode. Otherwise, Jimmies will be ruffled.

Donald Trump was on the receiving end of a vicious take-down by South Park on Wednesday evening, which skirted the borders of decency and taste and arguably crossed them.

In an almost unprecedented attack on a running presidential candidate, the adult cartoon lampooned the Republican and in a shocking finale, showed the billionaire businessman being brutally raped to death.

The inflammatory episode of the satirical cartoon, created by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, was supposed to attack Trump's immigration policies and mocked his oft-repeated promise to build a wall between the US and Mexico...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3247124/Controversial-South-Park-episode-shows-Donald-Trump-raped-murdered.html#ixzz3meywr2Ld

« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:53:09 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

bkepley

Chris Pleasance For Dailymail.com

South Park launched vicious attack on Trump and his election policies
Shows character Mr Garrison pledging to 'f***' illegal immigrants to death
Promise is in reference to Trump's real-world zero-tolerance approach
Also brands Trump a 'brash a*******' and a 'joke' that got out of hand
Garrison also pledges to build a wall between the U.S. and Canada
But when Canada beats him to it, he travels into the country before carrying out his sick rape threat on Trump himself

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3247124/Controversial-South-Park-episode-shows-Donald-Trump-raped-murdered.html#ixzz3mfjRElw0

These guys know how to handle Donald Trump.  :silly:

Offline ABX

I finally have a few minutes to give my take on this and the reports on this.

1. The overt Trump character was the one actually doing the raping. That would be Mr. Garrison. The one being raped, the President of Canada, also could be a Trump character but wasn't as overt as the role Mr. Garrison was playing.
2. If you look at it this way, the Trump who is the campaigner is raping the Trump who was the President. (a comment on his self-destructive nature possibly?)
3. The real conversation in this episode, combined with the last episode, is not a specific candidate, but the war of P.C. You have two extremes where people embrace radical political correctness, where one can't even say Bruce Kardashian is a hero and attacking every single so-called micro-aggression, to then taking the rebellion against this too far and jumping on whatever crazy populist is the opposite of that, even if it is cheering the calling for the actual rape and murder of someone.

So the 'you know, I learned something today' moment was really a tale of people jumping back and forth on every extreme bandwagon just because it wasn't the other bandwagon, and setting aside what they really believe.

Trump, like Bruce Kardashian, were just symbols, and ironically, drove off in the sunset together.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 04:55:21 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline andy58-in-nh

2. If you look at it this way, the Trump who is the campaigner is raping the Trump who was the President. (a comment on his self-destructive nature possibly?)

I have not yet seen the episode, though I plan to do so this evening along with a cigar and an appropriately powerful libation. But even now I wonder if all that Trey Parker and Matt Stone are saying is that Trump should go **** himself....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

bkepley

I have not yet seen the episode, though I plan to do so this evening along with a cigar and an appropriately powerful libation. But even now I wonder if all that Trey Parker and Matt Stone are saying is that Trump should go **** himself....

:laugh:

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist