Author Topic: Rep. Franks: ‘The Only Time This Little Baby Was Ever Held … Was by Those Who Cut His Face Open and Took His Brain’  (Read 1032 times)

rangerrebew

Published on CNS News (http://cnsnews.com)

Rep. Franks: ‘The Only Time This Little Baby Was Ever Held … Was by Those Who Cut His Face Open and Took His Brain’

(CNSNews.com) – During a House Judiciary Committee hearing on Planned Parenthood’s abortion practices on Wednesday, Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) described how two Planned Parenthood employees recorded during an undercover video operation removed the brain of an unborn baby whose heart was still beating.

“One of these videos describes an incident where one of Planned Parenthood’s employees calls one of the younger employees over to witness something that was ‘kinda cool,’ that one of the babies’ hearts was still beating,” said Franks.

“The older employee then said, ‘Okay, this is a really good fetus, and it looks like we can procure a lot from it. We can procure a brain.’ And then using scissors, together the two employees, starting at the baby’s chin, cut upward through the center of this child’s face and pulled out the baby’s little brain and placed it in a container where it could later be sold,” he said.

“Mr. Chairman, I find it so crushingly sad that the only time this little baby was ever held by anyone in his short life was by those who cut his face open and took his brain,” said Franks during an emotional opening statement.

Wednesday’s hearing, titled, “Planned Parenthood Exposed: Examining the Horrific Abortion Practices at the Nation’s Largest Abortion Provider,” was held in reaction to a series of undercover videos by the Center for Medical Progress, which show Planned Parenthood officials discussing the sale of unborn baby body parts.

As CNSNews.com reported earlier [1], Holly O’Donnell -- a former “procurement technician” who worked in Planned Parenthood clinics for the biotech company StemExpress -- describes being told to cut through the face of an aborted, late-term baby whose heart was still beating, to obtain the brain.

“This is the most gestated fetus and closest thing to a baby I’ve seen,” said O’Donnell. “And she’s [Jessica, another technician] like, okay, I want to show you something and she has one of her instruments and she just taps the heart and it starts beating.”

“I’m sitting here looking at this fetus and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think,” said O’Donnell.  “It had a face. It wasn't completely torn up. Its nose was very pronounced. It had eyelids.”

“Since the fetus was so intact, she [Jessica] said, okay, well, this is a really good fetus and it looks like we can procure a lot from it. We’re going to procure a brain,” recalled O’Donnell.

In his opening statement during Wednesday’s Judiciary Committee hearing, Franks said the U.S. “is a unique nation that was premised on the foundation that all of us in the human family were created equal and that each of us is endowed by our creator with this unalienable right to live.”

Franks compared the Planned Parenthood employees’ actions that he described to the actions of Dr. Kermit Gosnell [2], an abortionist who was convicted in 2013 of first-degree murder for killing three babies born alive after abortions by severing their spinal cords with scissors. Gosnell was sentenced [3] to life in prison in that case plus a concurrent 30 years for illegally distributing painkillers.

“Have we forgotten that it was not so long ago that authorities entered the clinic of Dr. Kermit Gosnell then found a torture chamber for little babies that describes, that really defies description within the constraints of the English language?” Franks asked.

“The grand jury report at the time said, ‘Dr. Kermit Gosnell had a simple solution for unwanted babies. He killed them. He didn’t call it that. He called it ensuring fetal demise. The way he ensured fetal demise was by sticking scissors in the back of the baby’s neck and cutting the spinal cord. He called it snipping. Over the years, there were hundreds of snippings,’” Franks said, quoting the grand jury report.

“Ashley Baldwin, one of Dr. Gosnell’s employees said she saw babies breathing, and she described one as two feet long that no longer had eyes or mouth but in her words was making this screeching noise, and it ‘sounded like a little alien,’” Franks said.

“And yet, the president of the United States of America and many members of Congress have not uttered one single syllable against these gut-wrenching atrocities of Kermit Gosnell or Planned Parenthood. For God’s sake is this who we truly are?” he asked.

Franks called on Congress to defund Planned Parenthood and for Democrat senators to end their filibuster against the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, “because passing it would prevent the vast majority of these evil acts by Planned Parenthood, these videos have now so clearly shown to the entire world.”
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/rep-franks-i-find-it-so-crushingly-sad-only-time-little-baby-was-ever

Offline musiclady

This makes my heart hurt.

What has this nation become that such evil violence against innocent children is met with mockery from the left, and a woman who is running for President calls those of us who oppose this barbarism "terrorists?"
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.