Author Topic: Trump, Cruz thump Iran nuclear deal at Capitol Hill rally  (Read 620 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump, Cruz thump Iran nuclear deal at Capitol Hill rally
« on: September 09, 2015, 09:17:45 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/09/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-iran-nuclear-deal-rally-capitol-hill/index.html

Trump, Cruz thump Iran nuclear deal at Capitol Hill rally

By Dana Bash, Eugene Scott and Jeremy Diamond, CNN

Updated 3:53 PM ET, Wed September 9, 2015 |

Washington (CNN)Presidential hopefuls Donald Trump and Ted Cruz took to the steps of Capitol Hill on Wednesday, each using their trademark fiery rhetoric to slam President Barack Obama's proposed Iran nuclear deal.

Taking the podium with R.E.M.'s "The End of the World" blaring, the real estate mogul used a brief speech to say that if elected, four Americans being held in Iran will return to the U.S. before he takes office.

"I've never seen something so incompetently negotiated -- and I mean never," Trump said.

Trump followed Cruz, who said that if Congress approves the current deal, Iran could end up developing a weapon that could kill millions along the Atlantic seaboard.

"If Senate Democrats decide that party loyalty matters more than national security and if Republican leadership decides that showboating is more important than stopping this deal, then the single most important issue in 2016 will be stopping Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon," he said.

Trump said Cruz was one of the first to support him when he shared some of his immigration policies.

"I like him. He likes me. He's backed me 100%," he said. "Ted Cruz was out there and he really backed me very strongly and I always respected that. He asked me to come along and I guess he figured we'd get a big crowd and we certainly have."

Other speakers for Wednesday's rally included a who's-who roster of conservative icons: Talk radio hosts Mark Levin and Glenn Beck; former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin; and Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson.

Palin took the stage shortly after Trump, but was interrupted by an unidentified heckler at the start of her brief remarks.

"You don't reward terrorism. You kill it," Palin said, in a wide ranging speech where she attacked not only Obama, but Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton and the media.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump, Cruz thump Iran nuclear deal at Capitol Hill rally
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 10:36:45 pm »
After listening and watching Ted Cruz's speech on Iran I am even more convinced that he would make a very strong leader.  A very strong conservative leader to restore this country.  A very strong leader who would certainly gain the respect of those around the globe that this country once had.  Trump would make a strong leader as well.

Trump and Cruz kick butt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJrwki_nFMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTHrFM57f20
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 10:50:18 pm »
Good for them and everyone at the rally.    Yea, that did come from a non-Trump person.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 11:54:43 pm »
Good for them and everyone at the rally.    Yea, that did come from a non-Trump person.

It's certainly OK to appreciate what Trump brings to the Republican primary without throwing your support behind him.

Just to remind those who are not fully enamored with Trump's unique attraction, 19 million more viewers than four years ago tuned in to watch the first Republican debate. That's 38 million more eyeballs. Love him or hate him, Trump has been good for the GOP.

bkepley

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 12:08:55 am »
It's certainly OK to appreciate what Trump brings to the Republican primary without throwing your support behind him.

Just to remind those who are not fully enamored with Trump's unique attraction, 19 million more viewers than four years ago tuned in to watch the first Republican debate. That's 38 million more eyeballs. Love him or hate him, Trump has been good for the GOP.

Yes he's been good for the GOP.  He would be a disaster for the GOP if nominated and an even greater disaster if elected but anyway that won't happen.  And let's not even consider what such a buffoon would be for the whole country.   I love the idea of electing a capitalist but that is not what Don Trump is.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 12:55:59 am »
Yes he's been good for the GOP.  He would be a disaster for the GOP if nominated and an even greater disaster if elected but anyway that won't happen.  And let's not even consider what such a buffoon would be for the whole country.   I love the idea of electing a capitalist but that is not what Don Trump is.

Absolutely he's been good for the GOP.  Where in the hell were the other GOP candidates and our GOP Congressional leaders in publicly voicing their disdain for Obama's nuke deal with Iran? The GOP majority should be standing up and fighting for the welfare of this country with every option that they have to stop this deal. No, instead we have a bunch of mamby-pamby establishment candidates and the left-kissing establishment elite in Congress bowing to Obama and selling this country down the tubes.

I will take Donald Trump any day over Bush, Christie, Boehner, McConnell, Rubio, Graham, and the rest of the spineless, worthless RINO's!

Thank God we have people like Ted Cruz and Donald Trump as our GOP establishment majority continues to do NOTHING but cater to the Marxist and  progressive left.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 01:00:55 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.